Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:47 am

Holiday in the Fog

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

This one was...

Fantastic!
36%
Good
64%
OK
No votes
Not the best
No votes
Awful
No votes

Total votes : 14

Holiday in the Fog

Postby Star Way » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:16 pm

I like this one because Sissi admits some interesting inner feelings. :)

A lot of laughs, too. Yumi being annoyed at her parents, Ulrich not being able to stand math tutoring, Odd at the airport, and, of course, Jeremie stuck at school with Jim and Sissi, made for some classic moments!
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:22 pm

Yeah, she admits it, then loses her memory of ever saying it. XD
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Pikapower » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:44 pm

yea that is funny :D
Pika Pika, PIKACHU!!!!!

Odd Della Robbia's bro
(user not odd on cl)
Pikapower offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Taelia » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:02 pm

Hopefully, she'll say it again.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Darkborn » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:48 pm

Here's the thing that I like. If Ulrich and Yumi didn't see Jeremie in the fog, and took the shortcut. There would be no more CL after that point lol.
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Jeremie Lover » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:05 pm

Kiwi is skinny in that episodes. You can see his bones ^^ :*D
I Was Sissi Delmas Lover
Jeremie Lover offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:18 am

Sissi Delmas Lover wrote:Kiwi is skinny in that episodes. You can see his bones ^^ :*D

He's not skinny. He's svelt. XD
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:20 am

Where did that runn9ing gag come from anyway? :umm:
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby oddsgrlfriend » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:30 pm

Odd calling Jeremie 'Gran' :*D .
Life is a Fre@k $how!
oddsgrlfriend offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Darkborn » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:16 pm

Gram, actually. Not Gran.
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:01 pm

Oh, dat be a funny image.

This ep was funny. Who knew that Jer could be so cute...(the look on his face after Jer finds him in his chair...priceless.)
Carth offline

Postby oddsgrlfriend » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:15 pm

Darkborn wrote:Gram, actually. Not Gran.

Sorry. Jeremie was probably thinking 'oh my god Odd has finally lost it.' :eyeroll3: :oh:
Life is a Fre@k $how!
oddsgrlfriend offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Lord Ryu » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:43 am

That eppy is a classic. Although on Miguzi this was the only ep they showed for a while. xD

Haha.

Officer:What's that in your bag?

Odd:Uh...a skeleton?

Officer:What kind of skeleton?

Odd:Oh, that's my dog. His name's Kiwi.

Officer:... :*D
You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are all the same...

Lord Ryu offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:51 am

Odd sure loves his puppy, like a child of his own. :)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lord Ryu » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:55 pm

Haha!!! :*D
You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are all the same...

Lord Ryu offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby oddlauren » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:27 am

It was a great episode. my favorite part was odd at the airport. :*D
oddlauren offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Aurelius » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:24 pm

That was the episode where Jeremie was the. He had tht huge goofy grin and the peace sign. Then there was the graffiti. That smile was so funny!! :*D
Don't worry, I'm an expert.

:wav:
Aurelius offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:08 pm

I literally have nothing else to do except do homework and write Five. But...well...watching CL gets me an idea of the feel of the series, right? 8D; I'm actually growing to like this, it's a good exercise in sarcastic comments, and helps me to remember canon bits.

Holiday In The Fog. I never liked this episode the times I saw it...let's see what I think of it now.

Purple purple purple theme song~ Which is now growing on me.

You know what I just noticed? In some of these, during the title sequence (oh the old title sequences), there's no music, but when the ep starts, it segues into the theme like it had been playing. That's weird.

Maybe I find the series sillier as a whole now that I'm older, but when Ulrich shook the can at the screen I couldn't stop giggling.

KIWI! Hiya, ya little rat-dog. (What IS Kiwi? I mean breed-wise.) Jim sleeping = eeeww.

I'm also laughing hysterically at Jeremie defacing the school. I have the feeling he'd NEVER do this if not for Aelita. Aelita make him do the wacky. I do find their plan pretty cute now, though. Even though I doubt Jeremie actually has any artistic talent at all. (*looks at S4 outfits* Okay so maybe he does.)

"If I'd had more time I could've done the eyes better." Wow, Jeremie's snarky in this episode! Lookit that grin. Sort of reminds me of later in the series. Anyone notice he sort of grew an ego as time wore on? Or maybe that's just because he has a sort of "I'm the boss" air about him in the new Lyoko chair stock animations. (And now I have Lonely Island's "Like a Boss" stuck in my head. I hope I inspired lovely images in your head.)

"This time"? I guess this implies that while they were off on one of their previous school breaks, XANA wreaked havoc all over the place. Just BTW, I checked on CL.fr- the vacation here is "La Touissant", or "All Saint's Day", which for French kids is a week and a half off around the end of October/beginning of November, which is where we can date this episode. I love CL's timeline.

One thing I don't get, though. Keeping kids at school for the whole vacation as punishment? What if their parents had plans? I guess it's prearranged with them or something...poor bubs.

One thing I like here that never really got developed- which makes me sad- is Herb's sort of rivalry with Jeremie. The two of them are very vocal here. And also very observant.

And now we get the beginning of Sissi's noseyness. Yay! I have to admire her persuasive power- and willpower to boot. Clearly she is obsessed. Her body language here around her father has terrifying implications. I'm going to try and ignore them.

Hahaww poor Ulrich. Jeremie's voice is even grittier now. Almost sounds like he smokes a pack a day.

8D! The only facefault in the entire series, and it's beautiful. I mean look at it.

Why do we have to have these close-ups of Jim drinking soda? I know CL's heavy on the 'service but...no.

XANA attack time! Actually very effective, but a little misplaced, considering only one of his enemies is there at the time. It's really the nuances of the show that get me now, not the focal points of the episode (optimally the attacks)

Sissi's ignorance regarding the situation is also ironic. XANA = girlfriend? Psh. Well, she got two letters right.

"You said it. Not me." I have no idea how he convinced Sissi to take his place without doing any convincing at all. I guess he's just that awesome. <3 his little peace sign face.

Sissi is a stalker. Still don't know why she refers to them as "weird" as a collective if she's as obsessed with Ulrich as she ends up being. Maybe they hadn't come up with it yet.

Did Jeremie actually expect to virtualize her that night? Again, them two are so cute~

I think Aelita needs to stop relying on these pulsations, because they're hardly ever right.

20 years, Jim? You certainly live an unfulfilled life.

I wouldn't want Jim to be in Jeremie's shoes, either. He'd probably rip them to shreds.

Lots of desert towers this season. Either <s>the animators hadn't finished with the other sectors</s> or XANA just likes that sector.

Wait, how'd Jeremie manage to get away again? I guess it was the magic of love.

And why, pray tell, were there extremely poisonous substances in the basement of a junior high school?

Sissi running into Jim, that HAD to be awkward. And now they get the butt end of XANA oh no.

Okay, so the tower's actually in the Forest. They finished that one. And how does Jeremie expect to catch all three of them at this point, a night later?

Ulrich (or Mrs. Schmitt, if this is her house) must live very nearby if he can just run to the factory...which sort of nulls the idea of boarding, unless the Ulrich/Dad thing is that bad. Or maybe he took the bus. Thass a bad ringtone. If that is Ulrich's house it's very pretty and old-looking.

Where did Odd spend the night? At the airport? >.> And Airport Guy, that's clearly a dog. Odd you're a brilliant liar.

Hiroki appears to have spontaneously vanished on the grounds that he hasn't been imagined yet. Yumi is strangely hostile towards her mom- or could that just be familial sarcasm. Or the fact that the family's personalities hadn't been totally established yet.

GET OUT OF THE SCHOOL. DON'T TRAP YOURSELF IN IT.

Aelita travels to the forest. So. Warn them, Jeremie? They're dying. LOL pop culture reference. Wait, does this mean this takes place in *our* world? I hope it doesn't, what with the physics and all. And Ulrich and Yumi arrive at exactly the same time. I'm going to say that Mrs. Schmitt lives nearby.

There's a lot of Jeremie/Yumi interaction in the first few episodes that is very prevalent but leads to nothing. Was this supposed to be the planned 'ship breaker until they came up with William?

And Sissi admits what I suspected all along! Hooray! Oh, crap, now the smoke is spreading...

Transfer scanner virtualization. I think this is the first time Yumi manages to get to Lyoko in the show.

The forest sector's all...dirty looking. It's all shiny and green later on.

And now T-Loaf is right about Kankrelats defending a plan. I think unless I notice a discrepancy it's pointless to keep shouting off life points.

Telerkeesis! Yumi seems to have a lot of difficulty using it.

Ever notice that when they're told to hurry up, they go slower? I find I don't have much to say about the action parts. They're not really very active. Not as spectacular as they get later, anyway...shows what they were concentrating on. >.>

Tower tower tower. Deactivated.

RETURN TO THE PAST NOW! He finally said eet.

And everything ends happily. I kinda love how they're not strictly goody-goodies. Even if they save the world a lot.

PROS:
- Slight deviation in format with the vacation and all, additional roadblock.
- Jeremie's a snarky kid...until he inhales the smoke, then it all goes away
- Sissi stalkery.
- Facefault!
- Actually a pretty effective XANA attack idea

CONS:
- Attack would've worked better in a school full of kids
- Many annoying plot inconsistencies
- A bit too much idiocy

I think this is another 7. Cute but didn't engage me as much as it could have.
Carth offline

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:27 pm

Enjoy Everything wrote:8D! The only facefault in the entire series, and it's beautiful. I mean look at it.

It's perhaps one of the only points in the entire show when their foreheads are normal size.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Carth » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am

TheLordOfAppleFreaks wrote:
Enjoy Everything wrote:8D! The only facefault in the entire series, and it's beautiful. I mean look at it.

It's perhaps one of the only points in the entire show when their foreheads are normal size.

Maybe his mouth ate it. I mean look at the size of that thing. :nyeh!:
Carth offline

Postby Lani » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:02 pm

Carth wrote:"This time"? I guess this implies that while they were off on one of their previous school breaks, XANA wreaked havoc all over the place. Just BTW, I checked on CL.fr- the vacation here is "La Touissant", or "All Saint's Day", which for French kids is a week and a half off around the end of October/beginning of November, which is where we can date this episode. I love CL's timeline.

I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS. THAAAAANK YOOOOOUuu

When I'm not lazy I'll edit my timeline.

ps carth your overview was funny
we will advance with sword in hand
for our cause is pure
Lani offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby oddlauren » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:16 pm

I loved the one. Mainly because the line at the airport Odd said. Especially when Jeremie called him:

Odd: oh hey Grams
Jeremie: what are you talking about Odd? it's me, Jeremie.
Odd: ok Grams, yes, I'll bring the dog. love you too Grams.

they hang up, and the scene goes to Jeremie scratching his head.

I love how Odd ends up on a tree branch, and jumps down and lands in a standing position. I'd fall if I'd try that. :*D
oddlauren offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Saphire-089 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:25 am

Sorry to bump the thread, but does Jim sound like the principal at the end? He doesn't sound like himself to me.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby KayLenny#7 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:38 am

I noticed that also.

And I sure hope there's nothing wrong with bumping these particular threads. This forum will never live if we leave episode discussion dead on purpose lol.
Formerly known as Numbuh 7

I'm out. Have fun homies.
KayLenny#7 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak