Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:02 am

S3 Episode 5: Aelita

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Today's episode was...

It totally rocked, mostly outstanding Aelita and Franz Hopper. 10/10
23%
One of the best episodes in Season 3 so far with Aelita's past that rocked. 9/10
26%
It was great. 8/10
19%
Still enjoyable. 7/10
13%
A bit above the average, yet it was okay. 6/10
10%
Half good, half bad. 5/10
No votes
As bad as William's intelligence for mistaking exams. 4/10
3%
A bit lame, really. 3/10
6%
As bad as Odd's stinking feet. 2/10
No votes
Just as bad as Cartoon Network commercials. 1/10
No votes

Total votes : 31

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:44 pm

Vora wrote:
Briana wrote:oh poo,the video won't load. arggg. =/

Mine loaded, but I got an error message. Where's a supercomputer when you need one? :D

Hmmm...if you haven't yet, try using the "right click > Save Target As" procedure, and use the link provided at the forum page I linked to. That's what worked for me.

Also, make sure you have a program that can view AVI files, as that's what this one is. :)

I hope this helps. ^^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Vora Lyoko » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:45 pm

I did. But that's ok. I can wait....(I think)

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Evil Ulrich » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:45 pm

Thanks.
Used to be Tarantula, Krabe General, and RageFireHunter
Evil Ulrich offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Briana » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:46 pm

i can wait too.
I'm Insanity Hero's sidekick. Yes.
~~Member Of The Let's All Go Punch Ulrich's Dad Club.~~
Briana offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Vora Lyoko » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:50 pm

So....I have nothing better to do than waste my time on the computer,

How was your days Lyoko Freaks?

*shot again*

Anyway, Based on the posts of Mews, I suppose "Aelita" will be a good episode.
(I wonder if they switched writers, because when shows switch writers, the sohw goes down hill. I hope this is not the case. I'm still trying to get over the Garbage thing....)

Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Evil Ulrich » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:59 pm

Good.
Used to be Tarantula, Krabe General, and RageFireHunter
Evil Ulrich offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Sithking Zero » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:00 pm

Yay! Emily and Odd don't get together! [/happiness]
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:01 pm

Vora wrote:

Mine loaded, but I got an error message. Where's a supercomputer when you need one? :D

My copy works fine.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vora Lyoko » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:01 pm

Sithking Zero wrote:Yay! Emily and Odd don't get together! [/happiness]

*shares happiness with you*

Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:08 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
Vora wrote:

My copy works fine.

Ditto, but I have some problems with the audio. Other than that, the video works fine to me. Brilliant quality image.

The episode got me intrigued with the Aelita/Franz scenes, but the real life scenes were a bit stale. Odd's feet stinking... well, more material for all the Odd haters out there. I would have cracked up if Aelita would have told Odd something about his smell at the old house.

Lyoko scenes were good. All the flashback scenes were good, but I don't feel that happy about watching this episode. I'll give this episode another shot when it airs in English.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Tekirai » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:29 pm

OHSNAP. You have to download it? That shucks- I can't download stuff. DDx

Looking at posts here, it seems like a decent episode. But it has an... uninteresting feel, though. (Probably because I just watched Princess Mononoke and didn't like how it ended xD;;)

Or something like that.
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TB3 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:35 pm

I myself was very pleased with this ep for it's sheer Aelita-ness - she showed such variety in this - her normal behaviour, anger, vulnerability, smug confidence (when she was able to put the SCIPIO prompt on a timer) and her new badassedity :P

And I am intrigued by the Franz scenes - based on what we saw I think there's still more to be told here, because although that tower probably is the same one she woke up in, the episode doesn't explain how she lost her memory or how Franz became a prisoner.

I reckon these scenes will be seen again at some point and extended...hopefully.

And yay! Some lines for Paul Bandey - I eagerly look forward to more technobabble from Lyoko's creator :)

I also note (though it took the cl.net forums to alert me beforehand) the class lecture was on 'Ragnarok' - the Norse tale of the downfall of the old gods and the end of the world - I like this new habit of putting a degree of thematic exposition in the staff's mouths (Hertz on the forest and now a metaphor for the events in Lyoko of June 6th 1994).

Also note, now that we know avatars are derived from the user's mind - why does Franz have such a...devine-looking form on Lyoko? - the one explanation I have is that his encroaching insanity, coupled with the fact that he had created an entire world, lead him to think he was Lyoko's God - hence his appearance.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jinnai » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:57 am

Glad Odd and Emily don't get together, the only ones I can see him with are Aelita or Sissy (of course, either way there's going to be an angry nerd coming after him, Jeremy or Herve! :D )

Yes! Hopper's alive...he's aliiiiiiive! Can't wait to see more of him! 8)
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Jinnai offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Rail Runner » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:00 am

I always love seeing Franz...its just the mysteriousness of him. I cant wait to see how the mystery is solved though.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Megalyoko » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:03 am

for thows of you how are having proplems with the video file try this.

VLC media player
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

now on with the topic .

Megalyoko offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Darkborn » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:20 am

Please start your own Newbie Thread Mega...The Forum it there for a REASON.
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Megalyoko » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:41 am

The Blue Badger wrote:Please start your own Newbie Thread Mega...The Forum it there for a REASON.

I was just trying to help the members load episode 57 Blue ;)

Megalyoko offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Darkborn » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:15 am

Yes, I can see that. But it is considered rude to barge into a conversation. I would just like to ask you to post a Newbie topic so we can get to know you.
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Megalyoko » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:31 pm

The Blue Badger wrote:Yes, I can see that. But it is considered rude to barge into a conversation. I would just like to ask you to post a Newbie topic so we can get to know you.

O I see, sorry for barging :)! please please!! continue with the episode 57 conversation. :)

Megalyoko offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby animenologist » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:52 pm

Now this may be the entire language barrier acting up, but did Aelita seem to be acting more on impulse and emotion than usual? From what I could infer based upon the visuals and tone of voice, just seemed like she got upset about something most likely relating to her father, than storms off and gets Odd to run with her a secret mission behind the rest of the gang's back. The scene just before the they jumped on the elevator seemed like it was Jeremie playing the voice of reason, to bring her down to Earth, which is I find interesting because usually its the other way around. I guess it surprises me a bit more, because I've been reviewing Season 1 episodes, and sometimes the difference between the two Aelitas is astonishing and sometimes frightening.

But then again, I can be completely off base and should be ignored entirely, because I can't speak French nor familiar with it. My high school language arts elective was Spanish. Although it does bring up my previous suggestion for a partial season-wide rift between Jeremie and Aelita. Eh, I'll know by Tuesday.

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes.

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes."
-- Buckminster Fuller
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Rail Runner » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:58 pm

If thats the case, this will be the first incident of Aelita not acting logical and just doing something on impulse...from what I can gather from your statement. This should be interesting.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby animenologist » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:17 pm

Actually, there have been multiple times where she acted out on emotion or impulse, instead of patient logic and reason. Unchartered Territory, Missing Link, Deja Vu, and The Key. I just thought this episode was a bit more, what word do I want to use ... extreme? compared to the other times. Guessing its a continuation of her feeling like a normal emotional human, instead of a logic-driven mechanical AI.

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes.

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes."
-- Buckminster Fuller
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Rail Runner » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:35 pm

Thats what I was trying to say, that it was more extreme than her previous actions.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:19 am

Franz, God of Lyoko? I kinda like it. I think so far it just falls into another one of those "We'll never really know" moments. The fact that Franz shut off the computer though is the first new real backstory information in a while, and I'm glad to have it. As for Odd dating Emily, if it happened I seem to have missed it. I thought I caught him just being rejected by gals. I'm one of those holding out irrationally for OddxSissi anyway, so I hope I didn't miss something. Episode ended on a strange note. They found Hopper's vDNA? Wonder where they go with that.

I said it over on TL already, but whoever provided this rip is amazing, such quality in a small package for an avi.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:13 am

animenologist wrote:Now this may be the entire language barrier acting up, but did Aelita seem to be acting more on impulse and emotion than usual? From what I could infer based upon the visuals and tone of voice, just seemed like she got upset about something most likely relating to her father, than storms off and gets Odd to run with her a secret mission behind the rest of the gang's back. The scene just before the they jumped on the elevator seemed like it was Jeremie playing the voice of reason, to bring her down to Earth, which is I find interesting because usually its the other way around. I guess it surprises me a bit more, because I've been reviewing Season 1 episodes, and sometimes the difference between the two Aelitas is astonishing and sometimes frightening.

But then again, I can be completely off base and should be ignored entirely, because I can't speak French nor familiar with it. My high school language arts elective was Spanish. Although it does bring up my previous suggestion for a partial season-wide rift between Jeremie and Aelita. Eh, I'll know by Tuesday.

Actually, this is a genuine case of Aelita being emotional when she honestly has every right to.

I've been able to catch most of the conversation, and with LyokoCode's synopsis help, the reason why Aelita gets so upset and storms off is perfectly justified in my opinion.

See, during the conversation in the cafeteria, Aelita asks Jeremie something to the extent if he's been able to find any trace of her father on Lyoko.

Jeremie responds to the extent that he hasn't and that he doesn't think they will.

Aelita is shocked by this and Jeremie explains that because Franz Hopper used all of his energy and power to revive her and Lyoko, he likely sacrificed his existence there as well (a sort of "life for a life", if you will).

He can see that Aelita's clearly getting upset at this, so in a desperate attempt to placate her...he says the wrong thing. ^^

What he says is that she shouldn't get upset. Franz wanted her to live. She can't live in the past, and she should look to the future instead.

Aelita responds with something that roughly translates to, "Easy for you to say. You weren't trapped in a computer program for years and years. I can't forget that."

True words...Jeremie hasn't even been to Lyoko. I know he meant well, but, it's kind of a bad idea to tell someone not to be upset...directly after you've just told them it's more than likely there father's gone for good. *sweatdrop*

So, Aelita's being emotional and upset in this scenario, isn't a sign of her impulsiveness...more just her humanity.

Plus, from the flashbacks, her father clearly asks her "Never to forget". So obviously, being asked to do the opposite will make her a bit touchy.

She goes to Lyoko to try and check Sector 5's database, since if there's anywhere Franz Hopper will be able to be found, it's through there. It ends up being a good thing that they checked anyway, since XANA attacks Lyoko's heart again.

And...at the end of the episode, it looks like they do find a trace of Franz Hopper's genetic code. ;)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext