Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:08 am

Plagued

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Hmm... Xana-possessed rats... how good was this plan?

10/10! Very smart, Xana!
6%
8/10! Pretty good, compared to some other plans...
31%
6/10. Okay, but needs some work.
44%
4/10. Dude, this was pretty lame.
13%
2/10. Why did you even THINK of this plan?
6%
0/10. XANA, U SUCK!!!
No votes

Total votes : 16

Plagued

Postby Jeremified » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:19 pm

Dude, why did everybody else forget about this episode? Oh well. At least I get to make the poll. xD;;
And could a mod/admin move this to Ep Discussion?

I think the part where Lyoko turned sideways was awesome. It became, like, a rock-climbing adventure. Pretty sweet. But what would Xana have done if Aelita hadn't entered the code? Would the people become Xana-possessed too or would they just die?
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:29 pm

I am not sure, I think they would have become possessed as well...but thats just my thoughts on it

I also liked the land slide thing, that was cool..Odds tail came in very handy in this episode.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:12 am

THat part was AWESOME!! It was like...practice for sectior five or something...
I know one person who hates this ep....my mother!! She hates rats.. .:D That's why I made her watch it... :evillaugh:
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:35 am

I hated the way the episode began and ended. Them being in the library? SOOOO overdone! But I did like the part where Sissi called Kadic a "two-bit school" and the part in Lyoko where they do virtual rock climbing.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ghost Guest » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:25 am

I wonder why Odd didn't use his claws to hold on when Xana modified the terrain. He could've used them to climb, like he has done so many times. :umm:
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:16 pm

Jeremified wrote:But what would Xana have done if Aelita hadn't entered the code? Would the people become Xana-possessed too or would they just die?

Hmmm...I think they probably would have just been killed/eaten as opposed to becoming possessed. Rats have a very nasty bite, and if anyone's ever seen the movies "Willard" or "Ben" (or that InuYasha episode with the demon rats), one might have seen first hand what a "death by rats" looks like. Kind of icky, really...good thing they made it it time. ^^

BJB wrote:I wonder why Odd didn't use his claws to hold on when Xana modified the terrain. He could've used them to climb, like he has done so many times. :umm:

Didn't he do that later though? If I recall correctly he volunteered to distract the Krabes and was using his claws to hop and climb from ledge to ledge in order to get up to their level.

Taelia wrote:I hated the way the episode began and ended. Them being in the library? SOOOO overdone!

^^ I thought the Paper Tennis match was unique though...and amusing.

Ulrich: 1; Odd: 0! XD (But Ulrich falls out of his chair...ah well. ^^; )
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rail Runner » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:21 pm

yeah he did mew...he did the whole jumping from level to level thing...it was cool

I did like that little tennis match, that looked like fun...but the funniest part was when jim was fussing at who he thought was the kids, and he grabbed mr delmas..now that was funny...mr delmas was like. :whatever:
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ghost Guest » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:37 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
BJB wrote:I wonder why Odd didn't use his claws to hold on when Xana modified the terrain. He could've used them to climb, like he has done so many times. :umm:

Didn't he do that later though? If I recall correctly he volunteered to distract the Krabes and was using his claws to hop and climb from ledge to ledge in order to get up to their level.

You're right, he did climb later, but with the help of some rocks that were attached to the terrain, and not using his claws. Unlike he has done in episodes like, "Laughing Fit", "Teddygozilla" and "Unchartered Territory", for example, where he climbed directly with his claws and no need of anything else. :)
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Rail Runner » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:46 pm

now that I think about it, yeah he was hanging onto rocks, but there was one point where he did use his claws to stop himself from slipping off of that ledge.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Akito » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:38 pm

I voted 6/10. I didn't like season 1 that much altogether.
I am the walking, talking fishpoodle!
The former Supersonic Master
Akito offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Rail Runner » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:41 pm

well this episode sorta creeped me out..the rats looked downright evil...even when they werent possessed by Xana...I didnt like this episode too much..but otherwise, the rest were ok.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ghost Guest » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:55 pm

Personally, I liked this episode pretty much. I think the whole thing of them not being able to reach the factory easily added some suspense. And then when they did, but Jeremie was still trapped and Yumi had to virtualize Odd and Ulrich, that was a nice detail too, in my opinion. I just think this episode gets a little out of the format (even if it's just a little) of most Season 1 episodes (which are good too 8) ).
Last edited by Ghost Guest on Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Rail Runner » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:39 pm

I did like how Jeremie used the camera flasher to scare away the rats...that was pretty cool.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Tekirai » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:28 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:Ulrich: 1; Odd: 0! XD (But Ulrich falls out of his chair...ah well. ^^; )

I loved that scene. The face he made after Jim yelled at him? So cute. ^///^;

This is actually one of my favourites out of Season 1. I think it was the whole concept of evil rodents. That and the whole episode was so inhumane it was funny. (I'll know to have a fire extinguisher nearby when there's a mouse in my kitchen. xD)

But that counsellor... when he just sat there slumped. I paused it when I was watching it once and did all sorts of weird captioning. 'Gnrr... I hate my life... m'kay, rightright, you do that... weird kid with glasses...' Gaha.
Tekirai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Rail Runner » Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:52 pm

I would have freeze framed the part where Jim was grabbing Mr Delmas by accident, and done something with that...I do have to admit, this episode had some funny moments.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Jeremified » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:30 pm

Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:33 pm

thanks man..i saved it and will work on it a bit later...ill give ya credit for it...but yeah, that makes me chuckle every time I look at it..just the look on mr delmas' face...priceless.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Jeremified » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:43 pm

Rofl, I can think of one caption for that picture myself.

Jim: "YOU GOT EARRINGS SHAPED LIKE MRS. HERTZ?!?"
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:23 pm

well..as far as the episode goes..the possessed rats creeped me out with the red eyes...for some reason, red eyes on a rat is just very freaky.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:53 pm

I can't wait for screencaps of this to appear on the main site. :D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:43 pm

I would've gotten this review done a lot earlier, but 1) I've been busy and 2) I lost half of it accidentally, which sorta discouraged me from it for a while. But now I'm back and ready to go, so things are peachy keen yes they are.

On ira, on saura, sauve notre existence...

This episode begins with evil music. VERY EVIL MUSIC.

Not to mention rat drama. No one seems to like that first rat- they all hiss at him and that one rat jumped on him to try to get the pinecone. Oh well, we know he gets his revenge...except, you know, his revenge is really XANA's revenge.

APPLES! Now I'm hungry. It's really horrible how this happens to him, though...with XANA holding him down while he's screaming...at least, I think it's a he...

And now for some relax-o-eeeww, enough with the muscle-mags, Jim! And why so nervous? Ashamed you don't look like that?

Jeremie's explanation of what a library is to Aelita is so cute! <3 But the question is, if he's so worried about noise, why doesn't he use headphones? And it's still kinda sad, the way Aelita is now, to just see her relegated to a few minutes on a computer screen and then running away from things on Lyoko.

Jeremie's shifty eyes = win.

HOMG THIS SCENE. I totally want to do this in a library someday. Thanks for being good examples, boys! I love how Jim doesn't even look up... Odd's YAAAAAAAAHHHHH = ilu so much. I love how they're all still boneheaded kids even if they're highly capable boneheaded kids.

And Yumi laughing behind her hands is wonderful too. Suddenly that one CT! caption makes more sense.

I don't understand this scene. Wouldn't Jim realize that if he wasn't talking to his boss, he was talking to a grey-haired Frankenkid, which would be strange enough in and of itself?

I'm afraid I'm reaching the age where I find these guys more cute than attractive. Strange considering I was about Jeremie's age when I started watching. Or maybe they just look younger in the older eps...

RAT REVENGE! Except this isn't a good thing for us hoomins. I mean, we're gonna get diseases AND XANA.

Emo Jeremie scene makes me sad... "The school principal has been observing me for a long time." That's not creepy, Jeremie!

For some reason, I find this scene where he keeps walking away from his friends very meaningful. Maybe because he feels detached from them, or from people face-to-face as a whole.

How can Jeremie be a "future Einstein" when he's already Einstein? He's clearly better than those other Einsteins. (So keep him at Kadic!) Though I do kinda find it funny that they're all so sure he meets that threshold.

"I don't wanna leave here because of you all. You're my friends." Awwww!

"Psychologist creep" - STALKERR. The thing about the scholarships tells us early on that Jeremie's parents clearly support him and want him to get ahead. He has the best family EVER. Just thought I'd say that. I mean, his dad is awesome, his cousin is awesome...his mom is probably awesome...

Council of the rats is creepy!

One of the neat things about watching these crowd scenes is watching the background characters mill about with different people. Especially funny is what guy has what girl. I guess you can sorta figure out pairings that way. Even though to be honest I've forgotten and it's probably random so whatever.

Am I strange if my first thought after hearing "trick questions" was "that sounds like fun! Can I take this test?"

And now, Jeremie meets the creepy psychologist, <s>Hans Klotz</s> Mr. Simone! Dude, cause you're creepy, I'm just gonna call you Simone, kay?

Jeremie's actually a lot creepier than Simone in this scene. He's also a terrible liar, something he needs to work on.

And now I've caught up to where I was before I lost the review. Is Jeremie trying to make Simone think he doesn't know what a multiple choice test is? xD Ilu Jeremie.

Sometimes I think the reason Alex doesn't show up is because he's a slightly-changed clone of that other kid that looks like him. Whatever. Dinnertime!

"I dunno, some kind of hash. They all taste the same." Was this before they came up with Odd's food obsession running gag?

Why's Sissi skipping dinner? To try and fit into that dress the rats just chewed up? And nice company name dropping. Does Gucci even make dresses? I thought they were handbag people. (Okay, I checked, they do make dresses. Thing is, they cost into quadruple figures. No one on a school principal's salary would buy that kind of dress for their teenage daughter, and even fewer would let her live if she destroyed it. Besides, those clothes are just a tad above Sissi's level of class.)

This is just strange. Or I must've gotten the name wrong, because if rats destroyed my several thousand dollar dress I would go INSANE.

Might be better to be with Aelita, who doesn't have to buy clothes, in her strange and slightly edgy sitting position. Except wires go RAAAWWWRRR and we have tower. It's kinda sad when they reuse scenes and the expressions don't match the dialogue. "XANA'S WOKEN UP! 8D"

Isn't it annoying when proctors make noises during tests? Or worst of all, talk to you or make you answer other questions? X(

Stop nommin on the 'tricity, rats! Simone still creeps me out. Though I'm kind of jealous of his beard.

Sissi's stupidity knows NO BOUNDS. "Oh, the electricity's out and there's a rat infestation in my room. I think I'm going to insult my home and brush my hair." She also needs to stop storing perfume in places she can easily knock it over.

There are other people actually sitting at the Lyoko Warriors' table? Maybe Jeremie is kid repellent. LOL @ Paul Gauillard stomping on the table and Odd encouraging him.

And now for wise words from Jim. "ASDFGHJLAAAH!" That was wise words from Jim. Rats. So.

Wait, wasn't this tile dropping scene the one where they forgot to animate Odd's eyebrows? Or was that another one, cause he's deffo got eyebrows here.

Rosa seems to be keeping her cool today. I guess a rat infestation is more realistic than a zombie infestation.

"Don't panic, I said! JUST GET OUT OF MY WAY!" More wise words from Jim.

Did anyone else see Ulrich make a FLYING LEAP? That was badarse boy. Too bad they can't get in or out.

I love this. Yumi's just sitting on her bed, la di da, reading a book, oh, Ulrich's calling, nice little chat with the love of my lif- RATS! x3

Good thing Christophe M'Bala is more resourceful than Jim...

I like this sequence because it really shows the group working together as a team to save innocent people. It really drives the more heroic aspects of their job home.

"Sissi? What's she doing here, anyway?" Um, going to your school? Though I like how Odd does show some concern for her safety. He doesn't hate her, he just enjoys teasing her <s>because he doesn't want to admit he loves her.</s> Or, yanno, cause being eaten alive is generally unpleasant.

And now for one of the more creative parts of the plot, I think- Simone being terrified of rats. And I think this also proves that Jeremie doesn't need tests to be a smarticle. He's clearly more composed than Simone, but if Simone has a genuine phobia I'm not gonna make fun of him.

And Yumi is also badarse, riding right through the sea of rats without caring whether she ran any over. "Your carriage, Cinderella?" Yumi, please don't catch the creepy from Simone. I really love that whole bike riding sequence.

"Welcome to the Rat Pack!" So which one of you is Frank Sinatra, then?

So how does Simone not notice that Jeremie is communing with Aelita two feet away? Especially cause the guy appears to be obsessed with him?

TO THE <s>infirmary</s> SCIENCE BUILDING! Aww them being nice to Jim.

That's a TALL science building. Sorry but I just noticed that. For a big school they don't have many students. I guess several are unseen.

WOW them are some resourceful rats! I know some humans that wouldn't think of that.

I kind of love how Ulrich blatantly disregarded Jim. He is AWESOME in this episode.

I wonder why there aren't any rats in the fore- oh, they're in the sewers. Wait, Jim already told them to hide somewhere that has no access to the sewers, and where do they decide to go to the factory? Smart, very intelligent.

Simone, I don't think you're going to find any sympathy with someone who knows you're not going to remember this yesterday. But his compulsive sort of light-clicking was a nice touch.

RATS! Wait, how'd that boat get there? Did Odd just randomly have a boat in his pocket? Or do they have an emergency boat under something? And nice going, Yumi, having the boys do all the sweaty work for you. And, wait, what's that cellar thing? I don't remember a cellar entrance! But I can guess they've gone through this before.

So these rats appear to have some measure of free will, cause I don't think total XANA-rats would be fazed by light. Poor Simone, his genius is leaving him.

If Yumi virtualizes them without a hitch I am going to be "huh?". Oh, good, she's confused.

Krabcakes!

Yumi needs to get her hearing checked. Like, a lot. And she needs to never say this kind of stuff again; it doesn't sound right in her voice.

I had no idea they kept the swirly things around the virtualization for this length of time...

Odd is VERY good at making light of situations. Either that or they're confident in their abilities and jaded to stuff like this by now.

"Your two knights in armor have come to protect you!" You know, Ulrich, say that to her in about a year or so and you'll get a nice slap in the face, I bet.

Huh? I didn't think the terrain tilt was in this episode, I thought it was S2...whatever, it happens. And it looks pretty neat.

And now Ulrich shares some wise words with us, too! That's kinda neat, how the Krabes can walk sideways...

Aelita hasn't lost any life points yet, it's Ulrich that took the brunt of everything. The desert is still a little metallic for my liking. This bit of the arrows sploding is kinda neat.

Thanks, Krabe, for devirtualizing Odd before he hit the virtual sea and died! I bet XANA'll give him a whupping for that.

Yay, Jeremie's gonna save the day AND suggestively touch Yumi! Seriously, those two.

And thus do they leave Kadic totally defenseless. Wow, you guys.

Now that was a cool scene, actually. Ulrich stabs him in the eye while the Krabe shoots him in the crotch. It is xD worthy. And then Yumi finishes it off by also being awesome.

And then somehow they magically get to the tower. Okay, it's the nail-biter minute you guys...poor Simone.

Now how did Ulrich get back there in time to cower with the rest of them? My guess is maybe they planned to have him stay behind...? Apparently you can also see an animator's signature somewhere, but I can't see it cause the quality's bad...

And the rats stop mid-jump. That's kinda neat.

And now everything is lovely again. I can't tell if Jeremie is serious or stabbing at Odd. Though what I think Jeremie should do is figure out the IQ threshold that would keep him at Kadic but not label him as a dunce, because then 1) it would be obvious what he was doing and 2) if it wasn't obvious, he wouldn't be degraded in any way.

And in closing, building.

PROS:
- XANA attack originality is stepping up
- Lots of funny moments
- Neat Lyoko thing
- Secret service-y stuff

CONS:
- Some nonsense, like the Gucci dress
- A little too much Ho/Les Yay
- Simone.

Enjoyable, though my heart wasn't really in it...maybe I need to take a break and do my homework.
Carth offline

Postby SilverPrince » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:04 pm

Carth wrote:- A little too much Ho/Les Yay

THERE IS NO SUCH THING.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:33 pm

SilverPrince wrote:
Carth wrote:- A little too much Ho/Les Yay

THERE IS NO SUCH THING.

When it's between Simone and Jeremie and Yumi and Sissi, it is. Now, if it was, say, Odd and Jeremie or Ulrich and William...
Carth offline

Postby SilverPrince » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:52 pm

Jeremie and William is my OTP.

(not really)

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:14 pm

SilverPrince wrote:Jeremie and William is my OTP.

(not really)

I don't have an OTP. Except maybe OddSissi. UlrichWilliam is mostly a joke.

Unless this is all a joke by now and you're just fooling around.
Carth offline

Next