Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:09 am

TeddyGodzilla

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Were you aroused when you saw Sissi and Yumi on this episode?

Are you on drugs? Those were my favourite Season 1 moments!!
39%
It's okay, I don't mind...
34%
I couldn't stand those scenes...
2%
Meh, LF girls are much hotter...
7%
This episode was too unmoral for my taste...
3%
Nah... CL should raise the ratings and show them in a better way.
15%

Total votes : 59

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:54 pm

Insanity Hero wrote:Oh very cool facts. I always thought that they switched the person doing Jeremies voice near the end of season one. Now it makes sense. Thanks Mew.

:) No problem. You're very welcome! ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Skipperdee » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:42 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
Skipperdee wrote:Did Milly bother anyone else? She really bugs me. Tamiya's ok but Milly... just don't care for her. She's a little whiny. "Big kids this, big kids that, blah blah blah."

Milly and Tamiya only bother me when they're being paparazzi and stalking everyone with a camera ("A Fine Mess"). That's really quite irritating and intrusive.

I think you're being a little hard on her though...she's only in sixth grade, and let's face it...after a Sissi attack like that, the mild humiliation of being turned down, and being wrongfully accused by Jim, I think I'd be mildly put off by adults myself. ^^;

Skipperdee wrote:When she and Sissi were talking about how Milly couldn't get a date and then Milly goes and asks Ulrich, I was like yelling at the tv "No Milly!!!" I mean really, she was setting her sights a bit high, asking the most popular boy in school, no matter how sweet and kind he may be.

She has a crush on Ulrich (along with several other girls in that school). I can't fault her there. ;) Plus...this "setting of sights too high"...that's precisely what Sissi was telling her, and I don't agree with that. Popularity is not something that should factor into anything. Millie had just as much right to ask Ulrich as any other girl in the school I'd think. I really dislike the idea that an "unpopular girl" cannot ask a "popular boy" out. Remember, Yumi is not all that "popular" herself, for her heritage and the way she dresses and such, but Ulrich loves her just the same.

Mille's just as entitled to ask Ulrich out as anyone else, no matter what the "popularity charts" say. Her only trouble was that Ulrich is sadly already "taken" in a sense. ^^;

Skipperdee wrote:Then later, after Ulrich had rejected her and Milly ran off and cried and Tamiya was saying "Well Ulrich could have been a little nicer about it" I was like "What??" Maybe that's because I love Ulrich, but still, even if I didn't I would still defend him because it's not like he could have been much nicer. Yeah I guess he could have said yes, but you can't very well say yes to a date to a dance when you're already going with someone else, particularly when your original date is standing right there next to you. And, like he said, he is a bit old for her. So I didn't really think he was being mean, but whatever.

I adore Ulrich. I think he's a sweetheart and that he truly tries his best not to hurt anyone's feelings. But there's no way you can avoid that when your turning down someone as a date. They're always going to be disappointed in some way. That's just human nature. That's not his fault, but it's not Milly's either.

Also, what I believe Tamiya meant by Ulrich being a "little nicer about it", is that his reasons for not going out with her were either not the best, or put in the wrong order. Remember that, in reply to Millie's invitation, Ulrich says the following (with much blushing):

"I'm sorry, Millie...that wouldn't be a good idea. I'm too old for you...and I...kind of already promised to go with Yumi."

Now, by his quote, one can see that the first reason he gives for not going with her is not that he already has a date (which he should have said), but that he's too old for her. Now, Millie's sensitive about her youth, and Ulrich saying he's "too old" to date someone is semi-hypocritical even...seeing as how Yumi is a year older than him and there's no problem there.

What happened was that Ulrich (likely in his surprise and mild embarassment) scrambled for a reason...and didn't hit the best reason first. Had he simply apologized and said he'd already found a date...there wouldn't have been as much problem, I believe. But because he said first that he was "too old for her", he hit a nerve with Millie and also gave Sissi ample opportunity to tease Millie further about her youth (As she says that Ulrich doesn't want to go out with a "baby").

So....in retrospect, it's not exactly that Ulrich could have been a little "nicer" about it...but more that he should have put his real reason out first for not going with her. But this is all too complicated for Tamiya to say in the course of one line, so we're left with the "Ulrich could have been a little nicer" line.

Again though, no one is at fault in this scenario (with the exception of Sissi). Ulrich fumbled over his words and said something not as thoughtful, and Millie was hurt by it. It was an unfortunate breakdown in communication.

Skipperdee wrote:The end was quite sweet. Even if I don't really like Milly, I was at least glad she felt better (and that she got to show up Sissi ;) ) Ulrich's such a gentleman.

Like I said...I don't mind Milly, and Sissi deserved what she got in this episode for being a pill. Ulrich is indeed a very upstanding and noble gentleman, though. I like his character very much, and I think "TeddyGozilla" really does a good job of showing his general sweetness in all its entirety. :)

You're right, of course, on all counts. I was incredibly harsh. Milly is quite young. Actually I admire her bravery for asking Ulrich out at all... I wouldn't have been able to! I didn't think about that at the time. As for the setting of sights too high... that isn't quite what I meant (that Milly isn't good enough for Ulrich) I think she is a perfectly acceptable girl for him to date if he so chooses. But I was a little surprised that she chose to ask Ulrich over Odd. Odd seems much more approachable, even if she did have a crush on Ulrich. So again, kudos to Milly for courage. I agree with you that there was a miscommunication in Ulrich's words to Milly. I certainly have been hurt by things that weren't meant to be hurtful at all, so there again I didn't think before saying something about it. I think perhaps her feelings would have been less hurt if Sissi hadn't just told her that Ulrich would turn her down. Darn you, Sissi!
*sigh* Now I feel like a bit of a bully. I should have thought a little harder before saying such harsh things about Milly. Milly... wherever you are... I'm sorry. And Mewberries151, thank you for reminding me to cut people some slack and to think before I say something mean.
Skipperdee offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:55 pm

Skipperdee wrote:You're right, of course, on all counts. I was incredibly harsh. Milly is quite young. Actually I admire her bravery for asking Ulrich out at all... I wouldn't have been able to! I didn't think about that at the time. As for the setting of sights too high... that isn't quite what I meant (that Milly isn't good enough for Ulrich) I think she is a perfectly acceptable girl for him to date if he so chooses. But I was a little surprised that she chose to ask Ulrich over Odd. Odd seems much more approachable, even if she did have a crush on Ulrich. So again, kudos to Milly for courage. I agree with you that there was a miscommunication in Ulrich's words to Milly. I certainly have been hurt by things that weren't meant to be hurtful at all, so there again I didn't think before saying something about it. I think perhaps her feelings would have been less hurt if Sissi hadn't just told her that Ulrich would turn her down. Darn you, Sissi!
*sigh* Now I feel like a bit of a bully. I should have thought a little harder before saying such harsh things about Milly. Milly... wherever you are... I'm sorry. And Mewberries151, thank you for reminding me to cut people some slack and to think before I say something mean.

Aww, well you're welcome, but I didn't think you were really being a bully though. *comfort hugs* Milly does do things on the show that can be considered mildly annoying after all (like taking photos constantly in "A Fine Mess")...and admittedly she does get whiny sometimes. But she's young, so it's probably something that she'll grow out of eventually. ^_^ I'd have to give her kudos myself for asking a guy out, just like that...I'm not sure if anyone else on the show has done that yet...spunky little kid, she is. XD

I completely agree with you about Odd being more approachable than Ulrich in terms of getting a date. That's probably why it's a shame Milly couldn't remember all that Odd had done for her during the episode after the RTTP. She likely would have asked Odd instead. ^^ But Ulrich was her crush then...this is true. I'm not exactly sure if she still has that crush on him now though (we really don't see alot of them in season 2...). ^^;

Indeed...Sissi really didn't help matters in this episode. Her own character history is rather intriguing in itself. I'm wondering if she didn't have a sort of "Ebenezer Scrooge" type revelation halfway through season 2, that resulted in her becoming helpful like she is in "Missing Link". I honestly wonder if we'll ever get an explanation for the sudden change in demeanor. It'd make for an amusing flashback to be sure. X)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pika53 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:42 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
Aww, well you're welcome, but I didn't think you were really being a bully though. *comfort hugs* Milly does do things on the show that can be considered mildly annoying after all (like taking photos constantly in "A Fine Mess")...and admittedly she does get whiny sometimes. But she's young, so it's probably something that she'll grow out of eventually. ^_^ I'd have to give her kudos myself for asking a guy out, just like that...I'm not sure if anyone else on the show has done that yet...spunky little kid, she is.

Don't you mean Tamiya?

Anyway, I thought this was a pretty good episode overall.
Pika53 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Rail Runner » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:03 pm

no..she actually does mean Milly, because not only does Milly do the interviews, she will also snap photos as well..Tamiya does video camera stuff. Still a wonderful introduction to the awesome show...Code Lyoko.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ji45ojperjfenfpen » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:57 pm

Well I'll just say what I thought about the episode. It was pretty good I guess...and when I first saw the episode I thought the fact that the enemy was a giant teddy bear was pretty funny... plus they make it sort of obvious that Ulrich and Yumi like each other, and that Odd likes to pick on Sissi...kinda. But to me it was a good way to get people intersted in the show. :D

ji45ojperjfenfpen offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Akito » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:20 pm

The episode was okay, not really the best. It seemed more like a comedy spoof, even though it wasn't.
I am the walking, talking fishpoodle!
The former Supersonic Master
Akito offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Rail Runner » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:53 pm

It was more funny than serious..but it definitely got people used to CL quickly.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:03 am

Okay, the front poll thing? it just kinda scared me...I'm a girl...what is there to by arousing about Sissy dressed like a slut, and Yumi wearing a dress I would love to wear....(if I could walk in those boots...)
Sorry...
But TGZ is probably my worst fave ep of s1.
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:07 am

I, personally, didn't like the way Jim acted. Sure, he's an authority figure, but he hurt Milly's feelings and emotionally abused her. :wag: He doesn't act that way in the now, though.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:10 am

Jim can be a bit of a jerk, but he's okay...he's like any regular , vaugly loser-ish mid-thirties guy. (no offence to anyone here) Grumpy, but not cruel. He's a good comic relief...

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:18 am

I thought what he told Ulrich was sorta funny..but strange at the same time. Ulrich just like ignored him and walked on... :*D
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby oddson » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:36 pm

funny anoth that was the epersode ( spelling ) that made me be a fan of code lyoko :*D
Two star

TS Duncan SCC

Unit 133
oddson offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Rail Runner » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:05 am

it was a good episode to introduce people to the basics...but I am glad that it got much better after this episode.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:04 pm

Why'd it have to be a bear? it would have been SO much cooler with, say, a stuffed dragon or something...
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:10 am

Sithking Zero wrote:Why'd it have to be a bear? it would have been SO much cooler with, say, a stuffed dragon or something...

:*D That would have been AWESOME!!

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:09 am

Wait, wait, wait, wait! A stuffed fire breathing dragon!

DRAGON: GRAAAH!!

SISSI: AHHHHHHHHHHH!!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:19 am

*giggles* And it burns all her hair off... :clap:

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:19 am

A bald Sissi....:rofl3:
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:33 am

That would be so funny...I can see her face and everything....

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:12 pm

well..they do have to remember that little kids do watch the show, and that might be a bit scary for the younger ones...they may not understand the whole dragon thing, but a bear, well, to younger kids it definitely is something they can relate to.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Zeakari » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:41 pm

I think they made it an adorable teddy bear for irony. If it were my choice, I know I'd do it.
Image < Gigi! Image < Mr. Tadakichi Image <Yay! 8D

I am a :female:
Zeakari offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby LadyLucy » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:50 pm

It's too bad...now I wanna go home and draw blad sissy...hehehehe

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:28 pm

I do think its sorta ironic that they had a teddy bear doing bad things...but of course, thats Xana for you....causing good things to go bad.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:03 am

Oh yeah...it's more fun when good people go bad (ex: St. Val Day), but the teddy-bear was close enough for a first ep of Code Lyoko...And it was different. Well, they certainly started C.L. with a bang....

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext