Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

S3 Episode 7: The Secret

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Well...

Code Lyoko for life! 10/10
32%
One of the best episodes out there, pretty awesome. 9/10
19%
Great episode. 8/10
16%
Still enjoyable, it was good after all. 7/10
22%
I could use the bathroom for some parts of this episode and still like it. 6/10
No votes
A 50-50 episode, really. Half of ir rocked, half of it sucked. 5/10
5%
Not that good, really. 4/10
No votes
*clings to other CL episodes* 3/10
5%
As lame as Herve can be. 2/10
No votes
I'd rather not talk about it, really. 1/10
No votes
Turn off the tv, not worthy of watching it at all. 0/10
No votes

Total votes : 37

Postby Vora Lyoko » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:33 pm

Sithking Zero wrote:Not to mention he's a presumptuous (BKO).

I can't help but agree with that Sith. (I quote too much)

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:37 pm

Vora wrote:
DayDreamer23182 wrote: I hope he joins the gang eventually.

I don't...

I don't either. Praise Yumi for making a very good decision.

I can't even feel sorry for William. He's a jerk, and kind of scuzzy. Demanding a kiss before allowing Yumi to leave (when it's clear it's an emergency)? That's disgusting (and that's only one level below nearing "assault" really). And what he said to her afterwards in front of the school was equally horrible. I honestly do not like him at all at this point, and I am so glad they didn't let him in the group (again, thank you, Yumi).

The rest of the group didn't see the way he treated her (if they had, I'm sure there'd have been at least a couple other "no"s. They only saw his "helpful" side (and even then, he was pretty jerky about it). William has to learn to respect people's opinions and feelings (and find a few manners), especially if he wants to be part of a team. Otherwise, he'll hurt the group as a whole.

And I don't get the vibe that he can be trusted either. Clearly he has no sense of tact, seeing as how when he got to the pool, he started shouting about XANA and Lyoko, and honestly...I just don't think he can be trusted period. He's not a very nice person, and his good points don't really out-weigh his bad ones. Plus, the way he treats Yumi seriously peeved me off.

I'm really kind of relieved they didn't let him in. (And this is not a Y/U thing for me...this is a character/personality thing. He really really annoys me...)

Heh...all that aside though, huzzah for the Ice Sector's salvation!!! :D

And Yumi rocked again (that's twice in the same episode)! Wooo! ^.^

Jeremie and Aelita need to go into teaching...seriously. Classes would only last 30 minutes at most. That report was brilliant! (And Jeremie's skills at fibbing have improved as well ^^).

Kankrelats for the World!!! They need their own show...or something. It could be called the Kankrelat show, and it'd just be them, being their silly, awesome selves, and their point of view on Lyoko battles. ("Oh noes! Not the pink orbs of doomy doom! It burns us! It burns!") :*D

Ahem...er, back to the actual episode. ^^; Was anyone rather disturbed by Jim's...uh...synchronized swimming? O_o Yumi's comment about that was hilarious. X)

Ha...and we have another movie spoof XANA attack (seriously, did he hit YouTube or something?)...this time, Mission Impossible! (X At least they didn't do the "Red wire, blue wire" thing. ^^

Ulrich wears a belt? ... *snickers*

Vora wrote:
Sithking Zero wrote:Not to mention he's a presumptuous (BKO).

I can't help but agree with that Sith. (I quote too much)

Agreed. He's a doo-doo head, is what he is.

XD
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:40 pm

Vora wrote:YES ICE SECTOR NOT GONE!!!!!

Thank **** for that.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:00 pm

Hmm, I'm with Mew in that William behaved like a jerk for most of the ep, though he DID save the fctory, that said I still pity the guy because of the ending - there's such a sense of lonliness about him as he walked into the scanners.

And yes, KRANKRELATS FOR THE WORLD! :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:06 pm

TB3 wrote:Hmm, I'm with Mew in that William behaved like a jerk for most of the ep, though he DID save the fctory, that said I still pity the guy because of the ending - there's such a sense of lonliness about him as he walked into the scanners.

I don't know...I got this terrible sense of vindictiveness really. And he did say previously, "I never forget things and I can really hold a grudge,". ...That worries me... O.o

TB3 wrote:And yes, KRANKRELATS FOR THE WORLD! :)

Boo-Yah!!! :D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sithking Zero » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:09 pm

Yes... Kankrelots are the funniest monsters. Though Odd had a point: In the first and second seasons, they were fast, but not faster then the vehicles. How'd they get so fast?
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:13 pm

waaaaa...I wanna know what happened...does anybody know if it's on Youtube yet?
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SnIp3r_WoLf » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:17 pm

No, not yet. I've been looking for it.

SnIp3r_WoLf offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Lani » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:24 pm

Silly soccer practice, I missed it! Dx Good thing I taped it, though. I'll be watching it shortly then I'm gonna put my opinion here.

But looking at everyone's comments, WILLIAM?! Dude, seriously.
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tekirai » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:13 pm

I missed the first minute or so. It started where Yumi was in the scanner room and then Ulrich appeared in his.

WILLIAM YOU STALKER >O

Goshiwishicouldgothroughahistorypresentationthatfast.

Jim + synchronized swimming = GIDWOJSFNNS *drowns*

THE KANKRELATS IN THIS EPISODE WERE THE BOMB. (pun unintended) Especially when they were whizzing through the tunnel and clinging to Ulrich's bike. x3

I thought the guy with the explosives was a MAILMAN at first. xDDD I was like 'wtf is a mailman doing at the- OHHH XANA'. Yep, just go ignore the bomb emblem on his shirt, Tekirai.

Ulrich wears a belt? o.O Dunno how to react to that... xD;;

I NEVER thought a bomb with have to be detonated in CL. EVER. It was a fantasy. xP But lookie here.

All in all, GOOO YUMI~! This is a great day for a lot of U/Y fans. Not for me though, I'm off to bed now. xD
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:22 pm

Sithking Zero wrote:Yes... Kankrelots are the funniest monsters. Though Odd had a point: In the first and second seasons, they were fast, but not faster then the vehicles. How'd they get so fast?

DANG RIGHT!

In mind, there has to be an episode where Odd takes one back somehow as a pet.

---

Odd: Hey! Lookit what I got!
Jeremie: ODD, THAT'S A KANKRELAT!
Odd: But it's so CUUUTE...
Kankrelat: *squeak*
Carth offline

Postby Lani » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:28 pm

So I just watched it!

Yeah, William was pretty much a loser, but I mean he saved the factory, which was cool. But he's starting to harass Yumi, and that's not cool. And usually negatives weigh out the positives, and that's a big one.

KANKRELAT 8D

And I really don't want William to join the team, no offense. I still root for Sissi, mostly cause she seems to have developed the most and did a great job in Ultimatum, and she's NOT harassing Yumi.

Ohhh, that history report. xD If I ever become a history teacher, I'm going to show that little clip, and say, "GETREADYTOTAKENOTESGO."

Nyaha.
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby X.A.N.A » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:58 pm

*waves I'm back :D*

Missed "Raz De Maree (Tidal Wave)" and "The Pretender", but read what happened.

Glad I saw this ep, I've always wanted to see William join the team(he came soooo close). I think once he got the hang of how to go about things we wouldn't see him blirting out "XANA!". Also if he spent more time with the group I think he'd act differently and less of a 'jerk' as some see him.

But looks like it will be Odd, Jeremie, Yumi, Ulrich and Aelita for the time being. I still hope to see another person on Lyoko, be it Jeremie or maaaaaaaaaaye William.

Glad CL is back on, there was a real lack of anything good on.
Last edited by X.A.N.A on Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
X.A.N.A offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby SnIp3r_WoLf » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:15 pm

X.A.N.A wrote:But looks like it will be Odd, Jeremy, Yumi and Aelita for the time being.

What about Ulrich?

Anyway, yeah the episode was great. But I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said. But the Kankrelats were awesome! :D

SnIp3r_WoLf offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby X.A.N.A » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:46 pm

Oh forgot to bring this up in my reply.

When did William totally unlearn and be good at swimming? :rofl:

We saw he was pretty good at it in the 2nd season......... what gives?
X.A.N.A offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Taelia » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:52 pm

Jim was mean to William. :no: Uh-uh-uh! And he kept yelling at him. David did a good job though, playing two males at once. David, if you're reading this, I commend thee for thine performance! :D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby UltimaHedgie » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:15 pm

Thanks, but I... uh, didn't do it. </sarcasm>

Heh, sorry, I just had to do that. That's my name, also. :P

Anyway, back to my point--I really do agree with Yumi's decision. She was the only one who saw the other side of William in the episode. Yumi didn't tell anyone else how it was going, so they didn't see that--they only saw the hero he was right at the end.

However, we (and more importantly, Yumi) knew that he had been stalking her, he blurted out 'XANA' right in front of the entire class (including Jim), and was being a general jerk--right up until the end. And, of course, Yumi was the only one who saw that side of William in this episode.

Truly, it was a good thing for her to do. I agree with her final statement. "I'm sorry, William, but I don't think you can be trusted." That statement wasn't a selfish statement. It was based on a variety of bad factors, before his sole good factor at the end (saving the factory and everyone inside).

I think she realized that good aspect in him, but she felt that he could not be fully trusted--so she voted "no," ending the whole thing (and, of course, everyone except Ulrich and Yumi were under the assumption that Ulrich voted William out).
UltimaHedgie offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:28 pm

Did you not see how mean Jim was? He's getting worse than Season 2! *hmph!* :arg:
Last edited by Taelia on Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyokofreak » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:30 pm

I actually give this an 8/10. I really liked this episode. The pick up and drop off role of William is pitiful, but he served a good purpose. I do feel a bit sorry for the guy, but he should have been a bit smoother on Yumi. I agree, he should not be on the team, but be an occasional help. I am HAPPY the Ice sector is okay. I was seriously going to cry ;__; . What left me confused is Aelita. She was possessed by Xana and when she was devirtualized, she was back to normal. I'm assuming she will be back under Xana's control once she re-enters lyoko. Unless the Schypazoa memory implant has some sort of time limit, that should be what happens next. HUUUURAY FOR THE ICE SECTOR! DANCE EVERYONE!

edit: Yeah, Jim is starting to be more of a pain that a gain this season, but I dont want to speak TOO early.
How to write an infinite Jesus pwns loop in PHP:
while($_SERVER[PHP_SELF])
{
echo "Jesus pwns!";
}
Lyokofreak offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:55 pm

I give it 7/10 because I didn't really like that episode that much.
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vora Lyoko » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:51 pm

9/10

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:32 am

Overall: 8/10.

UltimaHedgie wrote:he blurted out 'XANA' right in front of the entire class (including Jim)

But not everyone knows who is really Xana, so the Kadic students at the pool might think William is on crack or that he can spit out crap since people might already know (via gossip, I assume) that he's madly in love for Yumi. Hey, Ulrich yelled Megatank at the showers, but how would Herve and Nicolas know what is really a Megatank to them?

UltimaHedgie wrote:I think she realized that good aspect in him, but she felt that he could not be fully trusted--so she voted "no," ending the whole thing (and, of course, everyone except Ulrich and Yumi were under the assumption that Ulrich voted William out).

I'm sure Yumi saw also the good side in William, despite the events that happened between both. But William is really a bigger risk in Team Lyoko than Sissi. Sissi seems easier to handle.

Mewberries151 wrote:The rest of the group didn't see the way he treated her (if they had, I'm sure there'd have been at least a couple other "no"s. They only saw his "helpful" side (and even then, he was pretty jerky about it).

Given the show's age targeting, they would just ignore him. In PG-13 mode, William would bleed.

Mewberries151 wrote:Plus, the way he treats Yumi seriously peeved me off.

This episode crossed the line between Yumi and William, as far as it goes.

Mewberries151 wrote:Kankrelats for the World!!! They need their own show...or something. It could be called the Kankrelat show, and it'd just be them, being their silly, awesome selves, and their point of view on Lyoko battles. ("Oh noes! Not the pink orbs of doomy doom! It burns us! It burns!") :*D

I'll accept that on DVDs only for a Kankrelat segment, including the cornyness.

Mewberries151 wrote:Ha...and we have another movie spoof XANA attack (seriously, did he hit YouTube or something?)...this time, Mission Impossible! (X At least they didn't do the "Red wire, blue wire" thing. ^^

Xana would have taken a look at IMDB.com or hit the cinemas or a DVD store, lol. Not Youtube that much.

I need a screenshot with all the wires. I swear I couldn't see much colour wires. But if it wasn't for William's knowledge about the bombing company and the defusing of the bomb (he almost screwed up), bye bye factory.

l a n i. wrote:I still root for Sissi, mostly cause she seems to have developed the most and did a great job in Ultimatum, and she's NOT harassing Yumi.

Agreed, except that Sissi isn't bisexual or a lesbian.

l a n i. wrote:Ohhh, that history report. xD If I ever become a history teacher, I'm going to show that little clip, and say, "GETREADYTOTAKENOTESGO."

Nyaha.

rofl

Tekirai wrote:I NEVER thought a bomb with have to be detonated in CL. EVER. It was a fantasy. xP But lookie here.

Indeed! And about time Xana tried that. Guess that being outside of Lyoko gives Xana wide choices of how to develop plot attacks against Team Lyoko.

X.A.N.A wrote:When did William totally unlearn and be good at swimming? :rofl:

Blame the writers on that. And the VAs involved into William's voice as well.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Megalyoko » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:15 am

Great episode,thank yumi that willam didnt joined the team,I would have expected something from Urich to say no when they voted but yumi? but she is right to say no ,hes bad adittute really has change since season 2, no wonder he got transfer from hes old school,crazy for love?,more like praying for love is more like it lol,but he was cool when he disarm the bomb, but if he joined the team it would have been more harm then good,he just be like sissy,all way telling about a XANA attack OUT LOUD to everyone,but it a good thing he didnt get join in, look how mad he was when they voted him out,like one member said, he should repect people opinion,if he could have said,!!ok I understand!!and maybe he would have had a second chance.and all so am glad that the ice sector didnt get deleted :) .

Megalyoko offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Keiji » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:20 am

Yeah, I'm glad William didn't join the group, he sucks.

But I wish that Jim would join them properly. If only they had scanned him in False Start so he would remember everything...

Yay for the Glacier being saved! It's my second-favorite sector.
Keiji offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Jinnai » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:15 am

Did you not see how mean Jim was? He's getting worse than Season 2! *hmph!*

Jim was only real mean in Season 1. He wasn't bad in Season 2...and I don't think he was mean here, William is the kind of student that will get teachers yelling at him. ;)

Well Sissi used to interfere with the UlrichxYumi-ness.

Uh, no, she didn't. She tried to though. :D

And what he said to her afterwards in front of the school was equally horrible.

I told you earlier that I got Jet from Avatar vibes from William, but in this particular scene ("Nobody's ever humiliated me like that!") I got Gaston from Beauty and the Beast vibes. :*D

William has to learn to respect people's opinions and feelings (and find a few manners), especially if he wants to be part of a team. Otherwise, he'll hurt the group as a whole.

Agreed. Sissy and Jim, the gang's other two main school antagonists, have begun to change their ways since Season 1 and are still changing even now. William has yet to even begin that process of change and he'd better start soon if he's to hope for some kind of redemption.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Jinnai offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

PreviousNext