Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:56 pm

Season 3 Episode 12: Double Trouble

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

I would do a funny set of polls, but my mind is in shock...I mean...WILLIAM! Also I feel it's better if people vote honestly on this already controversial episode, rather than have their votes swayed by silly options. Rock On Guys! :)

10/10
38%
9/10
22%
8/10
20%
7/10
7%
6/10
No votes
5/10
7%
4/10
4%
3/10
No votes
2/10
2%
1/10
No votes
0/10
No votes

Total votes : 45

Postby Evil Ulrich » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:59 pm

Well who knows.
Used to be Tarantula, Krabe General, and RageFireHunter
Evil Ulrich offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Astro-Xana » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:14 pm

Now when Odd said "You want a little male intuition, something very nasty," did you find that wrong because the way he said it and the view going close up right into Odd's eye implies that he was going to do something nasty with Yumi and Aelita!

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Evil Ulrich » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:15 pm

No.
Evil Ulrich offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby JeremysGirl » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:14 pm

I loved this episode. The Jeremie clone was evil the way he smiled near the end. *shivers* Creepy.
Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.-Lilo and Stitch
Virtualization!-Jeremie
Microsoft, aka X.A.N.A.
Forcast for Lyoko: Mostly sunny with a 90% chance of X.A.N.A.
Listen to your librarian, she knows her sources.
JeremysGirl offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Keiji » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:17 pm

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:Now when Odd said "You want a little male intuition, something very nasty," did you find that wrong because the way he said it and the view going close up right into Odd's eye implies that he was going to do something nasty with Yumi and Aelita!

You know what, you remind me of a media studies teacher at our school who always noticed things the wrong way. XD
Keiji offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby cuttyyumi » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:18 pm

Krabe General wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;__;

My mountain sector!!!!

Well at least it was the last sector standing.

i thought the ice sector will be the last sector because it was the first sector the lyoko gang went to. :)

JeremysGirl wrote:I loved this episode. The Jeremie clone was evil the way he smiled near the end. *shivers* Creepy.

yeah, it gave the shivers but it was cool to see what will happen if jeremie turned evil. :)

Posts merged by Mewberries151: Please don't double post. Thanks!
cuttyyumi offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Evil Ulrich » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:24 pm

Don't double post.

I like evil Jeremie best.
Evil Ulrich offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:38 pm

Yanno what's wierd, I went back and watched a Season 2 episode...

Let's just say, it's hard to do a sudden switch between seasons.

Why?

Jeremie's voice.

*mindspasm*
Carth offline

Postby Writing_Addict » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:43 pm

Xantard wrote:Yanno what's wierd, I went back and watched a Season 2 episode...

Why?

Jeremie's voice.

*mindspasm*

Yeah it's creepy isn't it? They shouldn't have changed in the first place.
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Insanity Hero » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:48 pm

So Willy is part of the Lyoko gang eh? Well that just makes my world come to a complete hault until further notice. Really I don't like the guy and as Yumi says "I just don't trust you." I don't trust the guy as far as I can throw him, and that isn't far.

I'd rather would have Sissi on the team then William. And that's saying a lot but also in season two she showed that she can be just as strong, and just as willing to put her life on the line. But this is me getting off topic, and still mad at the fact that Willy my boy is part of the gang.

To end it I think this is going to bite them in the butt hard.
Insanity Hero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby X.A.N.A » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:04 pm

JxA Addict wrote:

Why?

Jeremie's voice.

*mindspasm*

Heh, I was thinking. Maybe they should re-record seasons 1-2 with the 3rd season voice (which is better IMO).

But that'd probably take too much time, and money.
X.A.N.A offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:15 pm

X.A.N.A wrote:
JxA Addict wrote:

Why?

Jeremie's voice.

*mindspasm*

Heh, I was thinking. Maybe they should re-record seasons 1-2 with the 3rd season voice (which is better IMO).

But that'd probably take too much time, and money.

Even to just do Jeremie's voice, you're probably right.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby animenologist » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:59 pm

Well, can't say I enjoyed them having William join them. I've already stated why out of bias in The Secret, but its not entirely illogical for them to choose to allow another into their group and it being William. I was really hoping Sissi would get priority, what with seniority and all. And if William gets into Lyoko before Jeremie, it kinda confirms my feelings of Jeremie decreasing as a character this season, but I'll wait until the last episode of the season before I judge the storyline for the season as a whole. A lot of stuff usually comes out within the episodes. Though I have to say, if Sissi was the main secondary character of Season 2, William is the main secondary character of Season 3.

I'm betting a cookie that William goes the way of Sissi and Jim in being left out of the group after his entry in the last episode. 2 cookies that he does a Sissi and betrays their trust like her, most likely out of good intent.

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes.

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes."
-- Buckminster Fuller
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:15 am

Jinnai wrote:
I have to say, William joining was a shock even though I've known for nearly 2 months already...cheers Jerome! And I've got one more (moon) scoop for Monday up my sleeve.

Darn it, TL, quit tormenting us! :cussout:

Grr, the Lyoko Freaks in Paris interview better come soon or I'll lose my mind!

Hey...wait a minute...I thought TB3 only said that Mr. Mouscadet "implied" that there'd be a new member (which can be taken as being permanent or temporary), and that it might be William....nothing set in stone though.

TB3 wrote:
KnifeShock wrote:TB3! You guys knew about this didn't you!!!!

Umm, kinda - Jerome implied there'd be a new member and then winked "Maybe William" - and I got that on camera :P

So yes, I was expecting this to an extent - after 'The Secret' though I figured Jerome was teasing us a little, so tonight's ep still stunned me!

See?

So...couldn't he still be "toying" with us? ^^

Insanity Hero wrote:So Willy is part of the Lyoko gang eh? Well that just makes my world come to a complete hault until further notice. Really I don't like the guy and as Yumi says "I just don't trust you." I don't trust the guy as far as I can throw him, and that isn't far.

To end it I think this is going to bite them in the butt hard.

That's what keeps nagging at me too...everything about William joining just feels...oddly uncomfortable. I can't quite put my finger on it...but it just does.

animenologist wrote:Well, can't say I enjoyed them having William join them. I've already stated why out of bias in The Secret, but its not entirely illogical for them to choose to allow another into their group and it being William. I was really hoping Sissi would get priority, what with seniority and all. And if William gets into Lyoko before Jeremie, it kinda confirms my feelings of Jeremie decreasing as a character this season, but I'll wait until the last episode of the season before I judge the storyline for the season as a whole. A lot of stuff usually comes out within the episodes. Though I have to say, if Sissi was the main secondary character of Season 2, William is the main secondary character of Season 3.

I'm betting a cookie that William goes the way of Sissi and Jim in being left out of the group after his entry in the last episode. 2 cookies that he does a Sissi and betrays their trust like her, most likely out of good intent.

Agreed on mostly everything there...except perhaps the Jeremie thing, since even though he didn't go to Lyoko, he still played a really big part this season (with this episode actually focusing somewhat on him even).

But yeah...I'm not betting on William lasting long...especially if "The Secret" is any indication to his prowess at "subtlety". (*coughshoutingoutloudaboutXANAcough*) ^^

The other thing that strikes me as odd about William joining before Sissi or Jim (or at all)...is that...(and I know I'm going to get tomatoed for this)...I don't think William has nearly as large a fanbase as either of those two. And...he's a character that one tends to either like or dislike...whereas Sissi and Jim both have grey areas where a fan can say...yeah, they're okay by me, not my favorite but yeah.

I don't think William really has that (*ducks tomatoes*)...which is why he strikes me as such an unusual choice.

I'm just speculating here, and I don't have a ton of proof...other than I don't think he's all that popular with the French fans either (if their forums are any indication)...so why choose him over other secondary characters that have had pleas for them to join since season 1?

It all still seems entirely suspicious to me.... ^^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby animenologist » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:52 am

After Season 2, I tend to take anything implied by the Lyoko staff as potential half-truths and misdirections. Last season, they stated Jeremie would go to Lyoko. Well he did, for what potentially was a few minutes, but we didn't get to see him. They implied Odd getting a girlfriend, and while some strides were made in Sissi's direction and he has been shown to have had several girlfriends in the past, he has no one permanent. I could easily take it that they get a new member, for one episode. Then its back to the status quo. The potential for twists and misdirection is always their. Unless you actually saw the episode, saw the script, or see the va's do the complete take, I'm maintaining my skepticism that this is permanent.

And it still seems odd that they would choose William, especially since during this Season, up until this point, he's only been developed as a potential member for 3 episodes, Lyoko Minus 1, The Secret, and Double Trouble. That's two episodes where this entire idea took place and his developement during Season 2 was a bit lackluster. Just think that the entire thing got developed so quickly. Sissi has gotten a supporting role several times over, usually revolving around helping them in the real world, outside of XANA (usually involving the principal). She has had her own The Secret in the form of Ultimatum, and multiple occassions where they found her brave or overall more helpful to the situation. The Trap, Frontier, St. Valentine's Day, Missing Link, Ultimatum, Vertigo (very minor help), and Attack of the Zombies. Her developement except for this season, has been great for a supporting character and based on forums, she is incredibly well liked as a supporting character.

Don't see that with William, and even then, based on the reaction from forums, most people are incredibly disagreeable with William being on the team and a good portion who don't mind, I find just wants to see a different face on Lyoko or a different person who interacts with their missions on a regular basis.

And what I mean by Jeremie decreasing as a character, is that he's slowly losing development and focus and feeling like he's just meant to be there as either a plot device or a virtualization bot. For the most part of this season, he either creates a convenient solution, that everyone else needs to enact, or he's the person who created the problem, which requires him to make a solution, that everyone else needs to enact. In other words, half the time he's a deus ex machina, half the time he's a MacGuffin. The only episode where he has some major focus in a positive role (this episode, not including the prequels) and he didn't do anything of major value that really holds you in awe. His major achievement was kinda placed in as just being there, "Oh wait, just as expected, I conveniently figure out how to get into Sector 5 directly."

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes.

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes."
-- Buckminster Fuller
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:38 am

animenologist wrote:And what I mean by Jeremie decreasing as a character, is that he's slowly losing development and focus and feeling like he's just meant to be there as either a plot device or a virtualization bot. For the most part of this season, he either creates a convenient solution, that everyone else needs to enact, or he's the person who created the problem, which requires him to make a solution, that everyone else needs to enact. In other words, half the time he's a deus ex machina, half the time he's a MacGuffin. The only episode where he has some major focus in a positive role (this episode, not including the prequels) and he didn't do anything of major value that really holds you in awe. His major achievement was kinda placed in as just being there, "Oh wait, just as expected, I conveniently figure out how to get into Sector 5 directly."

He's cutting it a bit close, true.

Doesn't help that UxY has the monopoly on relationship angst, leaving JxA seeming a bit bleh.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby . » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:06 am

Solution: Throw Odd or Will into the JXA fray and there you go.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Writing_Addict » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:24 am

ThePepsiPiper wrote:Solution: Throw Odd or Will into the JXA fray and there you go.

Ooh....I see some fights in that vision! But then again that be throwing the ball too far, we've got YxU and that's all we need anymore angst I'll go nuts.
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Stonecreek » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:33 am

Ugh...where do I start? I guess with William. William joining the gang is interesting for character dynamics and interactions. It gives the creators a chance to flesh out a so-far pretty one-dimensional character into someone worthy of cheering on (or having any feelings at all for besides hate). Not that I will feel this way; I still dislike William. But there is hope that the chemistry between the main characters and wIlliam will evolve into something entertaining to watch. Jim and Sissi both were more deserving of the spot, but we'll have to wait and see if the creators rectify this mistake.

On a second William note, whoever said William is XANA first on here now has my full attention. Just imagine it - XANA has gained the trust of the gang without them knowing who he really is. He now has access whenever he wants to the factory's assets, and gets to have a human form on Lyoko. It's brilliant, and the possibilities for it blowing up in everyone's faces in so high. The show needs this type of plot twist at the end of the season as a hook for season 4 (besides the Franz Hopper plotline). William as an entity of evil, especailly after being elevated to such a high platform, would be a crowning moment of CL so far.

EDIT: Mewberries151 said something along these lines already in the Foreshadowing thread in CL Discussion. Sorry for the unintentional copying, Mew.

As for other snippets from the show:
- Grinning XANAmie creeped me out to no end. Who slipped him happy drugs?
- The whole episode (aside from the specific to season three parts like sector vanishing) felt rehashed and boring. As has been mentioned, Jeremie has been taken over by XANA three times now. It was just an old plot device to get action going this time around, and had no element of surprise or fun for me this time around.
- Jim keeps getting stupider and stupider. Could someone please remind him he has a brain I'd like to see a semi-useful Jimbo again.
- The ending was abrupt, as usual. I guess they'll make more of the pact wIlliam has made next episode. Until then...
Last edited by Stonecreek on Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Vora Lyoko » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:40 am

Wow...the party stared without me!

You guys are saying so much about William and it's occuring to me that maybe todays (LAST) episode will be William betraying or something. Because seeing what he's turned into I don't think anything GOOD is going to happen in todays episod-

OH MY GOODNESS. I've seen a couple of S4 descriptions and it says it will go deeper in...well everything. Maybe todays episode is REALLY the FINAL ROUND. And S4 is like another Prologue.

But then again that's just a theory. :D

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby LadyLucy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:47 am

wait...wasn't Friday's the last ep.?
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:48 am

Nah, number 13: Final Round, airing today (Monday 23) is the last ep. of the season.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Vora Lyoko » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:49 am

Nope! Today's is.

Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby LadyLucy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:51 am

;__; *cries* CURSE YOU MARCHING BAND!!!! I wanna skip again...but I love to march...wahhhhh....I hope they put it on YouTube...they better...
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vora Lyoko » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:39 am

LucyMcGonagle wrote:;__; *cries* CURSE YOU MARCHING BAND!!!! I wanna skip again...but I love to march...wahhhhh....I hope they put it on YouTube...they better...

I hope they do for your sake.

Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

PreviousNext