Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:30 am

Season 3 Episode 12: Double Trouble

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

I would do a funny set of polls, but my mind is in shock...I mean...WILLIAM! Also I feel it's better if people vote honestly on this already controversial episode, rather than have their votes swayed by silly options. Rock On Guys! :)

10/10
38%
9/10
22%
8/10
20%
7/10
7%
6/10
No votes
5/10
7%
4/10
4%
3/10
No votes
2/10
2%
1/10
No votes
0/10
No votes

Total votes : 45

Postby Carth » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:28 pm

Well, I was a bit late, but I'm gonna say it anyway-

Rise and shine, my lovelies! Today is the big day!

We have all asked-

-Will Jeremie's calculations succeed?
-Will the gang ever get into the Internet? What will they find besides cheap p*rn?
-Will William REALLY join Team Lyoko?
-Is William more than he seems?
-Will any couples actually come to be? Any...at all?
-Will Jim ever reveal anything about his past jobs?
-Will Lyoko ever be whole again?
-Will Sissi ever, well...DO anything?
-What, really, was Project Carthage?
-Who was Aelita's mother?
-Does Odd really have five sisters? Go sift through CL Discussion and find a thread called 'Odd's family' if this confuses you. Of course, I haven't seen the thread in a while, so it might not be true at all.
-And will that old lady ever get to play her Tiddlywinks?

Today, at 4:30 PM, in the Final Round...

ALL or at least some stuff WILL BE REVEALED!!!

...when's Season 4 coming?
Carth offline

Postby Haruno Sakura » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:52 pm

Insanity Hero wrote:So Willy is part of the Lyoko gang eh? Well that just makes my world come to a complete hault until further notice. Really I don't like the guy and as Yumi says "I just don't trust you." I don't trust the guy as far as I can throw him, and that isn't far.

I'd rather would have Sissi on the team then William. And that's saying a lot but also in season two she showed that she can be just as strong, and just as willing to put her life on the line. But this is me getting off topic, and still mad at the fact that Willy my boy is part of the gang.

To end it I think this is going to bite them in the butt hard.

I know exactly what you mean. When the team was talking about adding another Lyoko Warrior, (Fridays Ep) I said, "Sissy! w00t!"

Then... it HAD to be William. I hate him so much! I hope he like falls into the digital sea or something if he goes on Lyoko. *puts William hater shirt on*

PS: I'm sad that todays episode the last ep of this season. Hopefully season 4 is long.
I am Haruno Sakura.
Haruno Sakura offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Location: Mc Donalds! The ones who started it all... Hormone injected food baby!

Postby Vora Lyoko » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:00 pm

Xantard wrote:

...when's Season 4 coming?

Uh..March 17th.

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:10 pm

Stonecreek wrote:Ugh...where do I start? I guess with William. William joining the gang is interesting for character dynamics and interactions. It gives the creators a chance to flesh out a so-far pretty one-dimensional character into someone worthy of cheering on (or having any feelings at all for besides hate). Not that I will feel this way; I still dislike William. But there is hope that the chemistry between the main characters and wIlliam will evolve into something entertaining to watch. Jim and Sissi both were more deserving of the spot, but we'll have to wait and see if the creators rectify this mistake.

On a second William note, whoever said William is XANA first on here now has my full attention. Just imagine it - XANA has gained the trust of the gang without them knowing who he really is. He now has access whenever he wants to the factory's assets, and gets to have a human form on Lyoko. It's brilliant, and the possibilities for it blowing up in everyone's faces in so high. The show needs this type of plot twist at the end of the season as a hook for season 4 (besides the Franz Hopper plotline). William as an entity of evil, especailly after being elevated to such a high platform, would be a crowning moment of CL so far.

EDIT: Mewberries151 said something along these lines already in the Foreshadowing thread in CL Discussion. Sorry for the unintentional copying, Mew.

Heh...no worries! ^_^

Holy cow!!!!! *has just seen "Final Round" and is zipping around in circles*
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tom Bone » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:59 pm

I don't think they should've called an episode Double Trouble if the one right before it had almost the same title. They should've seperated the episodes by a few other ones.
Image BY JERFIED
My DA
~Spambot Hunter Society~
Tom Bone offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Location: Ruling my imaginary world with a skeleton and a 6-year-old by my side.

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:45 am

Member 641: Tom Bone wrote:I don't think they should've called an episode Double Trouble if the one right before it had almost the same title. They should've seperated the episodes by a few other ones.

Actually...this title's French title, "Surmenage", translates to "Overwork", which fits exceedingly well for the episode all things considered (since the gang is "overworked"). Why they translated it to "Double Trouble", and "Triple Trouble" (which is a direct translation) from "Three's an Odd Number"...the world may never know. XD
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Thu May 31, 2007 2:59 am

*bump* I watched this episode again... in spanish, but hey... there's a few things I'm gonna mention.

Now almost everyone right after watching this episode wanted William literally dead. Just watch the first minutes of this episode. Who suggested the team that William should join the team? Aelita. Sure that Yumi wasn't fond of William being a member of the team, but Aelita spoke his name first. Any suggestion that any member of Team Lyoko makes, it counts. And coming from a person like Aelita, do you think it could be questioned easily? No, the team mostly obeys blindly to almost anything related to Lyoko that comes out of the words of either Aelita or Jeremie.
Since the team tried to find a solution to fix Yumi's situation about getting kicked, Aelita suggested William based on the events where William saved the factory. But everyone blames William for agreeing with Yumi rather than calling Aelita a moron for suggesting the idea that most William haters despised. You guys flamed the wrong person. Oh, and the William haters are another subject I'd like to touch eventually.

Oh, and a better solution would have been making Yumi get a place to sleep at in the Kadic campus, even if her parents live in France. But neither the team or Mr. Delmas thought about it. W/e. It would help them in both ways: Yumi's closer to the group and would have less problems attending classes. I'm sure as hell aware that after a Lyoko mission Yumi gets tired as hell and then goes to sleep at late hours and wakes up late for school or decides to eb sick and ditch Kadic.

MakeYourself85 wrote:Some glitches I've noticed:
1) Jeremie being tossed by Xana-Jeremie and the way he falled (and the speed as well) should had made him died. The glitch here is that when he was tossed, there was no cable cord from the elevator, which is the only way you can explain that why Jeremie survived the fall. I debated this with Mewberries on Msn and if it wasn't for the elevator cable, then Jeremie would have easily died or broke his back, at least. Or do some weird flip in the air and reach the ladder before hitting bottom, which was kinda deep enough for Jeremie to survive the fall.
2) Okay... Odd and Yumi are bugged up... Odd doesn't get hurt by the Kankrelat's shots, but Yumi gets hit once before the Scyphozoa gets on Aelita and takes over her. What's up with that?

Point 1 is still one of the biggest bulls**t things to happen in Code Lyoko history as far as glitches are concerned. I can't believe a nerd like Jeremie survived the fall the way he was tossed.

As for point 2 goes... I'll add something to it. Odd and Yumi can't be hurt for some reason by the shotsof the Kankrelats. But while they're infected and Aelita's posessed, they just stay there and don't even bother to follow Aelita (a shot from the Kankrelat won't knock them, Odd at least wouldn't be knocked) until the real Jeremie fixes them back. They can't be shot and hurt... Yumi and Odd are in part guilty for the destruction of the Mountain sector.

A little problem I had with this episode was Yumi vs Xana-Aelita. Xana-Aelita walked through the tower (how else can the Mountain sector get deleted?)... but in other Code Lyoko episodes, I've seen the entire team (except Jeremy) inside a tower and even in one of the episodes, it involved Yumi staying there due to her losing a part of her DNA. Can't Yumi pass through the tower and stop Xana-Aelita from deleting the Mountain sector? After Aelita entered the tower, Yumi did jacks**t and stayed there and mentioned to Jeremie that the Mountain secotr is going to get destroyed. God, Yumi could easily pass through the tower and toss her fan against the pink-haired twit. Is it that tough to defeat Xana? Damn, these writers are really good in making Team Lyoko look like idiots.

Glitch 3: The scene where Ulrich and Aelita are taking an exam. Ulrich's mobile vibrates, but Aelita's mobile rings. And on top of that, Ulrich talks on the phone during the exam. I guess Ulrich's clever to pull that off... but is the teacher deaf enough to hear the brief ring from Aelita's mobile?

That said, I voted 8/10 on this. I really wish I could lower my vote to a 5-6/10 if possible. Not because of William joining the team, but the mistakes/glitches protrayed on this episode baffles me a lot.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Previous