Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:52 am

S3 Episode 14: Xana Awakens - Part 1

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Did it satisfied you?

H*ll yeah!
60%
Good episode, really.
20%
It was okay.
4%
Could have been better.
14%
Waste of my valious time.
2%

Total votes : 50

Postby Evil Ulrich » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:40 pm

MakeYourself wrote:Gonna watch it right now... watch the thread I made at Tech D. to know what I'm talking about.

What topic?
Used to be Tarantula, Krabe General, and RageFireHunter
Evil Ulrich offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby LinkinPark12 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:45 pm

Something scared me, at the beginning with Jeremie he said it was October 9th, my birthday is October 9th!
I was UlrichxYumiFan12, then season 3 ended and I decided to change my username for the time being. Also If I reply to multiple posts, its because I haven't been on for a month and I'm getting used to the site again.
LinkinPark12 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby LadyLucy » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:48 pm

Just a day before mine!! yayzers! Jeremie's a Libra too!!! :D
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Insanity Hero » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:53 pm

I have mix feelings about this episode. Part of me loved it since it was the start of season three and our heroes are back ready to save the world. I was also shocked to see that Sissi was with them during the whole "Hey lets see what happens when we enter Lyoko" instead of Yumi. Seeing how it all first started *besides the very first episode ever made* was starting to answer some of my question.

Now on to the rant part of it. I'm not a huge fan of Odd's hair, or Jeremies new voice but I'll let it pass since it's the starting of the third season. I was unhappy that they didn't show more moments with Yumi in it and instead stuck Sissi in most of the parts, but their unfolding the story so I forgive them. I was mad at the fact that they made Ulrich seem like this cold person AKA emo boy, and it seemed like that he hated this school and having Odd as his room mate was enough to send him into a somewhat hateful person.

That said I'm half and half about this episode. Half loves it, half is so-so about it.
Insanity Hero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Xanadu » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:56 pm

Can any one put this episode on YouTube? (Am I allowed to ask that...)
OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE BRING BACK ODD'S FUTURE FLASH CLUB
Xanadu offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby MY85 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:17 pm

This episode didn't really deserved all the votes for the first option, seriously.

"Let's see what you got under the hood, my friend." Like saying curiosity killed the cat... and it almost happened by the end of the episode.

So Jeremie dubbed the virtual girl as Maia (Mya, Maya... how is it spelled?). Maybe by the next episode he'll call her Aelita or maybe someone else will call her that way.

It's a given that Jeremie was going to be amazed with Lyoko. Really an advanced technology.

Maia: Jeremie, I'm not alone here. There are some enemies.
Jeremie: That's fantastic.

Lol. Then, Jeremie learned that LP can be regenerated inside the tower... no wonder she always was there on the towers.

Odd's new hair wasn't bad... he kinda reminded me of some french football player, can't remember who right now. It didn't sucked. Maybe after seeing himself in Lyoko, he started to use the gel to make his hair go like it does on Lyoko. But in the prequel, he kinda looked like Draco Malfoy.

Jim attacked by a beaver... "You're better off not talking about it."

Ulrich and Yumi's fight recreated that blushing scene on Garage Kids. Kudos to that.

Ulrich gets to be Jeremie's first friend? I missed the emo Ulrich. Jeremie is the one to blame for Ulrich going emo. And materialization was on Jeremie's mind to get Maia on Earth. Desperate, much?

Sissi wants Ulrich so bad... she wanted to get down with him, really.

Kiwi for guinea pig! Hope the PETA doesn't charge against Moonscoop for that scene.

If Joey Styles watched Code Lyoko, he would go like at one instance: Oh my God! Odd just speared Sissi! The episode was getting good after Sissi got speared.

I'm pissed off that Sissi gets to the factory before Yumi did, but she won't be part of the team anymore.

Odd saved Kiwi from the TSV process.

Odd: "Where am I?"
"And why am I dressed up like a giant purple cat?"
"Am I in a videogame?"

Ulrich: "See ya, chicken!"
"Wow, this sword rocks"

Sub-conscient desires for the uniforms... nice thought, Jeremie.

Odd thought he sucked until he shot an arrow. Lol.

Odd almost fell from the tower... Ulrich's holding... they falled down to the Polar Region. And there's blocks and a red tower.

Sissi, Kiwi and Jeremie against wires... so Jeremie's the main priority to get killed before Maia? Good.

A scene from a Season 2 episode was repeated!

Odd saved Ulrich from getting fried. And Jeremie got released from the wires as well.

No ending credit scenes. Meh.

I'm looking forward for tomorrow, anyways. The prequel was good, but not as I really expected.

I'm gonna review it on BKO as well right now. Expect a different view about it.
Last edited by MY85 on Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Saphire-089 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:18 pm

Xanadu wrote:Can any one put this episode on YouTube? (Am I allowed to ask that...)

I don't know, but I Missed it, so I'd like to see this. Sounds intersting enough.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Taelia » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:28 pm

Odd called Sissi a babe and he was on top of her. =D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:37 pm

Taelia wrote:Odd called Sissi a babe and he was on top of her. =D

Odd was in pimp mode, I'm telling you. I wanted to see a threesome between Sissi, Ulrich and Odd... but you don't get that from Cartoon Network, sadly.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Carth » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:40 pm

Ya.

I liked the fluff. But they did rush into the discovery of Lyoko.

Odd's hair should stay that way. Forever.

---

By the way, I'm going to go record the ep onto my camcorder once I finish my essay which I REALLY should be doing. Pics should be up as soon as I get to it. Y'all are lucky that I recharged the battery- it dies nothing flat.
Carth offline

Postby Vora Lyoko » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:51 pm

And now...I HATE the name Maya for some strange reason.

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:53 pm

Hey... the people with BKO access go check my review about this episode. You might crack up or you might disagree.

Code Lyoko didn't handled the prequel really well, and I'm not lying with this.
MY85 offline

Postby LadyLucy » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:54 pm

It's a pretty name...but I like Aelita better. It's something you really never hear...
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:06 pm

Lol...6 pages already? *giggle*

... wrote:And do you realize if Sissi had chosen to go to Lyoko with Ulrich, this would have changed everything? She was so close to joining them in the beginning...It was all up to her.

The irony in that fact alone...amuses me to no end. She had her chance, and she chickened out! X) (Not sure, whether, if it was me, if I'd take her rout or be like Ulrich and figure it can't be all bad...but Sissi did have the choice to learn their "secret". Oh well! ^^ )

... wrote:Sissi in her underwear again. *sniggers*

Rofl...well, that's just a CL staple. It wouldn't be the prequel without having one of those kinds of scenes. X)

I'm Lani and you're not wrote:I LOVE how they had Jeremie back at his S1 voice again! It's like he went through puberty xDD

Same here! It actually sounds most like the voice he had in "Seeing Is Believing", which is the one I feel is just perfectly set between his higher "TeddyGozilla" voice, and the later ones where it's lower.

I find it incredibly amusing that the animators and VAs answered alot of the things we'd been asking. "Jeremie's voice is too low," "Why doesn't Odd ever let his hair down," "Why won't Sissi get a chance to go into Lyoko,"? They aim to please. XD

I'm Lani and you're not wrote:And Yumi was really hot. No, seriously. I love her gym outfit and I am considering making it >D

I liked that gym outfit myself...she should wear more color...and caprees. :D

I'm Lani and you're not wrote:And Odd had his hair down! And from this episode and then looking at Revelation you see that HIS HAIR GREW!!

I can't get enough of his "hair down" look. That is one of the single most awesome fan-service moment I think CL's ever done. ^.^

He looks a tad bit like a darker blond (and purple splotched) Draco Malfoy...which in terms of looks isn't a terribly bad thing. Lol... ^^

I'm Lani and you're not wrote:And I like how like the fact that the supercomputer's like all like "muahah subconcious" and rips out what you want to be... Shows that Odd has an unending desire to be a purple catboy >DDDD

X) True! It's so true! (X

UltimaHedgie wrote:Anyone notice the part where Jim actually TRIES to explain a job of his past this time, but Ulrich and Yumi say that he should've just not talked about it?

Oh yes...that was one of my favorite quotes/moments! (:

I am XANA wrote:Jim was attacked by a beaver.

ROFL!!! And if that doesn't win him "Quote of the Season"...I don't know what will. *snickers insanely*

codeTONY-san wrote:Second, In "Franz Hopper," Jeremie says that the four of them turned on the super compy. But I only counted one. Even after their first encounter with XANA, there were three, not four. Quite the goof.

Actually, that may not yet be a goof. In "Franz Hopper", Jeremie says that all four of them agreed to "turn the super computer back on". Chances are, in part 2, they turn the super computer off momentarily after finding out what's wrong (and about XANA)...and then feel guilty and that it's murder, and all agree to turn it back on.

Odd having his shield, albeit momentarily, in this though, is a continuity goof. (Yes, Moonscoop, we caught that...you can't trick us.XD )

Stonecreek wrote:Yes, Maya is some design software, aside from being Aelita's name in the prequel.

Maya is a CGI animation software...and also the same one used to do the CGI in Code Lyoko, if I'm not mistaken. *winks*

Way to give kudos where they're due, Moonscoop! :D

As for what else I can say about the prequel. Loved it! Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Ulrich finding Odd annoying at first...really doesn't surprise me at all. Ulrich's not an extrovert like Odd is...Odd also allowed his dog to trash Ulrich's stuff...and leave a present on his bed. If that doesn't justify finding someone irritating, then I don't know what. Likely Odd saves his tushie later though or something, and Ulrich realizes he's not so bad a guy.

Stealing Kiwi though...I can't even get mad...mostly because I'd have loved to see Kiwi virtualized.

Dangit, though, Jeremie, next time you need a guinea pig for virtualization...GO IN YOURSELF!!! ('Cuz we want to see what ya look like. ;) )

Yumi rocked, for the length of time she was in this part, she absolutely stole the scenes she was in. I saw the match of her against Ulrich coming a mile away (I'd actually been hoping that that was how they met...because it just makes sense and I can't really imagine them meeting any other way. ^^)

Sissi...eh...I'm not really one of those in support of having her join the team anyway...so no disappointments there...I actually found it vaguely awkward to see her in the Factory like that. ^^;

Moving on...

Jeremie's whole "prologue" was efficient in quickly brushing past how they found the Factory and the secret passages. It's terribly amusing though that he was using the Factory's scrap metal for his robots...isn't that stealing? (Lol)

Without a doubt, my favorite scene though is when Jeremie takes Ulrich to the Factory. Watching his expressions, and his gestures...and watching him spin around and play in that spiffy chair Jeremie gets to sit in all the time just took the cake! It was so cute! ^.^ Not to mention, that's so what I would love to do (that chair looks fun ^^ ).

Actually, Ulrich, in general, was being terribly cute. *giggle*

The only thing I wish they had done differently, if even briefly, would have been to have Ulrich virtualize in his GK outfit...and then have him complain to Jeremie to change it to what it is in the rest of CL. That would have made my day. (RETURN OF THE PANTALOONS!) :*D

Awesome, awesome, awesome. I can't wait for the next episode. :)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Vora Lyoko » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:16 pm

*giggles girlishy at Mews Post*

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:17 pm

OH MAN I WANTED THAT. GIVE US PANTALOONS.

Can't record the ep tonight. No time. Will do in morning. Pics up as soon as provider is found for several hundred files. Will then do Part 2. Hope camcorder battery lasts that long.
Carth offline

Postby DL » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:22 pm

Don't worry it was a bit dissapointing. I definately saw it being cooler in my mind. But just the same it kicked major *ss. It was weird....oh well. Can't wait for tomorrow. :)

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Agent_Marquez » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:26 pm

Although some elements of Garage Kids were re-done, which was nice, I just think that somehow this episode could have been done in a better way. I enjoyed the show, but after hours of watching it, I realized that the prequel wasn't the way it went. The prequel wasn't as dark as Garage Kids was and I was really hoping for this episode to be somehow darker and serious, but it didn't went that way.

The begining was something you can believe that it would have happen. I laughed a bit at Odd's new hairstyle. That seemed somehow weird, in few words. I wonder how that would have gone in Lyoko.

But the reactions for a first time being at Lyoko and Maya, Odd and Ulrich's reactions towards it were awesome and something I would believe.

I also enjoyed seeing Sissi in this episode. And Yumi didn't showed up that much. But hey, we can hope for more Yumi showing up tomorrow.
A Requiem To Our Homeland - Stand-by

Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
- William Shakespeare
Agent_Marquez offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Reesane » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:31 pm

XANA was probubly terably anoyed when he woke up. (Can you imajen waking up to find that someone you don't know is trying on your socks..... and then barrows a pair? bah. bad simaly. call the metafor police.) So he responds in a way only he would...

Odd with his hair down: I thought it looked shorter than usal......

Jim: Best one-liner ever. Must add to sig. must send to whoes line is it any way for that pull-line-out-of-pocit game :*D
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby 2 the infirmary! » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:43 pm

Excuse me, I just have one thing to say...

Well good for MoonScoop.

They could have gone on right ahead after season 2 w/out prequel, but instead they show how everything got started. not enough shows do that anymore.

I've always wondered how the Lyoko thing got started. This prequel season will tell us. Yet, unlike most prequel seasons, this prequel season will/could actually reveal some important information about season four.

I'll say it agian. Good for MoonScoop. What a great move on their part.

-TTI!
Formerly "To the infirmary!"

You are coming to a sad realization, cancel or allow?
2 the infirmary! offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Chosen_one » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:55 pm

MakeYourself, that first post was like the most beautiful message I've ever seen on Lyoko Freak.

My television gets way too much static from Cartoon Network so I only watched half of it. I caught like three sentences. It's a good thing I recorded it.

Aelita looked really cool (and creepy) while inactive.
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Reesane » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:09 pm

Chosen_one wrote:Aelita looked really cool (and creepy) while inactive.

She did indead. O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:10 pm

I hated the way the school bell sounded. I liked the old one better.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Movie-Man » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:47 pm

I think Xana was probably waiting to attack ever since he was shut down before so he was probably thinking "Once again, I' am reborn!"
"Return to the past now!"-Jeremy
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Reesane » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:51 pm

I think that XANA wast thinking.... Somthing along the lines of "What the (insert exclamation) are you doing! stop! I SAID STOP! *atempts to kill jeremie*". ;)

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

PreviousNext