Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:02 pm

S3 Episode 14: Xana Awakens - Part 1

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Did it satisfied you?

H*ll yeah!
60%
Good episode, really.
20%
It was okay.
4%
Could have been better.
14%
Waste of my valious time.
2%

Total votes : 50

Postby Ghost Guest » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:52 pm

Taelia wrote:I hated the way the school bell sounded. I liked the old one better.

Technically, that is the old one.

I LOVED it. I enjoyed how Xana tried to kill Jeremie right from the start (and he's my favorite character). It was fun to see how Jeremie began the adventure by himself and later the other characters were introduced. Yumi didn't do much though, but that's okay, I'm sure she will have a lot to do in part 2. Besides, the fact that the story went different from what people expected is great. Truth is, I like it better this way. But that's just my opinion.

Also, I'm glad they didn't use the same "Aelita on the Screen" scenes from Season 1.
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Rail Runner » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:13 pm

I enjoyed the sector presentation, it was interesting...cant wait to see what happens tomorrow though.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Movie-Man » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:34 pm

Reesane wrote:I think that XANA wast thinking.... Somthing along the lines of "What the (insert exclamation) are you doing! stop! I SAID STOP! *atempts to kill jeremie*". ;)

Well Xana is bent on world conquest or something and probably wanted to finish what he started.
"Return to the past now!"-Jeremy
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Rail Runner » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:36 pm

Well...he certainly didnt succeed...lets see what tomorrow brings.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:55 pm

i can't wait...hopefully they'll bring Yumi in more...
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:23 am

I am sure that tomorrow, that is exactly what they will do.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby codeTONY » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:25 am

I bet Ulrich is the one that gives him hair gel and tells him that his hair on Lyoko is much cooler. That's how Ulrich knows what's in the hair gel in later eps. And how could Odd possibly see how his hair looks on Lyoko?
OMG Japanese desu yo ( ^.^)( -.-)( _ _)
I am the 334th user here on LF. bee tee dubs.
gay | UxO, UxW shipper | artist | writer |musician | trilingual | cosplayer | Otakon '07 attendee as Odd~ | ConnectiCon '09 attendee | Avatard | Odd's boy
My LJ!

♪♫♥
codeTONY offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Rail Runner » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:28 am

Once again..reflections in the ice sector probably.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby codeTONY » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:31 am

Once again... no. All of the ice is white.

Heehee, J/K. I dunno, but Ulrich prolly thinks Odd's hair is stupid anyways. 'Sides, where would Odd suddenly get hair gel? They aren't allowed off campus, and I'm pretty sure Ulrich uses hair gel.
gay | UxO, UxW shipper | artist | writer |musician | trilingual | cosplayer | Otakon '07 attendee as Odd~ | ConnectiCon '09 attendee | Avatard | Odd's boy
My LJ!

♪♫♥
codeTONY offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Rail Runner » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:38 am

Well...he would have to use gel to keep his hair in that shape its in...Ulrich's hair when wet is different..but then again thats obvious.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby codeTONY » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:44 am

Maybe..not
My LJ!

♪♫♥
codeTONY offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Rail Runner » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:50 am

regardless...Xana's attack was weird....but interesting at the same time.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:55 am

it was so scattered and random...it was so different than from the normal, planned out, attack we usually see....

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby codeTONY » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:56 am

Yeah, what was that? Attack Jeremie through every eletric thing he touches?
My LJ!

♪♫♥
codeTONY offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:58 am

Carthage Resident #2 wrote:OH MAN I WANTED THAT. GIVE US PANTALOONS.

XD Yesss...the preciousssss.... X)

Ha...I just realized another GK reference is in this...Odd asks about there being "cool/hot chicks" at the school. Hmmm...now where have I heard that before? ;D

MakeYourself wrote:This episode didn't really deserved all the votes for the first option, seriously.

"Let's see what you got under the hood, my friend." Like saying curiosity killed the cat... and it almost happened by the end of the episode.

I'll admit it...I shouted, "GEEK!" at that. XD I meant it in the most affectionate and non-insulting way possible though. X)

As to whether or not the episode deserves the votes it got...eh, to each his own. One can please some of the people some of the time...but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

There were things about the prequel that some were bound to dislike, and others really love. That's what makes it fun to discuss though. ^^

MakeYourself wrote:So Jeremie dubbed the virtual girl as Maia (Mya, Maya... how is it spelled?). Maybe by the next episode he'll call her Aelita or maybe someone else will call her that way.

She'll probably figure it out herself most likely...when she puts in the Lyoko code in one of the towers...that seems to be the given theory now. ;)

MakeYourself wrote:Maia: Jeremie, I'm not alone here. There are some enemies.
Jeremie: That's fantastic.

Actually...I think Aelita's line was that, "There are some other creatures living here." To which sense, Jeremie's response doesn't sound off-character. ^^

And huzzah for Roachster fan service! :D

MakeYourself wrote:Odd's new hair wasn't bad... he kinda reminded me of some french football player, can't remember who right now. It didn't sucked. Maybe after seeing himself in Lyoko, he started to use the gel to make his hair go like it does on Lyoko. But in the prequel, he kinda looked like Draco Malfoy.

*highfives on the Draco Malfoy part* Indeed! He really did look like him! XD

MakeYourself wrote:Jim attacked by a beaver... "You're better off not talking about it."

I need to find the exact quote for that "attacked by a killer beaver" line...I want to put that in a journal entry, or siggie...or something. :*D

MakeYourself wrote:Ulrich and Yumi's fight recreated that blushing scene on Garage Kids. Kudos to that.

Here here. :)

MakeYourself wrote:Ulrich gets to be Jeremie's first friend? I missed the emo Ulrich. Jeremie is the one to blame for Ulrich going emo. And materialization was on Jeremie's mind to get Maia on Earth. Desperate, much?

Hmmm...considering she had no memory at the time, and so far as the both of them knew, she was trapped in there, it seems like a logical course of action...none of them knew about XANA yet, mind you. ^^

As for Ulrich and Jeremie...that doesn't bother me. I know the conventional idea is that Yumi was Jeremie's first friend, but again, these are based either on fan stories...or on the possible hints of the "credit pics" from GK...so nothing was ever solid on that.

As for Ulrich being emo...why does everybody dub him emo? He doesn't strike me as emo at all.... ^^;

MakeYourself wrote:Kiwi for guinea pig! Hope the PETA doesn't charge against Moonscoop for that scene.

Well...considering the Russians first sent a dog into space...having a dog being the first to be virtualized would have made poetic sense.

I doubt PETA or the SPCA will care...it's a cartoon, so no real animals were harmed in the making of it. Otherwise they'd have been nailed for episodes like "Plagued" and "Vertigo"...particularly "Vertigo" since wolves are generally a "threatened species". ^^;

MakeYourself wrote:"Wow, this sword rocks"

Sub-conscient desires for the uniforms... nice thought, Jeremie.

Indeed! :D And that was a great line. X)

MakeYourself wrote:Odd thought he sucked until he shot an arrow. Lol.

Ha...and Ulrich's Matrix-esque dodge aside...lol...classic. XD

MakeYourself wrote:Sissi, Kiwi and Jeremie against wires... so Jeremie's the main priority to get killed before Maia? Good.

Well...by then, Ulrich had already pinned him as having a crush on Maya (lol)...so it goes without saying he's already going to try and protect her. ^^

MakeYourself wrote:A scene from a Season 2 episode was repeated!

Seriously? Which one?

MakeYourself wrote:No ending credit scenes. Meh.

Miguzi never plays end credits for its shows...I kind of don't like that about it. ^^;
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby codeTONY » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:03 am

Mewberries151 wrote:

Seriously? Which one?

Yeah... I missed that.
My LJ!

♪♫♥
codeTONY offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MY85 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:24 am

Mewberries151 wrote:Ha...I just realized another GK reference is in this...Odd asks about there being "cool/hot chicks" at the school. Hmmm...now where have I heard that before? ;D

Yeah... but CL Odd was more encouraged to want girls and his hairstyle gave me more pimp style rather than making him look gay. I liked his new hairstyle.

Mewberries151 wrote:There were things about the prequel that some were bound to dislike, and others really love. That's what makes it fun to discuss though. ^^

Yeah...

Mewberries151 wrote:
MakeYourself wrote:So Jeremie dubbed the virtual girl as Maia (Mya, Maya... how is it spelled?). Maybe by the next episode he'll call her Aelita or maybe someone else will call her that way.

She'll probably figure it out herself most likely...when she puts in the Lyoko code in one of the towers...that seems to be the given theory now. ;)

Good point. Never thought of that.

Mewberries151 wrote:
MakeYourself wrote:Jim attacked by a beaver... "You're better off not talking about it."

I need to find the exact quote for that "attacked by a killer beaver" line...I want to put that in a journal entry, or siggie...or something. :*D

Lol... what's the worst or most corny thing Jim can do?

Mewberries151 wrote:As for Ulrich and Jeremie...that doesn't bother me. I know the conventional idea is that Yumi was Jeremie's first friend, but again, these are based either on fan stories...or on the possible hints of the "credit pics" from GK...so nothing was ever solid on that.

You got a point on Yumi being Jeremie's first friend. It would have been something more logical... but Jeremie's the loner type, so the way he got to be an ally with Ulrich worked well.

Mewberries151 wrote:
MakeYourself wrote:Kiwi for guinea pig! Hope the PETA doesn't charge against Moonscoop for that scene.

Well...considering the Russians first sent a dog into space...having a dog being the first to be virtualized would have made poetic sense.

I doubt PETA or the SPCA will care...it's a cartoon, so no real animals were harmed in the making of it. Otherwise they'd have been nailed for episodes like "Plagued" and "Vertigo"...particularly "Vertigo" since wolves are generally a "threatened species". ^^;

Lol... but I thought of PETA after Ulrich grabbed Kiwi to go as the guinea pig instead of him and Jeremie going to Lyoko for the first time.

Mewberries151 wrote:
MakeYourself wrote:No ending credit scenes. Meh.

Miguzi never plays end credits for its shows...I kind of don't like that about it. ^^;

That sucks.

codeTONY-san wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:

Seriously? Which one?

Yeah... I missed that.

That scene in the Polar Region where Ulrich jumps and goes doing a flying kick and extending his sword to kill off a block.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Movie-Man » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:25 am

Virtualized STI wrote:regardless...Xana's attack was weird....but interesting at the same time.

Well he's just starting so he probably wanted to do something small until a RTTP trip activates in order to make himself stronger.
"Return to the past now!"-Jeremy
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby codeTONY » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:27 am

MakeYourself wrote:
codeTONY-san wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:

Seriously? Which one?

Yeah... I missed that.

That scene in the Polar Region where Ulrich jumps and goes doing a flying kick and extending his sword to kill off a block.

Oh, yeah. They use that so much, it passed me. 'Sides, that's his signature move.
My LJ!

♪♫♥
codeTONY offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Rail Runner » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:39 am

I noticed that Odd has a signature move too......macking on girls.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:40 am

Oh yeah...the most girl-crazy guy EVER!!!

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:56 am

I am just glad that Odd wont be the same way for long..haha.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TL. » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:36 am

Just watched it! Thank you techlinks!

Well Sissy blew her chance...and we know where Jim got his famous line from. :D

Roll on Part 2!
THIS IS MY FORUM NOW!

ALL WHO DEFY ME, SHALL BE DESTROYED!
TL. offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Rail Runner » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:53 am

Now I am sorta glad that Jim doesnt talk about his past much haha.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:25 am

Hehe - well another part of Jim's past is hinted at in a later ep - either that or he has really weird dreams.

On other notes - PHEW! It was a relief to finally see this episode, and see some of the things I've known about for a month - Odd's hair, Sissi's chance, Ulrich's whack at animal testing! :P

Nice analyses by Mew and MakeYourself as well - kudos guys.

ROLL ON PART 2! :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext