Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 pm

End of Take

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Eh?

YEAH!
45%
Uh-huh.
27%
Eh.
18%
Blah.
No votes
Ew.
9%

Total votes : 22

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:52 pm

Xenomorphs ROCK...

That is what the aliens in the movie "Alien" are called, right?
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Movie-Man » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:04 pm

Sithking Zero wrote:Xenomorphs ROCK...

That is what the aliens in the movie "Alien" are called, right?

Yes, they're called Xenomorphs in the Alien movies.
"Return to the past now!"-Jeremy
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Boss Tamsy » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:12 pm

is there a new AVP(Alien versus Predator) movie coming out? I heard there was.
EPIC FAIL!!
Boss Tamsy offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Movie-Man » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:20 pm

professor Tamsy Mk-2 wrote:is there a new AVP(Alien versus Predator) movie coming out? I heard there was.

Yup, a second film is coming next year but with different, directors, different actors and a different plot and its subtitle I heard is Survival of the Fittest.
"Return to the past now!"-Jeremy
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Carth » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:52 pm

I...really don't like this episode. It's heavily unrealistic, and James Finson is a creeper, but we do get to see a lot more of the factory, and it's definitely a more outre plot. Hopefully we'll all float on alright.

The opening is also full of pixels. Everything's in squares. It's...a nice sort of unifying theme I guess.

Why does that projector sound like an old-time projector? Effect I guess. And now for this movie. This movie is terrible. Like, Boxbot-grade terrible. That woman does a good job of both looking like Milly and being totally useless.

That's...exactly the same alien, isn't it? So not only did he rip off the Alien films, he's done it BEFORE.

A gun. They shot a gun on the show. But to be fair it only shot what looks like a burst of light at a nonhuman in a movie. But it's clearly a realistic-looking gun.

And sticky stuff ends up all over the girl. James Finson is a crafty movie-maker.

This guy. I don't like him either. He has this air that's like "I'm so damned cool, I can shoot a gun on a kids' show."

One thing I kinda like is this end music. One thing I kinda hate is how this movie has no plot.

"Totally ridiculous." Thanks, Jeremie!
"Wow. That was great." Ulrich, I'm sorry to say your world has no taste in movies.
I am very unwilling to believe that Odd was scared of any part of this movie. Unless it was a good beginning that sort of petered out as it went on.

"And which we all found very...interesting." Hm, was that movie *supposed* to be clichéd and bad? I hope it was. I mean, ODD's films were better than that.

Gaaasman. His head looks like a deformed potater. "Old factory that nobody uses anymore". Except, you know, the bubs that have saved your life seventy-odd times.

So is this guy well-known...at all? Or did he just feel like handing out signed photos of his potater head to small children? Guy in a suit is creepy.

"This Finson guy"- evidently not well known. Makes it a LOT creepier. Call it a hunch, but I think this *might* be the plot of the episode!

"How come every time he says there's nothing to worry about, I get worried?" Cause Ulrich's a dirty liar when it comes to that?

SISSI. Of course she'd do anything to be in film. <s>Personally love, you're better off casting your lot with Odd. He'll give you leading roles AND father your children.</s>

Is this Christine Flowers again? I have a feeling these were dubbed all out of order...

This man is clearly a child molester. And Sissi's CLEARLY sucking up to him. "To Sissi, who's got a lot of nerve." Indeed she does! I mean, I'm in a lot of shock right now. Talking like that to kids her own age is one thing, but...

I'm not sure if I'm proud or incensed that he burned her in the face.

Again, a child molester. He just went off alone with the Kadic little black dress.

"I love a dangerous shoot!" Sir, you have actors who may not feel the same. CLEARLY, YOU ARE INSANE. And intruding on Aelita's territory.

"Too bad about all that uranium they stored here for so many years..." Now that was a nice shot. Too bad Finson blew him off. THIS MAN IS DANGEROUS. This is actually becoming funny.

NICE, Odd. This guy's already got a creepy-stuff bender, thanks for enhancing it. Jeremie doesn't have any reason to be touching Odd's chest.

Keep your distance from the children, love. Despite my burning hatred for Finson, I'm liking the kids in this episode. They're goofy. This is a goofy episode.

Sissi, like I said. Don't cast your lot with Finson. Really.

Sissi's a wily character, I'll give her that much. Your REAL job- because this movie's a dump. Aelita joins a conversation? YAY SHE'S A CHARACTER

I'm still baffled as to how Sissi expects Ulrich to love her. She made him her freaking lackey and then filled his ears with balarkey.

This lady's scaaary. And mean! Too bad she's a plot device, she could really do some damage if let loose on the populace.

You have to admit that's a bit of a dangerous maneuver as a whole. I mean, what if there's an emergency? Like, you know, XANA? I am sorta questioning the legality of holing up kids here, but I guess if they're under Delmas' jurisdiction he can do what he wants.

"When you shoot with James Finson, there's never a problem!" Yes Man mindsets never get you anywhere, love.

Being alone on a desert island? I'd say it's the plot they need, except they get it in The Trap. She and Odd need it actually.

"My movie"? Man, you're self-abso-...guy in teh back of the crowd is hot. Blond. Like wow. And that's the same girl. THE SAME GIRL.

Not to mention, kind of a similar monster. He's basically remaking his previous movie. Maybe this is a sequel...? He seems like a sequel kind of guy.

Can't remember the name? You just said it. 8P And Mr. Finson, I'm afraid real life overrules you. This is fun.

So I guess he's not a sequel kind of guy. And he's really into making movies...he's just really...really...really BAD at it.

And now for the only scene anyone remembers! AAAAH! Twenty seconds of glory. Gory glory? So this movie would've seen Sissi brutally murdered? Wow.

I love how they're totally okay with letting a teenage boy and girl share a tent. Not just the people there, but...the show, at all.

Where he be goin...? XANA ATTACK

XAN-Alien!

"Finson's totally paranoid." More like way into this. He's like me with Five- OCD and in over his head.

Oh ffs, it's a Sissi. The second of many trips to the factory for her. None of which ever actually happened. (Aw.)

I'd say that's a bit of a stretch for her...except it isn't. Again, this obsession with dripping stuff on girls. (I'm reading too far into this and pushing the limits of the forum, I know...)

ALIEN! He mussed up Jeremie's chair >:( I'm surprised I can't really make any sort of real plot insight in this episode. It is really and truly a filler episode.

This really is a threatening sort of attack. Hits primal fears, powerful, and convenient. I like how in the face of adversity, these two still support each other.

There's the hallmark of a Lyoko Warrior, saving others before the self. Sock!

Jeremie, can he still hear you as you're running away? Or she?

"Who's the moron that...oh, it's you, boss! I'm sorry!" Nice save, Anonymous Guy.

Yep, Finson. Two teenagers totally stole your monster. I think this is one case where the most improbable thing is actually the truth.

Oooh, other parts of the factory! The place actually is pretty big, but we never actually see much of it. Ulrich is rather bad*ss here, just sorta handlin' the situation while Sissi freaks out.

Wow! From the gooey noises, you'd think they were being ripped apart. Oh, but they're glued to the wall, that's just as good. (Wait, how exactly is this XANA attack going to do anything except prevent a tower deactivation? He's not killing anyone yet, unless he expects them to die of starvation...)

Guard's a seepin. Nice going. Too bad we don't see much of these three yet...

So the chair magically cleaned itself, I wager? Either that, or Jeremie's sitting uncomfortably.

Polar region. Polar region...oh well, at least there's some Lyoko coming up.

There's a waterway in the factory? Why would that be needed at all? I wonder about Finson's cronies. Do they follow him because they think he's right, or because he pays them?

Virtualizatio~n.

"If you run, it'll warm you up!" But can't they not feel temperature? Maybe they're joking around. I love the broken ice here. I dunno why. I just do.

Ah, bait. Now it makes sense, so it can kill them all at once...?

So Yumi just habitually carries a knife around. Somehow...it fits her.

"You can kiss and make up later." I wish I was in BKO so I could make horrid immature jokes about this.

James Finson is unaware that he's nowhere near the bad guy in this situation.

"Armed with lasers!" Because there's a XANA monster (at this point) that isn't?

Hornets! Hai u guyz. I wonder how many times they say "reception committee" in the whole show. That's quite a barrage of lazers.

Aelita, don't run back to check on Odd. You know he's going to be alright; they always are.

"Tell me right now, what have you done with my alien?" And then the alien walks in and is like "'sup." Lovely. And he knocked out Finson. Lovelier.

"I created you! You have to obey me!" I'm sure that's what Franz Hopper said to XANA, too...

Homg, an ice slide! This is one of the reasons the ice sector is my favorite. It's epic amazing. Odd's getting some Overboard practice in. "I think I might just settle down and live here!" Would make life simpler, indeed...

Dust in the ice sector?

Poor Sissi. I'm afraid that when you want to be friends with heroes, you end up as kidnapping fodder.

Oh, I forgot this was the episode with the duplicate towers! Suspense suspense.

The thing seriously just broke through the ceiling. It is SCARY powerful. o_o

That's another drinking game question. How many times does Odd tell Jeremie they're not slacking off in some manner?

Wow, second time in the first ten episodes they've been in THAT position...now I know why there was such a big O/A fanbase.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

"Oh no, I'm out of arrows!" I was waiting for this to happen. ^w^

And now the obligatory tension scene. Kids in trouble, Aelita goes up the tower, final devirtualization to clean up loose ends...

Now THIS is a cool scene, with the alien strangling them. That must've hurt. Think about it...how many times have these kids suffered near-mortal wounds? Wow.

Oh, whoa, this is a new plot point! If she chooses the wrong tower, what now? But Jeremie's so sweet..."I have faith in you, Aelita." I think this is the first time he's really been that openly affectionate to her.

Ooh, nice continuity with Ulrich's lost shoe.

Some variety with the tower deactivation scene! I wonder why there was a delay...anyway, it was the right one, rejoice, rejoice!

Return to the past now...so really if you take out everything that never happened a good 75% of the episodes would be about two minutes long.

I wonder if Ulrich's just sort of calling Finson out on the Alien resemblence. Or if he's doing a more subtle job of discouraging the fellow. Good thing he was never really a major presence in their lives after all.

PROS:
- A lot more fun than I expected it to be
- Ice slide!
- Ulrich did good

CONS:
- Innuendo I probably overanalyzed
- Finson was annoying
- Really completely filler, not challenging to the imagination
- Sort of unrealistic, alien aside

Surprised me pleasantly, but not one of my favorites. Seems sort of out of place overall...
Carth offline

Postby oddlauren » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:59 pm

good, I thought I was the only one who didn't like this one.

I also thought it was a bad movie. scary? yea, whatever. stuck to the wall, I thought that was kind of weak.

yea, I thought the same thing. They can't feel anything on lyoko. I love the ice sector, and the slide. It looked like fun. :*D
oddlauren offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby HiddenWatcher » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:51 pm

The craziest thing is that there really was uranium stored in the factory. It's the battery powering the Supercomputer.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Previous