Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:20 pm

Rock Bottom

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

What was your thought after seeing this episode??

Antefilms is racist!! Why not making a white person steal a pc? Why black people like Samantha should be broke?
No votes
Odd/Samantha... :D
23%
I loved this episode!!
15%
It's okay...
46%
Samantha must die!!
12%
It sucked.
4%

Total votes : 26

Postby Sithking Zero » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:22 pm

I'm sensing some possession issues and a little crush on the svelte cat-boy.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Rock Bottom

Postby SauskesGirl246 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:15 am

WHAT!? Who said that I liked the "cat-boy!?" :banghead:
SauskesGirl246 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Sithking Zero » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:28 am

Most people don't usually say that a character that kisses another character "Must Die."

Of course, reading your original post the first time, that's just the sense that I got. Reading it again, I'm getting a different sense, one of a message of hate.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Agent_Marquez » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:56 am

Sithking Zero wrote:Most people don't usually say that a character that kisses another character "Must Die."

If a person worships a couple and another characther they hate kisses one of the members of the couple they worship, they might end up chanting "_____ must die!" or worse stuff in front of the television.

SauskesGirl246 wrote:I hated that ep. cause odd kissed sam :kissing: ERRRRR!! Sam Must DIE!!! :cussout: :cussout2: But I liked the ep. but not that part. And when odd was going to save sam its not right :arg: He should of let her DIE!!! :whatever:

I actually enjoyed them kissing. Antefilms wasted Samantha erasing her off the map with no reason at all. Odd's responsibilities involve being against Xana, so Xana's attack with the mud rising (am I right?) could have finished with Jim and Samantha. Odd and his friends wouldn't allow civilian casualities to happen (not yet, at least), they would even save the lives of the persons they dislike, since the RTTP wouldn't bring them back to life.
A Requiem To Our Homeland - Stand-by

Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
- William Shakespeare
Agent_Marquez offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Re: Samantha Must DIE!!

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:03 pm

SauskesGirl246 wrote:I hated that ep. cause odd kissed sam :kissing: ERRRRR!! Sam Must DIE!!! :cussout: :cussout2: But I liked the ep. but not that part. And when odd was going to save sam its not right :arg: He should of let her DIE!!! :whatever:

^^; Now really, would that be at all in character for Odd to just let someone die though?

This is completely unrelated...and I hope the person whom I'm thinking of takes no offense at this...but that quote totally reminded me of a certain veteran TV Tomer and long time LF-er who also used to go ga-ga for Odd and disliked Sam (whom she would attempt to thwack with her shovels I believe. *sweatdrop* Again, no offense meant, I'm just thinking of old times. ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rock Bottom

Postby SauskesGirl246 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:25 pm

Ok, maybe I kinda like Odd.
SauskesGirl246 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Blueyedblonde » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:51 am

(( Love your Icon SauskesGirl246!! Sasuke frickin' rocks my socks!!! ))

... Ahem... Anyway, I really liked this episode.

Samantha was a pretty cool charactor, and I would really like to see her on the show again.
Plus! ... I thought it was cool how she just kinda, ran up and kissed him... It made me giggle. :*D
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Taelia » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:44 am

She could be a rival for Sissi, and then...CATFIGHT!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:26 am

We could sell tickets! OOH! And Popcorn!

We'd make MILLIONS! MILLIONS, I SAY!
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Rock Bottom

Postby SauskesGirl246 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:47 pm

LOL!! Back to topic and thanx I like my icon too!!!
SauskesGirl246 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Taelia » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:08 pm

I didn't like the way Jim got so angry at Odd, Jeremie and Ulrich in his office.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:54 am

I don't like Sam...even though, I don't think she's black. Timia is black. Sam looked hispanic. :) But she is annoying...and all of us Odd fans don't like her cause we want Odd...
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Rock Bottom

Postby SauskesGirl246 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:37 pm

Yeah.
SauskesGirl246 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Carth » Sat May 08, 2010 10:59 pm

I've always wondered why this episode had a question mark in its name. Oh well, that's not something to be questioning. Episode time! Sam time! I remember very little about this ep, only that it's the first ep where we see Odd getting any. :3c Should be fun if I remember correctly. It also launched Samantha, plus several hundred fanfics.

IN CO PRODUCTION WITH FRANCE 3 AND CANAL J

Christophe Pittet has a funny last name...anyway, episode! THREE DAY WEEKEND? In France, where they only get one-and-a-half day weekends, that must be nothing short of unpossible.

Oh oh oh, are our saintly little friends organizing an unsupervised party that we in the TV-Y7-FV audience never get to see? I think they aaareee. I hope it was a good party, all things considered. I suppose Ulrich's popularity would keep the meaner kids from trashing Yumi's house.

Hiroki is not in the kitchen on the account that he and William are still playing video games in the imagination bin. Actually, it appears that he took his chair at the table to sit on while playing, as well. I suppose a bin doesn't have many comfortable floors.

"A gathering to do homework...or to wreck the living room?" Both! By the time they're done, both your living room and your daughter's homework will be wrecked, Takeo.

Quiet evening at home. Lulz. "You mean...those three clowns." Hey, watch your mouth! Odd's the only one that looks like a clown. I find it kind of awesome how she guilt-tripped them.

I cannot stress how much this scene is BLATANTLY REUSED from Frontier. Ulrich's holding his jacket open to expose the Game Boy but nothing is made of it cause he's not supposed to have a Game Boy. Jeremie's pissed that he fought with Aelita but it turns out he's trying to localize Lyoko, whatever the hell that means. It's so lazy. It's like their thought process was... "Yumi's face looks about right, Ulrich's Game Boy can be cropped out, Jeremie can still be pissed, our target audience is prepubescent...SUCCESS."

I have never seen a child so excited for Physics. That clock goes by pretty fast. And this scene, too, is blatantly reused from Routine. Maybe they're reusing all the scenes they can because they have to animate a whole new character for the rest of the episode and that's just so much work.

Yeah, that whole "just three people" promise is going pretty well, isn't? Now I've just realized that this scene is blatantly reused from Holiday in the Fog. This is actually to the point where it's hilarious. Though here it works pretty well with the Sissi abuse dialogue.

Poor Jeremie. All the party in the world and he can't bring Aelita. <s>And then when she is in the real world he sits at his tube all day and doesn't go to parties with her. D:</s>

Abandoned Kadic. They're really trying to fill in time, I can tell.

Sock sliding is in this episode? That's random...and also hilarious! (And unfitting that they have this much time on their hands when they're organizing a Wild Teen Party...) And if Odd is describing Ulrich's "speed and agility" on the phone to who I assume is Yumi...Yumi must...enjoy that. I liked that scene. It was cute.

"That just goes to show you how much we love this place!" Or how much you love the parties, Odd. And doesn't Jim have anywhere to go?

"I bet that's cause at home your parents are sick of ya! I sympathize with them!" Hey, don't say that to Ulrich. 8<

The doors are also reused from Routine. And Odd's undershirt is gone~ And suddenly they remember they have a plot to progress.

Odd, think you might've forgot something? Like your shoes? And the cringing was taken from Swarming Attack.

Hm, a girl fell out of Odd's pocket. Odd, why did you need to lie about how she goes to school here? Unless it's a class/social decency issue? Because Odd appears to be macking on what amounts to a juvenile delinquent...or just because he seems to prefer to keep his girlfriends distant from his friends.

Oh, so that's the localization issue! He can't talk to his Aelita D:

And it's Samantha! And we see Odd flustered over a girl for the first time. (Never mind that he had a girlfriend named Marcy exactly one episode ago. LOL.) He can't seem to be able to talk to her so he just uses the language he knows best. In fact, all of their dialogue seems to be awkward. And yet they have no trouble with kissing. Odd has weird relationships.

"We've got better things to do, don't you think? Ready for a big thrill session?" Odd's epic blushing tells us that he's thinking exactly what we are. Maybe THIS is why he wanted Sam kept under wraps- she's a cut above middle school, isn't she? Also, her voice is a Jodi Forrest job. If that matters.

Yay! The localization whoozit worked! "Lyoko is constantly changing its access points on the network." Really now?

2 GIG RAM? That's a lot, right? Sam is indeed dangerous. Yay Odd for calling her out. "Nobody...does that around here!" Is he inciting the socioeconomic tensions between them, he going to a spoiled rich school and she being broke? That's not good...

And he took the fall for her? Odd, I don't think she's worth it. On another note, why do they have these computers all locked up if no one uses em?

Huh. Sam got locked in there. Now she can have all the computers she wants. Right? Riiight?

"Checkmate."
"Could I maybe try beating you at, like, karate?"
:3c

Jim, isn't it a little ambitious of you to take on the principal's position in this situation? Odd's also strangely submissive. Girls make him do the wacky.

Forbidden on school grounds? Really? I thought it was only in class. Jim's clearly so pissed he's making stuff up.

Lyoko's doing stuff. We just flew through a sector we didn't need to fly through...someone's trying to pad the episode! And there's Aelita. Only three episodes from reality! Yay!

What the hell are those globes? o_O And the ground is smoking. NOT GOOD.

Poor Sam. Trapped in the closet and all...the building be groaning. Still not good.

I still don't understand why Odd is so adamant about not telling Jer and Ulrich about Sam...I guess this would lead to their mistrust of her or somethi- SINKING BUILDINGS. XANA.

"Okay...let's go back to the beginning, because you've lost us." And Odd's web of lies comes crashing down. Whee. So what he's really afraid of is admitting that love made him do the wacky? Whatever. To the gymnasium!

FANSERVICE. EXCEPT NOT REALLY. It's kind of hilarious that Jim probably actually is pretty strong, but, ah, doesn't do cardio.

Factory factory...elevator, elevator...music, music, Jeremie, Jeremie...chair, chair...

This thing with the javelins and rope is actually pretty ingenious! Sam sounds more like Sissi now. And the city is sinking. Whee.

Lyoko is talking to us again. And there's Aelita! RUN, YUMI!

It appears that Kadic is now a mudslide. And that the javelin just failed. And then it succeeded. This reminds me of a zipline I refused to cross twice.

This underground look at the factory is pretty neat! I see a lot of blue stuff around it...does that mean that the computer and all is essentially underwater? :3 (Wait, yeah, duh. The Trap...)

Virtualization of a Yumi. So. Yeah, falling right out of the sky might be a bug. Yumi seems to fall into the Digital Sea a lot...

YAY Ulrich and Odd saved the day. I find I don't have much to say, which means I like it. Yeah, watching your roommate hug a strange girl must be awkward.

Yay Aelita for being helpful. Even if her only purpose is still to deactivate towers. But she's growing out of it a little. That makes me happy.

Wow, the schoolyard looks like crap. And Jim's epic music stops just as soon as he realized that crap has hit his window.

There was some Lyoko here.

Oh, this phone call. Poor Jim! You'd think they'd know it wasn't a prank, considering it's happening all over...lul. He's trapped in a closet.

No, Yumi, defeat them with your other fan! Oh, right, you don't have it yet. LOL. Them thar was a sneaky hornet. Aelita's on her own now...

And Aelita is not a stick in the mud! YAY!

Wait, they took Sam to the factory? Totes did not remember that. Well, she wanted a powerful computer, and she got one. Poor thing.

Virtualization. So they have to jump all those platforms again?
Good thing we don't see it. Ooh, this is active. Triplicate. Haven't seen that in a while.

For some reason that one frame of Yumi and Jeremie looked really well done.

Aelita made it! Yay! Nail biter minute...and the nail biting is no more. All is safe. Even poor Jim. "I DON'T WANNA DIE" Mud stops. RTTP time.

And this is the healthy way to introduce your girlfriend, Odd! And it looks like she was the one who wanted the relationship under wraps...

"I'll show you what you can do when you've got GREAT equipment." Jeremie.

In closing, why does Sam have all these mouth focuses? It's weird. And Everybody Laughs.

PROS:
- Provided a lot for me to overanalyze. Yay!
- Some layer of depth to Odd's personality, maybe?
- Awkward sexuality
- The implication that they held a Wild Teen Party
- Well-constructed, sensible plot
- Lyoko is fairly active but not exemplary

CONS:
- Real-world attack feels shoehorned in comparison
- Mouth focuses are weird

Engaging episode, this is! Not sure how much of its appeal I invented, but lovely all the same. Next is Ghost Channel, which I have never seen. That'll be fun.
Carth offline

Postby Rho » Sun May 09, 2010 3:06 am

HELL YEAH TOUGH JIM EXERCISING TO EYE OF THE TIGER MOMENT = awesome
"english isnt his first language, leave him alone. im more upset at people that have been speaking english their whole lives and cant write a readable sentence."
http://www.formspring.me/rholf
Presenting..the REAL Jean-Pierre Delmas!
Rho offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Sun May 09, 2010 11:47 am

That was awesomr in every sense of the word. But there is something rather peculiar I noticed about his room.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Previous