Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 pm

TeddyGodzilla

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Were you aroused when you saw Sissi and Yumi on this episode?

Are you on drugs? Those were my favourite Season 1 moments!!
39%
It's okay, I don't mind...
34%
I couldn't stand those scenes...
2%
Meh, LF girls are much hotter...
7%
This episode was too unmoral for my taste...
3%
Nah... CL should raise the ratings and show them in a better way.
15%

Total votes : 59

Postby Carth » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:13 pm

This is, unquestionably, the best Code Lyoko episode ever. Why?

- It was the first episode. Nothing, NOTHING matches up to the first.

- The name. Hooray for mispelled nonsense!

- The drama. Chock full to the brim with drama. Seasons 3 and 4 need to learn a few lessons from this and several other eps.

- No reused scenes. HOW CAN THIS BE

- Female nekked. Tell me, would any American show dare to do that?

- Epic battles. Of epic.

- A giant frikin' teddy bear. A GIANT. FRICKIN. TEDDY BEAR.

10000/10. The end.
Carth offline

Postby RySenkari » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:08 pm

*drools for underwear Sissi*

What would've been better would be if Odd had caught her, but beggars can't be choosers.
RySenkari offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:52 pm

Odd, huh? XD Maybe he could snap a photo?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SilverPrince » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:38 am

Whoa. I've never watched this episode in depth until now, at six fricken AM. But I sure liked it. But the voices sure were different, Jim was a whole lot less gruff and Mr. Delmas was just weird. Odd and Aelita also sounded a little different.

The scenes on Earth were amazing, Yumi in a real nice outfit and Ulrich embarrassing himself in front of the prom... until TeddyGodzilla attacked. All the extras looked so... flat. I know, they're cartoons... but they still looked like cardboard cutouts. On Lyoko, I don't see why Aelita had to wait for Odd to kill the Megatank. He had it easily distracted, she could have easily slipped past it and got into the tower. That could have saved a lot of time. Ah well.

Overall, even though I had to watch it at 6 AM, it was a durn good episode. I give it a 9/10 for great action, romance, and for the fact that it had NO REUSED SCENES!!!1 technically.

Stonecreek wrote:I miss the boob bots. At least they were peddling something I have interest in...
SilverPrince offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:39 pm

[quote=Lyoko422]Jim was a whole lot less gruff[/quote]

But still just as mean and yicky. To quote Millie in this episode "With him, everything is off-limits."
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ODDCHEEZY » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:36 pm

:*D Yah, he's always going around yelling at everybody for being in an 'off-limits' place or just suspecting that they're headed to one...
Chuck E. exploits pictures of children having seizures in front of other kids...O_o Go Matt Langston!

ODDCHEEZY offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby HiddenWatcher » Thu May 29, 2008 2:32 pm

Hm. Has anyone else noticed Jeremie seemed to be picking out the CDs? Or at least checking them through? Could it be that he only thinks being a DJ is a waste of time when it's conflicting with programs and normally he's all for it?
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Saphire-089 » Thu May 29, 2008 3:24 pm

HiddenWatcher wrote:Hm. Has anyone else noticed Jeremie seemed to be picking out the CDs? Or at least checking them through? Could it be that he only thinks being a DJ is a waste of time when it's conflicting with programs and normally he's all for it?

Good question. Maybe working materializing Aelita so much made him grow out of it, and he didn't like it anymore.
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby HiddenWatcher » Thu May 29, 2008 3:55 pm

MusicOfTheMoonAtMidnight wrote:
HiddenWatcher wrote:Hm. Has anyone else noticed Jeremie seemed to be picking out the CDs? Or at least checking them through? Could it be that he only thinks being a DJ is a waste of time when it's conflicting with programs and normally he's all for it?

Good question. Maybe working materializing Aelita so much made him grow out of it, and he didn't like it anymore.

I think he didn't so much grow out of it as simply did not consider it an activity worth doing instead of trying to save the world.
HiddenWatcher offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby MY85 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:03 am

I'm pretty sure lots of people still love this episode because of Sissi and Yumi. XD
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Nightsabre » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:31 am

MakeYourself85 wrote:I'm pretty sure lots of people still love this episode because of Sissi and Yumi. XD

What not to like about two girls fighting over the same guy. That's the soap opera effect taking over. Oh wait... where speaking in a different context then that? ;p
Thank to Tangent128 for the sig.

[This space for rent]

..::Current Project(s)::..
The Lyoko Chronicles (7% Done)
Rockman.EXE - Blossing Love (LanxMayl Fluff)
Twisted Fates (A WoW/SC Crossover, On hold)
New Art for my dART (Soonish)
Nightsabre offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby TheLQ » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:12 am

This personally is the worst way to start out a show. Virtually every other show shows some kind of story before they start with it. CL doesn't show how they found the supercomputer till the 3rd season
TheLQ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Bekkalovesulrich » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:34 pm

LadyChaos wrote:Jim and Mr. Delmas' conversation was hilarious. I was laughing so hard when I watched that part.
I also loved Jeremie's line to Odd about the bear "Teddy's getting real angry" :D

Not a bad first episode, it introduced a good deal of things but left enough things to be wondered about. I like how in the first three episodes you see each one get virtualised in a sucessive order. First Odd, next episode you see Ulrich, and in the third episode you see Yumi finally. It was nice to not have all of them virtualised in the first episode.

It takes me a little while to get used to the voices though. Since there was a slightly different cast for this episode, watching it makes it a little weird.

Lol I was laughing soooo hard during that convo....lmao ........
Bekkalovesulrich offline
New Kid
New Kid

Location: In the deepest shadows of Lyoko.Hiding, waiting for my knight, Ulrich, to save me from xana...

Postby Phoenix Wolf » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:28 am

Xana's Fist wrote:This personally is the worst way to start out a show. Virtually every other show shows some kind of story before they start with it. CL doesn't show how they found the supercomputer till the 3rd season

I must agree there, if I hadn't had someone to explain it all to me I would have been completely lost... Even when they did explain it to me the first time I saw it I was still abit confused.
Where Reality Ends and Virtuality Begins!!!
Catch Ya On The Flipside!!
Phoenix Wolf offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Location: Searching for LadyLucy....Happy to be recovered from anxiey...

Postby emoBillâ„¢ » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:09 am

Xana's Fist wrote:This personally is the worst way to start out a show. Virtually every other show shows some kind of story before they start with it. CL doesn't show how they found the supercomputer till the 3rd season

I think it's fine, IMHO. With certain shows there must always be a certain element of mystery. Not knowing how they found it helped progress the series with a decent plotline until the fourth season. Now that we know everything, there's not much more to write.
___________________Image
emoBillâ„¢ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TheAppleFreak » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:08 pm

Personally, as others have stated, the first episode was the best. Retroflecting on it, Antefilms may have done a better job introducing the series if they had actually told at least part of the story before starting the show.

I personally think the S1 animation is the best in the real world, the Forest sector, and the Mountain sector. The color choices just seem better in comparison to S2 and beyond.
I really gotta fix up this theme
TheAppleFreak offline
Someone actually trusted me to run this site
Someone actually trusted me to run this site

Postby desincarnation » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:24 pm

I personally think the S1 animation is the best in the real world, the Forest sector, and the Mountain sector. The color choices just seem better in comparison to S2 and beyond.

To me, Desert has the best animation. It's so varied unlike from season 2 onwards, where it is so empty... Real world is quite good too... except Aelita in eps 25-26.

Back on topic: "Teddygodzilla" is... good. I think there are better episodes than this. I appreciate it for Yumi&Ulrich development. And Sissi's reaction at the end is priceless^^
desincarnation offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Carth » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:13 pm

I figured for perception's sake, I'd just go in order from now on. And also because I only happen to have the first two seasons on my computer right now.

I've said time and time again that this is my favorite episode, but a lot of its merit is in its legend. I mean, everyone at least loves to hate Teddygozilla. That said, now I'll actually watch it and make comments on it.

Old theme song! I always kinda hated this one, cause it was so...static. And it's also purple. Very purple. And we are tricked into thinking Yumi's the head of things.

The fact they call it a "prom" always kinda annoyed me. Wasn't there someone over in France to tell the translation staff that "prom" has a very specific meaning in the states? From the looks of this "prom" later, it's got more of the air of your typical Friday night mixer. (Do they have mixers at non-private schools?)

This ep takes a lot of risky moves. Like introducing Milly and Tamiya a good few minutes before the main cast, not to mention overshadowing the main cast as a whole (does Yumi even get ten lines?), for one. And...what TV audience? Kadic doesn't even get a TV until Season 4.

I love Sissi's old voice. Just saying. Her regular voice is fantastic, of course, but this is nothing to complain about at all.

If there's one thing S1 was better at than all the others, it's romantic tension. I mean, three minutes in and we've already established some couples, not to mention made romance the focal point of their lives. Ulrich appears to be the town catch. And his voice is really high.

...wait a minute. How did Ulrich get the courage to ask Yumi to a dance? Or vice versa?

And now I bet people watching this for the first time get really confused as we go from one set of people to...computer people! Is it just me, or is Aelita's voice a lot more matronly here? Jeremie's voice is high, of course, but it's not as strange now considering seasons 3 and 4.

Milly and Tamiya have...a lot of computers. I just noticed- Ulrich and Odd appear to be the only kids at Kadic who don't own their own computers. They always borrow Jeremie's or something.

Xana! Even this early in, I think this is one of XANA's most creative attacks.

I love the tension here you guys. If there's one thing S1 was good at, it's romantic tension. All the subtext...it should've carried over in this state to the other seasons.

Milly's monologue to her teddy bear is actually kind of sad. And then I laugh as XANA possesses her bear. Best. Attack. Ever.

I just noticed...Sissi hasn't been flirting with Ulrich at all the whole episode. She has this elitist sort of attitude that borders on being antisocial. Even when she says she'd go with him in her little bedroom monologue, it's in a way that implies that she's better than anyone else and deserves him by that merit- not the sort of obsessive, inferiority-complex clinginess she shows later. Maybe it's the voice.

On the subject of Sissi...yep, now for the only scene anyone actually remembers. Sly, Antefilms. I wondered why we had so many older male fans here. And they really have manparts of steel in showing this the first episode, when people are going to be at their most critical.

So we go right into XANA with no explanation at all. And with Jeremie hanging out with them also with no explanation. But I think this has been beaten to death already.

Jim is strangely...competent. But no less ridiculous.

Just noticed Odd's voice- also different. I think I can honestly say I prefer Gézcy. It's...funnier. And apparently he made his stack of CDs disappear into his hair. (Which reminds me...they all just decided to take a very active role in planning the prom, with XANA and all? Wow.)

Watch what you say about Sissi, Odd. Everyone knows you two are going to get married someday.

I'm confused as to how this teddy bear is running around for hours before the prom, and no one noticed it except Jim. By the way- his infirmary scene = comedy gold. Jean-Pierre's old voice = not.

As for the "being a day student can be a total drag" argument, Ulrich wins, hands down.

The boys seem oddly...cavalier about a giant teddy bear running around. I mean, later on, they storm off to the factory in the middle of the night at any sign of trouble. Here they just sorta sit and debate...

And again, introducing the RTTP with no prior reference to it! Lovely. And also telling us that the RTTP can't bring back the dead. Wish I knew why.

I think I've seen this next scene before. It's where they go to the factory or something. I wonder if any of this makes sense to someone not watching the episode.

Ah, so it's interface-scanners-computer as far as levels go.

Lol- what's that funny thing Ulrich's wearing on his ear? Is that a cellphone? They were sort of blocky looking in the beginning...

Wait, why couldn't they just call up Yumi and have her look for the teddy bear, or at least go to Lyoko? Certainly courtesy couldn't have excused more security for the LOVE OF YOUR LIFE, JEREMIE. [/questions I'm not supposed to ask]

Lyoko's a little chrome- looking, but good-looking for its place in the timeline. The Desert and Ice sectors weren't too bad. I never liked how the Forest looked in Season 1, and I don't think we saw much of the Mountains...

FIVE KANKRELATS OH MY GOD YOU GUYS WE'RE GOING TO DIE. One thing I noticed- Odd's lazer arrows have a sort of tail on them in the beginning. They get shorter as the animation improves I guess.

Let's see if I can actually keep track of this! Odd gets hit in the chest and loses 10 life points. Somehow, this means he has 50 life points left.

OHAI FUTURE FLASH HOW YOU DOIN. Fortelling doom as usual I see. How many of those did he have, anyway? Two? Two that I can remember.

And here's the other reason CL has so many fans- Yumi's naked scene. And her outfit. Antefilms certainly took the easy way out when it came to getting viewership.

And now here's why I love this episode! GIANT TEDDY BEAR SMASHING THINGS. Only on CL would this be a passable plot. And aww it's some Ulrich/Yumi. Things were a bit easier when William wasn't around.

And even after being told to hurry, Aelita just moseys along as always. I guess it doesn't matter unless one is directly affected.

The stock Jeremie talking clip where it looks like he's flashing the monitor always cracks me up. You have to wonder why they animated it.

Who is Jim to judge how sloppy Ulrich looks? He's still got the bandaid! AND the headband! Then again, I suppose they're just parts of his head by now...

Okay, Ulrich flirtation. Sissi's still Sissi. Nicolas actually looks decent; actually, without the short shorts he's a passably good character. Herb's outfit is wtflol.

Where'd Ulrich get a microphone? And did no one notice him getting up on a table? I love this episode.

And there is stunned silence. Honestly, Ulrich, you could've just told them it was a bomb threat or somethi- hey. You, front row, to the right! You're hot! But I've never seen you I don't think. Are you on any of the class lists? And I think I can see Emily in the back, orange shirt. And far left, back row? If you're a Five reader, kindly hit Alexandre Pepin with a sledgehammer. I love ADHD.

I remember seeing the scene of Sissi screaming in this one commercial... a lot. But yeah. CLIMAX! [size=0]Although I'm sure some of the guys in the audience-*banned*[/size]

Did anyone else notice that Jim's gut spontaneously vanished when he was screaming? I'm serious. It's gone.

Apparently Odd likes to steal Ulrich's lines when he's not around. And now there's this one scene where Aelita deactivates the tower while her friends are dying it's quite stunning.

The way Ulrich and Yumi are going in this episode, you'd think they were already dating. Anyway, back to the past we go...and aww everything's alright again. Sissi has a BSOD, Odd scores with Yumi for the only time in his life, and the newsnerds get their revenge. Hooray!

PROS:
- Um. It's an episode that manages to pull off one of the most ridiculous plots ever. Don't tell me you'd give it any less than all-consuming love.
- First episode- the series actually began!
- I'm not sure whether to count the naked as a pro, con, or a "it happened".
- Hot Guy On The Right. Who either is or is a clone of Jean Baptiste Pujol. He looks a lot better in that shirt.

CONS:
- Some character inconsistency and awkward
- Some grammatical awkward, and word misuse
- I never knew the extent to which they didn't introduce things before. It's actually now kind of annoying.
- It's not top-notch programming in the slightest. I don't really care.

By merit of entertainment, it warrants about an 8. By merit of love, it deserves about an eleventy billion.
Carth offline

Previous