Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:29 am

Big Bug

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Kiwi and Sissi - your opinions

OMG! They're sooo cute!
44%
Not my taste but if their love is true WTH!
39%
Eww...
17%
Off with their heads! Burn them!
No votes

Total votes : 18

Big Bug

Postby TB3 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:33 pm

Hehe - one of the first S1 eps I ever saw, and I thought I'd describe this episode in verse, with the help of Soul Asylum's song, Runaway Train!

"XANA drove off on a runaway train
Like a madman laughing at the rain
A little out of touch, a little insane.
Toxic blow-up's gonna cause some pain!

Runaway trains, never coming back
Runaway trains, tearing up the tracks
Runaway trains, computerized pain
Return to the Past makes everything the same."

Okay, I can't sing to save my life, but if you liked this episode say why here (how many people became SxK shippers after this ep? :P ).
Last edited by TB3 on Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby oddsgrlfriend » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:37 pm

Sissi and Kiwi...I'd perfer Odd and Sissi but it's a start. Poor Kiwi. It must be hard dating someone with a lower IQ than him. (that was harsh but I love to hate Sissi)
Life is a Fre@k $how!
oddsgrlfriend offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Jeremie Lover » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:56 pm

THATS ANIMAL ABUSE! :*D Lol i prefer Sissi and William ^^
I Was Sissi Delmas Lover
Jeremie Lover offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:56 pm

XD I'll move this to Episode Discussion then. ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TL. » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:04 am

The first episode I saw (not in full. That was Ghost Channel)...god I thought it was cack. Now I think about, good ep.

Moral of the story kids: Never let a computerised train haul chemical goods!
THIS IS MY FORUM NOW!

ALL WHO DEFY ME, SHALL BE DESTROYED!
TL. offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby oddsgrlfriend » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:02 pm

Haha. I can't remember what the episode was about though. All I remember is Sissi and Kiwi.
Life is a Fre@k $how!
oddsgrlfriend offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:25 pm

Herve falling on top of Sissi was hilarious! If only he coulda kissed her...
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby oddsgrlfriend » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:38 pm

Oh. THAT one. I remember now! Thanks.
Life is a Fre@k $how!
oddsgrlfriend offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Lord Ryu » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:03 pm

Meh, I can go either way with this ep. It would of been funny if Team Lyoko had failed.

Nucular Waste!
You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are all the same...

Lord Ryu offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Darkborn » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:16 pm

haha I made something up once.

*They fail on Lyoko*
Yumi: The Trains are going to crash!
Jeremie: Oh no!
*boom*
Odd: Hey..what's that shiny stuff?
Ulrich: Candy?
*Minutes later; at the crash site*
Jer: Hehe Awesome! The trains had candy! Maybe XANA isn't bad at all!
Odd: Hey Ulrich! Can You pass me one of those Radioactive ring pops?......Radioactive?! Heh no wonder I had a cat tail outside of Lyoko, I thought it was just some after effect!
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:47 pm

XD Funny stuff! Wait....why was the ep called Big Bug anyway? :umm:
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Jeremie Lover » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:09 am

I think it was called because the train's computer's were bugged by XANA
I Was Sissi Delmas Lover
Jeremie Lover offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:13 am

And XANA is big. Gotcha. ;)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:00 am

Sissi Delmas Lover wrote:I think it was called because the train's computer's were bugged by XANA

Kinda - but it was the railroad control network that was bugged, not the locomotives. XANA didn't need to try and control the engines from a great distance, instead he just locked human operators out of the system, lined the switchtracks up for a collision and set all the signals to green.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby animenologist » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

It should be noted though that the trains themselves were automatic, with no human conductors. All the other trains with a human operator seemed to do alright, though XANA could of just avoided them for computerized freight trains due to preference. Also, not often mention is that XANA didn't directly attack the trains, atleast not in the same fashion he normally does. It was noted that the attack was a large and fast spreading computer virus that affected every major computer system in the countruy, including electrical, communications, and air traffic controls (and possibly military, but would France purposely state their military was reduced to nothing by a virus?). It is probably XANA's first attack that was explicitly stated to be a "virus"?

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes.

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes."
-- Buckminster Fuller
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Aurelius » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:28 pm

I liked it, but yet again Aelita deactivates the tower the moment before the trains collide, which happens in every episode. That's what I don't like.
Don't worry, I'm an expert.

:wav:
Aurelius offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Chiquita » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:59 pm

Aurelius wrote:I liked it, but yet again Aelita deactivates the tower the moment before the trains collide, which happens in every episode. That's what I don't like.

I hated that too.

By the way does anybody notice, whe Jim takes Kiwi and Odd to some room, I notice when they show Odd's legs I see Sissy's pants and shoes. :s
No signature apparently. I'm boring....O_O
Chiquita offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Pentomo » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:01 pm

Chiquita wrote:
Aurelius wrote:I liked it, but yet again Aelita deactivates the tower the moment before the trains collide, which happens in every episode. That's what I don't like.

I hated that too.

By the way does anybody notice, whe Jim takes Kiwi and Odd to some room, I notice when they show Odd's legs I see Sissy's pants and shoes. :s
I noticed that.
Pentomo offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Rail Runner » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:25 pm

probably just an animation error....which there are a few..but no biggie....

I definitely loved this episode due to the fact that the sense of urgency kept me right on the edge of my chair...the first time I saw this episode, i swore it was too late for the trains..but they stopped right before they collided...whew..that was close.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vora Lyoko » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:14 pm

EVERYTHING on Season 2 was almost a close call. (Kinda got annoying) NOw that I look back on season 1 I realized something.....stupidy. *Dodges bombs and missles* But hey I'm still a HUGE CL fan.

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Carth » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:03 pm

So I've been calling this episode "Big Bang" for days now, and never actually bothered to see what it was actually called. x3 But, now I've got my head on straight, so to speak. This one was another one I was never that excited about in its original run; for me the fun began around the next episode. But I've been proven both right and wrong so far, so I think Big BUG will be more of the same.

I was never really clear on what exactly happened to Antefilms. Did Moonscoop buy them out or something like that? They prolly did. Themesong. So.

Oh hey it's those two girls we haven't seen since Teddygozilla. How are you? Oh, it appears you're protesting your percieved immaturity.

"Well, listen, Mom, everyone dresses like that! It's the latest style!" So, there you have it. The reason every single girl in this ENTIRE SHOW has a crop top is because the fad actually stuck there. (Did I mention I hate the crop tops?)

Ah, Ulrich. He pulls girls to him like flies to honey, doesn't he? (To be honest I'm surprised none of the other boys have this kind of harem. Odd sorta cultivates his own, but I don't think that counts.) I'm a bit less sold on him than I am on the other boys, but I have to admit I love him, troubled sweetie that he is :3

Hm, I think I hear a Jodi Forrest! And didn't we already establish this whole youth plot back in TGZ? Eh, I'll roll with it.

"You dumbells ought to stick together!" Sissi just does not like having friends, does she?

"There isn't a boy in the school who isn't dying to go out with me!" Funny, as Herb and Nicolas aside, I've only ever heard other boys (background and foreground alike) insult her.

"It's Miss Conceited in person!"
"Nobody asked you, creep!"
I don't think I need to emphasize any further that these two are going to get married. I just like saying it.

The love dodecahedron in this show make no sense in a wonderful way. Ulrich has turned Sissi down repeatedly, possibly over the course of several years, and yet...I'm going to stick with my Sissi-is-delusional theory.

"I think she's hallucinating." Ulrich agrees with me.

Yumi turned down Ulrich for Jeremie? If ever a chance for posing questions comes about I'll have to ask about this.

This catastrophe rater thing is actually a neat concept. Too bad it becomes kinda useless after XANA's attacks start to take on one form. Or it would have had it survived this episode.

This whole scene is so narmishly cute. I find myself hating and loving it at the same time. I wonder what the state of U/Y is at this point...it doesn't seem too open as of yet. Maybe Yumi's ashamed that she's in love with Kadic's little black dress love interest?

I legitimately love the Ulrich and Odd...I don't know how to say this without making it sound dirty, but bedroom scene. Their vaguely insulting dialogue seems so...I dunno...legit.

How'd they hide the sender of a text? Can you *69 text messages? o.O On another note, there are a lot of these "meet me in such and such abandoned area" type messages on the show. What exactly do they plan to do once they meet each other? (In the immortal words of Bullwinkle, "This really is a kid's show. Parcheesi, of course!")

Lyokooooooooooo. Pulsations! Aelita'd better feel those. (Oh, oh my god. This show's full of it.)

I love this line-crossing thing with the voices! I think I'm right in saying this is one of XANA's most ambitious attacks by far. I'm surprised the toxic-chemical train bit is the worst thing he did. (Am I the only one that noticed that four out of the first five XANA attacks involve chemical holocaust?)

Thank you for explaining the situation, Helpful Voiceover Guy!

Hey, it's the lady from Hot Shower! HI LADY! Okay, now I see...these chemicals would cover a very wide area and possibly wipe out thousands or millions. Oh...oh. DEACTIVATETHETOWERPLZ

I'm very surprised these two are so calm. Evacuation...so why aren't the kids being encouraged to vacate the place? Huh.

I'm starting to think this was *very* early in the Lyoko process, because wouldn't the bubs have learned by now that if your phone rings and it's Yumi/Jeremie/etc., it's CLEARLY a XANA attack, even if it's not? Dumb bubs.

Wait, maybe the message *was* clearly from Ulrich.

I just realized- this is really, really mean. They're basically telling Sissi that she's not worthy of anyone's affection. This is a horrible, terrible thing to do to a teenage girl. I hope they don't realize this, otherwise they're kind of...I can't say it but I'm feeling it.

And if they did know then they *kinda* deserved what was coming to them with Kiwi, Sissi or not.

Wah wah wah wah, going to the factory.

Aelita didn't notice those pusations? They were HUEG. I really hope she's not just a plot device in this episode because that'd be really sad.

And to think, if Yumi'd just come a few seconds later a lot of nastiness...probably would've gotten nastier.

I wonder how many times that shot of Yumi's feet has been used.

I should feel sorry for Ulrich and Odd, but this is kind of all their fault. I'm surprised at what little sympathy I have for them. I think my reaction to this scene the last time I saw it was "lol".

"The capital is in a state of total gridlock" Where's that picture TB3 took in Paris of gridlock at the Arc Du Triomphe? It would fit here so nicely...

I wonder why Ulrich and Yumi were brought out of the elevator just to exchange a few words, which they could've easily done in the scanners (right?)

"You've got to stay in the study hall until your parents get here and pick up that mutt!" Um, Jim, and for that matter, Jean-Pierre Delmas? What part of "home half a world away" do you not understand? It could take them a good day or two to get there! That coupled with the fact that his parents clearly don't care about the no-pets rule...

Kiwi looks like a rat with legs. Just saying. Wait, Odd's shoes are red? I could've sworn they were yellow...they are yellow. Why are they red?

Transfer. Scanner. Virtualization. Hair flies up into the scanner. Etc.

Was there *ever* any problem with the transfer? I mean, besides the ones the plot revolved around?

Ohay, his shoes are yellow again. I'm surprised at the lack of tactical common sense in this episode. First Odd shuts it off, then he leaves the ringer on?

Heavy panting while running! I was wondering when this would start.

Aelita, I think at that size, they can see the tower pretty clearly. (Psst, run for the tower before something happens)

Actually, Jim, we do think you're stupid. Dogs do need to pee. And what do you think is going to keep Odd in that room when you're gone? An honor code? I'm afraid his loyalty lies with others kthx. Come to think of it, why are they confining him to the school AND bringing his parents into the area- possibly by PLANE- in the face of this catastrophe? Clashing subplots.com.

Ulrich did a cool sort of shifty eye thing there.

BLOKS! Is this the first time we've seen Bloks?

I have to sympathize with Jim. Waiting for a dog to pee is both boring and awkward. Even without interlopers.

LOL they showed pee on TV. *every six year old in the world laughs*

How does Odd know about the trains when all the information he has is "SOS XANA"? Another thing I'm not going to question.

So the man fights, the women run? I'm reading way too far into this.

I've noticed that Yumi's telekinesis is very difficult for her to use- she seems to require a lot of effort to hoist that rock. Maybe that's why she doesn't use it much. But wouldn't it be cool if it was a little easier? If she could make stuff fly in a tornado or something, or if things went flying when she gets angry?

...and if you just wanted to crush the Blok, wouldn't just throwing your fan be easier?

"I did what I could"? Yumi, you ran away. You RAN AWAY.

WAHOO, Aelita! Three cheers for not being a stick in the mud! And LOL@Jerbutt- "I knew she would do that."

Wait, she was a lot closer to the tower earlier. Slow mo's...not really that dramatic.

"Just in Time" is a phrase oft uttered in this show, isn't it? Anyway, everything's peachy now.

Now, back to the real plot! I guess because Sissi's supposed to be the villaness here, the lesson Ulrich and Odd learn is not "don't damage a teenage girl's self esteem, you will die", it is "don't put your dog in danger, instead use someone disposable". On that note, HerbxSissi, OTP!

Actually, this makes a lot of sense. Despite their connections to saving the world, the Lyoko Warriors aren't totally morally upstanding people. They have no qualms out of getting revenge...and this is what makes them human, sorta. I still don't like it. But that's just my morals.

Everyone laughs ending! How's that for an anti-Aesop? Remember, kids, nothing inspires romance like torturing the class scapegoat.

Pros:
- Very unique and effective XANA attack
- There were people I could say HEY IT'S THAT GUY about
- Pee. I'll say it cause they didn't seem to want to in the ep. Pee. Pee.
- Aelita acts for her own defense

Cons:
- Had to suspend disbelief a bit too much for my liking
- Too much passing around of the idiot ball
- Questionable lessons being taught...or would that be a good thing, throwing morals out the window? Sort of progressive?
- Aelita still gets less than three minutes of screentime...and no personality whatsoever

I do like it for its kitsch value, I guess, but I am kind of disenchanted with it. I guess stuff like this comes off as something different when you're older. Oh well. Sorry if I came off as sort of pissed- maybe that kind of thing is funny in context.
Carth offline