Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:28 pm

S3 Episode 6: The Pretender

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Are you happy with the statistics?

Aelita - The Princess Rules! 10/10
44%
Odd - Kitty Kat Power! 8/10
28%
Ulrich - German Might makes Right! 6/10
14%
Yumi - Not availible due to Bird Flu 4/10
5%
To heck with them all! 2/10
5%
Alfred Hitchcock is spinning in his grave! 0/10
5%

Total votes : 43

Postby Jinnai » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:22 pm

Ulrich is not a jerk! Geesh... Johnny is so clueless and STUPID, so he doesn't know when to stop following Yumi. Whats up with him asking Yumi to marry him... can you say... OBSESSED. *twitchety twitch twitch*

Ugh. :whatever: Ulrich was a jerk here, Jeremy, Yumi, and even Ulrich himself said so. Johnny is annoying, but you can't deny that Ulrich was responsible for him getting a big role in this episode and it was all just for his personal pleasure (at the expense of Yumi's and ours.)

Look, Ulrich's no bad guy but he does have flaws and that especially showed in this episode. Denying that is sort of like missing the point entirely.

And whilst I don't care for Johnny either, no-one seems to be giving him credit for telling the Principal and Jim about her. If he hadn't, she wouldn't have got put on that hospital equipment and might have died before the RTTP was initiated. At least let's thank the lil' twit for that. ;)
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Jinnai offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:13 pm

And yet nobody sticks up for Sissi when she did the same for our heroes in XANA awakens part II. Interesting, wouldn't you say?
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:16 pm

Lyoko Freak wrote:I don't think there was much to this episode... Xana possessed crows? When will human Xana (if there is one) or some other interesting figure appear???

"Destroy Lyoko's Core" and CODE: XANA is getting really boring. I seriously expected more tension this season of CL (S2's ending episode bragged of a very interesting S3). Hopefully, in the next 2 episodes, the subjects will go off the board and things can get interesting.

I told everyone when I came back from Paris (and we'd had hints beforehand) that S3 was a filler Season for the tranistion to S4 - and from what I've seen and heard, in S4 everything will change.

As far as I can tell, it will be epic.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:20 pm

I actually read an announcement that said just that on Wikipedia several months ago.

I didn't believe it at the time... but now, I realize the truth!
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:21 pm

Sithking Zero wrote:And yet nobody sticks up for Sissi when she did the same for our heroes in XANA awakens part II. Interesting, wouldn't you say?

Kinda don't want to get into that here, but: Sissi doing it wasn't exactly a selfless act, was it? And if it wasn't for the RTTP, the series would have been over right there.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Quincy Archer » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:33 pm

I think the birds were a trap to get them to go to lyoko and deactivate the tower so that the skippy (scyphazoa, I hate spelling it, I ALWAYS get it wrong) could get to Aelita. I missed the ending, right after Johnny said something along the lines of "Ulrich told me to tell you that he's a stupid jerk and he's sorry for pulling a stunt like that". stupid DVR. the only thing I`m gonna hate is waiting for season 4. I`m gonna be pissed if all we get is 15 or so eps for S3, and then have to wait a year or so for s4.
Quincy Archer offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Darkborn » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:39 pm

First Quincy. Theres an O after the ph, it's not an A.
Second. Please do not swear outside of BKO.
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stonecreek » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:53 am

Didn't know it was possible for Ulrich to pwn that much on Lyoko. That part was excellent. Still want to drop kick Johnny in the nuts, though...

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby MY85 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:09 am

Forum Marshal wrote:Second. Please do not swear outside of BKO.

There's nothing wrong with those two words he said.

Cassius335 wrote:And if it wasn't for the RTTP, the series would have been over right there.

No RTTP on that episode could have meant the following:
-Yumi possibly dying.
-Goodbye Desert Sector.
-A weird death known to the french media. The news would last for a few days.

Jeremie could have devirtualized Aelita and Ulrich before they could have fallen into the digital void.

Next episode: "The show must go on".

Back on my view about the episode... pretty decent, could be a match up with Fausse Piste for best Season 3 episode.

Ulrich might behave like an idiot and almost blew up the thing about Lyoko (Odd covered his butt with the Teddy Bear Heaven videogame line, lol), but hey... he did recognized about his mistakes. He at least admitted that he screwed up with Yumi, but he got things fixed by the end of the episode.

Johnny... well... he might seemed pretty annoying, but you can blame Ulrich for the Yumi stalking. And you gotta give that kid credit for helping Yumi. But his constant blushing cheeks were weird.

The attack with the crows... I think Hitchcock might be a little bit offended, yet honoured at the same time. I thought all the crows were gonna rape Odd for a second... but they really went hellbent on Yumi. Poor Yumi, I feel bad for her.

I've noticed that the crows attacking Yumi was somehow a bit of a violent scene for a show like Code Lyoko. Yet, you don't see Yumi bleeding after being attacked or Johnny getting his crotch hit at the gym (you see the scenes after he landed, not during the landing).

Ulrich did a Zidane on the manta! Apparently... I'm holding on to that idea... it was wicked. Ulrich was the MVP (Most Valuable Player, not Montel Vontavious Porter :puke:) of this episode. Kudos to him for that.

Goodbye Desert Sector!

And Jeremie's stats... he just wanted to make Aelita feel happier with him.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Taelia » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:48 am

I told everyone when I came back from Paris (and we'd had hints beforehand) that S3 was a filler Season for the tranistion to S4 - and from what I've seen and heard, in S4 everything will change.

What do you mean "epic"? Xana's wining! The deletion of the sectors is the first step! The kids cannot do this fight alone (see my reinforcements thread), and Jeremie was accused of plotting to commit acts of terrorism on French soil!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:04 am

Taelia wrote:

What do you mean "epic"? Xana's wining! The deletion of the sectors is the first step! The kids cannot do this fight alone (see my reinforcements thread), and Jeremie was accused of plotting to commit acts of terrorism on French soil!

I can really say - but when we were at Moonscoop and got the tour all three of us could see storyboards and designs for S4 lying around, new background artwork, and large folders with S4 titles on them.

Like I said, Epic, but uh, I'd rather not talk about it ;)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:26 am

And this upcoming ep, titled "Reincxarnation" in French. Hmmm...getting ideas here. Smell saomething burning? XD ;)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:50 am

MakeYourself wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:And if it wasn't for the RTTP, the series would have been over right there.

No RTTP on that episode could have meant the following:
-Yumi possibly dying.
-Goodbye Desert Sector.
-A weird death known to the french media. The news would last for a few days.

Jeremie could have devirtualized Aelita and Ulrich before they could have fallen into the digital void.

Next episode: "The show must go on".

*sigh* Not this ep, THAT ep ("XANA Awakens 2").
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Keiji » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:48 am

My prayers have been answered! XANA has deleted the desert sector in all its terribleness!!

Seriously, though, the desert should have been first to go because it sucks. The forest should have stayed...
Keiji offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Tekirai » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:06 pm

... Nicholas. Wears. Pink. Boxers.

Teddy Bear Heaven sounds like a cool game.

GO AWAY JOHNNY. Dx

That was pretty jerkish of Ulrich, though. o.O Still, he was awesome in Lyoko later on. xD Yay.

Yumi's expressions in the cafeteria and Odd's interrupted commentary on Lyoko both had to have been the funniest moments in the episode.

PINK BOXERS. UMG.

That scene where they were walking through the army of birds to get into the factory was really cool, too.

Overall, great episode. But Yumi gets hurt too much! Dx
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Haruno Sakura » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:55 pm

Oops... I messed up on one of my earlier posts, saying that Johnny asked Yumi to marry him...

He actually said, "Hang in there Yumi." Which sounded like, "Marry me Yumi." xDD Sorry 'bout that. :P

OMG the crows will BURN. BURN, I tell ya. They poked her to death... (almost) *sniffles*
I am Haruno Sakura.
Haruno Sakura offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Location: Mc Donalds! The ones who started it all... Hormone injected food baby!

Postby TL. » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:18 pm

This episode was a bit poor. My least favourite so far (joint with Tidal Wave)
THIS IS MY FORUM NOW!

ALL WHO DEFY ME, SHALL BE DESTROYED!
TL. offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby LinkinPark12 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:38 pm

This episode was ok in the beginning but the battle on Lyoko was outstanding! And I recall hearing Ulrich say "Hey I was hazed when i was in 7th Grade!" or something, but that Johnny kid creeps me out slightly.... but anyways this was an ok/outstanding so I give it a 8/10
I was UlrichxYumiFan12, then season 3 ended and I decided to change my username for the time being. Also If I reply to multiple posts, its because I haven't been on for a month and I'm getting used to the site again.
LinkinPark12 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:23 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
Sithking Zero wrote:And yet nobody sticks up for Sissi when she did the same for our heroes in XANA awakens part II. Interesting, wouldn't you say?

Kinda don't want to get into that here, but: Sissi doing it wasn't exactly a selfless act, was it? And if it wasn't for the RTTP, the series would have been over right there.

Ha...also, not wanting to get into that over here...but Ulrich sending Johnny to bother Yumi (which selfish, but not harmful to Lyoko and Aelita), is not the same thing as what Sissi did in "XANA Awakens" (which was harmful).

Ulrich also admits his mistakes when he makes them and apologizes; Sissi tends not to (LogBook being an exception, though that was after her plans had ultimately been destroyed, not when they were still in motion).

Incidentally, I think Yumi summed it up best, "It figures. He's not only jealous, he's dumb."

As much as I like Ulrich, I totally will agree with that sentence. It was dumb to feel threatened by a kid who's the same age as Yumi's own brother. There's no way she's going to date him...or at least a terribly slim chance, because that'd be really awkward. So that was dumb in his thinking, but Ulrich has severe jealousy issues anyway (Yumi used to have them too, mind you), so that's in-character for him.

And he did apologize. Well, he sent Johnny to do it, but Yumi either wasn't going to listen to him or totally kill him (both being totally justifiable actions), so sending Johnny was a better way of at least letting her know...and the wording was hilarious to boot! XD

So...moving on...Hitchcock homages for the world!!!! ;D

It will never cease to amaze me how an episode of CL can have me laughing out loud one moment and then biting my nails out of worry the next.

This episode was really a trip (emotionally) and very awesome! Yumi's whole situation, with the birds, was really dramatic and very suspenseful (for a moment, I did wonder if they wouldn't make it).

On the flipside, it was nice to see this seriousness balanced by Ulrich and Odd's hilarious competive actions in Lyoko. It was just too funny! I nearly died when Odd gave that whole speech about finally catching up, only to be devirtualized right afterwards. And the way he devirtualized too was fantastic! "Noooooo!" (complete with a dramatic "death swoon"). Massive kudos to Mr. Geczy for that. It was genius! :D

Ulrich rocked in Lyoko. The tactics he used to try and stop Aelita and the monsters (without the use of his saber) were very clever. I'm wondering...if he had still had his saber...would he have just devirtualized her? That would make sense to me strategy-wise...although the trip and the hold worked decently well...until Aelita nailed him in the gut. ^^

Aelita rocked the most though! And not just when she was XANA-fied either! Her whole, "Yeah, I know I'm cheating but you boys are just too clumsy," was so cute and so funny! XD

And, I totally figured she'd win the stats race (although I think Yumi would have been an even better pick as top warrior). I loved the highfives and stuff she and Jeremie were exchanging! That was adorable! ^.^

This episode was awesome! 9.99/10 (.01% was taken off for that mildly disturbing image of Nicholas and Herb in the bathroom...I did not need, nor did I want...to see that. O_o ) j/k

By the way...I don't mind Johnny (although I am slightly unnerved at how the way he's drawn is noticeably different from the rest of the group). In terms of "relationship competition" Y/U-wise, he doesn't bother me at all...because he's really not competition at all, and because he's amusing. He doesn't strike me as a bad kid...just lonely and totally smitten with Yumi, with no clue as to how to deal with it. ^^;
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Vora Lyoko » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:07 pm

Nice job Mews. (As usual) :)

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:13 pm

:blush: Aww, thanks so much! ^_^

...I miss the Desert Region though. That was the first region shown in season 1. *sobs* ^^;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:14 pm

That was my favorite Region.
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vora Lyoko » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:26 pm

Yeah well the Ice sector nearly got destroyed...IT'S SAVED! :3

But I miss the Desert.

*funeral music begins and I lower my hat to my chest*

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:43 pm

Vora wrote:Yeah well the Ice sector nearly got destroyed...IT'S SAVED! :3

But I miss the Desert.

*funeral music begins and I lower my hat to my chest*

Woah...I just noticed something though.

Remember that video that was found that supposedly had "season 3 scenes" on it, that had that scene of Odd using his shield to block a rock slide?

That was in the Desert Region...and that didn't happen yet...and now the Desert Regions gone.

Hmmm...that leaves two possibilities.

1) They get the regions back before the end of the season and that happens in one of the last few episodes.

2) Like the fight scene between Ulrich and his clones, that was a scene from a promo video and not an actual episode (although, arguably, Ulrich's and Yumi's could still happen).

3) ...That really is a scene from Season 4!!! O.O

Three seems really unlikely though...as when TB3 went to France, I believe he said they only had the storyboards and concepts down. I don't think any animation had been done, which would make that scene impossible to be from season 3.

Oooooo...

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tekirai » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:59 pm

Don't you mean 3 possibilities, Mew? xD;;

I must have been the only one to notice Nicholas' pink undies. o.o;; Gosh I'm weird.
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

PreviousNext