Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:50 pm

S3 Episode 2: Lyoko Moins 1 (Lyoko Minus One)

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

The Final Rumble in the Jungle, uh Forest.

Evil Aelita rocks ma' socks! 10/10
60%
Ooh! Plot Device! O_O 8/10
32%
Meh 6/10
8%
Lamer than Herve's campaign 4/10
No votes
If an episode flops when no-one is watching, does it make a sound? 2/10
No votes
OMG they killed the Forest! They're BAST**DS! 0/10
No votes

Total votes : 25

Postby dr xana » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:41 pm

i only watched the first half so not to spoil it entirely

nice to see the retun of the electric bus :D
"Knowing what normal is im proud to be strange!"
-me
:ImageImage
http://www.runescape.com
Doom time!
dr xana offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Carth » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:19 pm

It's airing in ten minutes.

I spam, but I spam with style.

Edit: OH, this is gonna be good.

VOTE JEREMIE FOR PRESIDENT. OR MAYBE ODD. OR SOMETHING. OR PERHAPS HERB.
Carth offline

Postby Tekirai » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:35 pm

Vora wrote:Ya know, I think the animators had a lil' fun!

http://codelyoko.fr/images/galeries/lyo ... un_141.jpg

I wonder who drew that....Ah well being skilled doesn't mean you can't be REALLY bad too.

Everytime I see this I just crack up.

Speaking of which, if that person, a car and house? And a think a building...

I just noticed that the car is an AMBULANCE. xDD I mean, like, what the snap. Ulrich or Odd must have been bored. (I thought Ulrich had a brown pencilcase, but his cargo pants are visible. Maybe it's Odd's. I DON'T KNOWWW *runs in circles*)

I still think Nicholas should have been voted for president somewhere. D: Being represented by a moron is actually fun...
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Carth » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:44 pm

It's an okay episode at this point.

...we should make campaign buttons for 'em.

Where is everybody?

And what in ELL is the Schypozoa doin there?
Carth offline

Postby YumixUlrich409 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:04 pm

OMG i only saw like half of this episode but i loved what i saw. can anyone fill me in on what happened up to aelita and the scithizoa (sp?)
YumixUlrich409 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Carth » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:07 pm

YAY ODD.

But seriously, where WAS everybody? They're on now, but...

The Forest...is gone.

But, as long as the Ice Sector is safe, I'm happy. Let the Kankrelats bounce free of opression.

(If it does get destroyed, don't tell me, don't tell me...)
Carth offline

Postby Jinnai » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:08 pm

Why the hell did the writers thought it was a good idea to get rid of it?

I'm guessing because by the end of Season 3, all four main sectors will be kaput but Jeremie will gain access to Carthage directly so that in Season 4, they can go inside the internet! 8)

And I loved how Ulrich solved the William problem without Returning to the Past (William: "What a nightmare!" :D )

And of course Nicholas voted for Odd, he's probably the biggest near-drop out in the entire school, he wants Odd's support! ;)
Last edited by Jinnai on Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Jinnai offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby LadyLucy » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:08 pm

It X.A.N.A.-fied her, in the words of Yumi. Made her go into a deactivated tower and make the sector disapper... Gods, she's so freaky when she's possesed...
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Briana » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:19 pm

this was a good episode.

"Odd and Aelita are going out!" rofl

and NOOO XANA SUCKS. HE KILLED THE FOREST. dude...why couldn't they like kill another one.I mean.... Killing the forest first seems like...THEY HATE TREES. DX
I'm Insanity Hero's sidekick. Yes.
~~Member Of The Let's All Go Punch Ulrich's Dad Club.~~
Briana offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Saphire-089 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:19 pm

Well the forest region is gone, and who knows what'll go next. Anyone catch the part where Ulrich was trying to wake Jeremie up, but he kept right on sleeping? Well I had to laugh when Ulrich said "Odd and Aelita are going out!" and Jeremie woke right up XD Also this other part Jim was sleeping on Mrs.Hertz's shoulder.

Code XANA? That part was weird. And William almost found out about Lyoko. All in all, a pretty good episode.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:27 pm

I was a little disappointed at the way the Forest disappeared. I personally thought it'd be something more like an explosion or something...

But people can get forced to do things by the Scyphizoa? Creepy. And it's more manuverable then it lets on...
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rycr » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:17 pm

Good, I'm not the only one who noticed the CG scenes in the real world. Did anybody notice that the Lyoko CG has gotten better too? I didn't notice it too much in the first episode, except whenever there was a bright flash of light or a laser fired, anybody nearby would light up more realistically than before. In this episode though, I noticed the moment I saw the forest sector. The animation was much better.

Graphical improvements aside, I think this was an awesome episode! I can't wait to see what happens next! As usual, Jeremie has another project to stay up late working on (the last two being Aelita's materialization and her "antivirus"). Now he has a couple things to do. First he has to figure out how to virtualize them straight to Carthage, then (as he said in "Straight To Heart",) he has to send them out onto the internet. (That sounds like it'll be really cool!)

As for the remaining sectors, I think they're safe for now. The last three episode titles "Three is an Odd Number," "Double Trouble," and "Final Round," seem to imply that the rest of the regions will be going away too near the end of the season.

It good that they added a new element to the mix. Now, in addition to stopping XANA's attacks, the gang has to stop his attempts to destroy Lyoko at the same time.

One last thing: Aelita's power reminds me of the Rasengan from Naruto. Am I the only one who thinks that? Am I the only one who even watches Naruto?
Rycr offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:29 pm

I thought that the forest was a little too... bright. In the first season, that was when it was coolest. The entire place was all crumbly and had all these dead spots, not to mention the whole place had this overcast look to it. Very suspenseful.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rycr » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:35 pm

I don't know, I actually rather liked the new forest region. Though when I first saw it I was like "Woah...that's trippy," because of all the bright colors.

I can't wait for tomorrow ^_^
Rycr offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:43 pm

I'll miss the forest sector. I mean, come on! Why do my favorite places and characters always die?

The forest was chronologically the first sector they encountered, not to mention where the first monsters appeared, where Aelita stayed for ten years, and where they materialized Aelita into our world! COME FREAKING ON!!!
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lani » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:11 pm

Ulrich: "I'm going to try something risky with William...!"

Oh snap. I laughed loudly.

SAVE THE TREES!!! DD;

And like, is it just me or did the colors get a lot more vibrant and the lines bolder? And I really like that :D
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rycr » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:19 pm

I think I'm seeing a much bigger budget for the new season. The animation is much better (I love those 3d-ish effects in the real world). And every episode leaves me waiting for the next one. I love the airtime, because I come home from school and go straight to watching Code Lyoko (I live in the central time zone, so it starts at 3:30 for me)

Out of the two episodes that have aired so far, I like this one the best. Of course, that's only two episodes, and I'm already amazed at how much better the show is in general. I can't wait for tomorrow!
Rycr offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby . » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:23 pm

okay episode... thought now the inside fan jokes are starting to get old.

Mainly when Ulrich made that Odd/Aelita joke. Thats not suppose to be something even thought of, only hinted at, because Moonscop won't do it...

Unless Scoop IS going to do it I don't want any more of it. It be nice for an episode thought.
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Narikii » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:14 pm

I liked this episode, but I didn't like how the forest disappeared. I miss the forest...
What if they could go to the Internet, and then they found LF? XD
Narikii offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby MY85 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:29 pm

Tekirai wrote:I still think Nicholas should have been voted for president somewhere. D: Being represented by a moron is actually fun...

It's more like voting for a person who has no clue about what should he do in his life rather than voting for a moron. And speaking of president candidates... we get Jeremie, Odd and Herve as candidates. Herve plains sucks, Jeremie is the right choice academically, but nobody would like him for president given the fact that how Jeremie would get entertained.

And speaking of Odd and Jeremie, it's been twice that Jeremie tried to bring Odd down. Once making Odd think that Jeremie thought that he was dumb enough for being a president and the other time at Lyoko saying that he wouldn't be competition for Aelita if he died. Well... Odd is just toying around and I don't think he really has intentions of being with Aelita. And Aelita also likes Odd as a friend and likes his jokes, but she seems to still be loyal to Jeremie, no matter her interactions with Odd. Aelita deserves to have some fun and sometimes Jeremie can't provide her life with humour and jokes (he's always worried about Lyoko and Xana most of the time), so why can't Odd make a friend laugh or feel happy?

This episode was good, though.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Jinnai » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:33 pm

and the other time at Lyoko saying that he wouldn't be competition for Aelita if he died.

I thought he meant competition in the presidential election, not for Aelita's affection.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Jinnai offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby MY85 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:35 pm

Jinnai wrote:
and the other time at Lyoko saying that he wouldn't be competition for Aelita if he died.

I thought he meant competition in the presidential election, not for Aelita's affection.

By the end of that sentence Jeremie said, the word "her" (talking about Aelita) was spoken. Unless I misheard the thing. Jeremie also got mad at Odd because Aelita also thought Odd would be a better choice than Jeremie. Now if your girl doesn't support you, you might as well feel a bit angered about the thing, eh?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Briana » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:09 pm

I'm Lani and you're not wrote:Ulrich: "I'm going to try something risky with William...!"

Oh snap. I laughed loudly.

LMAO I LAUGHED SO HARD AT THAT. :*D
I'm Insanity Hero's sidekick. Yes.
~~Member Of The Let's All Go Punch Ulrich's Dad Club.~~
Briana offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:08 pm

MakeYourself wrote:
Jinnai wrote:

By the end of that sentence Jeremie said, the word "her" (talking about Aelita) was spoken. Unless I misheard the thing. Jeremie also got mad at Odd because Aelita also thought Odd would be a better choice than Jeremie. Now if your girl doesn't support you, you might as well feel a bit angered about the thing, eh?

I think you may have misheard it. At least, I didn't hear a "her."
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Blueyedblonde » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:06 pm

I think there's going to be an OddxAelitaxJeremie triangle.

Odd's been flirting with Aelita more then usual, and he's also been competing with Jeremie alot lately. Eh, it's possible.

Anyway, I liked this episode. But they just HAD to put William into it. -_-;;

Ohwell. UlrichYumi fluff at the end. xDDD
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

PreviousNext