Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:35 pm

S3 Episode 15: Xana Awakens - Part 2

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

After seeing Xana Awakens (Part 2)...

Both parts absolutely rocked.
44%
Both parts rocked, but Part 1 was better than 2.
15%
Both parts rocked, but Part 2 was better than 1.
32%
Both were okay.
5%
Both parts sucked, but Part 1 was a bit better than Part 2.
No votes
Both parts sucked, but Part 2 was a bit better than Part 1.
2%
Both parts absolutely sucked.
2%

Total votes : 41

Postby Jinnai » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:01 pm

I actually think the group did the right thing with Sissi.

I agree with what they did in not telling Sissy, what bugs me is Ulrich's personal reaction to it though. She had a good cause and yet he just calls her a "rotten traitor" even though he's not exactly the most moral person around either.

She could have just snuck out, and helped them herself.

But she woke up with Jim and her dad there and if she waited until they left it could be too late. She wanted to help as fast as possible. Not the smartest thing to do, but it was well-intentioned.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Jinnai offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Pyro-Lord » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:09 pm

Sorta Off-topic: All of this CL talk and stuff makes me think about how lucky all of us are to be in this timeline, with CL and all...
Don't come crying to me when I'm famous and you aren't...cuz that will never happen.
Founder and member of:
My movie-making organization for making movies by myself and with my friends...'nuff said.
Pyro-Lord offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TB3 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:20 pm

Pyro-Lord wrote:Sorta Off-topic: All of this CL talk and stuff makes me think about how lucky all of us are to be in this timeline, with CL and all...

Yes indeedy - I mean, imagine being born in the fifties, with only Bugs Bunny on the TV and no internet either! :P

Viva the Sissi revolution! XD
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Briana » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:28 pm

Pyro-Lord wrote:Sorta Off-topic: All of this CL talk and stuff makes me think about how lucky all of us are to be in this timeline, with CL and all...

HOMG YES.

we are veryy lucky. cause we have all this cool technology.
I'm Insanity Hero's sidekick. Yes.
~~Member Of The Let's All Go Punch Ulrich's Dad Club.~~
Briana offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby knifey » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:29 pm

I'm done with my homework so I can post. Joy.

I didn't read the entire thread yet so it doesn't change my opinion... yet.

I felt this one was a bit rushed. What with the making new friends and finding out about XANA, and all that.

The cartoon animation seemed better like when you saw Ulrich and Yumi fighting. But what got me a bit mad was that it seemed like Ulrich and Yumi planned out the fight, which you never see and there is not even evidence to back up that Ulrich would agree to it since Ulrich seemed a bit... mad after he was pwned. I laughed so hard when Ulrich called Yumi yuri. XD

I guess I was right about Aelita getting her name from seeing it in the tower. It was obvious though.

Looks that we were all right about getting Virtualized in order to be protected from the RTTPs. Too bad we didn't get to see Jeremie's virtual form. >.<

Sissi had yet another chance to be virtualized but turned it down, guess it was for a good cause though. Yumi had a chance and accepted it. Yay for more ideas for AUs. If Odd didn't have such an active imagination then Yumi would probably not have figured out how to use her weapon. More good causes. =P

Sissi is unable to be trusted. Too bad for us OddSissi fans, oh well. Seems they really hate Sissi for that. I can't believe she didn't know who Einstein was. XD

I thought it was okay in general. Too rushed though.

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention. They played different music when Aelita was running away from the kankerlots when she left the tower.
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:10 pm

I will admit this part was better than yesterday. Hmm, let's go semi-play-by-play.

Odd loved so much being in Lyoko that he got his hair done just like yesterday. But by the end of the episode, he goes like Kurt Cobain again.

Odd eating like a pig and Sissi is an ignorant. No surprise there.

In a bad way, Ulrich nailed the thought in my mind about Jeremie and his obsession for Maya.

Yumi and Ulrich fought again. Interruptions with a red tower on the Polar Region and then we see Aelita inside a tower by the Forest Region.

Sissi as a cheerleader sucks. Got called as an animal twice (Turkey by Jeremie and Baboon by Jim). "Kaaaaaaaaaaa-dic!" No wonder she got Herve and Nicolas fans.

Ulrich and Yumi taking a rest. What a waste of time to see a cheerleader when we know most of them suck.

Yuri! rofl

Aelita exploring the territory... oh great, the danger begins.

Sissi gets stalkers. Then, she got shocked. Hah. There's something good about the Lyoko team, they listen to anything then can hear and they might relate it to XANA. Hence Jeremie and Odd listening to the black kid and the other punk who were talking about Sissi getting attacked by electricity (a electrical orb, really).

Man, they're trying to be funny with the Xana monsters as well as increasing Aelita's luck.

Sex references with Yumi and Ulrich. A tie for "rival over the top blushing over you" scenes. Xana takes his time to attack. Hah.

I get sorta pissed at Jeremie for risking people's lives in some way for his own satisfaction. It's simple to shut down the computer... but I wouldn't be surprised if Xana could turn the supercomputer on his own.

Big plunge... lol.

Sissi betrayed team Lyoko. It was the only way to get rid of Sissi knowing about Lyoko after the RTTP. Still, I liked Sissi during this episode. She f***ed it up. Although, I think that even if Sissi wouldn't had betrayed them, Jeremie would had done the RTTP anyways.

And Jim making a reference to TeddyGozilla with the teddy bear scene. I guess he said that just like to say to Sissy... "Yeah, right. And I got attacked by a teddy bear." Hahaha...

You gotta admire the scene where Aelita escaped from the Kankrelats before going into a tunnel. After she fell down, a Kankrelat too. So Aelita bumps her head and doesn't get devirtualized, but the Kankrelat did? Dang.

Yumi did a rookie shot. Killed two birds with one stone.

I liked the way the episode ended. Better than yesterday.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby LadyLucy » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:52 pm

Me too.
What was better than Ulrich calling Yumi 'Yuri'? Her knocking him down afterward...I was like:' now that's a chick you don't mess with...'
:D
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stephen (x1) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:29 pm

...O_O France doesn't get Xana Awakens until December 9.

And we finish this season months before them. Ugh. Lucky French people.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:31 pm

Why do you mean that?

I heard rumers that Season 4 is starting in March, it that true?
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stephen (x1) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:36 pm

I am XANA wrote:Why do you mean that?

Season 3 finishes this month in USA. The same month it starts. It's too fast...Then we spend such a long time waiting for the new season, we all go nuts.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Blueyedblonde » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:50 pm

... wrote:

Season 3 finishes this month in USA. The same month it starts. It's too fast...Then we spend such a long time waiting for the new season, we all go nuts.

No way! It finishes this month?! ... Ugh, I'm starting to hate Maguzi. -_-;;
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Vora Lyoko » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:51 pm

... wrote:

Well they waitied a long time too ya know. So did I, you guys got Season 2 before us...

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:06 pm

Darkborn wrote:I really don't like that Term "Lyoko Warriors" It annoys me somehow..

I thought that's what we always called them though? Or is it just "Team Lyoko"? ^^

Darkborn wrote:Anyway. Too many referances to Older episodes...
"Oh right, and a Giant Chemical Teddy Bear will attack us too" Silly Silly Jimbo..

Actually, I thought that was really funny and clever! Ha...makes one wonder if Jim didn't get some sense of Deja Vu in "TeddyGozilla". X)

... wrote:Yumi: I don't have any friends.

I was like "Awwww Yumi :("

Same here! *hugs poor friend-less Yumi* ^^

Sithking Zero wrote:I didn't like how they excluded Sissi. I mean, she was just trying to save their lives, right? I think that in itself is very noble, and shows off an aspect of her personality that we don't really see all that much of until Season 2.

Yes...the "coming back to save them" was decently noble...but the "Let's shut off the super computer even though I know there's someone in there who'll disappear if we do that" was not so much so, at least in my opinion.

TB3 wrote:B: She blabbed - need I point out that she had just been attacked, quite badly, and her immediate reaction was to try and save the others - that is actually damn noble, even if she did tell Jim and Delmas. The road to hell may be paved with good intentions, but she wanted to help and this was her only option.

The first response Sissi gets to her actions is for Ulrich to call her a traitor - hardly fair, or reasonable - the sad thing is this is one case where Sissi's actions and motives will never be known to the group (the first case of an RTTP wiping out character development), and because of it they treat her spitefully for most of the next two years.

Actually...she did tell them she "came back to save them"...so they knew of her motives somewhat.

I agree on the fact that it would have been hard for her to sneak out of Kadic to get to the Factory...but I kind of found her blabbing everything to be a bit unnescessary...she could have kept it more simple. Perhaps simply telling them that Jeremie, Ulrich and Odd were missing and that they were in danger of electrocution. She didn't have to tell them everything really.

Also...the noble intention of "coming back to save them" is slightly undermined, in my opinion, by the fact that she then proceeded to agree with her father and with Jim that the Super Computer should be shut down, regardless of what that meant for Aelita (which she knew full well).

Now, I'm sure she's not so incredibly unobservant that she wouldn't have noticed Jeremie's attachment to Aelita (much less not heard Ulrich and Odd ribbing him about it)...so there's no explanation for this, and really no excuse. A life is a life...and she was willing to sacrifice one that wasn't her own.

TB3 wrote:PS: If Ulrich's going to continue holding Sissi's actions against her after what he did in 'The Chips Are Down' then he really is a hypocrite. Just my thoughts. :)

Hmmm...to be fair though, Ulrich didn't attempt to sentence someone to death...which in its most blatant form is what Sissi did by insisting that the Super Computer be shut down...and she didn't even sound all that remorseful either...

True Ulrich made a similar suggestion earlier...but he hadn't met Maya yet, and Jeremie hadn't yet explained to him the fact that she was completely sentient (which he did directly after Ulrich said it). Sissi was present when Jeremie explained about Maya being able to think and feel...so she should have known better really...or at least sounded a bit less...happy about it.

Jinnai wrote:

I agree with what they did in not telling Sissy, what bugs me is Ulrich's personal reaction to it though. She had a good cause and yet he just calls her a "rotten traitor" even though he's not exactly the most moral person around either.

"The Chips Are Down" aside...Ulrich really hasn't done anything harmful to someone else's life though. I'm not exactly sure what other morals he's transgressed against though (other than blatant jealousy...and an occasional poor temper *sweatdrop*).

Wooo...so that gets the debating stuff out of the way for me. ^^ Now for the fun stuff!

And the Daytime Emmy Award for best performance goes to:

THE XANA MONSTERS!!! :*D

Seriously, they were hilarious! I'm not sure whether I should be amused or disturbed by the idea of them having slight personalities...but they're tragically funny.

The Blok looking after its partner Blok...who'd just sunk into the Polar Waters...it so had that stunned look of, "Man...well that just stinks."

The Roachsters have stolen the show though. The first two that jump after Aelita (I could just hear the "Giranamo"! ^^)...that's just rotten luck. XD Hilarious though.

And the two in the Ice Cavern were just brilliant. The one Roachster is like, "You want to jump it?", and the other does this curtsy/nod as if to say, "After you"...and I swear the first Roachster shook its head in hopelessness at that. X) And then, when the second one doesn't make it because the ice block flipped over, I swear I have expected it to hold up a "Bye bye" sign, a la Wile E. Coyote...and it bubbled! XDDD

Heh...I believe they more than made up for Yumi's lack of screentime in the first episode with this part. She rocked! And not just in Lyoko too! ;)

The fight scene was clever...and cute. ^_^ And the camera focusing on their hands holding as they ran from the giant electric XANA ball of doom, was awesome. (X

Yuri...lol...Ulrich so deseved that...Baka. ;D

And she only had one fan in Lyoko! Huzzah for continuity!!! :D And Ulrich and Yumi's teamwork there...sa-weet!!! *giggle* Actually, for a change, the two of them stole the show (with the exception of the XANA Monsters) so far as Lyoko scenes were concerned.

You know...one of these days though...Jeremie has got to fix that Lyoko entry landing. *sweatdrop*

It is a shame that we didn't see the rest of them discover their powers and how...and that we got jilted again at seeing Jeremie virtualized. (Whoever it was that suggested a XANA attack where he's forcibly stuffed into a scanner and virtualized...I'm so starting the petition for that...lol... )

I am glad though that the continuity in this episode held up really well. There was no "Theo" randomly appearing in the background, or worse, William, or something like that...and it holds up to what was said in "Franz Hopper" in that they all agreed to keep the Super Computer on. Nicely done! :)

And as always...I was loving the animation, the choreography and motion work seen in Ulrich and Yumi's match being my favorite scene 2D-wise...and the Roachsters being the CG fave. Honestly...I need to give the CGI artists a round of applause...it is no easy feat to animate emotion and basic thought into a character that has no true face. Bravo! :D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Vora Lyoko » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:55 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
The Roachsters have stolen the show though. The first two that jump after Aelita (I could just hear the "Giranamo"! ^^)...that's just rotten luck. XD Hilarious though.

Actually their expressions seem more like "If you ain't going, I am."

The first thing that came out of my mouth when they hopped from ice block to ice block was "Dang....they can hop!" *Sarcastically of course..*

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Blueyedblonde » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:52 am

Mewberries151 wrote:
Darkborn wrote:I really don't like that Term "Lyoko Warriors" It annoys me somehow..

I thought that's what we always called them though? Or is it just "Team Lyoko"? ^^

Darkborn wrote:Anyway. Too many referances to Older episodes...
"Oh right, and a Giant Chemical Teddy Bear will attack us too" Silly Silly Jimbo..

Actually, I thought that was really funny and clever! Ha...makes one wonder if Jim didn't get some sense of Deja Vu in "TeddyGozilla". X)

... wrote:Yumi: I don't have any friends.

I was like "Awwww Yumi :("

Same here! *hugs poor friend-less Yumi* ^^

Sithking Zero wrote:I didn't like how they excluded Sissi. I mean, she was just trying to save their lives, right? I think that in itself is very noble, and shows off an aspect of her personality that we don't really see all that much of until Season 2.

Yes...the "coming back to save them" was decently noble...but the "Let's shut off the super computer even though I know there's someone in there who'll disappear if we do that" was not so much so, at least in my opinion.

TB3 wrote:B: She blabbed - need I point out that she had just been attacked, quite badly, and her immediate reaction was to try and save the others - that is actually damn noble, even if she did tell Jim and Delmas. The road to hell may be paved with good intentions, but she wanted to help and this was her only option.

The first response Sissi gets to her actions is for Ulrich to call her a traitor - hardly fair, or reasonable - the sad thing is this is one case where Sissi's actions and motives will never be known to the group (the first case of an RTTP wiping out character development), and because of it they treat her spitefully for most of the next two years.

Actually...she did tell them she "came back to save them"...so they knew of her motives somewhat.

I agree on the fact that it would have been hard for her to sneak out of Kadic to get to the Factory...but I kind of found her blabbing everything to be a bit unnescessary...she could have kept it more simple. Perhaps simply telling them that Jeremie, Ulrich and Odd were missing and that they were in danger of electrocution. She didn't have to tell them everything really.

Also...the noble intention of "coming back to save them" is slightly undermined, in my opinion, by the fact that she then proceeded to agree with her father and with Jim that the Super Computer should be shut down, regardless of what that meant for Aelita (which she knew full well).

Now, I'm sure she's not so incredibly unobservant that she wouldn't have noticed Jeremie's attachment to Aelita (much less not heard Ulrich and Odd ribbing him about it)...so there's no explanation for this, and really no excuse. A life is a life...and she was willing to sacrifice one that wasn't her own.

TB3 wrote:PS: If Ulrich's going to continue holding Sissi's actions against her after what he did in 'The Chips Are Down' then he really is a hypocrite. Just my thoughts. :)

Hmmm...to be fair though, Ulrich didn't attempt to sentence someone to death...which in its most blatant form is what Sissi did by insisting that the Super Computer be shut down...and she didn't even sound all that remorseful either...

True Ulrich made a similar suggestion earlier...but he hadn't met Maya yet, and Jeremie hadn't yet explained to him the fact that she was completely sentient (which he did directly after Ulrich said it). Sissi was present when Jeremie explained about Maya being able to think and feel...so she should have known better really...or at least sounded a bit less...happy about it.

Jinnai wrote:

"The Chips Are Down" aside...Ulrich really hasn't done anything harmful to someone else's life though. I'm not exactly sure what other morals he's transgressed against though (other than blatant jealousy...and an occasional poor temper *sweatdrop*).

Wooo...so that gets the debating stuff out of the way for me.

Once again, I admire your debating skills. ^__^
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby animenologist » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:20 am

To paraphrase: "It'll only take a few weeks."- Jeremie.

And weeks turn to months and months turn to years, and their adventures to this day continue onward and onward.

Mewberries151 wrote:Actually, I thought that was really funny and clever! Ha...makes one wonder if Jim didn't get some sense of Deja Vu in "TeddyGozilla". X)

5 words. "Return to the past, now." :) Yeah, everything gets screwed up by that, every reset when we don't want occurs, every developement we wish of the secondary characters erased. Unless we go by the whole memory suppression theory instead of the the memory erasure theory, doubtful they'd ever know or care.

Well, now, isn't that a bit unfair. Sure she ratted them out, but from the infirmary scene, she did show a sense of worry and concern. The fact was, she did do the wrong thing for the right reasons. One of the basic things instilled into childhood by parents is to blab when their peers is doing something that is wrong or dangerous. The fact that she blabbed would have been acceptable given entirely different standards, and the fact of the matter that their elders ordered the shutting down of the computer, who to follow, your elders or your peers?

The quick blurb about saying that they've come to save him in the end, probably means little to their judgement of Sissi's actions. And rarely do people care about motives, only actions and consequences. The fact that they even possibly knew her motives means nothing for the scorn they are soon to give, justified or not (which is debateable). Examples, Ulrich in The Chips are Down. Motive was well-meant, but the action caused an uproar. Heck, throughout Season 1, most of her actions were motivated by wants of friendship and affection, but it doesn't mean they won't treat it as the dealings of a imbecilic brat.

Now I agree she could probably get around telling them a whole lot less if she wanted to help them herself. At the very start, they didn't trust her. It took them just to get to the factory before they actually started to take her seriously and if she really wanted to lose them as well as keep the thing a secret, chances are with her that she could do it. But she just have been barbaqued by an electric monster and she doesn't know how to beat it or help Jeremie and the gang beat it. This is prior to finding out that tower deactivation will lead to the monster shutting off. So what is she supposed to do that will help? She can't stop it and she believes her friends can't stop it, how about sending in an adult, someone older, smarter, wiser, stronger, maybe they can stop it.

I also agree that it was very rude and arrogant to agree with the adults so enthusiastically that they should shut down the supercomputer and I'm not forgiving her of the action, but I'd just chalk that up to Sissi being Sissi. If she really wanted to be on their side, she would of done better either to be quiet or better yet, stand up for them, saying how much it truly meant to keep the computer on.

Your last three paragraphs kinda gets into an ethical and philosophical debate. At this point in time, she's still believed to be an AI. Now for the next few thoughts, just try to keep in the POV that this is still pre-Season 1, Season 2-3 never happened and for all intents and purpose, Aelita is an artificially created intelligence. According to the normal guidelines of biology, she isn't in anyway considered a "life". Even if she is an emotional, free thinking individual, she is not considered human and it is arguable that her destruction would not be a loss. We have no current guidelines on how to judge the self-worth of an artificial intelligence, and I wouldn't even be surprised if a good deal of mankind consider them expendable for human safety. After all, if she is created before, surely someone can create her again, to think in the exact same way she does now. Of course this is not the way I truely feel, and I understand feelings of self-worth from creatures that are not human. The point is, the rest of humanity may not agree, and you can't blame Sissi for thinking that way. And even then, they just said shut down the computer. I wonder why they can't shut down the computer, if it has been off for an obviously extensive amount of time. Surely if Aelita has survived all that time, she can survive a shut of for some more until Jeremie got her to safety (albeit, possibly with memory erasure, thats what I would think caused her amnesia if I was in Jeremie's place at the time).

And really, if self-worth of an artificial intelligence is so great a reason that any understandible and clear-thinking human individual would come to the same conclusion that she should be spared, Jeremie and the rest obviously don't believe others like principal Delmas or Jim would understand, thus the whole point of the secret. Others would rather sacrifice the safety of the whole for the cost of a "non-human" life. We already do that with normal humans before in special cases.

Now I agree Sissi at that point in time should not be let into the group, based upon their current goals. The going gets tough for one day and she cries like a canary and that would be non-conducive to what they wish to do. On that basis, she blew her chance to be part of their gang and to stand by their side. That I can understand. But looking back, she didn't deserve their scorn just from this one action (the stuff she does later does that well enough). And who knows, maybe the scorn they shown her is what she reciprocates onto them. She seemed to be very friendly in their company (despite her somewhat brash attitude) when they still considered her a part of the team. She probably may have been less of a jerk if they just didn't ignore her.

As for the episode itself, it was just awesome. Still some questions left untold, probably forever, but I'm satisfied for the moment. Loved the monster antics throughout and a few jokes at the events that soon to follow. Ulrich and Yumi definately were great this episode as they were learning their Lyoko powers, but Odd seemed kinda left out on the action. He didn't show off what made Odd, Odd on Lyoko, his reckless behavior, his acrobatics, his fairly hyper and enthusiastic fighting style. And once again, another oppurtunity lost at showing Jeremie in Lyoko lost. WHY OH WHY MUST YOU TORMENT US JEREMIE FRIENDS WHY!?!?! I guess thats what Jeremie meant when they said the 4 of them restarted Lyoko together, not exactly accurate, but its been 2 years, he could of forgotten the details. Still like to know how Jeremie found out about materialization, the exact details on how ones Lyoko form is chosen, and why they can't shut down the computer now, if it doesn't necessarily kill Aelita. Oh well, these are answers that may never be answered and will always be a mystery.

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes.

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes."
-- Buckminster Fuller
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TB3 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:42 am

Hehe - looks like I kicked off a Sissi debate - mucha gratias to Mew and Animenologist.

I also have a quick though - some suggest that Sissi is a 'traitor' for suggesting turning off the Supercomputer - Animenologist has rightly pointed out that this is NOT tantamount to murder - the memory systems are not power-dependant and Aelita will not be harmed (heck I think they probably DID turn off the supercomputer during holiday periods - do you see the gang running around trying to save the world at Christmas?).

I'd also point out that in two episodes time, chronologically, half the group vote in favour of busting the secret wide open in Seeing is Believing - from their perspective, they are in over their heads and need to tell the authorities.

From Sissi's perspective here it's the exact same thing - it's hard to hold that against her.

And although I agree, she might have been more of a liability at this point to the group, haven't her actions subsequently redeemed her - I'll admit she's done some horrible things, mostly in trying to manipulate the group, but from 'Log Book' onwards she has shown steel, resolve, altruism and trustworthiness. And her courage has climbed as a result.

And this cultimated in Ultimatum - Jodi's favorite episode and one of mine.

On other notes, is it possible that the events of this episode are responsible for substantial developments in the characters:

ULRICH: In ths episode he seems quite confident and self-assured to the point of seeming selfish. However, by Teddygozilla he's a (and I quote Barbara) 'moody sullen twelve-year-old'.

What caused this? Is it possible that first exposure to love (Yumi) and reconsideration of his strongly-held attitudes towards Odd, caused Ulrich to doubt himself and turn introspective, with the general emo-ness following as a result.

SISSI: We've all pointed out how this first rejection by the gang turned her into a brat, but did it also force her to shape up and stop being a ditz - I mean, do we ever see her AGAIN, acting so blatantly stupid. Also it seems that she begins to apply herself, because we know she DOES make Cheerleader by 'Zero Gravity Zone' - just a thought.

AELITA: This Aelita seemed more to me like S2 Aelita than that reserved virtual girl from S1, and her declaration of her name at the end ("Ae-lita!", complete with wink and finger flip) confirmed it.

I think the answer is that she realised people were risking their lives for her, and subsequently felt guilty and toned down her act something - couple this with her Martyr Complex (which we see the roots of here) and her general naivite and you get S1 Aelita.

I'd be interested in knowing what you guys think :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chad Rains » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:36 am

All looks good except one EENSY concern of mine. And that is in regards to the effects had by shutting off the SC. It has been assumed numerous times throughout season 1 and 2 that if it is shut down, Aelita would essentially be 'erased'. While this goes contrary to the beginning of part 1 where Aelita still remains, albeit asleep after turning the SC back on, you would also think that in terms technobabble the group would assume that shutting down the SC would not harm a thing and in a sense kind of 'freeze' things. But then once again, this also kind of contradicts 'Common Interest' a bit where it was shown that Lyoko literally erases itself at shutdown and threatens existence of anyone currently held there.

Mreh. So many contradictions. Any chance of this being already covered in a section of LTT that I missed TB3? If not, maybe a good subject to bring up?
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby TB3 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:50 am

I think the result of Shutting Down Lyoko depends on the circumstances are at the time - in 'Common Interest' the computer was not trying to shut down, but merely prolong its lifespan, hence why the Ice Sector was erased.

A total system shutdown however is basically cutting off all the power in one fell swoop. LTT is shortly going to start discussing Lyoko's Memory and RAM systems but based on current research I suspect that Lyoko uses electrons for data storage, not hard-disks.

With that in mind, current theory is that shutting off the supercomputer will literally 'freeze' the entire operation, and once the power is flipped back on, the whole system can run again from where it left off.

I think this in short is what the kids did when they were all away from Kadic in Seasons One and Two - the fact that all aside from Yumi are boarding students suggests their families live some way away - therefore, when there is no-one around to fight (say when everyone goes home for Christmas), the kids would have had no option BUT to shut the computer down, Aelita and all - the risk otherwise is leaving the whole thing running for several weeks with no-one around to counter XANA should he attack.
Last edited by TB3 on Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Darkness Incarnate » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:22 am

LucyMcGonagle wrote:
Blueyedblonde wrote:I actually think the group did the right thing with Sissi.

If things got to heavy for her she'd go and tell everyone about XANA and Lyoko. Her thoughts to save the other's were well, but the fact that she showed Jim and Delmas where they were, was wrong.
She could have just snuck out, and helped them herself.

... I really liked how in the first half, Yumi fell on Ulrich during training, and then the second half he fell on her. xDDD

"And who's this Chinese girl with you!?"-Sissi
"I'M JAPANESE!!!"-Yumi.

^ That made me laugh. :D

WOOWOO! Odd totally has a crush on Aelita. =D

THat 'japanese' thing made me laugh so hard...I though Yumi was gonna punch Sissy...
Woot!! Chick fight!!! :box:

I say they fight it out in jello.
All your base are belong to us,LOL.
Darkness Incarnate offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Rail Runner » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:54 am

Good pont Teebs...and yes, seeing the girls fight would have been interesting. Its obvious who the winner would have been.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby animenologist » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:50 am

Well I wouldn't think that Sissi started being less a ditz by these episodes anymore than I would think Odd has becoming less of a playboy or a glutton. Examples of Sissi being ditzy:

"It's not a square, its a tempogram"
"We'll bring together our ping and pong energy..."
"Ulrich, stay inside the pentathalon, it won't be able to touch us in there."
Drawing an amazonian flower instead of choosing something more common for her assignment on forest flora.
Drawing a doodle on her physics test.
A 10 on her math exam (atleast Odd got above a 60).
"A pair of prime numbers are 2 numbers that are exactly the same."

Though I don't entirely see the difference between this Aelita and Season 1 Aelita. Her being the most adamant about a shut-off seems something exactly what she would do in Season 1. And Season 1 Aelita has been know to make funny remarks at times, though much less common than Season 2. Examples in Season 1:

"I don't think I can have a friend whose worthless."
Waving at a Krabe as it plunges to its doom on a single standing pillar.
"You know I never sleep, Jeremie."
Odd on top of her, she smiles "Thank you, Odd."

Though definately noticeable difference between Ulrich here and in Season 1.

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes.

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes."
-- Buckminster Fuller
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Rail Runner » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:24 am

I noticed he is more....ummm stubborn. Lets see what today brings..we get into the good stuff today.. ;)
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Darkness Incarnate » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:52 pm

Woot so they are going to be showing s3 today thank god for a sec I thought we were going to be seeing Season0 or something. But what I want to know is was the prequle the same as garage kids the same. I don't think they are but I haven't seen it yet so I don't know.
All your base are belong to us,LOL.
Darkness Incarnate offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Rail Runner » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:58 pm

I havent seen Garage Kids..but from what I am able to tell..they kept a few things the same...based on the prequels..:) I cant wait..only about 3 hours anf 15 minutes left until todays episode.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext