Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:46 am

The Key (Season 2 Finale)

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Was it worth watching the finale?

Heck yes!! 20/20
83%
Really good... 15/20
12%
Regular, but good...10/20
2%
It could have been better... 5/20
2%
It dissapointed me!
2%

Total votes : 123

Postby Chad Rains » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:26 pm

as a note for those utilizing the archives ive posted up, please stop the episode you are currently watching and refresh the page I have previously linked. I redid a few things and moved the 2 webcam vids to their own publishing point which has the same 6 viewer limit (rather than 1) as the live feed from earlier.
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby michaeldim » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:49 pm

That won't work for me.

This episode was very interesting. This was the best thing since sliced bread..

The seepage
michaeldim offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby animenologist » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:54 pm

That was incredibly awesome. I have to say, I was on the edge of my seat the whole entire time. So many questions answered and some questions raised. The people at the "Let's talk tech" thread will be pleased (me included). And yet, at the same time it was as if the writers were teasing us aswell. They gave us so much except what all of us really desire. U/Y still haven't consummated their relation, Odd still doesn't have a permanent romantic interest, Jeremie still hasn't shown us his virtualized form, and no one else joins the team. Guess they're keeping that to keep us yearning, and oh how we continue to yearn.

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes.

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes."
-- Buckminster Fuller
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:32 pm

Oh...my...gosh...that was the darkest Code Lyoko episode I have ever seen in my entire life. It rivals (maybe even surpasses) GK's dark tone! I can see this series taking a very serious turn now with XANA being freed of Lyoko. What's he going to do? Only time will tell...

Commenting on different aspects of the episode....GAH! Aelita was being especially intense!!! This episode was so full of J/A that I couldn't really pout about the spotlight being less on Ulrich and Yumi. It wasn't completely anyway. Ulrich brought the series full circle again, as "New Order" started out with him attempting to tell Yumi his feelings and "The Key" ended more or less on the same note (although I'm guessing they're that much more stronger, taking into account episodes like "Cold War" and "A Bad Turn").

The Lyoko battle was great! Sector 5 still rocks my socks! I can see how this show is going to translate very nicely into a video game. Yumi's gymnastics routine and the whole "Sector 5" breakdown was amazing! Odd was all kitty-ish again too! ^.^ And Yumi and Ulrich always have great fight scenes as well. The Mantas helping out Ulrich and Aelita was really nice too! XD And now they all can complain about how much it hurts to get "steam-rolled" in Sector 5, since Ulrich got his own turn. I jumped out of my seat though when it happened. That's gotta hurt...

In terms of sheer emotion, I'd say this episode and "Cold War" are in a dead heat (ha..."dead heat"..."Cold War"...ha...there's your funny line, Odd ^^ ). Aelita's near-death experience was downright frightening. She even had the "whole life flashing before her eyes" experience. Simply unbelievable! And Jeremie's despair was really touching...poor kid...he and Aelita don't deserve that kind of pain at all. None of Team Lyoko do, for that matter. I suppose there'll be many more hardships to come though...

We finally get some clear cut back story on Aelita's past life. Did anyone notice she was wearing her old "materialized form" outfit through some of it? SWEET!!! AnteFilms really knows how to tie up those subtle loose ends we all mention from time to time. That explains why she first materialized in that outfit. Jeremie and the others must have bought her the other outfit at a later time. Neat! :) (Mister Puck...awww...)

My goodness though...the death of Lyoko...with everything shutting down and being absorbed by a dark shadow. Absolutely mind-blowing! And the activation of the four passage towers of Lyoko. It was nice to see those get some mention again...although not in such an intense situation. O.O The appearance of the white tower was great though...light beating back the dark. Go Franz Hopper! :D

The ending was awesome! An unbreakable circle of friendship! XANA's got one serious fight on his hands! Go Team Lyoko! We've got faith in you all! ^.^

Jinnai wrote:This was 95% great, the only reason it's not perfect was that it never resolved the dance. I would've liked to see how the Ulrich/Yumi and increasingly obvious Sissy/Odd turrned out.

The dance sort of was resolved. They all didn't go and since there was no RTTP, it was as if they simply didn't attend the dance. It's a shame though since I was looking forward to some Y/U and J/A-ness at the dance, but XANA duty calls. ^^ And there's always next season, I suppose.

They brought William in again...who hasn't been seen since "A Bad Turn", IIRC. I had to giggle at the present Sissi gave Ulrich...classic. And Odd chasing Ulrich around while throwing proverbs at him?! Fantastic! They even did the "gloomy" and "Yumi" rhyme again. I have to go write those down when I watch it again. They'd make good sig quotes. :D

Darkborn wrote:any ideas about how Aelitas mother dissapeared?

Yeah...they really breezed over it. It's possible she died of illness or the like. They showed her asleep in her chair, and then in a flash she was gone. Might have been a very sudden death...Poor Aelita...

Darkborn wrote:Gah! Where's my Aelita doll when i need a hug?!

XD You know...that mini "Aelita" in the orb that represented Aelita's missing fragment...my silly thought on that as she approached it was, "Lucky girl...she gets the first Aelita action figure...they're not even in stores yet!" ^^; Oh dear...

An unforgettable episode! 20/10! And a standing ovation to all the VAs! This was sheer magic! ^.^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TB3 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:36 pm

Was I the only one who choked up when Aelita's mom vanished and she said 'Mommee?'

In fact, watching the last five minutes of this episode gives me a twisting sensation in my stomach.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Keoro » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:36 pm

It looks like now they'll be able to tell people about Lyoko now, since the authorities wouldn't destroy the supercomputer if they knew it wouldn't eliminate the threat and even would kill someone else still trapped on Lyoko...

Keoro offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Darkborn » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:39 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:XD You know...that mini "Aelita" in the orb that represented Aelita's missing fragment...my silly thought on that as she approached it was, "Lucky girl...she gets the first Aelita action figure...they're not even in stores yet!" ^^; Oh dear...

haha what went through my mind was "ahh Aelita has gone evil! she has an evil Mini me!"
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:45 pm

Too bad Jim didn't get to re-learn the secret yet.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:52 pm

Darkborn wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:XD You know...that mini "Aelita" in the orb that represented Aelita's missing fragment...my silly thought on that as she approached it was, "Lucky girl...she gets the first Aelita action figure...they're not even in stores yet!" ^^; Oh dear...

haha what went through my mind was "ahh Aelita has gone evil! she has an evil Mini me!"

Mufufufufu...

"And she shall be dubbeth....MINI-MEH!"

...yeh.
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:00 pm

um....
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby _Yumi_x_Ulrich_ » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:00 pm

That episode was thee best! It was a little dark...I mean Odd almost got drowned, Aelita tried to commit suicide, and XANA almost took over the entire world. I'll admit it...I cried when Aelita died. But now she's back! For a minute there I thought XANA had won...but Franz Hopper once again saved the day! I was a little dissapointed though...when Yumi said no to William but Ulrich said yes to Sissy (out of jealousy) for the dance...I thought there would be the long awaited kiss when they made up...but in the end they don't even go to the dance. So that was the only bad thing I can say about this episode. Other than that I have to say that it was one of my favorite episodes.
_Yumi_x_Ulrich_ offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby MY85 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:00 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:Oh...my...gosh...that was the darkest Code Lyoko episode I have ever seen in my entire life. It rivals (maybe even surpasses) GK's dark tone! I can see this series taking a very serious turn now with XANA being freed of Lyoko. What's he going to do? Only time will tell...

This episode from my point of view was even darker than Garage Kids. GK was just dark because of its colours, but The Key involved death and suicide attempt from Aelita. Poor Aelita. I wonder what would Vili think about this. And where is SamBlob, btw? I miss his comments...

Mewberries151 wrote:The Lyoko battle was great! Sector 5 still rocks my socks! I can see how this show is going to translate very nicely into a video game. Yumi's gymnastics routine and the whole "Sector 5" breakdown was amazing! Odd was all kitty-ish again too! ^.^ And Yumi and Ulrich always have great fight scenes as well. The Mantas helping out Ulrich and Aelita was really nice too! XD And now they all can complain about how much it hurts to get "steam-rolled" in Sector 5, since Ulrich got his own turn. I jumped out of my seat though when it happened. That's gotta hurt...

Ulrich got pancaked!! If I'm not wrong, Yumi's the only warriro who hasn't got pancaked, like Odd and Ulrich did. That Mantas scene rocked!! And when Sector 5 broke down, all h*ll set loose.

It was a sad episode. Not even Odd could try to be funny at the end. They already know what they're going to face next will be much worse...

What did Hopper said about Mister Puck at the end? He asked to Aelita something like "Do you remember Mister Puck?" and then they went to his lab hideout... it was quite weird, but Aelita's past rocked.

Mewberries151 wrote:The dance sort of was resolved. They all didn't go and since there was no RTTP, it was as if they simply didn't attend the dance. It's a shame though since I was looking forward to some Y/U and J/A-ness at the dance, but XANA duty calls. ^^ And there's always next season, I suppose.

The matter would be if they haven't gone to it yet, or the last scene was one day after the party. Though, I can picture them not going to the party after a very rough day. Assupmting that they might have lifted Aelita to the hospital after being materialized again. Poor Aelita. Knowing all her past in just one shot.

Mini-mes?? If XANA gets even more powerful, they might make a CL midget episode... :S
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Taelia » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:04 pm

Little Aelita was so cute! And her mommy was so beautiful!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Blue Armor Boy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:06 pm

Is her moms hair naturally pink?
Chivalry ftw!
Blue Armor Boy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby animenologist » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:08 pm

You would be wrong, Rodri, Yumi got pancaked in Is Anybody Out There? though Odd is the only one to get pancaked twice, its not fair.

As for why Hopper asked where Mr. Puck was, that was the same place he hid his diary. He was asking if she remembers where he hid his diary. If she remembers where she hid Mr. Puck, she will remember she will eventually come to a point where she can recover that diary.

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes.

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes."
-- Buckminster Fuller
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Chad Rains » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:12 pm

I just flipped back through the episode and Franz said that Mr. Puck means "Goblin". beyond that...
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:13 pm

animenologist wrote:You would be wrong, Rodri, Yumi got pancaked in Is Anybody Out There? though Odd is the only one to get pancaked twice, its not fair.

Sorry, I've only seen the first 10 episodes, Cold War, Franz Hopper and The Key. I gotta see them all someday. Seeing me comenting of The Key is quite weird... but its feels just awesome to comment on a live episode.

animenologist wrote:As for why Hopper asked where Mr. Puck was, that was the same place he hid his diary. He was asking if she remembers where he hid his diary. If she remembers where she hid Mr. Puck, she will remember she will eventually come to a point where she can recover that diary.

*remembers Mister Puck, the episode* The doll had a key and it led to a train station locker, right?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:13 pm

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:Oh...my...gosh...that was the darkest Code Lyoko episode I have ever seen in my entire life. It rivals (maybe even surpasses) GK's dark tone! I can see this series taking a very serious turn now with XANA being freed of Lyoko. What's he going to do? Only time will tell...

This episode from my point of view was even darker than Garage Kids. GK was just dark because of its colours, but The Key involved death and suicide attempt from Aelita. Poor Aelita. I wonder what would Vili think about this. And where is SamBlob, btw? I miss his comments...

Indeed! I'm very inclined to agree! SamBlob's taken a small vacation from LF to catch up on some work and sleep. He said he'd come back at some point though. ^^

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:The Lyoko battle was great! Sector 5 still rocks my socks! I can see how this show is going to translate very nicely into a video game. Yumi's gymnastics routine and the whole "Sector 5" breakdown was amazing! Odd was all kitty-ish again too! ^.^ And Yumi and Ulrich always have great fight scenes as well. The Mantas helping out Ulrich and Aelita was really nice too! XD And now they all can complain about how much it hurts to get "steam-rolled" in Sector 5, since Ulrich got his own turn. I jumped out of my seat though when it happened. That's gotta hurt...

Ulrich got pancaked!! If I'm not wrong, Yumi's the only warriro who hasn't got pancaked, like Odd and Ulrich did. That Mantas scene rocked!! And when Sector 5 broke down, all h*ll set loose.

It was a sad episode. Not even Odd could try to be funny at the end. They already know what they're going to face next will be much worse...

What did Hopper said about Mister Puck at the end? He asked to Aelita something like "Do you remember Mister Puck?" and then they went to his lab hideout... it was quite weird, but Aelita's past rocked.

Yumi got pancaked (sort of) in "Is Anybody Out There?". It wasn't a traditional one since she got crushed between two walls closing in from the sides...plus she managed to get a hand free before getting "pancaked"...which was actually pretty creepy, to tell the truth.... O_o I hope you get to see that episode soon. It's a decently neat one. ;)

Yep...not alot of humor in the final half of this episode at all. Odd's attempts to get a date were amusing, as was his "Proverbial Chase" scene, but it was so interspersed with drama, anyway. This was one angst-filled episode.

Hopper asked Aelita if she "remembered where Mister Puck was". I suppose he wanted to make sure she had that memory fresh in her mind since Hopper hid his train locker key in Mister Puck, which in turn held his diary files. She'd be the key to his journal too.

*thinks a moment* I almost want to make an "Aelita Keychain" joke...but that's rather disrespectful of me. ^^; I do feel bad for Odd though...he never got his funny line. T.T
Last edited by Mewberries151 on Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:14 pm

I loved Aelita's mother. She was beautiful.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stephen (x1) » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:18 pm

I can never say much about this. Though the best ending would have been the death of Aelita. And the rest could have waited for season 3...

Yup, XANA's out.
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:22 pm

I also liked Aelita's room. Very "Hello Kitty"-esque.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:26 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:

Indeed! I'm very inclined to agree! SamBlob's taken a small vacation from LF to catch up on some work and sleep. He said he'd come back at some point though. ^^

Yeah. You know, GK was just some setup plot, no hard events. But what made it scary was the colours on it. And Odd's fear, which we would hardly see at Code Lyoko. Darn... I hope he changes his mind soon. I'm not much into browsing through DA, anyways,

Mewberries151 wrote:Yep...not alot of humor in the final half of this episode at all. Odd's attempts to get a date were amusing, as was his "Proverbial Chase" scene, but it was so interspersed with drama, anyway. This was one angst-filled episode.

Hehe... he couldn't get the girl this time. Perhaps Chase wasn't much of a player like Odd. Once she knew his real name, she drifted away from him. I don't think Odd has AIDS, though. Or maybe rumours of him having some STD. XD
MY85 offline

Postby Taelia » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:28 pm

That's why I think Matt should start dating!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby FormicaArchonis » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:30 am

_Yumi_x_Ulrich_ wrote:Aelita tried to commit suicide,

Not just suicide. If you assume Franz Hopper dies when Lyoko's shut down, that was a murder/suicide. Patricide/suicide, to be specific - and she did seem pretty ticked off at Dear Ol' Dad when she did it. And if you count XANA as a living being, evil or not, it's a double murder/suicide. (However you slice it, I found it kind of shocking for a Y7 show, I have to admit. Still: It shows you what you can get away with as long as a character doesn't toss a rope over the rafters or stick her head in the gas oven.)
FormicaArchonis offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Location: A basement. Your basement, my basement, I don't know. But I'm sure it's a basement.

Postby Stonecreek » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:34 am

Hehe...I changed my avatar to correspond with the episode title because I liked it so much. Not only does the avatar stand in for an episdoe title, it is also indicative of my happiness level after seeing the episode.
Stonecreek offline

PreviousNext