Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:51 pm

The Girl of the Dreams

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Rail Runner » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:30 pm

she may resurface...because at the end of the episode, they welcomed her into the class, they just might be saving some of the fun for season 3. Im not sure, but one can only hope...I think it would be pretty cool if Aelita and Taelia met. I actually think they could have a good friendship.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:27 am

Yeah, there's a lot of rumers going around that Taila is Aelita's sister...
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:42 pm

LucyMcGonagle wrote:Yeah, there's a lot of rumers going around that Taila is Aelita's sister...

She's not though. That was a false rumor that I think originated from the IMDB forums.

If Taelia was Aelita's sister, she would have been in the flashbacks in "The Key". Not only that, she'd have to be older than Aelita by now (having been born before Aelita's mother died, and before Franz Hopper took himself and Aelita into Lyoko). Because one technically doesn't age in Lyoko, Aelita didn't age while she was there. But if Taelia was her sister, she would have continued to age normally and would have likely been too old to enter Jeremie's class.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rail Runner » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:59 pm

hi mew...i wish they never would have started that rumor in the first place...but considering that Taelia look like Aelita and the names are similar, I could see how they could have believed that...I think that episode creeped me out though...being that they were so similar...looks and everything...Taelia definitely made me think though.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:39 am

Mewberries151 wrote:
LucyMcGonagle wrote:Yeah, there's a lot of rumers going around that Taila is Aelita's sister...

She's not though. That was a false rumor that I think originated from the IMDB forums.

If Taelia was Aelita's sister, she would have been in the flashbacks in "The Key". Not only that, she'd have to be older than Aelita by now (having been born before Aelita's mother died, and before Franz Hopper took himself and Aelita into Lyoko). Because one technically doesn't age in Lyoko, Aelita didn't age while she was there. But if Taelia was her sister, she would have continued to age normally and would have likely been too old to enter Jeremie's class.

whew. Thank you god....I do not like Taelia...

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:50 am

Mewberries151 wrote:

Half-sister, maybe? Do we know Aelita's mother is dead?
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:10 pm

Fair point...maybe she was captured by the government, or maybe she just became very sick, and was put in the hospital...(okay...plot forming!!!!)

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:44 am

Cassius335 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:

Half-sister, maybe? Do we know Aelita's mother is dead?

It is my opinion that her "flash disappearance" followed by Aelita's small cry of "Mommy?" was Moonscoop's tasteful way of telling us that she died and rather unexpectedly. That motif has been used before in other cartoons to represent just that, so it is likely a similar case here. That's just my theory on it though. ^^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Grand_Commander13 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:51 am

Yeah. Some people on Gaia seem to think she was taken by the military. Heck, one dude said the FBI probably took her. :arg: I had to explain to the poor boy that it would be the DST (isn't Google awesome?) since the show is set in France, and that her being kidnapped or anything is highly unlikely, since nothing else points to anything like that.

I wouldn't be like "OMFG 1053rZ!" at the writers if they do say she was taken by the military or something, but I definitely think it's far less probable than her being killed by something (now I could buy an assassination or botched kidnapping here without too much trouble).
Grand_Commander13 offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby LadyLucy » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:48 am

Poor Aelita...But it would be cool if her mom was still alive...

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ji45ojperjfenfpen » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:29 pm

Hm...I read somewhere that Taelia was a flawed version of Aelita or something.

ji45ojperjfenfpen offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:49 am

DayDreamer23182 wrote:Hm...I read somewhere that Taelia was a flawed version of Aelita or something.

Nah, that was a false rumor that some CL fansites accidentally took as true. Season 2 shows that it isn't true (I won't give spoilers in case you haven't seen it yet).

In fact, after this episode, Taelia isn't seen again (the reason isn't really known). ^^

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ji45ojperjfenfpen » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:21 am

Seriously? I thought that was the truth... but I have seen season 2 so It does prove it wrong...but still. Where that rumor was it didn't say that it was just a theory or whatever so it confused me! ^^; Those sites with that on there shouldn't have it on there because people might mistake it for the real thing...or something.

Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:38 am

Taelia kinda reminded me of Blackfire. ^^
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:41 am

you know Taelia..now that you mention it..she does..she has that same brazen bold attitude, and she pretty much tells everyone off in the same fashion...but she does have one thing that Blackfire didnt have..true confusion and fear...so that is the main difference between them.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby lyokowarriorteen20010 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:50 am

You know if you rearange TEALIA you get AELITA I think the authers came up with her name as an anagram.
Blank slate soon to be wrote on.

lyokowarriorteen20010 offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Rail Runner » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:53 am

true, but that has been mentioned...but the similarities struck me as cool...but I knew it wasnt Aelita...I wasnt fooled.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:01 am

Taelia wrote:Taelia kinda reminded me of Blackfire. ^^

Haha!! T.T. fan!! Woot!! I don't know...is Blackfire that snippy? She's just evil...Taelia's a brat...

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:23 am

I kind of feel that Taelia's a largely misunderstood character. Alot of people just list her off as a brat because she "tattled" on the group about Lyoko...but honestly, I think she's one of the more believable secondary characters that appears in CL.

Yes, she told Odd off (or ignored his questions moreover), but honestly, that did sound like a pick-up line (whether he meant it to be one or not), and even Ulrich said that Odd only didn't like her because she brushed off his flirting. Flirt attempts might have been something she's wary and sensitive about, because, being an orphan she might have had a lot of guys try to take advantage of her in the past (out of loneliness or for some other reason perhaps). Other than that, her behavior is pretty normal for a girl her age. Wouldn't you think someone was nuts if they not only burst into your room uninvited, but then started ranting about someone being out to get you? I think I'd be a little uncertain about going anywhere near them (at least until the samurai showed up ^^).

Her tattling is kind of logical too. Jeremie told her everything about Lyoko (XANA, what he does, how to stop him, etc) except one thing. Aelita. Because he thought she was Aelita, he neglected to tell her why they hadn't shut the computer off already, and he never did tell her. He also neglected to tell her that if one is virtualized into Lyoko and it is then shut off while you're still inside it, you're done for. He didn't give Taelia any reasons for keeping the place a secret and definitely none as to why it shouldn't be shut off. I'm not saying Jeremie's at fault here (the guy's lovesick, and was low on sleep, so it's not really anything he could have helped ^^), but I would say that Taelia acted rather logically with the information she was given.

Eh, but then again, this wasn't really one of my favorite episodes, so maybe I shouldn't really be saying anything. *sweatdrop* ^^;

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:27 am

Actually, Mew, you're absolutely right!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:11 pm

You are totally correct Mew..but we are just trying to knitpick our way through the episode..thats all.

I understand why she told...thats not the problem for me..but I wish Odd would have laid off a bit...geez...that does sorta get old sometimes..him always trying pick up lines on girls..I mean I realize that Odd is Odd but still..sometimes enough is enough.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby ji45ojperjfenfpen » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:46 pm

Yep, I agree. If I was a new student and all that stuff with virtual worlds and samouri armer coming to life and trying to kill me stuff, I wouldn't have been all nice about. I would be REALLY freaked out.

Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Rail Runner » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:51 pm

No one can say that they wouldnt react in the same way, but being that we are looking from the outside in, we understand, where as she is in the middle of the whole experience...I would have acted the same way...just not as rudely.
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:09 am

I agree. Her reaction was justified....but she didn't have to be such a snot about it... :arg:

LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Zeakari » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:25 pm

Actually, from the way they practically jumped her with strange questions, including some personal ones, I wouldn't have been very nice myself.^^; Except I would've been more mean in the silent I'm-just-going-to-ignore-you-as-best-I-can-and-pretend-you're-not-hear way. I also would've found it extremely irritating if someone kept on calling me by a different name while knowing fully what mine was. :arg:
Image < Gigi! Image < Mr. Tadakichi Image <Yay! 8D

I am a :female:
Zeakari offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

PreviousNext