Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 pm

TeddyGodzilla

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Were you aroused when you saw Sissi and Yumi on this episode?

Are you on drugs? Those were my favourite Season 1 moments!!
39%
It's okay, I don't mind...
34%
I couldn't stand those scenes...
2%
Meh, LF girls are much hotter...
7%
This episode was too unmoral for my taste...
3%
Nah... CL should raise the ratings and show them in a better way.
15%

Total votes : 59

Postby oddlauren » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:51 am

I loved when Ulrich went on stage and announced a teddy bear was about to attack them. :*D

I mean, it was true, but it does sound funny.
oddlauren offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Kita K. » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:55 pm

Not to be a jerk, but I DO believe that this episode is entitled "TeddyGozilla," with no "d."

I see this mistake often and it makes RoboCop cry. Sometimes it makes me cry too.

;__;

Other than that, I marked out when Ulrich accepted to go to the dance with someone other than Yumi. Non-canon 'ships rule!
Kita K. offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby emoBillâ„¢ » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:14 pm

Yeah, it's without a 'd'. Reasons are unknown.
___________________Image
emoBillâ„¢ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby KayLenny#7 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:18 pm

I think it's because Teddy went Godzilla.

Kinda like when a person goes goth or something.

So: Teddy GOzilla.

Kinda like Teddy Wentzilla.
Formerly known as Numbuh 7

I'm out. Have fun homies.
KayLenny#7 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby emoBillâ„¢ » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:19 pm

Oh, OK! That makes sense. Thanx.
___________________Image
emoBillâ„¢ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:06 pm

Um...actually...I think the "d" was excluded in the beginning because "Godzilla" is a copyrighted name. They could have used "Teddyzilla" which doesn't sound as good, or "TeddyGozilla" which is what they used and is close enough for us to recognize it. But in order to use "TeddyGodzilla" they'd have to get permission first (which I think they sinceforth have). But because they didn't have permission then they couldn't.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby emoBillâ„¢ » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:10 pm

Oh, that's another good explanation! *writes down*
___________________Image
emoBillâ„¢ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Crazy_For_Christ. » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:44 pm

I thought that this episode was a waste of time. It was boring.
^Made By Jerfied^_^!
^Made by Dairell! ^_^!!!!!!
Crazy_For_Christ. offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby LadyChaos » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:07 pm

daisymay wrote:I thought that this episode was a waste of time. It was boring.

What was boring about it? They had to do some exposition to show that getting to the factory was not just a quick walk. They had to show the process behind it. This was the first episode. And you can't start a series without some exposition.

I thought this was a good episode. It's a little disappointing that you don't get to see how they first met Aelita or anything... but it was not a boring episode.

As for the name of it... I think Teddyzilla would have been fine.
not gonna bother coming back

LadyChaos offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Crazy_For_Christ. » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:50 pm

I would expect for the first episode to be about the gang Discovering it all. Not a live teddy bear.
^Made By Jerfied^_^!
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby emoBillâ„¢ » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:21 pm

I'm making a fanfic about what happened before then, until then you will simply have to make up your own way on what happened and how they discovered Aelita. After all, Danny Phantom didn't show how he got his ghost powers (well, maybe in the theme song but that doesn't count).
___________________Image
emoBillâ„¢ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:10 am

daisymay wrote:I would expect for the first episode to be about the gang Discovering it all. Not a live teddy bear.

That doesn't necessarily make it a "boring" episode though, at least not in my opinion. This episode did actually introduce us effectively to the main themes of the show: The kids' friendship (and relationships XD ), the fight against XANA, the cause for the fight against XANA (Aelita) and how Lyoko works in it's most basic sense.

And Aelita makes a good point in that it is not uncommon for a show to begin things a bit farther along the path of the adventure as a whole. Danny Phantom is a great example (they re-enacted the way he got his powers in a later episode), as is Kim Possible (we only discovered the origins of her crime-fighting website in the movie "A Sitch in Time").

,Hack//Sign is another amazing example of a show that doesn't explain everything in the beginning...or anything at all, really throughout the course of the show. The viewer is expected to follow the episodes and try to figure things out...make hypotheses and theories, which adds intrigue and mystery to the show as a whole, and makes it impossible to miss an episode...because you might just miss some crucial information and clues.

Code Lyoko is almost precisely like that. Explaining everything in the very beginning of the series may have lost the series some of its mystique. Plus, as they are making a 50 minute prequel about how the gang met and stuff, I would say this is far more preferable to them trying to stuff it all into a 25 minute episode, which would likely cause them to cut things, simplify them, and maybe not make it as interesting or innovative.

I say Code Lyoko started things out just right. It's a show about secrets, so of course they're not going to tell us everything right off the bat, no? ;)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Crazy_For_Christ. » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:27 pm

Aelita wrote:I'm making a fanfic about what happened before then, until then you will simply have to make up your own way on what happened and how they discovered Aelita. After all, Danny Phantom didn't show how he got his ghost powers (well, maybe in the theme song but that doesn't count).

Actually, remember when in the episode of Danny Phantom they were talking about how Danny got his powers? It showed Flashbacks of Danny going into the Portal and getting his Powers. Now, I'm gonna stop Spamming. :spam1:
^Made By Jerfied^_^!
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Jeremified » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:33 pm

daisymay wrote:
Aelita wrote:I'm making a fanfic about what happened before then, until then you will simply have to make up your own way on what happened and how they discovered Aelita. After all, Danny Phantom didn't show how he got his ghost powers (well, maybe in the theme song but that doesn't count).

Actually, remember when in the episode of Danny Phantom they were talking about how Danny got his powers? It showed Flashbacks of Danny going into the Portal and getting his Powers. Now, I'm gonna stop Spamming. :spam1:

Hey, yeah, I remember that episode! Dezire was in that episode, right?

Sorry... :spam1: :spam1:
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Skipperdee » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:22 pm

Did Milly bother anyone else? She really bugs me. Tamiya's ok but Milly... just don't care for her. She's a little whiny. "Big kids this, big kids that, blah blah blah."
When she and Sissi were talking about how Milly couldn't get a date and then Milly goes and asks Ulrich, I was like yelling at the tv "No Milly!!!" I mean really, she was setting her sights a bit high, asking the most popular boy in school, no matter how sweet and kind he may be. Then later, after Ulrich had rejected her and Milly ran off and cried and Tamiya was saying "Well Ulrich could have been a little nicer about it" I was like "What??" Maybe that's because I love Ulrich, but still, even if I didn't I would still defend him because it's not like he could have been much nicer. Yeah I guess he could have said yes, but you can't very well say yes to a date to a dance when you're already going with someone else, particularly when your original date is standing right there next to you. And, like he said, he is a bit old for her. So I didn't really think he was being mean, but whatever. The end was quite sweet. Even if I don't really like Milly, I was at least glad she felt better (and that she got to show up Sissi ;) ) Ulrich's such a gentleman.

So that was probably really off-topic... umm, episode-wise, this was pretty good, not my favorite ever, but decent. What bothered me the most were the different voices. Teddygodzilla (gozilla, whatever) wasn't the first episode I ever saw, it was probably about the 20th or more, so I'd gotten used to how the characters were voiced later on, and hearing their voices in this episode was too weird. Jeremie sounded like a girl!! And Odd was just... not... I don't know. It's just not right. It really drives me crazy. I didn't mind Sissi's voice though. I thought it suited her well.
Skipperdee offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Rail Runner » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:52 pm

I think it was nice of Yumi to let Ulrich take Milly, especially in the interest of Milly's feelings. and plus Yumi asking Odd to go with her was pretty funny.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:32 am

Skipperdee wrote:Did Milly bother anyone else? She really bugs me. Tamiya's ok but Milly... just don't care for her. She's a little whiny. "Big kids this, big kids that, blah blah blah."

Milly and Tamiya only bother me when they're being paparazzi and stalking everyone with a camera ("A Fine Mess"). That's really quite irritating and intrusive.

I think you're being a little hard on her though...she's only in sixth grade, and let's face it...after a Sissi attack like that, the mild humiliation of being turned down, and being wrongfully accused by Jim, I think I'd be mildly put off by adults myself. ^^;

Skipperdee wrote:When she and Sissi were talking about how Milly couldn't get a date and then Milly goes and asks Ulrich, I was like yelling at the tv "No Milly!!!" I mean really, she was setting her sights a bit high, asking the most popular boy in school, no matter how sweet and kind he may be.

She has a crush on Ulrich (along with several other girls in that school). I can't fault her there. ;) Plus...this "setting of sights too high"...that's precisely what Sissi was telling her, and I don't agree with that. Popularity is not something that should factor into anything. Millie had just as much right to ask Ulrich as any other girl in the school I'd think. I really dislike the idea that an "unpopular girl" cannot ask a "popular boy" out. Remember, Yumi is not all that "popular" herself, for her heritage and the way she dresses and such, but Ulrich loves her just the same.

Mille's just as entitled to ask Ulrich out as anyone else, no matter what the "popularity charts" say. Her only trouble was that Ulrich is sadly already "taken" in a sense. ^^;

Skipperdee wrote:Then later, after Ulrich had rejected her and Milly ran off and cried and Tamiya was saying "Well Ulrich could have been a little nicer about it" I was like "What??" Maybe that's because I love Ulrich, but still, even if I didn't I would still defend him because it's not like he could have been much nicer. Yeah I guess he could have said yes, but you can't very well say yes to a date to a dance when you're already going with someone else, particularly when your original date is standing right there next to you. And, like he said, he is a bit old for her. So I didn't really think he was being mean, but whatever.

I adore Ulrich. I think he's a sweetheart and that he truly tries his best not to hurt anyone's feelings. But there's no way you can avoid that when your turning down someone as a date. They're always going to be disappointed in some way. That's just human nature. That's not his fault, but it's not Milly's either.

Also, what I believe Tamiya meant by Ulrich being a "little nicer about it", is that his reasons for not going out with her were either not the best, or put in the wrong order. Remember that, in reply to Millie's invitation, Ulrich says the following (with much blushing):

"I'm sorry, Millie...that wouldn't be a good idea. I'm too old for you...and I...kind of already promised to go with Yumi."

Now, by his quote, one can see that the first reason he gives for not going with her is not that he already has a date (which he should have said), but that he's too old for her. Now, Millie's sensitive about her youth, and Ulrich saying he's "too old" to date someone is semi-hypocritical even...seeing as how Yumi is a year older than him and there's no problem there.

What happened was that Ulrich (likely in his surprise and mild embarassment) scrambled for a reason...and didn't hit the best reason first. Had he simply apologized and said he'd already found a date...there wouldn't have been as much problem, I believe. But because he said first that he was "too old for her", he hit a nerve with Millie and also gave Sissi ample opportunity to tease Millie further about her youth (As she says that Ulrich doesn't want to go out with a "baby").

So....in retrospect, it's not exactly that Ulrich could have been a little "nicer" about it...but more that he should have put his real reason out first for not going with her. But this is all too complicated for Tamiya to say in the course of one line, so we're left with the "Ulrich could have been a little nicer" line.

Again though, no one is at fault in this scenario (with the exception of Sissi). Ulrich fumbled over his words and said something not as thoughtful, and Millie was hurt by it. It was an unfortunate breakdown in communication.

Skipperdee wrote:The end was quite sweet. Even if I don't really like Milly, I was at least glad she felt better (and that she got to show up Sissi ;) ) Ulrich's such a gentleman.

Like I said...I don't mind Milly, and Sissi deserved what she got in this episode for being a pill. Ulrich is indeed a very upstanding and noble gentleman, though. I like his character very much, and I think "TeddyGozilla" really does a good job of showing his general sweetness in all its entirety. :)

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rail Runner » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:40 am

Well. I do have to say this, Milly and Tamiya do run the school newspaper, or at least are a part of the operation, so I guess running around doing what they do is allowable, but sometimes they do it at the worst time..as in this episode, they say they arent allowed to show what is going on, but yet the camera is pointed right at the gym.

I also agree that Ulrich could have worded his response to Milly in more of a way that she could understand, and not be offended at the same time. He was kind of on the spot from the sense I got, so he was kinda nervous about replying while Yumi was less than a foot away from him.

Sissi definitely got what she deserved, no argument here. I think Jim's opening line to Ulrich was kinda meh, like he was trying too hard to be nice or something.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Insanity Hero » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:49 pm

I liked it. The only thing that did fit for me was Odd's and Jeremies voice. I know it's season one and that was before they switched the voice around but it just didn't sit with me that well. Other then that it's one of my favorites.
Insanity Hero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:58 pm

I just keep it in the back of my mind that the voices are old ones but it still feels weird to hear the voices that way. I would much rather them the way they are now currently.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:10 am

Mewberries151 wrote:Milly and Tamiya only bother me when they're being paparazzi and stalking everyone with a camera ("A Fine Mess"). That's really quite irritating and intrusive.

Kinda a reason of why I laughed at bit in New Order when the teacher didn't let them take pics and film people. When Tamiya gasped or made certain expression I can't remember right now, I laughed.

Mewberries151 wrote:Also, what I believe Tamiya meant by Ulrich being a "little nicer about it", is that his reasons for not going out with her were either not the best, or put in the wrong order. Remember that, in reply to Millie's invitation, Ulrich says the following (with much blushing):

"I'm sorry, Millie...that wouldn't be a good idea. I'm too old for you...and I...kind of already promised to go with Yumi."

Now, by his quote, one can see that the first reason he gives for not going with her is not that he already has a date (which he should have said), but that he's too old for her. Now, Millie's sensitive about her youth, and Ulrich saying he's "too old" to date someone is semi-hypocritical even...seeing as how Yumi is a year older than him and there's no problem there.

Yumi also blushed when she heard that. And Millie was nervously blushing while asking Ulrich to go to the dance. In Ulrich's interests, Millie doesn't rank the list. But he realized that Sissi was mean to her, reason why the gang jumped on her after Millie left.

I agree with what you said, MewB. You got the right points on the Millie observation.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Darkness Incarnate » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:05 pm

Whats with the VA's in this I didn't know they changed them :umm:
All your base are belong to us,LOL.
Darkness Incarnate offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Rail Runner » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:33 pm

Darkness, .They were still trying to dub from the french crew, so thats why it sounds the way it does, then changes later. I cant remember exaclty when, someone help me out here.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:57 pm

Only Sissi and Odd's voices were changed through a VA switch at all. Information on them can be found in the respective VA threads, as this was brought up several times there. :)

Alot of fans mistakenly believe that Jeremie's VA too, was changed during the course of the season. This is not so. Ms. Sharon Mann, has always been Jeremie's VA (as well as Aelita's), for the entire series. The same is true of Yumi (as there seems to be some speculation on her as well). ^_^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Insanity Hero » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:04 pm

Oh very cool facts. I always thought that they switched the person doing Jeremies voice near the end of season one. Now it makes sense. Thanks Mew.
Insanity Hero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext