Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 pm

Satellite

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

When you hear the word Satellite, the first thing in mind is...

Duh, the image of a satellite.
11%
The CL episode called Satellite.
44%
P.O.D.
No votes
Communication.
33%
Satellite Television
No votes
Something else (please specify).
11%

Total votes : 9

Satellite

Postby MY85 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:32 pm

Protesting for their mobiles... Jim getting electrocuted... if it wasn't for deactivating the tower, Yumi would have died with the beam from the military satellite Xana posessed in pretty much a matter of nanoseconds.

"No more phones, no more school!"

Remember more from this? Discuss!
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby LadyLucy » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:53 pm

hehhe... :*D oh that brings back memories...*marches around w/ sign* "No more phones, no more school!!! Free Yumi!"
I love that one...
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:08 am

This thread only has two posts? No one loves this episode~ I'm not sure if I recall that I liked it...some bits I did, some bits I didn't. I do remember it was...the third episode I ever saw, and the first to really draw me in. It's also home to the most ridiculous save in CL history. We are a go.

Whoops, ignored the theme song, forgot to make a comment.

Is this the first episode that started with a run through Lyoko? Okay, that tower was deffo white when we came up to it. Now it's a reused scene from End of Take...

Mrs. Hertz's voice also needs to find its niche. And how many times have we used that shot of her face?

And phones go beeeeeeeeep. Why would they ANSWER them in class? Why not just try desperately to turn them off? Or better yet, leave them on vibrate? And why are the eighth graders taking this class with the sixth graders? (If I've got my grades right...)

So really it's because of their own idiocy that them mobiles (hee...europeans) go bye-bye. Wait, did I just hear a girl whine "mine wasn't on"? Okay, so maybe this is XANA's doing, turning them on and setting the ringers on high...

I think this is the first time they've suspected a XANA attack in the first three minutes.

It's painfully obvious that Yumi and Sissi would like nothing more than to claw each others' faces off. Still sounds like Flowers.

Forest sector forest sector. Is it just me, or was Aelita's voice pitched up a bit? It was a lot...I don't know...deeper-ish earlier. She actually sounds...human now, giving greetings and all. I wonder if this is acquired.

I'm VERY surprised that Yumi's morally objecting to stealing back a phone. I mean what now. Or did she just want to settle something with Sissi?

Teachas! JPD is srs bizns. Jim go nom nom. Why the focus on soup?

I love this scene. I don't know why. LOCKPICKING. Ulrich is the best lookout ever. Sir, thank you for using your feet to pick up your lost pen. You may have saved the world.

Odd's smile fills me with happy. But you'd think he'd be more careful with his friends' souls. Wait, Kiwi was sniffing at Odd's phone, and then when he took it away, he barked...huh? Also, Odd's phone is white as opposed to the others, which are black. Pimpin. And look at how old the phones are! Antennae, green screens? Ladies and gentlemen, 2003.

This scene is even more "whut". Why just an eye on their phones? Some sort of transmission residue, I guess.

"Why would XANA be interested in mobile phones?" Hey, tech in your pocket.

"Eh?" Don't worry, Jim, it's just hero nubs.

Jeremie, you'd think if Jim's whole body was ALIGHT WITH ELECTRICITY, he's past just being careful. Lucky the hero nubs were there to save him.

Careful, Jeremie, don't fall off the roof. Yumi's psychic powers aren't here to save you...ever.

"He smells like roast chicken." I love you, Odd. Hey, it's <s>Yolande</s> Dorothy!

Squiggly lines! The main television antenna...

Again, claw each others' faces off. Sissi, love, the point of a petition is to make yourself heard. It doesn't mean they're going to do anything. They already know what you want.

"The students do not make the rules". This reminds me of that BKO convo about student rights...and Odd, it would've done you good to re-lock it.

LOL, and Jeremie photobombs the scene. XANA time.

I think JPD's reconsidering parenting. And I think both of them are considering locking themselves in such a small area with so many kids as a job.

Wait, TV antenna means= access to ALL satellites? Including the lazer satellites? You'd think they'd make restrictions on that. "In peacetime"...I don't remember, is France involved in Iraq/was it involved then? Or does it just mean peace in the country landwise? Again. Polar Region.

Why's Kiwi so eager to get out?

LOL @ Sissi just sort of bossing everyone around. She must be having the time of her life. But how does she know a big word like "solidarity"?

Aww, he just wanted to follow Odd. Kiwi...I'm not sure I love you. You're more comical than cute.

The animators must've had a time photoshopping Kiwi into these scenes. LOL @ Kiwi hitching a ride on Jeremie's scooter. That must be terrible for his balance. (Kiwi can climb ladders?)

Ice flow? That's one I haven't heard. Scanner transfer virtualization. I kinda wonder how long Lyoko missions take. I guess it takes them a while to run there.

...THIS SYMBOL. Isn't that...*goes to check S2 end credits* Yes, yes! The Project Carthage symbol is the same sort of stylized bird, but this has the French flag in the background, while that background is just purple. So if this is some sort of French military symbol in their universe, PC is...dohoho...

A highly destructive laser? Science fiction, no? (Right? We don't have lazers over Earth controlled by the French, do we?)

Pup is useful! (Very useful. That's one obedient dog.)

Nice going, Sissi, biting into that parental...parental ness by calling your father a dictator. Doesn't faze him.

Waspsters.

POISON! I was kind of impressed with how it was dripping.

Being sensible is just not sensible, Mr. Delmas. If William Dunbar wasn't off not existing, he wouldn't hesitate to tell you that. Also, I think you need a good, strong drink.

Yep, leave the distraction to the bub with the weapon limits.

"He's nuts. *pause* Okay, let's go." ULRICH, I LOVE YOU.

Is that water the Digital Sea? I can't tell...

Yumi, you're creative, but that's a *tad* melodramatic.

Europe. FRANCE. SEE, SEE, IT'S IN FRANCE. Despite their signs being in English and all. And let's get even more nitpicky- the laser appears locked on the ÃŽle-de-France region, which fundamentally means Paris and the surrounding area.

Yumi, stop touching Paul Gaulliard.

And Ulrich, hasn't XANA sprung invisible towers on you before?

Waspsters.

Somewhere? Quick, down an ice tunnel..? Or is it that one that's behind a waterfall? I hear water...yeah, it's the waterfall.

Mother of God, that thing really is accurate! And cool looking! I mean, it can detect body heat from that high up?

Wait a minute. Not only do they escape the beam in the nick of time, they do it MULTIPLE TIMES.

Aelita, HE'S OKAY. Don't run to check on him! But yay you found the tower. Time to end this.

Inches from her face. Well, it's possible, I'll give it that.

"Invitations to a party?" Not until Five, Sissi.

You see, kids? Being a dork will always do you good in the end. And in closing-

"You're so brave, Sissi."

PROS-
- Ingenious XANA attack
- FRANCE
- Kiwi was actually endearing and useful
- Engaging plot that sustained itself, mostly
- Good Lyoko action
- Waspsters.

CONS-
- The cellphone protest was a tad weak
- Lots of coincidences

Overall, a lot better than I thought it would be. The series has found its feet now, I think. Next up, Girl of The Dreams, the episode which launched a thousand fan theories and aggravated a thousand grammar Nazis.
Carth offline

Postby SilverPrince » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:14 pm

Carth wrote:This thread only has two posts? No one loves this episode~

I do! It's one of my favorites. I'm not exactly sure why. I could review it, but it would be redundant at this point.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:19 pm

No! If you want to please do it. I'm kinda disappointed that everyone's all like "I wanna do it but you did it already". Like I said, I wanted to encourage others to watch it D:

And I was just saying that cause there were so few posts. I rather like it too...I had to have liked it, cause it drew me into the show.
Carth offline

Postby oddlauren » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:47 pm

It's not one of my favorites, but it is good. I agree, the cell phone part was weak. Seriously? why would you answer your phone in class? My phone rang in one of my high-school classes, but I reached and turned it off.
oddlauren offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid