Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:18 am

S3 Episode 2: Lyoko Moins 1 (Lyoko Minus One)

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

The Final Rumble in the Jungle, uh Forest.

Evil Aelita rocks ma' socks! 10/10
60%
Ooh! Plot Device! O_O 8/10
32%
Meh 6/10
8%
Lamer than Herve's campaign 4/10
No votes
If an episode flops when no-one is watching, does it make a sound? 2/10
No votes
OMG they killed the Forest! They're BAST**DS! 0/10
No votes

Total votes : 25

S3 Episode 2: Lyoko Moins 1 (Lyoko Minus One)

Postby TB3 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:23 am

Well, the second episode of S3 aired in France this morning - and judging from the words flying around Codelyoko.net's forums, one of the major secrets I've been sitting on will finally be out in the open.

But I'm not telling just yet ;)

Talk about the new developments here.
Last edited by TB3 on Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Movie-Man » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:42 pm

Lyoko Moins 1? What does that mean?
"Return to the past now!"-Jeremy
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:47 pm

It means "Lyoko Minus 1" ...quite an apt title... *evil snicker*

Anyway...it's time for your daily dosage of French language!!! XD

"Lyoko Moins 1"

Part 1

Part 2

Huge rant on this to follow...but I'll say this now:

ODD 4 PRESIDENT!!! :*D
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:55 pm

Grainy much? XD I can't wait to hear this in English!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:57 pm

Taelia wrote:Grainy much? XD I can't wait to hear this in English!

Heh...hey, at least it moves. X) And the sound quality isn't too bad...which is nice because then it's more understandable...er, sort of. ^^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Movie-Man » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:05 pm

Interesting episode, so that's where the the possesed Aelita image came from and whoa, Xana possesed more people than ever and it's interesting that the bus driver from Log Book returns and Odd running for president is just hilarious, it's something I expect from Odd.
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:19 pm

Movie-Man wrote:Interesting episode, so that's where the the possesed Aelita image came from and whoa, Xana possesed more people than ever and it's interesting that the bus driver from Log Book returns and Odd running for president is just hilarious, it's something I expect from Odd.

XD I loved that they brought the bus driver back...poor guy...he really shouldn't accept any more jobs that entail driving kids from Kadic around...it's a serious health hazard. X)

Anyway...now for my rant. (Yeah...I'm kind of hyper right now... ^^ ) Um...and yes, this has SPOILERS

The whole "Running for class president" sub-plot was great. Although, honestly, Herb's speech was the funniest...particularly his "Vote for me" after Jeremie and the rest of the gang left. (X

XANA possessing an entire bus was clever, and...as much as I don't really like him, William's fighting scene was pretty spiffy (he's a "Neo" *snickers*). Mrs. Hertz totally pwns though.

And omigosh, we still get Y/U fluff! *_* Huzzah! Yeah, I know it was just a look, but come on... XD

I cannot express how much Odd truly rocked in this episode. He is "da cat"!!! ^.^ I especially loved how he ran up the Tarantula's arm and then jumped onto its head to fire at it. :D Too cool!

Wow! And the Scyphozoa makes a new appearance...and with a new ability!!! O.O I wonder if that only works on Aelita...or if it could work on anyone...hmmmm... *evil laughter*

Rofl...RETURN OF EVIL AELITA!! Heh...I'm wondering if Odd was regretting that she now has a power/weapon in Lyoko. It was kind of easier when she couldn't really fire back... ^^;

So, now we know where the "Evil Aelita" screen comes in (and the "Code: XANA" screen)...it's kind of funny that it turned out to be exactly what we didn't think it was (majority vote was "polymorph", I believe). (X As serious as the moment was...I somehow find her riding the Tarantula to the Tower exceedingly amusing. Particularly since it bowed to let her get on. *giggle* I want one. XD

And that's the end of the Forest Region, for now. O_o From what I could hear in the French dialogue, that's XANA's new plan. Destroy all of the regions with the "Code: XANA" so that they can't access Sector 5 anymore. Then he's free to destory Lyoko's heart once and for all. Oooooo..... O.O

So um...wow, I can't wait for the next episode. The title is "Raz de maree"...which I believe translates to "Tidal Wave". *more evil laughter* I look forward to it. X)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lani » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:10 pm

:D

Kayso, first of all, William. William was <3 in this, and like amazing. The pole kick thing was really cool too.

And Odd was really amazing, too xDD He's the best catboy EVER and (he got voted for class president or whatever right?) he'd make the best class representative EVER. And his French voice is kinda cute too xD;;

But seriously... Sector 3 DD: That was my favorite sector... that's no faaaaair...

Is it just me or did the Scyphozoa's tentacles get a lot longer? o__O;
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:34 pm

I'm Lani and you're not wrote::D

Kayso, first of all, William. William was <3 in this, and like amazing. The pole kick thing was really cool too.

Haha...same here. Yeah, William was cool. (What am I saying!? XD )

I still find it really funny that he got "pwned" by Mrs. Hertz, so to speak. X)

I'm Lani and you're not wrote:And Odd was really amazing, too xDD He's the best catboy EVER and (he got voted for class president or whatever right?) he'd make the best class representative EVER. And his French voice is kinda cute too xD;;

Ha! Indeed! Odd totally stole this whole episode! He was awesome! :D (And I would so totally vote him for president too ^.^ ).

His French voice is growing on me really. I still like Mr. Geczy's voice for him, the best, but the French voice is rather adorable in its own way. ^^

I'm Lani and you're not wrote:But seriously... Sector 3 DD: That was my favorite sector... that's no faaaaair...

Aww...I know...that's one of the prettiest regions! ;__;

I'm sure there's someway to restore it though...probably the "Heart of Lyoko" holds the key to that or something. ^^

I'm Lani and you're not wrote:Is it just me or did the Scyphozoa's tentacles get a lot longer? o__O;

Ha...yeah...I was wondering if that wasn't just me...or because the quality was bad. Lol...what a funny design change. X)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TB3 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:37 pm

Right, after two weeks I finally get to say this (and I've been dying to :P )

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! PUT YOUR HEADS BETWEEN YOUR KNEES AND KISS YOUR SECTORS GOODBYE!"
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:52 pm

TB3 wrote:Right, after two weeks I finally get to say this (and I've been dying to :P )

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! PUT YOUR HEADS BETWEEN YOUR KNEES AND KISS YOUR SECTORS GOODBYE!"

Ha...last night I was thinking over the title for this episode and thinking about the "Code: XANA" screen...and I was actually wondering to myself:

"Heh...I wonder if XANA's not going to attack the towers or Lyoko's regions...wouldn't that be something."

Ha...I really am psychic. Everyone: You're just psycho. XD

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lani » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:09 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
I'm Lani and you're not wrote:Is it just me or did the Scyphozoa's tentacles get a lot longer? o__O;

Ha...yeah...I was wondering if that wasn't just me...or because the quality was bad. Lol...what a funny design change. X)

D: That was the first thing I noticed, and it disturbed me xDD

TB3 wrote:Right, after two weeks I finally get to say this (and I've been dying to :P )

DDD; MY FOREST REGION. <s>I hope Carthage doesn't go cause it's my second favorite...</s>
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:28 pm

I'm Lani and you're not wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:

D: That was the first thing I noticed, and it disturbed me xDD

Lol... :*D

I'm Lani and you're not wrote:

DDD; MY FOREST REGION. <s>I hope Carthage doesn't go cause it's my second favorite...</s>

X) *weeps for the lost Forest Region* The trees! The trees! D:

XANA's already tried attacking Carthage...since that's where the Heart is. He probably won't try that again until all of the other sectors are gone. That seems to be his plan of action anyway.

Ha...I just noticed...Yumi's field trip was to a forest...which I believe was in danger of being destroyed too...how ironic. XD

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Briana » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:32 pm

NOOOOO.

bring the forest back! SAVE THE TREES!

They should've took like...the desert sector out first.WE NEED MORE TREES.lmaoo

anyways.

I love this episodee.One of my favorites,even though I didn't see the english version yet lmao.
I'm Insanity Hero's sidekick. Yes.
~~Member Of The Let's All Go Punch Ulrich's Dad Club.~~
Briana offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Reesane » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:06 pm

Ah, crud. I had always wanted to build a home up in that sector. :arg:

Oh well, I hope that they get it back.
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:20 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:And that's the end of the Forest Region, for now. O_o From what I could hear in the French dialogue, that's XANA's new plan. Destroy all of the regions with the "Code: XANA" so that they can't access Sector 5 anymore. Then he's free to destory Lyoko's heart once and for all. Oooooo..... O.O

D*mn you XANA! You couldn't have started with the Mountain region? :cussout:

Hope it's not the Ice region to go next. All that slidey fun, gone ... ;__; :wahh: :wahh2:

Mewberries151 wrote:So um...wow, I can't wait for the next episode. The title is "Raz de maree"...which I believe translates to "Tidal Wave". *more evil laughter* I look forward to it. X)

*sniffles, hopefully* Beach episode?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tekirai » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:26 pm

OMGG TREES GO BYEBYE D: TEKIRAI SAD (That explains the Lyoko minus one thing- minus one sector... duh. xD)

And.. for once, TEKIRAI LOVE WILLIAM! <3>.> <.< >.>;

Seriously. It was like, three seconds, but U/Y FLUFFFF YAY. *dances a little TOO giddy dance*

I'm sorry, but I thought it was so cute when Ulrich looked at himself in the mirror at the start of the episode. x3 Like, 'fwip-fwip shape hair'. But I think everything's cute nowadays. ^^;

I wanna ride a tarantula too. D:

Cassius335 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:So um...wow, I can't wait for the next episode. The title is "Raz de maree"...which I believe translates to "Tidal Wave". *more evil laughter* I look forward to it. X)

*sniffles, hopefully* Beach episode?

... I will go NUTS if it is. In a good way.
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:30 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:Ha...I just noticed...Yumi's field trip was to a forest...which I believe was in danger of being destroyed too...how ironic. XD

Hmm. Well, a proper Tida Wave needs to be near the coast. If next ep does feature a beach, that'll be the Desert Region under attack.

On the other hand, possibly Aelita in a swimsuit :D (after this ep, I'd be surprised if she went anywhere NEAR the factory...)

ETA: Wonder what the US Title will be?

"TIIIMBER!" ?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Movie-Man » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:01 pm

It seems Xana is more extreme than I thought, he'll do anything to achieve to his goal and from the viewer's eyes it's cool since usually the villains besides the heroes are always the coolest.
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Taelia » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:08 pm

Jim and Suzie get to be a bit romantic in this episode. :)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Movie-Man » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:16 pm

Taelia wrote:Jim and Suzie get to be a bit romantic in this episode. :)

You know I found out it humorius Jim slept on Mrs. Hertz.
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby LadyLucy » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:39 pm

[quote="Mewberries151"]It means "Lyoko Minus 1" ...quite an apt title... *evil snicker*

What?! Somebody dies?! NO!!!!!
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:44 pm

LucyMcGonagle wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:It means "Lyoko Minus 1" ...quite an apt title... *evil snicker*

What?! Somebody dies?! NO!!!!!

Nope, nobody dies. But your good old enemy XANA destroyed the Forest section. For good.

Why the hell did the writers thought it was a good idea to get rid of it?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby LadyLucy » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:46 pm

*sighs in relief* whoa...just a sector...I agree though. The forest was pretty...I don't like the desert region...why couldn't he have blown that one up? :(
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby animenologist » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:19 pm

And thus begins about half of Jeremie's task for the season. To combat XANA, and to gain access to Carthage directly. Guess he's in for another year of long days and sleepless nights. Its actually better that way, that he didn't get elected Class Representative, he would hardly have any time to sleep at all.

Guess they had to get rid of the Forest Sector first, its the sector where almost all the important plot points occur. Just think of how many important and necessary plot points happened there? Aelita's materialization happened here first, the discovery of Carthage, Jermie's first experiment with Franz Hopper's diary, and Franz Hopper's first tower. I consider it tradition that the first sector XANA annihialates is the Forest Sector. Some many great and important firsts.
Last edited by animenologist on Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes.

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes."
-- Buckminster Fuller
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Next