Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:06 am

S3 Episode 4: Fausse Piste (False Lead)

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

A Fresh Direction or a False Lead

Uranium, Anthrax, Terrorism - CL has grown up! 10/10
56%
Megatanks, YAY! 8/10
29%
Meh 6/10
3%
Not even we know who we really are - yeah guys, sure you don't 4/10
9%
More Phoney than Jim's Resume 2/10
No votes
Deadder than Jean-Pierre! 0/10
3%

Total votes : 34

Postby Taelia » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:14 pm

This episode was half lame and half awesome.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:18 pm

Carthage Resident #2 wrote:Yay for Hiroki! Not much yay for Jean-Pierre.

So it was still called Jean-Pierre?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:26 pm

Yeah, even after the return trip. I see it as an OddSissi thing. ;)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Briana » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:26 pm

Pretty good episode.

Poor Jean-Pierre.POO ON YOU HIROKI,POO ON YOU. Dx
I'm Insanity Hero's sidekick. Yes.
~~Member Of The Let's All Go Punch Ulrich's Dad Club.~~
Briana offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Haruno Sakura » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:34 pm

OMG this episode rocked! 1000000 infinity/10! I loved it.

The battle in Code Lyoko was too awesome for words. OMG Aelita, is so awesome! She owned the megatank laser thing. The red laser cracked like a mirror! I was like, "OMGZ NO WAYZ!" Then she totally saved Yumi's life! Then she turned her Energy Field into some sort of shield and held back the laser... just like Ulrich. xD

Yumi was awesome too. Her little flippedy flips and using her Telekinesis to save Odd! Your rock Yumi! I don't know what I could've done if Odd was gone... *sniff* ^^;;;

Odd was awesome and funny in this episode. (When is he not) Haha, that Tomagatchi (If thats how you spell it) was hilarious! Haha, Odd naming the Tomagatchi, 'Jean-Pierre' was totally awesome. xDD

Those agent guys in the black suit freaked me out. Especially that one with the high pitched voice... *twitch*

Dude! The megatanks have a new power. Yumi owned it though. OWNED IT. ^^;;; The end was awesome. They were all sneaking the Tomagatchi away from odd. Haha. I especially loved the part where Yumi said, "Don't worry Odd. Jean-Pierre is in good hands." Then it shows that Hiroki killed Jean. xDDD Then he threw it in the street, and it immediately was run over by a car. xDDD

This. Episode. Was. Awesome.
I am Haruno Sakura.
Haruno Sakura offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Location: Mc Donalds! The ones who started it all... Hormone injected food baby!

Postby dr xana » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:06 pm

that episode was hilarious. nice job discreetly hiding thoes cameras jim :arg:
"Knowing what normal is im proud to be strange!"
-me
:ImageImage
http://www.runescape.com
Doom time!
dr xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Carth » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:36 pm

IIIIITS JEAN-PIERRE!

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/41197843/

...yeah.

What the ell. XD
Carth offline

Postby Vora Lyoko » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:33 pm

OOOKK...? *stares at Carthage's Residents #2 picture.*

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Sithking Zero » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:30 pm

Wait- Jean-Pierre's a tomigotchi?

Thank god! I thought that you guys were talking about Sissi's dad! (haven't seen the episode yet, don't hurt me...) :no:
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:42 pm

Ultimahedgie wrote:Here's another irony--it takes place in France, but they still reference 'The President.' Doesn't France have a Prime Minister, not a President?

Ahem... they have both. Jacques Chiriac is the President and Dominique de Villepin is the Prime Minister. France is a Republic, mind you.

And I knew this episode would rock more in English. It wasn't as dull as Tidal Wave, I must say. But it had comedy, action, some bits of suspense and even if it didn't had much plot development, I tend to think watching this episode was treat after seeing Tidal Wave.

Man... the white agent sounded kinda like gay and robotic at the same time, I'm telling you. And also, for laughing's sake, you have to laugh at Odd not for falling to this prank on the Tamagochi, but for how he got concerned about that piece of crap. It was priceless.

Jeremie called the Tamagochi a "Piece of plastic with no feelings". I would have liked somehow that Odd just would have snapped and defended his Tamagochi by saying something offensive about Aelita or something among the lines that Sissi was right about shutting down the supercomputer when they had the chance. I would have killed to see them fighting against each other. But we don't get that thanks to that 7-year old ratings. Meh.

Odd: Doesn't Xana even take a little lunch break? Wow... I think there was a good reason to get rid of his Tamagochi, now that I've watched this episode.

Ahh... Ulrich got guided by Aelita when he used the supercomputer. And I was gonna give him some credit for using it better than Odd. Heh.

Something else... Jeremie can land well by swinging the ropes in a non-calmed way? Heh, then how can't he perform sports at school well? He can run, but... nevermind.

Otherwise... with all that this episode had, it gets to be one of the best of Season 3 so far. I just hope the episode after Aelita comes out better... but I might miss that one.
Last edited by MY85 on Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Sithking Zero » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:04 pm

I liked how incompetant that Jim was at hiding the cameras. :) Finally got to see the episode! YAY!

Thank god for Tivo. Anyway...

I used to have a tomigotchi like Odd did, and I sympathize with him. I cried when it got called up to the great electronic trash can in the sky...

And furthermore, what year does the Code: lyoko universe take place in? I mean, tomigotchis were popular when I was eight or nine, or something like that.

I think that this is my favorite episode of the new season, personally.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vora Lyoko » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:07 pm

MakeYourself wrote: Hope the episode after Aelita comes out better..

Well...the OxA shippers might like it, based on info I've heard.... >:s (Anyone notice how I HATE Non-Canon couples?)

But alas, this episode really was a treat compared to "Tidal Wave".

EDIT:

Sithking Zero wrote:I think that this is my favorite episode of the new season, personally.

Ah-Uh-Ah. YOu never know what the other episdoes might bring. (Either good stuff or plain Kiddie stuff. BRING UP THE RATING.)

Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby 2 the infirmary! » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:27 pm

This probably was the best CL episode ever for all of the wrong reasons.

It had no major developments on multi-episode plots, and no development on any love stories. it was almost like an episode disconnected from the rest of the season.

This made it unique. This made it the best.

Sometimes we want to know so much so quickly, that we miss out on some of the more comical and interesting adventures on CL. This was one that hopefully snapped people out of their Franz Hopper-crazy daze.

10 Things that made this episode the best:

1. The Tomogachi (sp?), just another fun connection between life and the show. Out of many, this was the best. It just worked.
2. More of Jim's antics. Secret Service and TV Camera, are we up to 30 jobs now? Not good on a resume.
3. HAHHAH!!! Odd actually does not enjoy his food! OMG! That dang tomagachi must have him messed up in the head.
4. The various lines of the secret service. (Exemplifying that military intelligence really is an oxymoron) PS: The Secret Service guy that was on helium. I thought that stuff wasn't good for you in large quantaties. The VA is probably in a coma now.
5. Xana's tactics. Genius. Hurray for the writers.
6. The cruel and/or comical irony. Of Jean Pierre's and the ep title, another thing that makes CL special.
7. The battle scenes on and off Lyoko. Very classic. Very exciting. High risk.
8. New developments on Lyoko. Is it just me or has the virtual sea actually begun to look like a sea now? And the return of the megatanks. How classy, they are my favorite monsters by far. I love the new move on the side and by Aelita. Hurray for ramps! It's BMX Lyoko!
9. More of Xana trying to destroy his previous self by using someone else. So much fun to watch people spit purple electricity, I don't know why.
10. The ending. Pretty classic how it sums everything up nicely. The jokes, the action, etc. Sealed the deal for title of best ep.

All in all, the episode made me realize something.

Sometimes when you have a much more revealing and important episode, it disrupts the plot of the episode itself. This one just clicked, and was definitely the best episode of CL ever created. I feel kind of stupid now that I want the answers instead of the journey that brings them to you.

I was a little disappointed at season 3 at first. I was also disappointed at LyokoFreak. In truth, CL was not getting worse, we wer just being too impatient and forgetting what drew us to the show in the first place.

Now I am simply elated that CL still has everything it had before, if not more. I cannot wait for what tomorrow may bring.

Thanks for the ep, Code Lyoko. We needed this one. It was a reminder of what you really are.
Formerly "To the infirmary!"

You are coming to a sad realization, cancel or allow?
2 the infirmary! offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby AmericanLyokoTeam » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:01 am

I was underwhelmed, mostly by the goofy antics of what should have been calm cool collected super-agent types. You bully respectable adult types subtly, not by grabbing collars. Squeeky voice agent probably ammused the kids but lordy was I ever glad when XANA took over and SHUT HIM UP. The posession was pretty good, and XANA sure had his Lyoko A game going with the megatanks. It's odd, but I detect the hint of an unresolved plot line, with XANA surely being the one behind the hack without turning on a tower. Chaos caused by conventional internet connection without any use of tower/the supercomp perhaps? Perhaps thats what Jeremie's alert detected when there was no activated tower the first time.
R.I.P. in peace, Polar and Forest sectors 2003-2013
AmericanLyokoTeam offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby LadyChaos » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:51 am

to the infirmary! wrote:2. More of Jim's antics. Secret Service and TV Camera, are we up to 30 jobs now? Not good on a resume.

We should start up a list of all the jobs he's mentioned having...

to the infirmary! wrote:4. The various lines of the secret service. (Exemplifying that military intelligence really is an oxymoron) PS: The Secret Service guy that was on helium. I thought that stuff wasn't good for you in large quantaties. The VA is probably in a coma now.

It is bad for you in large quantities. I think they might have done something to change the sound of his voice. I know in old Looney Tunes cartoons they would speed up the tape for characters like Tweety to give the character a higher pitch. And I'm sure that there are more technologically advanced ways now.

to the infirmary! wrote:10. The ending. Pretty classic how it sums everything up nicely. The jokes, the action, etc. Sealed the deal for title of best ep.

I liked that Odd set up a camera to catch the thief, and I'm sure that Ulrich must have known about it, yet they still carried through with their plan. Guess it was just too annoying to NOT get rid of it. And Yumi giving the Tamagotchi to Hiroki and him throwing it away at the end... :D Just not the kind of game he likes apparently.

I liked this episode, one of the better ones.
not gonna bother coming back

LadyChaos offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MY85 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:59 am

AmericanLyokoTeam wrote:Squeeky voice agent probably ammused the kids but lordy was I ever glad when XANA took over and SHUT HIM UP.

Agreed. He sounded pretty worse in English than in French, although I can't remember the English voice right now.

LadyChaos wrote:
to the infirmary! wrote:4. The various lines of the secret service. (Exemplifying that military intelligence really is an oxymoron) PS: The Secret Service guy that was on helium. I thought that stuff wasn't good for you in large quantaties. The VA is probably in a coma now.

It is bad for you in large quantities. I think they might have done something to change the sound of his voice. I know in old Looney Tunes cartoons they would speed up the tape for characters like Tweety to give the character a higher pitch. And I'm sure that there are more technologically advanced ways now.

I'll agree with this opinion as well.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby TB3 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:33 am

MakeYourself wrote:
LadyChaos wrote:

I'll agree with this opinion as well.

I was expecting the blonde agent to be voiced by Matt - he seems to grab any blonde that comes on screen for a cameo - (and I rightly predicted David as the black agent) - however I'm tempted to think blondie was done by one of the girls - Barbara seems most likely, because she can pitch her voice like crazy!

Barbara is a trained singer so has excellent voice contro (in fact many of you have heard her sing without realising it) and can spike her pitch very high when she does Kiwi, so possible she would have been able to do it without any help from the mixing board or editing suite.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Vora Lyoko » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:01 am

TB3 wrote:
Barbara is a trained singer so has excellent voice contro (in fact many of you have heard her sing without realising it) and can spike her pitch very high when she does Kiwi, so possible she would have been able to do it without any help from the mixing board or editing suite.

I'm getting more Jealous.....:P

I was thinking Matt. Or somebody else, so maybe Barbara can pop in there somehow. In a couple of occasions I hear Ulrich with a little "mess-up". but not all the time as much as I hear Aelita inside Jeremy's voice....

Anyway, all by all this was a Awesome episode!

Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Stonecreek » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:17 am

Best of season 3 so far. I really liked the totally incredulity of the prinicipal when he got questioned. We need more episodes liek this one.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby LadyLucy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:22 am

waaaa...I wanna see it now...does anybody know if it's on youtube yet?
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tekirai » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:29 am

Look up 'xana awakens' and there's a guy with a name that goes rj(something). He puts every S3 episode up a wee bit after it airs.

I must have a GIF with the government man flying into the air after coming through the floor. xDD MUST, I TELLS YA. Whenever I find it, it's my next avatar.

I didn't think they'd mention a variation of Tamagotchi in it, though. What was it? Tamagutchi? Sounded like it.

This episode made me laugh while the one in French didn't. English makes all the difference.
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:33 am

TB3 wrote:I was expecting the blonde agent to be voiced by Matt - he seems to grab any blonde that comes on screen for a cameo - (and I rightly predicted David as the black agent) - however I'm tempted to think blondie was done by one of the girls - Barbara seems most likely, because she can pitch her voice like crazy!

Given that voice, I'm surprised blondie didn't turn out to be a robot; would have tied into the whole 'plastic doesn't have feelings' thing they were doing with Jean-Peirre.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ghost Guest » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:19 pm

Very good episode but I don't understand why the deactivated tower was glowing white, shouldn't it have been blue?
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Rail Runner » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:06 pm

I loved the part where Odd was messing around on his board and fell...hahaha..then it whacked him in the head...haha.

I also liked Mr Delmas' response...that was awesome.

Did yall catch the humor in the password sequence?

*Jim knocks on door*
Agent: Whats the password
Jim: Chicken Brain

I was thinking..oh how right he is. :D :*D
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vora Lyoko » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:09 pm

Virtualized STI wrote:*Jim knocks on door*
Agent: Whats the password
Jim: Chicken Brain