Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 pm

Image Problem

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Meow.

That episode completely rocked. :O
60%
Good.
25%
So-so...
15%
Could definitely have been better. :/
No votes
zOMGAH SUCKAGE!!!1ONEONEONE.
No votes

Total votes : 20

Image Problem

Postby Star Way » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:49 am

Yay for Yumi fighting her Xana-clone. Hooyah.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Lord Ryu » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:44 am

Meh, it was pretty good.
You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are all the same...

Lord Ryu offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Jeremie Lover » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:46 am

Xana-Yumi is the best ^^ :D
I Was Sissi Delmas Lover
Jeremie Lover offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby KayLenny#7 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:56 am

My favorite part would have to be when Jeremie looks back at Odd. Odd stuck his tounge out and then Jeremie made the funniest face ever! :*D It just screamed, "What in the-"
Formerly known as Numbuh 7

I'm out. Have fun homies.
KayLenny#7 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:34 am

I liked XANA-Yumi seducing Jeremie. Mirabelle did a marvelous job! If this ever happens again, the clone should get Ullllllrich. XD
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Darkborn » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:27 pm

C'mon! Xana-Yumi smacking Mr. Delmas with the phone was priceless!
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby KayLenny#7 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:28 pm

Darkborn wrote:C'mon! Xana-Yumi smacking Mr. Delmas with the phone was priceless!
That part made me cry. Poor Mr. Delmas was just doing his job. ;__; *sniff*
Formerly known as Numbuh 7

I'm out. Have fun homies.
KayLenny#7 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby oddsgrlfriend » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:25 pm

XANA-Yumi and Jeremie...OMG! I was laughing to hard. :*D
Life is a Fre@k $how!
oddsgrlfriend offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Aurelius » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:23 pm

I know this is cruel, but when Yumi hit the principal with the phone, I was on the floor laughing. XD :*D :*D
Don't worry, I'm an expert.

:wav:
Aurelius offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:41 pm

Me too.XANA-Yumi's evil laughter ws great.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Re: Image Problem

Postby Darkness Incarnate » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:50 pm

Star Way wrote:Yay for Yumi fighting her Xana-clone. Hooyah.

Hot girl on xana action. lol
All your base are belong to us,LOL.
Darkness Incarnate offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Taelia » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:01 pm

Heh. Yeah.

But one thing still bugs me: why did XANA want to disguise himself as a woman like Yumi?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Darkness Incarnate » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:04 pm

Even thou ulrich has better powers on lyoko I think Yumi could take him in the real world. Plus Xana may know that he has a thing for her and that he may not attack Dark Yumi.
All your base are belong to us,LOL.
Darkness Incarnate offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby MY85 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:05 pm

Taelia wrote:But one thing still bugs me: why did XANA want to disguise himself as a woman like Yumi?

It could have been anyone that could fight in Lyoko. It would have been even more creepy and weird if it was Aelita.

Although, this episode gave me a slightly naughty impression of Yumi, no matter if it was a XANA-clone.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Taelia » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:10 pm

I kinda imagined the XANA-clone of Yumi going after Ulrich instead. So when the real Yumi approaches, his heart would beat a lot faster.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Aurelius » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:12 pm

The first time I saw it I was confuzzled. :umm: :umm: Why was Yumi doing all of this?
Don't worry, I'm an expert.

:wav:
Aurelius offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Carth » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:53 pm

When one thinks of image problems, they think of teenage girls with issues. Instead, this episode involves...teenage girls with issues. And the slight problem of being a XANA-fied clone.

Also, I've had people asking me whether they can do reviews of their own, and the answer is yes, yes, YES! My whole point was to spur copies.

Anyway, on to Yumi's issues. By the way, has anyone ever heard of the moniker "Pick on Yumi Week" for the last episode, this one, and the next three? I've only seen it on TV.com or Wikipedia, which insist that we as a fandom say it all the time.

The theme song is also red. What with the wire-things.

Holy crap the episode starts in Lyoko! It's getting non-linear. And is this our first time with a mission in the Ice Sector? I dunno. Oh hay is Yumi and Aelita. Makin' noise.

"30 degrees north!" More like -30 degrees north, love. Even in your Celsius.

A...white tower? Franz Hopper, have you been starting things before your time? (Or, animators, are you making mistakes you don't know are mistakes yet?)

I think the animators are happy they have 25 less seconds to animate.

Wait. Before Aelita started talking to Jeremie she clearly called out "YUMI" in a high voice. Uh. Few seconds, scan picked up...clearly it's a XANA trap, but its whiteness...

Yumi hears funny noises. Yumi, RUN. Or devirtualize yourself!

"Sounds like Yumi!" Is there anyone else capable of screaming on Lyoko atm?

"She couldnt've just vanished!" Except, you know, she did. For some reason it seems like Aelita's a little more vitalized in her convo with Jeremie. It's a good change.

So, Yumi unconscious at the bottom of the scanner. Is this any different from her stock devirtualization? Except, you know, it's not her, but you know.

Okay, school! This looks more familiar. LOL the machine honked at him. HOONK. I would be terrified if a vending machine did that.

They need to get this drink machine fixed, don't they? It keeps spitting out substandard liquid. Or XANA-fied electric shocks. You'd think they'd avoid it by now.

Is it just me, or did Sissi's personality change with her voice? She was a lot calmer with the Christine Flowers voice...now with the Jodi Forrest voice she's all running and all. I think I like it better.

Now I've noticed Odd makes a crack at Sissi every episode. I think that's enough to call it flirting. "I reccomend the hot chocolate! Take my word for it!" Olol. Lovely there, Sissi, rockin' the Euro coin.

EDIT: AND AWAY TO THE INFIRMARY WE GOOO! Hello, <s>Yolande</s> Dorothy! How's life in Americanization-of-your-name-land?

Recess. They still have recess at that age? (Wait a minute, I still had recess at that age. Maybe. Maybe.) "Our teachers give us way too much homework." Try going to my school someday, Odd. xP

XANA clone ish temperamental. Why is <s>Yolande</s> Dorothy talking to her like she's a misbehaving dog? Oh my, a wrist grabbing.

You think they would've found some way to tie her down as soon as they thought something was up. S'all coming to prove my they're-new-at-this theory.

"Normally the return trip's pretty easy." So that's why she's always curled in a ball at the bottom, ne? Aww, mopey Ulrich. I find him more cute than drop-dead gorgeous, but still...

Not-Yumi's "buh"= "Oh, wait, I'm supposed to like these people! A bit." Her response to Ulrich's remark and no one else's leads me to think her actions are both rudimentary and preprogramed-

"Are you okay?" = "Yes."
Awkward pause = "Factory tiem."
Adult present = Beat them up
Anything else = Does not compute
No factory = Angry Yumi is angry

Hm, tower's still white. So at least Franzy-o is protecting his daughter from evil.

Wait...I-I'm speechless. Is Aelita taking personal initiative as a character? I'm kind of upset that I have to be proud of her for this! Go, Aelita! Ohay, it's a shiny orange sphere thing.

Lunch...dinner? Lunch. "I wonder if all these scans aren't becoming a health problem." Is this some awareness of how the world works I spy? (I think they're lucky the scanners didn't make them go bananas.)

Again, an offer to "get together". I suppose they'll be playing Parcheesi again. 8P

Not-Yumi has no sense of humor.

"Why don't you go out with her? She's really pretty." Oh-ho, I forgot about THIS part! Not-Yumi, you did not do your research on Lyoko Warrior dynamics, did you? It's Odd face that gets me here; he's like, "Must. Not. Admit. That she's right."

But how'd Not-Yumi know about Sissi waiting for him for ages? Lucky guess? Studied the wrong person? This bothers me. Oh, hello, it's a Delmas. His voice is fixed! Yay!

Back to Aelita. "It looks like a Guardian." Oh, so we've seen these orange blobs before! I wonder who it took the first time. Ooh, Guardian has some friends.

"A serious shock"- okay now they're just being stupid. Or maybe at this point XANA's too weak to be thought to possess/replace people.

Oh, hey, it's dorks! How ya doin, dorks? Jeremie puts his hand on Ulrich's shoulder. Dorks are kinda quiet and grouchy.

"Poor nurse Dorothy"- I wonder if JPD's been talking like this all his life or if it's some sort of business rhetoric.

Wait...attacking a school employee means two hours of detention? In most schools that's at least a month's suspension, if not expulsion in some cases. Not-Yumi got off lucky...

"I'm here to help you. That's part of my job." Meaning, if it wasn't his job, he'd be halfway to the hills by now. And he should be, job or not.

Phone. Dude, just for future reference the next 100+ times your school is attacked, if a kid has a flashing eye on their forehead, RUN. Or at least call Jeremie.

Now THIS is a chilling scene. Maybe they got away with it because it's Not-Yumi. Remember when they had to beat up Jim, and all we saw was a flash of light?

Jim, you are a very lucky man. Always remember that.

"As soon as I got close to the monsters, they started to shoot." So this is an abnormal thing?

"You shouldn't have left the tower, Aelita!" I could totally take a feminist bent here and equate the tower with, like, a kitchen or something.

"One of your friends"- So they're not her friends? Interesting...

And now, for the one scene anyone remembers from this episode. You think Jeremie would get suspicious after all this lack of vocalization and repeated requests. At least run tests on her, love.

Hoo hoo hooooo! I love this show. I. Love. This. Show.

Jeremie always looked...different without his glasses. Really...childish, I think. (Of course, at this point, he's 11 or 12...)

Okay. After all those Jeremie/Yumi scenes, this can't...this frustrates me to no end. Especially at the end itself...but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, ne?

I'm always confused by that line on Yumi's back. It can't be a buttcrack, it's too high up...

And the group gets torn apart thanks to a simple misunderstanding. Way to go, XANA, you horny...horn-face.

So Odd's angry because Yumi dissed his bro. But why is this a victory for Not-Yumi? I don't get it.

RUN AELITA!

I hear a thing...what do I hear...?

Anticlimax. Cause I'd really rather hear Mrs. Hertz describe asexual reproduction.

Odd's raspberry would be funny if it wasn't so...sad. This is a sad episode. But why would they automatically assume it was Jeremie's fault? I mean, Jeremie's sold his soul to Aelita. Oh well, at least it's fixed. And why has no one noticed Mr. Delmas yet?

Aelita is sneaky!

For future reference, Jerbutt, ALWAYS LOCK YOUR DOOR. Love and kisses, Carth-carth.

Okay. So Yumi's been acting strange all day, there's a XANA attack on the horizon, and Yumi failed at seducing Jeremie just hours ago. Of course it's Sissi's fault, great observation, Ulrich!

Awkward suspicious silence...and then they TAKE HER THERE? You were doing good so far, boys, don't ruin it now!!

Elevator. Glaring at each other. Looks like the candy bonding scene was not very effective.

Scanner. Yumi...oh my...

Yeyeah, boi, kill them evil Kankrelats!

Ohaider, Yumi! How ya doin all sleepy like? Your clone's killin stuff, we'd better stop er.

"Whatever you do, don't go anywhere near Yumi!" This, children, is irony.

Again, more stupid! Not-Yumi tries to cover for herself, and probably knowing she's gone ebal, TOTALLY FALLS FOR IT. I mean wat. And gets a sucker punch for his trouble.

Nice evil laugh, Not-Yumi.

Bad use of slow-mo thar.

So the Guardian is a he, is it? And this clone-creating thing of Aelita's...it's never really clearly defined. I guess it's an extension of her powers of some sort.

Exploding Guardian is kinda...creepy.

Ulrich's face would be a wonderful thing to wake up to. Yumi's lucky in that she gets to see it for the rest of her life.

"The other...you." DUN DUN DUUUUU~N

How'd they ever think Not-Yumi was Yumi? Yumi can't keep her trap shut.

Sometimes I wonder how the Lyoko Warriors must feel about shanking themselves, or each other. I imagine at some point they were desensitized to it. That's...kind of scary if you think about it.

So you habitually destroy things, do you, Yumi? Kung fu stances! Yumi's actually very skilled, I'm impressed.

Ulrich wasn't hit at all...

This is actually a better fight than anything on Lyoko, out here.

"Right, but thanks to you, I can count to three!" Aww. Ilu Odd.

Wait, who did Jeremie push down? I didn't see...

YAAAH in tandem! Alright, she actually ran into the tower. TOWER TIEM.

And now tower deactivated, in the nick of time, again. RTTPs must also be weird. The Lyoko Warriors are messed up kids.

Only Aelita could bring good out of that situation. At least XANA doesn't do it again for a while...though that last RTTP did provide a building block toward the next clone.

At least they're able to laugh it off. But they have to admit, they're set on edge pretty easy.

Okay, now back to how I'm REALLY confused. Yumi never flirts with Jeremie after this, ever. So why make all these jokes right now? Or did I miss something? Um? Um?

Oh, so it was all a joke. A joke Ulrich doesn't find funny.

PROS-
- Story flows extraordinarily smoothly
- XANA attack integrated excellently into the subplot
- Aelita gets a lot of credit and ingenuity
- Yumi vs. Yumi was awesome
- That scene :3

CONS-
- Extraordinary stupid from the boys further on
- And that's really all that bothered me

Wonderful, unique, adored it. Except for the stupid, but that's easily overlooked with all the win. Things are definitely picking up, and I like it a lot.
Carth offline

Postby oddlauren » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:07 pm

Now this was one of my favorites.

sounds like Yumi? who else could it be? Aelita is the only girl besides Yumi.

lol. yea, really. If there is an extra eye, run as fast as you can! :*D

I thought the J/Y, I mean non-Yumi scene was funny. Did Jeremie blush because he likes her? or because he's scared Ulrich will walk in? Which of course Odd and Ulrich walk in.
oddlauren offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid