Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:18 am

S3 Episode 5: Aelita

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Today's episode was...

It totally rocked, mostly outstanding Aelita and Franz Hopper. 10/10
23%
One of the best episodes in Season 3 so far with Aelita's past that rocked. 9/10
26%
It was great. 8/10
19%
Still enjoyable. 7/10
13%
A bit above the average, yet it was okay. 6/10
10%
Half good, half bad. 5/10
No votes
As bad as William's intelligence for mistaking exams. 4/10
3%
A bit lame, really. 3/10
6%
As bad as Odd's stinking feet. 2/10
No votes
Just as bad as Cartoon Network commercials. 1/10
No votes

Total votes : 31

Postby Lyokofreak » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:23 pm

I'd murder myself if I spoke to the girl I loved like that.
How to write an infinite Jesus pwns loop in PHP:
while($_SERVER[PHP_SELF])
{
echo "Jesus pwns!";
}
Lyokofreak offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Vora Lyoko » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:55 pm

Consider I haven't had a BF for the past two years....I could say that. I mean, think like me? That is a worst choice of words EVER to use. I were Aelita I'd slap him. (Of course....not hatefully.)

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Keiji » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:37 am

* Aelita slaps Jeremie with a big fat smelly trout

Sorry, I just had to. XD
Keiji offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Vora Lyoko » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:10 pm

Something that's nots a fish. ^^;

So...this thread should be over quite soon.

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby . » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:25 pm

OddxAelita moment = Priceless
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ghost Guest » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:39 pm

I didn't really see a OddxAelita moment, not a romantic one anyway. To me, he was just being a good friend.
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Astro-Xana » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:46 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:As for Franz Hopper's Lyoko "form"...that makes sense to me. I have a theory in mind about that particular form...but I'll save it for later. *snickers*

I was just bored and was just reading the 1st page of this topic and came across this. So let me guess what your theory is because I have a feeling that it is obvious and that I may get it right. Are you thinking that Aelita's Energy Field with her orbs are actually Franz Hopper himself that she is throwing in destroying Xana's monsters?

Also, may I point out that I'm thinking it is possible to age on Lyoko because of the fact that Aelita had her younger voice when she was 1st virtualized into Lyoko in her flashbacks. But when Jeremy turned on the supercomputer, Aelita had her mature voice!

Astro-Xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Location: Fighting Xana's demon monsters in the Nexus Core Star Center of the Network

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:03 pm

Astronomical X.A.N.A. wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:As for Franz Hopper's Lyoko "form"...that makes sense to me. I have a theory in mind about that particular form...but I'll save it for later. *snickers*

I was just bored and was just reading the 1st page of this topic and came across this. So let me guess what your theory is because I have a feeling that it is obvious and that I may get it right. Are you thinking that Aelita's Energy Field with her orbs are actually Franz Hopper himself that she is throwing in destroying Xana's monsters?

^^; Ummm...actually no. My theory was that Franz Hopper was the Heart of Lyoko that they were so desperate to protect. His orb form looked very similar to the single orb that represented the heart of Lyoko. Considering how much control he has over the Towers and Lyoko (at least judging by season 2), I thought it might have been possible that after XANA "destroyed" his virtual form, that he'd been assimilated into Lyoko's system as the "heart".

However, the season 3 finale disproved that really, and I wouldn't have had the scientific nor technological know-how to have ever really supported that theory anyway. I was going by appearances only. *sweatdrops*
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TB3 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:17 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:^^; Ummm...actually no. My theory was that Franz Hopper was the Heart of Lyoko that they were so desperate to protect. His orb form looked very similar to the single orb that represented the heart of Lyoko. Considering how much control he has over the Towers and Lyoko (at least judging by season 2), I thought it might have been possible that after XANA "destroyed" his virtual form, that he'd been assimilated into Lyoko's system as the "heart".

However, the season 3 finale disproved that really, and I wouldn't have had the scientific nor technological know-how to have ever really supported that theory anyway. I was going by appearances only. *sweatdrops*

(opens mouth for a page of LTT-Technobabbly-Explanation, but is pummeled to the ground by angry Quantum Physicists)

:P
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sithking Zero » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:56 pm

Still, Franz's (how do you make the plural of "Franz?" Does the "Z" work like an "S?") lyoko form was interesting, especially if one was to take into account that the supercomputer uses your subconcious mind and creates a lyoko Avatar based on that. What does that reveal about Franz, the bubbly stuff?

I mean, Ulrich is Loyal to his friends (Samurai), Yumi has strong ties to her culture (Geisha), Odd is, well... He lives up to his namesake, let's put it that way. (Purple Cat).

Aelita... I dunno what that reveals about herself. I think it represents her innocence and belief in the stranger concepts of the world, like magic (as represented by Mister Puck, her energy blasts, her elf-design... the list goes on.)

William's design, I believe, was designed more for brute force. Look at the freaking sword! Also, his almost brutish tactics when it comes to trying to attract Yumi as a girlfriend would support the "Brute Force" idea. His outfit also resembles (faintly) the type of costume used in "Tron" or the Megaman Battle network series of games, and his sword also resembles Cloud Strife's sword (From Final Fantasy Seven). This would show off his love of video games.

But what does Franz's (seriously: what is the plural fo Franz?) Lyoko avatar represent? Is it some kind of ghost or poultergeist, unable to be touched, yet exerting influence? Or some sort of god, appearing to mortals through a series of bubbles? Or maybe the perception of him changes depending on who looks at him. Maybe he's just invisible save the bubbles.

Or maybe he really likes bubbles... :whatever: nah. I dunno. Anyone have any thoughts?
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:02 pm

Sithking Zero wrote:Still, Franz's (how do you make the plural of "Franz?" Does the "Z" work like an "S?") lyoko form was interesting, especially if one was to take into account that the supercomputer uses your subconcious mind and creates a lyoko Avatar based on that. What does that reveal about Franz, the bubbly stuff?

But what does Franz's (seriously: what is the plural fo Franz?) Lyoko avatar represent? Is it some kind of ghost or poultergeist, unable to be touched, yet exerting influence? Or some sort of god, appearing to mortals through a series of bubbles? Or maybe the perception of him changes depending on who looks at him. Maybe he's just invisible save the bubbles.

Or maybe he really likes bubbles... :whatever: nah. I dunno. Anyone have any thoughts?

I believe the explanation Franz Hopper gives is that he didn't have time to program himself a virtual envelope...so what he is, is pure programming, I guess. ^^;
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:49 pm

The Supercomputer seemed quite capable of programming them for everyone else...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:54 am

Cassius335 wrote:The Supercomputer seemed quite capable of programming them for everyone else...

Franz specifically said though that Lyoko still needed to 'develop', hence why he wasn't in Humanoid form - I take that to mean that the bubbles are a form of 'toolkit' - a form where he can reprogram areas at will, and travel from sector to sector without having to use the tower network (heck he just vanished at one point).

Though I will also say that I made the 'White Balls = God Complex' connection, and Franz was hardly the sanest of men by that time......
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Reesane » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:55 pm

TB3 wrote:Though I will also say that I made the 'White Balls = God Complex' connection, and Franz was hardly the sanest of men by that time......

I second that.
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Skorpigeist » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:37 pm

TB3 wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:The Supercomputer seemed quite capable of programming them for everyone else...

Franz specifically said though that Lyoko still needed to 'develop', hence why he wasn't in Humanoid form - I take that to mean that the bubbles are a form of 'toolkit' - a form where he can reprogram areas at will, and travel from sector to sector without having to use the tower network (heck he just vanished at one point).

Though I will also say that I made the 'White Balls = God Complex' connection, and Franz was hardly the sanest of men by that time......

yeah Franz was a few marbles short of the sack being filled........ so just to ask a Question to TB3, How come the other Lyoko warriors were able to get their own avatars, or did Franz have the program perfected just for children?
Skorpigeist offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:50 am

Of course, this also raises an interesting point: Can adults be virtualized onto Lyoko? I mean, in a humanoid avatar?
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:23 am

That's a wonderful question. TB3 came up with a design for a Lyokofied Jim as an example.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:45 pm

Sithking Zero wrote:Of course, this also raises an interesting point: Can adults be virtualized onto Lyoko? I mean, in a humanoid avatar?

There's no real reason why not. I doubt Franz would want someone virtualising into Lyoko in 'tookit mode'...
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Previous