Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:55 pm

S3 Episode 7: The Secret

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Well...

Code Lyoko for life! 10/10
32%
One of the best episodes out there, pretty awesome. 9/10
19%
Great episode. 8/10
16%
Still enjoyable, it was good after all. 7/10
22%
I could use the bathroom for some parts of this episode and still like it. 6/10
No votes
A 50-50 episode, really. Half of ir rocked, half of it sucked. 5/10
5%
Not that good, really. 4/10
No votes
*clings to other CL episodes* 3/10
5%
As lame as Herve can be. 2/10
No votes
I'd rather not talk about it, really. 1/10
No votes
Turn off the tv, not worthy of watching it at all. 0/10
No votes

Total votes : 37

Postby LadyLucy » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:25 pm

Same here. I mean, sometimes, Yumi doesn't always act correctly (like the 'just friends' thing with Ulrich...), but she sure as anything can see the trust worthy-ness of a person. Remeber how in Ghost Channel (season 1, remeber?) she was the first to realize that the fake Jeremie was X.A.N.A. in disguise? You can't hide anything from that girl... And obvously, William doesn't know how to hide anything....
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby animenologist » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:06 am

Finally got around to seeing the episode on tape, greatness all around. And I agree that William shouldn't be a part of the group, both out of logic and out of bias.

Personally, I wouldn't have liked the idea of William being part of the group especially when characters with more seniority have already been lining up for the spot since Season 1. Jim has proved himself useful at the end of Code: Earth and False Start when he helped Jeremie get to the factory (albeit due to problems caused by Jim) and saved several students on Earth from the Kankrelats, showing himself as useful as William was in this episode. Sissi shown her mettle as well in Ultimatum where she saved Ulrich and got Aelita and Jeremie out of trouble with the police. She also shown herself a some-what capable fighter since she has been taking Pencak Silat lessons. And unlike William, she has a general interest in being with the group, unlike William whose greatest interest is to be with Yumi, as shown in the difference in reaction between her and William seen in Ultimatum and Attack of the Zombies. The only reason why he decided to follow them in the first place was to figure out something to get him closer to Yumi. And last, if William did managed to get in, he would have been to Lyoko and have his own visible Lyoko form before Jeremie, and Jeremie being a Lyoko warrior with the rest of the team has been long overdue even if its in a pre-Season 3 Aelita-like position. Giving a secondary main character his own Lyoko form before a main character would be a major downer in a lot of ways.

As for in-show reasons as to why he shouldn't have been part of the gang, even though half the reasons above could be considered in-show reasons, is that he has shown to be pretty untrustful or capable of holding a grudge when things don't go his way. Example, things don't go well with Yumi, he follows the gang knowing their connection to her to dig up their secret and use it against her. The first thing he said when they say he will not remember what happens to paraphrase, "I don't forget and I can hold a grudge." First thing he says when he finds he has been voted against, "You guys are a bunch of losers", even though it was only one person who voted against her. Atleast Sissi took the idea of forgetting and not being with them much easier than William. And of course there was his actions prior to returning to the factory once. Blurting out XANA's Attacking in public was both sneaky and potentially detrimental action, especially if someone has heard of XANA before, like Sissi would have or Herve and Nicholas, or even anyone who heard it in passing and had great curiosity. And if being useful for this one situation, due to specialized knowledge or skills, anytime anyone else has helped them due to their area of expertise should of been given a chance at voting. Sissi for example should of been a prime candidate, especially in light of recent situations where, except for Odd, she has been relatively civil towards the gang. Her persuasive abilities over her father or any situation dealing with her father, which they run into more often than they do a person with explosives. Examples where they interacted with the principal (including and excluding Sissi): Seeing is Believing, Holiday in the Fog, End of Take, Satellite, The Girl of the Dreams, Frontier, Ghost Channel, Code: Earth, Exploration, St. Valentine's Day, Missing Link, Ultimatum, Tip-Top Shape, and Contact. And thats just Season 1 and 2. Having her on their side would have greatly assisted them in multiple instances, unlike a surprisingly convenient expertise in demoltions. She also knows first aid, as shown by the way she made a tourniquet in The Trap. So if they can't give Sissi another chance with the gang, don't see how William, whose reaction to them has been a bit lackluster for the most part, should get one as well.

William aside, incredibly tense episode, both on Lyoko and outside. Kudos to Yumi for being the first one to stop a sector deletion, though in Odd's defense, he still had an activated tower to worry about. Even though, I ultimately disagree with William's induction, his actions were up there with Jim in False Start, Sissi in Ultimatum, Herve in The Robots, and maybe Johnny in The Pretender. Its always awesome when a secondary character gets to shine. And Kankrelat shenanigans are always fun as well, best monster to play up for humor value.

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes.

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes."
-- Buckminster Fuller
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby . » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:07 am

bleh Yumi's just gone into an uber *censore*-mode. Turned down Ulrich, now turn down your only friend in your grade?

Seriously, no wonder she had no friends.

Really while William was pretty pyscho in this ep, he did the right thing right? he helped out right? He could of let them die or let the building blow up but he disarmed the bomb. HE DISARMED A FREAKING BOMB! Had he screwed up that would of been the end of them.

Can't be trusted? Psssh. More like Yumi just didn't wanna bother.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby animenologist » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:44 am

Let's be friends is not exactly turning Ulrich down now, is it? So Yumi should of just accepted William's offer of being his girlfriend and kissed him? Atleast Ulrich took the hint in greater stride than William (granted, he still acted idiotic).

And Sissi managed to get Jeremie and Aelita out of time in juvie and defended Ulrich against a possessed principal. Had she failed, Aelita and Jeremie would have been questioned and possibly arrested, and with neither of them to virtualize either of them, Ulrich, Yumi, and Odd would of been dead meat. Or without Herve's help in The Robots, Yumi, Ulrich, and anyone who got in the way would be pasted under an android's fist. And I would think taking down a robot would be a much greater accomplishment than deactivating explosives, especially demolitions equipment which should of had a failsafe switch shouldn't it, but I'm not sure.

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes.

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes."
-- Buckminster Fuller
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:11 am

Knowing XANA, the failsafe switch 'accidentially' got left behind.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vora Lyoko » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:11 pm

Knowing Xana he left a couple things behind.

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby . » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:48 pm

animenologist wrote:Let's be friends is not exactly turning Ulrich down now, is it? So Yumi should of just accepted William's offer of being his girlfriend and kissed him? Atleast Ulrich took the hint in greater stride than William (granted, he still acted idiotic).

And Sissi managed to get Jeremie and Aelita out of time in juvie and defended Ulrich against a possessed principal. Had she failed, Aelita and Jeremie would have been questioned and possibly arrested, and with neither of them to virtualize either of them, Ulrich, Yumi, and Odd would of been dead meat. Or without Herve's help in The Robots, Yumi, Ulrich, and anyone who got in the way would be pasted under an android's fist. And I would think taking down a robot would be a much greater accomplishment than deactivating explosives, especially demolitions equipment which should of had a failsafe switch shouldn't it, but I'm not sure.

In Will's defense, he didn't even get the "lets just be friends" treatment. She just out right started being a jerk to the poor guy.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vora Lyoko » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:03 pm

ThePepsiPiper wrote:She just out right started being a jerk to the poor guy.

Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Bah, since you love William we can't change your point of view.

Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:58 pm

Awww, I missed this one! ;__;
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:24 pm

Vora wrote:
ThePepsiPiper wrote:She just out right started being a jerk to the poor guy.

Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Bah, since you love William we can't change your point of view.

Heh, my thoughts exactly.

Demanding that a girl kiss him before she's allowed to leave is definitely not going to win him any prizes in my book.

And Animenologist totally summed my thoughts up too about the "Just friends" thing.

But...you're a William fan...soo... ^^

Stonecreek wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:
Vora wrote:
DayDreamer23182 wrote: I hope he joins the gang eventually.

I don't...

Ha...and we have another movie spoof XANA attack (seriously, did he hit YouTube or something?)...this time, Mission Impossible! (X At least they didn't do the "Red wire, blue wire" thing. ^^

Actually, I was thinking William more reminded me of MacGuyver (or whoever that 80s guy was).

XD I so totally agree! I'd have made that reference (particularly with the whole "belt" thing)...but I didn't think anyone would get it... *highfives* Huzzah! :D

Jinnai wrote:
And what he said to her afterwards in front of the school was equally horrible.

I told you earlier that I got Jet from Avatar vibes from William, but in this particular scene ("Nobody's ever humiliated me like that!") I got Gaston from Beauty and the Beast vibes. :*D

YESSSS!!!! :D *highfives* (And that movie's set in France...it's perfect! I call spoofing rights! *wink* )

And if that's where this is leading...I am so voting for an epic battle! *giggles* Er...although maybe minus the whole "stabbing" thing (and perhaps the "falling off the roof thing" ^^ )...that'd be kind of bad for Ulrich's health. *sweatdrop*
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Vora Lyoko » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:53 am

Mewberries151 wrote:And if that's where this is leading...I am so voting for an epic battle! *giggles* Er...although maybe minus the whole "stabbing" thing (and perhaps the "falling off the roof thing" ^^ )...that'd be kind of bad for Ulrich's health. *sweatdrop*

And it'd be kind of bad for Yumi's mental health. I cannot imagine Yumi if that ever happened. (I can't imagine myself.)

Plus if William lives Yumi's going to do more than yell at him. *shudders*

Ok yeah....um....lets go another path!

Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:19 pm

Vora wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:And if that's where this is leading...I am so voting for an epic battle! *giggles* Er...although maybe minus the whole "stabbing" thing (and perhaps the "falling off the roof thing" ^^ )...that'd be kind of bad for Ulrich's health. *sweatdrop*

And it'd be kind of bad for Yumi's mental health. I cannot imagine Yumi if that ever happened. (I can't imagine myself.)

Plus if William lives Yumi's going to do more than yell at him. *shudders*

Ok yeah....um....lets go another path!

XD Provided there was no last minute RTTP or something...yeah. ^^;
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby . » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:48 pm

BEHOLD~! The first Code: Lyoko Tribute to a minor throw away character!

My tribute to "The Mario Guy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWtDKE8AHgM
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Writing_Addict » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:54 pm

Interesting?
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Previous