Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:24 pm

S3 Episode 11: Triple Trouble

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Astro-Xana » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:40 pm

They mentioned in this episode that Odd's "Future Flash" ability was deleted when Jeremy updated the supercomputer. So I think he should have the ability to read minds on Lyoko which will prove very useful as he would be able to read Xana's mind and tell his friends what he's planning. This mind reading ability is a power related to the "Future Flash" because reading minds and seeing into the future are related powers.

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Writing_Addict » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:43 pm

Lyoko Freak wrote:
JxA Addict wrote:Ya hah...! *is still creeped out by LF's sig* Is that even inapporiate?

I give it a 8/10 actually.

Please give it a rest. You basically comment on it everywhere I post. It's just shaking... You're the one thinking weird rofl

Oh, and your asking if it's bad? :P
The answer is no XD

Hmm. :whatever:

Aside from my sudden strike of annoyance, I seriously thought Jeremy was going to quit after virtualizing three Odds.
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:44 pm

Briana wrote:They shoulda totes kept it as "3 is and Odd Number"Cause tomorrows episode is called "Double Trouble"

Agreed. :arg: Not only is it redundant, but "Three Is An Odd Number." was a much better title.

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:They mentioned in this episode that Odd's "Future Flash" ability was deleted when Jeremy updated the supercomputer.

Well, at least they explained it, but D*MN! Stupid move, Jeremie.
Last edited by Cassius335 on Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Writing_Addict » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:46 pm

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:They mentioned in this episode that Odd's "Future Flash" ability was deleted when Jeremy updated the supercomputer.

Yeah, I found that interesting also. I wonder if Xana has updated as well.
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:49 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
Briana wrote:They shoulda totes kept it as "3 is and Odd Number"Cause tomorrows episode is called "Double Trouble"

Agreed. :arg:

Well, at least they explained it, but DAMN! Stupid move, Jeremie.

First, they've probably changed that title. If not...lazy move on their part.

Second, yes, and thank you SO much for explaining it as soon as it happened, Jeremie.

As said before, I loved the Odd angst. I don't know why.
Carth offline

Postby Writing_Addict » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:55 pm

Xantard wrote:
As said before, I loved the Odd angst. I don't know why.

Based for your attire you love him.
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:01 pm

I have my spontaneous obsessions. Last summer it was Jeremie.

*cough* Anyway...

Fairly okay episode.

WHAZZONTOMORROW.
Carth offline

Postby X.A.N.A » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:59 pm

Nice filler episode. I give it a 7/10.

I'm not surprised Odd chose not to keep the teleportation. Other then Aelita, I don't see the creators giving anyone any more weapons or ablities then they've had for a while.
X.A.N.A offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby FormicaArchonis » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:18 pm

Cassius335 wrote:

Well, at least they explained it, but DAMN! Stupid move, Jeremie.

Well, he's good for those.:)

JxA Addict wrote:

Sure he has! Take a look....
FormicaArchonis offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: A basement. Your basement, my basement, I don't know. But I'm sure it's a basement.

Postby LadyLucy » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:45 pm

FormicaArchonis wrote:Sure he has! Take a look....

:*D OMG, that's awesome!! Where'd you get that?
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:52 pm

LucyMcGonagle wrote:

I'm in agreement with Lucy - most awesome Formica! :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:12 pm

FormicaArchonis wrote:
JxA Addict wrote:

Sure he has! Take a look....

And I'll third it!
Last edited by Cassius335 on Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby FormicaArchonis » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:14 pm

LucyMcGonagle wrote:

Made it. Grabbed a screenshot of Windows update from online, pasted new text in with MS Paint. Didn't even have to break out Corel Photo-Paint, which I do heavier-duty work in.

TB3 wrote:I'm in agreement with Lucy - most awesome Formica! :)

Thank you very much, all of you.:)
Last edited by FormicaArchonis on Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FormicaArchonis offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: A basement. Your basement, my basement, I don't know. But I'm sure it's a basement.

Postby animenologist » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:29 pm

Before I forget, who was the first one who stated cloning was theoretically possible in LTT? :D Sure it was unstable and incomplete, but the principle is there and now we have evidence and a documented case.

Though I was kinda hoping that Odd would of kept teleportation, because its an awesome power, one that had battlefield utility compared to his foresight, and one of my favorite superpowers next to flying and metamorphisis. Oh well, guess we'll just have to let Odd be the most skill dependent Lyoko warrior, the mantle he's meant to carry.

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes.

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes."
-- Buckminster Fuller
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TB3 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:37 pm

Well said animenologist :D

Regarding LTT - I don't remember who said it at the time, but I know Chupathingy and I had a Skype conversation on the subject a while ago, theorising that perfect cloning would be possible, and that the scanners could be used to recombine them :)

Hmm, so now Franz has outdone the Human Cloning Project as well as the Human Genome Project - how many Nobel Prizes does he deserve!?
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:40 pm

Very nice episode. Kinda weird, but not all that special. Still, the acting was done well, and this was one of XANA's more unique attacks.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Blueyedblonde » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:45 pm

I actually thought this ep was a little boring. =/

But it made me laugh... =D

Explained why Odd dosn't have his future seeing ability anymore... And erm... That Odd likes to read magazines before buying them. xD
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby FormicaArchonis » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:10 pm

animenologist wrote:Before I forget, who was the first one who stated cloning was theoretically possible in LTT? :D

No idea, but I do remember mentioning cloning as a suggestion to someone for a fanfic months back. Odd was the one copied that time, too.... (Probably because he's the only one who would really run amok!)
FormicaArchonis offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Xanadu » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:28 pm

My first reaction to this episode was NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Now there's no chance we'll ever see Odd's future flash ablity again! Grr....I think I'll start a petition! ....or something.

I swear I couldn't concentrate all day after I saw this, all I could think about was Odd's now complete lack of future flash. You should have seen me at work...actually you shouldn't have. I work at a haunted house. My face was painted green.

Anyway, I'm going to start a sig petition/club about this. Look out for it. :D
OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE BRING BACK ODD'S FUTURE FLASH CLUB
Xanadu offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:14 am

It made me giggle for a while, good job. XD

As for Odd's future flash, I don't really miss it, sure LTT explained it, but it was sorta taxing the limits of what I'd belive, so I don't count against them for removing it.

Seriously, he should have kept telport though...
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby animenologist » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:47 am

Well the closest I could find about someone making a reference to materializing a clone would be this post I made on Jan 8th, 2006, although there are parallels, the situation compared to this one, is slightly different.

1. I can guess the situation would be very similar to Just in Time. In that case, something biological, but not alive in a concious sorta sense was scanned and possibly virtualized (Aelita's hair). In that case, the scanner used it to recreate Aelita's formatted computer code and create a fully made Aelita. If that episode is any indication, theoretically, you could create a virtual clone of a dead person and materialize it into a real person.

For one thing, in the episode, the clone was of a live person (triplicated yes, but still, the specimen was alive). In my theory, I stated that you could replicate a dead person. Though really, they could of just copied their synaptic patterns and copied it 3 times during de-virtualization. So if the computer had record of the person's mind, I think the idea has potential. Possible to bring a person back from death, by placing their recorded mind back in a reconstructed body, like the Venture Brothers.

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes.

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes."
-- Buckminster Fuller
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:03 am

:rofl: Brilliant.

Anyways... it was somehow amusing to see three Odd clones around there... sure that would be a trip field for Odd fans around the world, but come on, you gotta admit that the third Odd got a very horrible scene with Rosa the cook. I almost stopped watching the episode because of that scene. It was just embarrasing enough to watch. That's a perfect reason why this episode wouldn't deserve a 10/10 classification.

Odd got some emo side... nice to think about that. Marriage proposal to Jeremie for Teleportation... haha. Although, Teleportation would be nice for Odd if the bugs could have got fixed. Or walking through walls, but I can see that getting screwed up.

Catch a Della Robbia by the toe... lol.

And although I've thought of Odd as a dumb person, it's pretty hard to control 3 wacky persons, but if Kadic authorities got more serious with their students, Odd's time on Kadic is borrowed. Same for Ulrich. I'd like to see an angle where one of them studies at another school, it could open up for a new storyline.

But you gotta give the Odds kudos for finding a way to save the petrified Odd. I seriously thought he wasn't even gonna reach the tree, but you're dealing with a 7-years-old cartoon show, so let Odd reach the tree. I don't think Odd could really reached that tree. Although, his stunt was like Sabu: suicidal, genocidal, homicidal, death-defying... and that's not the only WWE reference for Odd. By the end of the episode, he dubbed himself as "one of a kind". After saying that, he could have raised his thumbs and go like RVD. Lol... I'd rather not talk about it.

Scenes in Lyoko... Megatanks sucked.

The Ulrich move against a block when he jumps with a flying kick and stabbed the block and jumps was repeated again in this same season! And there was soem scene in the real world that looked pretty much like Routine.

Although, the petrified Odd got some little bumps on the way to the factory. And by those little bumps maybe some tiny, tiny particles from the statue should have separated from the whole petrified Odd. I think the fusion process should have gone slightly screwed up somehow. I might have to check this again.

It's not a perfect episode, but it's good, anyways.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Stonecreek » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:25 am

I missed Odd angst? And Odd cloning? And a new power? Rats. I missed them for a good reason, though - I had a job interview. From the sounds of the discussion so far, I'll never be able to finish my fic Multi-faceted (found here) because it's sorta similar to what happened in this episode. Was there anything elsethat I missed worth mentioning?

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Writing_Addict » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:26 am

Stonecreek wrote:I missed Odd angst? And Odd cloning? And a new power? Rats. I missed them for a good reason, though - I had a job interview. From the sounds of the discussion so far, I'll never be able to finish my fic Multi-faceted (found here) because it's sorta similar to what happened in this episode. Was there anything elsethat I missed worth mentioning?

Odd and Odd and Odd fighting doesn't mix well? *meows* :3
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:34 am

Just for the record...

Previously, the episode was rumored as: Three is an Odd Number
Officially for the English version: Triple Trouble

And TB3 hasn't made his poll yet. I've got some suggestions for poll ranks:
-Triple Odd > xXx (or inverse for bad vote)
-Triple Odd > Triple H (or inverse for bad vote)
-Three Odds sucked. (negative)
-Triple threat for Code Lyoko's future in the tv. (negative)
-Three times the greatness (positive).
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

PreviousNext