Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:20 am

Frontier

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Since when you admired Jeremie/Aelita?

Before Frontier.
42%
After Frontier ended.
12%
By the Season 1 finale.
8%
By Season 2 (specify the moment).
8%
They're okay, but I support other CL couples (any kind).
31%

Total votes : 26

Postby LadyLucy » Mon May 15, 2006 8:13 am

TB3 wrote:Hmm, Fronteir is one of my favourite S1 eps because of a few things.

1. It's an episode driven something other than a XANA attack
2. It's very technical, which I, being a geek, obviously enjoy ;)
3. Female Empowerment - I love seeing Yumi working the computer and doing it fairly well.

YOu're a geek too? ROCK ON!!! :D Power to the nerds!!!
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby HiddenWatcher » Fri May 16, 2008 5:32 pm

Well, this episode officially marks the point after which there is absolutely no doubt they are aware of each other's feelings. Pay attention, fan fiction writers.

Oh, and this is their first touch! How sweet.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby HiddenWatcher » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:21 am

Carth keeps encouraging other people to write reviews like his. I will take up the challenge. Except that I will be doing these based on the episodes I found the most memorable.

So, without further ado, let’s dive right in.

Theme song. Nice. Helped keep me watching Code Lyoko in a period when I was skeptical about it.

First of all, Jeremie’s physically sweating. Never noticed that before. This kid’s intense!

Hm, first fight. Sorta. It’s kind of cute in its own way. Showcases how much they care about each other.

Ulrich looks weird when he’s not getting enough sleep. All cross-eyed. Huh.

Jeremie’s willing to go to Lyoko just to apologize. The world is lucky the girl he loves is so sweet and innocent. If he fell for someone more unscrupulous, we could all be in big trouble.

I love the fact that this is one of the few shows about school-age kids that actually shows them in class. It may in fact be the only one I can think of where the classroom plays any importance beyond being just another set.

I wonder what letting Yumi run the transfer signifies. Does Jeremie just think she’s less nuts than Odd and Ulrich because of the stuff they get up to?

I love the sound Yumi makes when Jeremie hands her his “notes.â€
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Stonecreek » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:41 am

[quote="HiddenWatcher"]Carth keeps encouraging other people to write reviews like his. I will take up the challenge. Except that I will be doing these based on the episodes I found the most memorable.

So, without further ado, let’s dive right in.

Theme song. Nice. Helped keep me watching Code Lyoko in a period when I was skeptical about it.

First of all, Jeremie’s physically sweating. Never noticed that before. This kid’s intense!

Hm, first fight. Sorta. It’s kind of cute in its own way. Showcases how much they care about each other.

Ulrich looks weird when he’s not getting enough sleep. All cross-eyed. Huh.

Jeremie’s willing to go to Lyoko just to apologize. The world is lucky the girl he loves is so sweet and innocent. If he fell for someone more unscrupulous, we could all be in big trouble.

I love the fact that this is one of the few shows about school-age kids that actually shows them in class. It may in fact be the only one I can think of where the classroom plays any importance beyond being just another set.

I wonder what letting Yumi run the transfer signifies. Does Jeremie just think she’s less nuts than Odd and Ulrich because of the stuff they get up to?

I love the sound Yumi makes when Jeremie hands her his “notes.â€

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline

Postby Carth » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:24 pm

I'm not sure if that'd be miserable or hilarious. On the one hand, it'd be something neat to explore, but on the other, I love Jeremie too much for him to have anything less than Aelita.

[quote]I love the sound Yumi makes when Jeremie hands her his “notes.â€
Carth offline

Postby SearchingLyoko » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:51 pm

Well... that was quite long.

I liked the episode in General for the romance thing on for both JxA and UxY. This was really a romance-centered episode.

The touching-romance-music... get's me every time *wipes away tear*.

I forget exactly what my reaction to this was first seeing it (though it was less then 4 months ago)... but I think I just put on a really big grin when the credits rolled... luckily I don't watch these in public.
SearchingLyoko Delenda Est.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby HiddenWatcher » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:30 pm

Carth wrote:Though what I don't understand is, why, if she wasn't angry with him, would she leave him in a moment of distress? It's not like she has anything else to do. The shot of him looking over at his computer after her is wonderful.

The way I understand this, she was feeling about the same way he was. She thought he was mad at her, and that scared her, so she tried to give him some time to cool off.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby SearchingLyoko » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:08 pm

Yup, that pretty much sums it up.

Is this your hobby Carth? Basically typing up each episode for the discussion thread?

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby Carth » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:20 pm

SearchingLyoko wrote:Yup, that pretty much sums it up.

Is this your hobby Carth? Basically typing up each episode for the discussion thread?

I guess you could call it a hobby...it's a combination of a lot of factors. I am unable to judge the scope of projects, I want to have references for things I think are important, I want to write something people will read, and simply enough, I want to rewatch the series.
Carth offline

Postby SearchingLyoko » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:23 pm

Same here. I'm working on a lot of CL stuff atm, and I'm just rewatching (well, re-listening) the episodes as I work.

Right now I've rewatched all of Season 3 and Season 2 up to Final Mix. And that's in less then a week, which should explain just how much CL related stuff I'm working on.

SearchingLyoko offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby smiller » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:35 pm

Personally, my favorite part of this episode is when Ulrich and Sissi kissed. xD
I'LL TRADE MY LEVEL 10 KANKRELAT FOR YOUR LEVEL 27 BLOK!
smiller offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Re: Frontier

Postby MY85 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:01 pm

MY85 wrote:Seriously, I can't remember much of this episode. :(
Nearly 4 years later and I still can't remember it. XD

Watching bits of this episode at the moment. Damn, the ending was really, really great.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Re: Frontier

Postby Carth » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:15 pm

MY85 wrote:
MY85 wrote:Seriously, I can't remember much of this episode. :(
Nearly 4 years later and I still can't remember it. XD

Watching bits of this episode at the moment. Damn, the ending was really, really great.

Ah, MY85 ventures into the upper part of the forum! I have to say I agree with you- Frontier was one of the only episodes in Season 1 that could be considered good without considering the bad as outre genius. Or something.
Carth offline

Postby Saphire-089 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:01 am

Carth wrote: I wonder how Yumi's able to answer her phone without getting in more trouble. Twice. Can't they just text? Or is that beyond their phones? And I guess Ulrich's not going to trust Odd with the computer...?

Lol I wonder that too. If I did that in front of a teacher or principal (Not in school anymore), I would have gotten detention or maybe suspended. I would have let odd use the computer. I'm guessing Aelita might be able to help him with anything?
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Previous