Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 pm

Log Book

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Who was stupidest?

Ulrich, for putting Lyoko in his diary
27%
Sissi, for not doing something cooler with that knowledge (like turning up at the factory!)
30%
Odd, for jumping from a moving vehicle
7%
The Bus, for trying to audition for the lead role in 'Speed' while full of kids
37%

Total votes : 30

Log Book

Postby TB3 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:25 am

Log Book...this might not be the best episode of Season One, but it's one that has a special place in my heart - the first full episode of Code: Lyoko I ever saw, and one that introduced me to so many aspects of the show I love;

Sissi (I swear I felt more on her side than the protagonists! I know the feeling of unrequited love.)
Jim (He's such a clutz but he has a heart the size of an ox!)
Odd (Even though he was not voiced by Matt I loved him from the start!)
The Tech (OH GOD! I LOVE THE TECH!)

Have your say on this classic ep here!
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:26 pm

Sissi acted pretty nice around Odd is this ep. When she was walking away, she was looking back at Odd and not Ulrich. ;)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby oddsgrlfriend » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:33 pm

ODD AND SISSI SITTING IN A TREE K-I-S-S-I-N-G! FIRST COMES LOVE THEN COMES MARRIGE THEN COMES ODDSGRLFRIEND JUMPING UP AND DOWN SCREAMING 'HURRAY'!
Life is a Fre@k $how!
oddsgrlfriend offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:13 pm

Yeah, just what I as thinking.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Chad Rains » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:40 pm

I voted the last poll option just because it was so random. :D

nevertheless, a classic episode.
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby KayLenny#7 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:01 pm

I kinda liked how Sissi towered over Ulrich when she was trying to snuggle hime when they were walking. I thought she was going to fall over and take him down with her! :*D
Formerly known as Numbuh 7

I'm out. Have fun homies.
KayLenny#7 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:10 pm

I hope episodes like this are made in future seasons!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Blueyedblonde » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:14 pm

I loved the ending to this episode! (For obvious reasons)

Even though Odd wasn't voiced by Matt, I thought that his voice sounded cute when he said:

"I bet this crate goes about as fast as a snail." :D

Heh, I thought that it was way funny when Odd asked Sissi if she had a nose job. I almost died laughing! Sissi kind of bugged me in this episode, she was such a stalker! Eh... Good episode though! ;)
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Taelia » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:17 pm

She was looking back at Odd. I thought that was cute.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyokofreak » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:20 pm

i never saw the episode ;__;
How to write an infinite Jesus pwns loop in PHP:
while($_SERVER[PHP_SELF])
{
echo "Jesus pwns!";
}
Lyokofreak offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:21 pm

LyoKoHaCk wrote:i never saw the episode ;__;
you haven't very missed much
Joined in 2005, left 2008, came back July 2011

Used to been XANAcomputer/lyokolover.
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lord Ryu » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:21 pm

It was a fair episode. Better'n 'Plagued'.

The Bus is stupidest.
You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are all the same...

Lord Ryu offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:50 pm

Chris C. did a good job though not as amazing as Matthew, whom I'm suspecting has bits of his voice in his real life voice.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Aurelius » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:15 pm

At the way end with Ulrich and Yumi's profiles, he made a motion towards her as if to hug her or kiss her or something but he pulled away. Strange.
Don't worry, I'm an expert.

:wav:
Aurelius offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Lyokogirl_147 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:08 pm

I think Ulrich because it would take away option 2 of Sissi finding out about the facotry. :wag:
Dance Dance Revolution Girl 4 Life
Lyokogirl_147 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:36 pm

Odd sounded like a girl in this ep.
Also, couldn't XANA have done something different with the bus, like driving it into the nuclear power plant? :umm: Bad planning of XANA's part. :wag:
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby Malkmusian » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:46 pm

Wasn't this episode like the movie Speed?
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby ODDCHEEZY » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:42 pm

A bit. But because I'm a cl fan and not a speed fan...*rolls eyes* I'd say that this one was way better.
Chuck E. exploits pictures of children having seizures in front of other kids...O_o Go Matt Langston!

ODDCHEEZY offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Carth » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:14 pm

I've never actually seen Speed, so I can't give my exact opinion on that...but I can say that from what I remember of this episode, I didn't like it much. It never excited me. Let's see if that's still true.

On ira, on sora, sauve notre existence...

Odd's voice is clearly the other guy. I'm sorry to disrespect him by forgetting his name. And I think this is also the first time Odd's mentioned being hungry at all. Odd, I hate you for your inability to gain weight.

If I were you, Ulrich, I would've put your diary on the computer like everyone else. Have you noticed that EVERYONES' diaries are video logs? Well, Jeremie and Franz's, anyway...the other kids seem to have regular book diaries. And then again, Ulrich and Odd don't have a computer so yeah. Never mind. (On the other hand, have you noticed that everyone keeps a diary/journal? I think of the main seven kids, Odd and William are the only ones I've seen without them.)

Ooh, let's see what's in their drawer. Books, baseball, cassette (whut), pencil case, papers, Game Boy...some tube...nunchucks? Ohohohoho.

Odd, again, I HATE YOU. Once again, I think this one was dubbed before the last two. Jeremie also sounds a bit more high-pitched.

Angry mopey Ulrich Stern. And the crowd goes wild. Smiley schemey Sissi Delmas. And the crowd starts throwing tomaters.

Still image of walking kids made me LOL heartily. It's funny, they have the ability to walk completely still.

"What's he doing with Sissi?" Losing his soul, of course! Sissi is either really delusional or otherwise just warped in the head, to think that winning someone's love means getting them to be close to you by stealing their soul. Though the dragging scene was cute, no lie. And the group WTF.

Why does Odd not suspect that foul play's been involved? If this did happen about a year after they came together, then shouldn't something like this have happened like five times by now?

Daah, Odd. I can't hate him for long. And that's why I hate him so much.

That's right, Odd, spend a little quality time with the girl you're clearly going to grow old with. Is he putting the moves on her or what come on guys you know he is.

Ulrich's awkward, trailing sort of voice here is so cute :3 I'm not that sure if it changed, but I know he had the same sort of voice in Teddygozilla. I'll have to watch another ep to be sure. [size=0]Jeremie holds Ulrich's shoulder for a good minute.[/size]

Is Ulrich faking concern for Sissi in the nose job thing? Because I bet in other situations he'd be rolling. [size=0]Jeremie holds Odd's shoulder. This is becoming a habit. If anyone's wondering what this is, Stonecreek and I have a theory running that Jeremie's bisexual, so I'm pointing out sexually awkward moments for the lulz.[/size]

Oh, hey, look, there's a XANA attack in this episode! BUS!

Why does Jim feel like blathering on to Odd about the bus, other than we the viewer's benefit? And were completely electric buses even legal/possible back in 2003/4/5?

There are a lot of "aww" moments here, like Odd waving to the driver. Aww.

Wait, so Odd's known by name, but Ulrich is "kid"? Huh.

Clearly sir your bus is possessed by XANA. Whatever you do, don't just tap it, shrug, and keep going with a bunch of children aboard. Like, you know, what you just did.

What them be whispering?

Now here we have another out-of-place Jeremie/Yumi intimacy moment. Without socks or shoes. Every time I see this scene I'm like "what", because the barefootedness makes no friggin' sense. I hope Einstein poster was alright after Yumi knocked all his teeth out. But she does seem pretty srs business about helping Ulrich...and, seriously, WHAT'S WITH THE BARE FEET.

Are you sure Aelita's going to want to talk to you, Jeremie, after all the shenanigans you've been up to today? loljk. Lyoko. Aelita. Studying our world, which retroactively means her world. She's so docile. It's odd. Hey, wait, it's Odd.

Cruising along at 20 mph...kind of like me when I'm driving. I think Jeremie's just pissed that Odd interrupted his Aelita time.

Hairpin break-in! Always the best way to go about things if you're a Kadic student.

Wait a minute. That pillow's in English. *pops over to CL.fr* Yup, English. What's with all the gratuitous English in a French show, bb? And creepier still, why was Sissi's diary covered in...cookie crumbs? And why is Yumi talking to herself? Why does she even know what Ulrich's handwriting looks like? And couldn't she clearly see the diary was pink?

Really, Yumi, is the fact that Sissi loves Ulrich that much of a shock? Maybe this is supposed to translate into our shock...except that we already know.

And, Sissi! Maybe if you were actually NICE to him, he'd stop avoiding you. But I guess love and lack of ignorance are two different things at this point. Sissi, what a sack of bricks you are. On another note, these paintings are pretty. On another another note, have you noticed the bulk of plot-stuffs for the episode takes place only in the first few minutes, at least in these first few eps? A good chunk of episode is the Lyoko battles, and yet the plotstuff feels meatier, more memorable.

The whole Sissi-knows-about-Lyoko bit wasn't very well set up. Son, I am disappoint.

HEY THAT SMILING SCENE WAS REUSED IN MISTER PUCK. Dirty cheaters!

Why does Sissi even put up the pretense of asking authority for freedom? I like his reaction- "buh". And then his face when Yumi calls. THAT would elicit a reaction! The subtlety of the relationships is shocking. Mostly because it was, like, gone in later seasons.

Yumi sounds more like Jodi as Sissi than old voice Sissi. :3 Ohai diary. So I guess there's only one girls' toilet, ne?

Wait, how is that a victory? She's still read it, she could recite what she knows from memory...not well set up at all. It feels a bit like a fanfic, except without Yumi reading the diary, discovering Ulrich's truest feelings for her, and the resulting sloppy makeout and confession of love.

"It's about time! I thought that guy would never get off your back!" Looks like David G. didn't totally develop Herb's voice yet- I can tell, cause he sounds like William. That's another thing that didn't really survive Season 1- Herb's crush on Sissi. I mean, sure, he's a tagalong, but it isn't as obvious anymore...

Hey it's French Accent Guy! Except he don't got a French accent. Aww. That was...kinda pointless.

Bus go VROOOOOOOOOOOOM. That man has a nice mustache.

Washington Street and Franklin Avenue OH GIVE ME A BREAK. *pops on over to CL.fr again* There aren't even names here... "Three east and one south"... are these coordinates? I have no idea...maybe it's a French thing. Too French for our founding fathers.

Why is Odd not dead? I mean like really you guys. Bus go even moar vroooooom.

*totally derails herself* Wait, aren't hot guy and strange barrette girl supposed to be in the 8th grade, and therefore on the bus? And since when did strange barrette girl steal my man? >:(

Burned, Herb, burned by the one you love. Hopefully you have the sense to stay away.

Constellation Intersection...okay, that one got translated right. How can you spot specific vehicles with a computer system? I guess the supercomputer's just that awesome.

Virtual image? Aelita, you can SEE it. Girl needs to brush up on her vocab. She's just a voice of Lyoko action in this episode...which is...really...sad.

Goin to the factory time for Yumi. Goin to Lyoko time for Yumi.

Whoever planned this city where they lived needs to saw off his bum for putting all these dangerous chemical processing places right in one spot. Not to mention within easy reach of XANA. Or a plot.

JimxBus Guy ...otp? Whatever. Jim speaks what's on all of our minds, though maybe not for the same reasons.

I can't tell if Sissi's upset because she's about to die, or because she really is upset. Oh well, RTTP *sheds tear*

Do do do do do.
De do do do do do.
De do do do do do, do do do do do, do do do do do do dooooo...
DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DO DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DO DO DO DO...
Sandstorm. Don't tell me you all didn't think it. I wonder why we never saw this again.

Yeah. Both of you'll die. MEGATAAAAANK. This must've been frustrating to animate. Especially when they didn't actually end up using it. XANA can directly affect Lyoko? Never knew that. And I don't like it when they dub an additional singing voice over the regular singing voice. It's tacky.

To the right, to the right, to the right, to the right...

Slowest devirtualization ever. One Odd in, one Yumi back out.

Aelita, I think you've been relegated to the status of "plot device" for this episode. Sorry. 8(

Okay, THIS scene ought to have gotten the OxA shippers in a tizzy. "Let's go to work, Aelita!" Classy.

Lyoko is kind of blah in this episode. "Odd, you're out of your mind!" That's redundant. Yay they won! I think that's the first time anything's ever fallen in the Digital sea. At least this time she had the good sense to run into the tower...

But not enough sense to make the floating up a little faster...love, they're gonna die...

But, of course, they save the day! I wonder what the calculated chances of that are...

Shiny.

Omg it's a Yumi Ulrich moment oh my god you guys. So cute~ "One day, I'll tell you what's in here."

Wait a minute, if Ulrich got the diary, doesn't that imply that he was in the girls' bathroom? Smoooooth!

And now, in closing, we have a still image of Odd jumping. Lovely.

PROS:
- Lots of cute
- Lots of romantic tension
- A very good, creative XANA attack

CONS:
- Lots of awkward
- Lyoko was meh
- Aelita was pretty much useless

I don't think I'm going to give out numbers anymore. This episode was poorly planned out, slightly awkward...and yet I found myself loving it. So while I can't give it a 7, I can't give it a 10. So, I'll just say what I said- cute, fairly entertaining, not the pinnacle of entertainment.
Carth offline

Postby TB3 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:56 pm

Carth, that was just brilliant! We need more reviews of AWSUM! ;)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carth » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:14 pm

TB3 wrote:Carth, that was just brilliant! We need more reviews of AWSUM! ;)

8D! I'm going to do Big Bang tonight...hoping to work my way through all the episodes by whenever. Thank you! postmoar kindly
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:08 pm

Sissi's voice actress was different here. Christine Flowers sucks.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stonecreek » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:12 pm

Carth wrote:[size=0]Jeremie holds Ulrich's shoulder for a good minute.[/size]

Is Ulrich faking concern for Sissi in the nose job thing? Because I bet in other situations he'd be rolling. [size=0]Jeremie holds Odd's shoulder. This is becoming a habit. If anyone's wondering what this is, Stonecreek and I have a theory running that Jeremie's bisexual, so I'm pointing out sexually awkward moments for the lulz.[/size]

That was you idea in the first place...I just ran with it. Though I'm sure that, if I were rewatching the series like you, I'd find all sorts of non-canon nuggets to mess around with.

Good review as always, Carth. I realize now I barely remember these early episodes, because I didn't start really tuning in until season two had just gotten going.

YDV wrote:Well you see, the amount of time we didn't normally hang around BKO is kind of like potential energy, and then when we all finally came back at the same time it's like letting loose a catapult. 8D

It's all very scientifical. |D

Ah, memories...
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Anime_and_M ... hp?act=idx
Stonecreek offline