Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:29 pm

Seeing Is Believing

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

How did you like this one?

Completely awesome. I loved it.
33%
It was pretty good, I guess.
56%
Meh.
4%
Not so great...
7%
Boo! Two thumbs down!!
No votes

Total votes : 27

Re: Seeing Is Believing

Postby Ari Rockefeller » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:49 am

Cassius335 wrote:
Star Way wrote:I think it's interesting that after creating their band, the Pop-Rock Progressives, they only did one song. xD

Maybe the band's still going off-screen?

I know, right? For all we know, they could've belted out a whole set, and then for the encore, done an instrument swap and called themselves something like...I dunno, "Techno Status Quo", much like how Dream Theater calls themselves "Nightmare Cinema" (the "approximate opposite" of their band's name).

Hell, for all we know, Nick could've ended up singing (with Ulrich on trombone, Yumi on keyboard, Odd on drums and Jim plaing guitar).

P.S. I plan on using the name Techno Status Quo in my fanfiction at a later date; i.e. IT'S MINE I CALLED IT
<b>This page kinda-sorta-accidentally-on-purpose left blank.</b>
Ari Rockefeller offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Re: Seeing Is Believing

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:57 pm

Ari Rockefeller wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:
Star Way wrote:I think it's interesting that after creating their band, the Pop-Rock Progressives, they only did one song. xD

Maybe the band's still going off-screen?

I know, right? For all we know, they could've belted out a whole set, and then for the encore, done an instrument swap and called themselves something like...I dunno, "Techno Status Quo", much like how Dream Theater calls themselves "Nightmare Cinema" (the "approximate opposite" of their band's name).

Hell, for all we know, Nick could've ended up singing (with Ulrich on trombone, Yumi on keyboard, Odd on drums and Jim plaing guitar).

P.S. I plan on using the name Techno Status Quo in my fanfiction at a later date; i.e. IT'S MINE I CALLED IT

LOL...and suddenly...these two "surprise" CDs MoonScoop is coming out with...make a bunch more sense.

Pop Rock Progressives Album! XD

;)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ulrich98012 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:36 pm

Lol... An album? Wow... :)
I wonder if in Series III there will be more eps on the pop-rock porogressives.
Code Lyoko is coming soon on ds!!!
Ulrich98012 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Carth » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:25 pm

Ulrich98012 wrote:Lol... An album? Wow... :)
I wonder if in Series III there will be more eps on the pop-rock porogressives.

This is kind of ironic. Also, I wonder what Star Way's reaction to her posts here would be. My guess is that it would be exceedingly sarcastic and profane.

But, um, that's not the point. The point is I'm still cripplingly pathetic and nostalgic, so I'm going to watch this episode called Seeing is Believing. I don't entirely remember what it's about, so be patient with me.

Theme music's still purple. LOL, "Storyboard by Luis Ruiz". His first name is like his last name!

A guy, he waffles. I'm about as bored as the William knockoff with the ponytail. Guy looks like a younger Franz Hopper. Maybe that's his name. Guy.

Why does Odd seem to have an obsession with Kiwi taking a leak? Which reminds me, I haven't seen Kiwi in the series yet. Way to explain things, CL.

Jeremie's voice is already getting deeper. Puberty isn't kind to this kid- it gave him a deep voice and then took it right back. Maybe once it comes and stays it'll sound more mature. Anyway...isn't Jeremie at least smart enough to know not to ask Lyoko-related questions in class?[/questions I'm not allowed to ask] Guy is not amused. <3 the awkward silence, CL needs more of those.

Okay, this is funny. I heard a raspberry being blown, but no tongue was seen. Maybe whoever did it ad-libbed it. I don't know if it's Gézcy or the other guy in this episode. Either way, you're awesome.

Blown fuse, right. When electronics start going haywire, it's always XANA.

Somehow, I get the feeling XANA was doing better when his attacks were subtler. These guys seem to spend a good few hours doubting him until people start getting hurt.

Wait, why'd they need JP's permission to start a band? Maybe to use the theater space. Foxtrot Fanatics. Oh JP.

Okay this sounds more like Gézcy. I love Odd. And Jeremie has no taste in music.

This is such a different Aelita, it's a little disconcerting. She doesn't seem to have anything to strive for in her life other than communicating with Jeremie- which I think is what he liked about it. I have this theory that once she remembered her father, she got less attached to Jeremie as a central male figure...but I digress.

I cannot understand anyone's enthusiasm for brussels sprouts.

Odd's a character in this episode. I have a feeling I'll have to stop pointing this out eventually. Soup tastes like dishwater scene!

William knockoff with the ponytail is actually a very able drummer. Poor guy. If he's not being mistaken for a girl, he's just standing around and generally looking really strange. Naomi is just Oddbait, through and through. Oh Odd you manwh*re.

I guess in the imminently exploding pylon vs. dealing with Sissi deathmatch, Sissi wins. "Deadbeat weirdos" = "I love you please let me hang out with you oh please please please". Once again, Odd needs to watch his language around his future wife. Nicolas is...pretty sexy awesome at the drums! Like I said, he's not a bad guy. He just needs to stop wearing short shorts, which he thankfully does later on so yeah.

A beginner, Odd? What exactly were you planning to teach her?

And here we have some Jim-ish oddness coming out of the woodwork! And it's not supersaturating the episode, big plus.

Aw. Jeremie and his attatched-at-the-hip concern for Aelita is adorable. ^w^

I just noticed, the sewers are very inconvenient. What with the jumps and all. Can the factory be accessed from the surface alone...?

I don't know why Yumi's so worried. All they really have to do is get to the tower, which they've done a million times probably...then again, that pylon voltage is shooting up...

Maybe Aelita's martyrdom instinct comes from her lack of a sense of human dignity- something that also had to be returned to her by FH. I think I'm reading too much into this. But Yumi's "thank you" was a bit heartless. "Thank you for throwing your future into jeopardy for us! 8D"

Scanner scanner.

GUY! I love Guy. Yumi's terrified for her life.

And now for another episode of "Strange Lyoko Features We Never See Again". Ponds! And plants!

Dr. De-what's-his-name? Whatever. HIS NAME IS GUY. I <3 how Jeremie said 85 when clearly it was 84. I'm far more amused than they are.

I giggle at their sittin'-bored sort of stances. Oh hey it's a tower. RUN BUBS. No, wait, Krabes. RUN AWAY.

Keeping track of this again. Odd's hit in the leg, life points unknown. Odd's hit again, devirtualized. Ulrich's hit in the shoulder, life points unknown.

Once again, Jeremie says 95 when clearly it is 94.

Police Guy, I think that when a mysterious urchin tells you something that's impossible to believe, you believe them, because they're probably trapped in a supernatural coming-of-age story that involves helping you.

Huh...Ulrich gives orders to his other Ulrichs. Does this mean they're like clones, with independently functioning minds? That's kind of creepy.

Hurry up, Aelita...HURRY UP, AELITA...

Wow, that was done in the nick of time. About how fast does electricity travel, again?

Okay, the song! Odd's a pretty good guitar player. Yumi's a pretty bad singer. Ulrich...I can't really hear his keyboard too well. Nicolas wins. Jim wins. This whole scene reminded me of the end of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. If you've seen it you know what I mean.

And in closing:

"Your energy is super nuclear! You're going to make this town explode!"

PROS:
- Nicolas is actually good at something.
- SOOPER NUCLEAR
- The episode inspired some introspection character-wise, though mostly sparked by later episodes
- Odd made me giggle

CONS:
- Plot was a bit unwieldy, seemed almost shoehorned in
- A few inconsistencies
- The PRP song could've been better. Then again, they are only teenagers. Preteens, at this point.

Overall, I'd give this a good solid 7, maybe 7.5 for background touches. I'm growing to appreciate the series a little more in doing this. I'm learning to have fun with it.
Carth offline

Postby desincarnation » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:42 am

You're doing a really awesome piece of work with these episode reviews. I wouldn't have enough will power to write this all...
Yay "Super Nuclear!" I noticed that CL has relatively little words to go by or phrases that when used indicate that you're clearly an CL fan. But "super nuclear" is so... unique.

Wow, that was done in the nick of time. About how fast does electricity travel, again?

The inconsistencies in this episode keep bugging me as well. An electric impulse travels with the speed of light. It couldn't have just vanished when Aelita deactivated the tower... I think it would make much more sense if actually XANA didn't manage to send that impulse, but that would not be as spectacular as a powerful charge coming down towards the power station which suddenly disappears(followed by Jeremie's gasp of relief XD) Same thing is with laser beam in "Satellite". Just... CL reality is ruled with different laws than our own.
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:17 am

I don't remember this episode a whole lot, but didn't XANA use Kankrelats in this episode? It seemed tactfully incompetent of XANA. "Oh, today I'm going to blow up a nuclear power plant. I'll use basic creatures to defend what might be my most powerful attack yet."

And wouldn't the pylon just melt from all of the heat energy being stored? Simply pointless.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:38 am

TheLordOfAppleFreaks wrote:I don't remember this episode a whole lot, but didn't XANA use Kankrelats in this episode? It seemed tactfully incompetent of XANA. "Oh, today I'm going to blow up a nuclear power plant. I'll use basic creatures to defend what might be my most powerful attack yet."

And wouldn't the pylon just melt from all of the heat energy being stored? Simply pointless.

Krabes. Two, I think. I somehow get the feeling that XANA is a whole lot of anger with way too much power and not much competence.

And I think I've heard the melting thing somewhere before...I think we'll just have to go with NIP and chant the MST3K mantra.
Carth offline

Postby SilverPrince » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:38 am

TheLordOfAppleFreaks wrote:I don't remember this episode a whole lot, but didn't XANA use Kankrelats in this episode? It seemed tactfully incompetent of XANA. "Oh, today I'm going to blow up a nuclear power plant. I'll use basic creatures to defend what might be my most powerful attack yet."

You're asking questions that shouldn't be asked, Mr. Freak. Questions that you can't handle the answers to. Questions that are very... dangerous.

I'm afraid that you're going to need to be silenced.

*Moonscoop swoops in, scoops AppleFreak away to seekrit prison*

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby desincarnation » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:24 pm

@up: ...
I guess even being a "teacher's pet" I should be more attentive...

Anyway, I recently found a fanfic based on the episode, Musical Exchange The author shows the Pop-Rock Progressives plot from Nicholas's point of view. Interesting, since it suggests Nicholas/Yumi ;) .
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Previous