Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:26 am

S3 Episode 14: Xana Awakens - Part 1

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Did it satisfied you?

H*ll yeah!
60%
Good episode, really.
20%
It was okay.
4%
Could have been better.
14%
Waste of my valious time.
2%

Total votes : 50

Postby Jeremified » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:33 pm

I just HAVE to take a screeny of Odd with his hair down. TOO COOL!
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Evil Ulrich » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:40 pm

Me too.
Used to be Tarantula, Krabe General, and RageFireHunter
Evil Ulrich offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby cuttyyumi » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:38 am

odd's hair is so much cooler when it's up than down it looked weird :)
cuttyyumi offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Dark Yumi2006 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:21 pm

Good ep so far. I sorta understand it. I'[m watching it in the french prerext. but its awesome so far. However I'm not too crazy about the voices. they are a bit wierd, but fitting. Odd sounds like a girl and Yumi has a weird voice. I prefere the english cast. I'll get back to you once I watch both parts. I'm really hooked!!! Thanks!!! :)
Dark Yumi2006 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Dark Yumi2006 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:43 pm

actually..loved it..totally loved it!!!!!! Odd was hilarious when he made that video of Jim. Plus Aelita using power to kill that monster was so cool. Yeah..my final verdict is..love it. I need to see it in english now though.
Dark Yumi2006 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby knifey » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:47 pm

Okay, Dark Yumi2006, please, please, <I>pleease</I>, make a newbie thread, don't double post, and fix your typing a bit. It's rather messy.

(Oh no, I posted here enough times already so posting again will result in spam. Darnit!)
:hatguy: pew pew lazorz
psn profile
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:47 pm

Umm...heh, I know you're new, but please don't double post. It's against the rules. ^^ Thanks. :)

By the way, you should make a newbie thread for yourself if you haven't already. That way we can all greet you properly. ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:54 pm

KnifeShock wrote:Okay, Dark Yumi2006, please, please, <I>pleease</I>, make a newbie thread, don't double post, and fix your typing a bit. It's rather messy.

(Oh no, I posted here enough times already so posting again will result in spam. Darnit!)

*dry* You've asked her to make a newbie thread so many times it probably counts as spam.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Dark Yumi2006 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:14 pm

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:43 pm
I'm sorry!!! And I did make a post.

Post Merge Point made by MakeYourself

I'm excited I got to see the backstory of how the gang met. It really answered alot of the questions lingering on my mind.
It was a cool episode, especially when Odd and Ulrich virtulized for the first time.
And I was surprised Jeremy called Aelita "Maya."i guess her name changed later on in the series. no biggie thought
I saw the ep today. I can't wait until part two to see how and when Yumi makes her trip to Lyoko. Should be great!!!
Dark Yumi2006 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:10 am

You know, Maya was the name of Molly(AKA Eva)'s Mother in Oban Star Racers... And sha and Aelita seem to shaire the markings on the face... Mabey Jeremie's an Oban fan?

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:17 pm

Too early. Oban wouldn't have been out in 2004.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tekirai » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:44 pm

Maya's the name of the program they used to animate the show with early on, but then they changed it to what they animated Garage Kids with after season 1.

I think. xD;; I dunno, I'm useless at references.
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:48 pm

As well as the name of the Yellow Lost Galaxy Power Ranger (herself a girl from another world).
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:09 pm

Tekirai wrote:Maya's the name of the program they used to animate the show with early on, but then they changed it to what they animated Garage Kids with after season 1.

I think. xD;; I dunno, I'm useless at references.

It's the other way around actually, I think. They used to use motion-capture and other CGI programs for the CG in season 1, and then switched to using Maya in seasons 2 and 3, thanks to a bigger budget for animation. ^^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Reploid CB » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:50 pm

*blinks* Really? That's cool ^^ And a nice little inside(ish) reference, too xD ^^
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:09 pm

Cassius335 wrote:Too early. Oban wouldn't have been out in 2004.

And who says that it was in 2004? Sure, it was released in 2004, but it wasn't written in 2004. Now, it coul been 2006, then 2007 at the last season.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:01 pm

Go look at the "dates and stuff" Thread.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TheLQ » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:18 pm

Wow, first time seeing CL in years (thanks Carth!). Here are my thoughts for the second time.

What I find so weird is how Jeremie found out all these different things about Lyoko when he didn't have Franz Hopper's diary yet, unless all the commands had a man page :D (*nix users will get this, windows users won't). And never throughout any of the fighting did they tell each other that the only way to kill the monsters was to hit them in the Xana eye logo thing. Alot of the stuff just seemed random, all expecting the viewer to know everything beforehand. If a person was just to watch CL starting with the Prequal, alot of questions would of been left unanswered.

But it did answer alot of our questions on how they started knowing all of this. It was almost like Star Wars where they started literally in the MIDDLE of the story.

So, my 4 year rating: 6/10.
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby OhTheIrony » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:54 am

it's one of my favorite episodes because you get to see the beginning of everything.
like you get to see how the supercomputer was found and how the gang met and everything.

OhTheIrony offline
New Kid
New Kid

Location: Somewhere trying to figure out how to virtualize myself on a supercomputer to a world named Lyoko

Postby Taelia » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:45 am

And Sissi being part of the group originally, and Odd flirting with her. ;)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Shark » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:23 pm

Ah, nostalgia... I remember when this first aired, I was so excited! I was thinking "This isn't season 3; this is the first episode! ...Only not the first episode... Hey, this getting interesting. *sits back and continues watching*" I always wondered, when you first see Jeremie sliding down the rope into the factory, how does he not get friction burns from that? I know it's supposed to be "suspension of disbelief" but... Guess I'm just nit-picking... Anyway, great start to a series, even if started in a later season, if that makes any sense.

EDIT:
I noticed something while watching the French version of this episode. In the beginning when Jeremie introduces himself, he says "Elève de quatrième au collège Kadic" which roughly translates to "fourth grade student at Kadic Academy" In the English version, he's says he's in eighth grade. So, I'm a little confused... Is he in fourth grade or eighth grade?
Shark offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:36 pm

Quatrieme actually means "fourth year".
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Shark » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:10 pm

Ah, I understand now. Thanks :)
Without music, life would B-flat
Shark offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby desincarnation » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:30 pm

French education system is different than American. That's why. Check this chart out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:EducationFr.svg

As for the episode itself.. I haven't watched it in a long time. However, I recall I didn't like it that much.

What I find so weird is how Jeremie found out all these different things about Lyoko when he didn't have Franz Hopper's diary yet, unless all the commands had a man page (*nix users will get this, windows users won't).

Agreed... he figured it all out in, like, 2 days or so? It wasn't really explained how long it took him to figure everything out, though... I doubt that Franz created man pages for his Lyoko commands if he did not intend them to be used by anyone but him.
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Previous