Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:45 pm

The Girl of the Dreams

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Postby xxJeanGreyxx » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:46 pm

Well didn't they say at the end of the episode The Girl of the Dreams that her parents died. So that's why she didn't want to talk about it?
<3 x <3 x <3 J <3 e <3 a <3 n <3 G <3 r <3 e <3 y <3 x <3 x <3
*~*~*~
xxJeanGreyxx offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:52 pm

Make a transcript of it and we'll see. ;)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Blue Armor Boy » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:54 pm

Well, put yourself in her position. You're new, dont know anybody and they ask you what happened to your parents. Would you want to talk about it?
Chivalry ftw!
Blue Armor Boy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby xxJeanGreyxx » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:13 pm

Blue Armor Boy wrote:Well, put yourself in her position. You're new, dont know anybody and they ask you what happened to your parents. Would you want to talk about it?

No. I wasn't trying to start a fight.

--

I don't know if this was directed at me or someone else.
<3 x <3 x <3 J <3 e <3 a <3 n <3 G <3 r <3 e <3 y <3 x <3 x <3
*~*~*~
xxJeanGreyxx offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby animenologist » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:42 pm

Shame we never got to see her again. Guessing she got transferred out of school very quickly after she entered. Could of been nice to have her character developed a bit. Maybe could of improved on her attitude the same way they improved Sissi's, she was kinda mean and rude to rat them out like that after they trusted her.

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes.

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes."
-- Buckminster Fuller
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:44 pm

Taelia should appear again. She may have been a snot, but she was a very mysterious girl with a familiar appearance.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby *Star* Gazer » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:24 pm

Eh well all we can do is hope for season 3 and 4
*Star* Gazer offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: The classic "RIGHT BEHIND YOU". In my case, "INSIDE YOU."

Postby knifey » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:21 am

Well, as a matter of fact, Taelia was mentioned in season 2.

"Deja Vu" when Odd and Ulrich were at the pool Odd was guessing who could have been his "cyber girlfriend" and the first girl he guessed was Taelia. Its actually kind of funny because if its correct and she really did stay at Kadic then Odd must of dated her due to the fact he dated every girl in the 8th grade.
knifey offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby animenologist » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:59 am

KnifeShock wrote:Well, as a matter of fact, Taelia was mentioned in season 2.

"Deja Vu" when Odd and Ulrich were at the pool Odd was guessing who could have been his "cyber girlfriend" and the first girl he guessed was Taelia. Its actually kind of funny because if its correct and she really did stay at Kadic then Odd must of dated her due to the fact he dated every girl in the 8th grade.

I thought his first guess was Tania, as in Tania Grandjean. She's in the same grade as Odd and actually has a profile in the class roster. It also rhymes with Taelia, and Odd was speaking rather softly as well as Jim being heard speaking over him, so I had to hear it multiple times, and I still can't distinguish if it was an n sound or an l sound. But they seem to have basically disregarded Taelia's existance, so I'm going with Tania on this one.

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than in the one where they sprang up."

"There is no such thing as a failed experiment, only experiments with unexpected outcomes."
-- Buckminster Fuller
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby emoBillâ„¢ » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:06 am

xxJeanGreyxx wrote:Yeah. It bugged me at the end when he said, "Clearly that isn't Aelita. You can tell by her face... etc." I don't remember the exact words, but it was something like that.

He was embarrased, so he tried to make up for it with "Oh, I knew it couldn't be her"

XD
___________________Image
emoBillâ„¢ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TB3 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:31 pm

I think the problem with Taelia is that she was far too headstrong and self-centred. She also diplayed a lack of ability to understand a situation from another person's perspective and act appropriately - frankly I found her irritating, though she had potential.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby emoBillâ„¢ » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:35 pm

Well you would get the police too if you found a virtual world. But I agree she was a bit too self-centred.
___________________Image
emoBillâ„¢ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby . » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:49 pm

Aelita wrote:Well you would get the police too if you found a virtual world. But I agree she was a bit too self-centred.

I'd be more inclined to mess around with it.... And even more incline to steal Aelita away from Jeremy, but I'm a freak so... yeah :P
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:22 pm

TB3 wrote:I think the problem with Taelia is that she was far too headstrong and self-centred. She also diplayed a lack of ability to understand a situation from another person's perspective and act appropriately - frankly I found her irritating, though she had potential.

For a severely long and intense debate on Taelia (which includes my views on her) see this link. XD

Good times...good times. ^^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby emoBillâ„¢ » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:26 pm

Ew..scary...people have seen Theo in the background and Taelia might still be there...

YAY! MY POSTCOUNT'S INCREASED!
___________________Image
emoBillâ„¢ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Jeremified » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:33 pm

Aelita wrote:Ew..scary...people have seen Theo in the background and Taelia might still be there...
That would be scary... what if she noticed Aelita? The fact that they're names are both anagrams of each other and that they're almost perfectly identical might kinda creep her out. :toomuch:
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Strangely_Scott » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:51 pm

you know the fact is what if xana sent her. she does look like aelita.
Strangely_Scott offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Pika53 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:54 pm

I thought this episode was pretty good. As someone mentioned earlier the battle Yumi had with the sameri was cool to watch.
It kinda reminded me of the lightsaber battles from Star Wars.
Pika53 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Jesus Freak » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:36 pm

animenologist wrote:Wikipedia, tv.com, and CN.com all says Girl of the Dreams. Though CN omitted the first "The".
Who cares? :cussout:
ImageImageImage

Jesus Freak offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:12 pm

Jesus Freak wrote:
animenologist wrote:Wikipedia, tv.com, and CN.com all says Girl of the Dreams. Though CN omitted the first "The".

Come on now, be nice. Animenologist was only pointing something out about the episode title.

That is a common debate about this episode. The title on the episode screen itself clearly reads "The Girl of the Dreams". The phrase commonly heard though is "Girl of my Dreams" or something along those lines, but that is not the episode title.

Interestingly enough, the French title for it is "Creatures de Reve" which translates literally to "Creatures of Dream" or "Dream Creatures". But as this would make for a very wonky English title, I'm assuming that's why it was changed.

This is not the first time, nor will it likely be the last time that the episode titles are "adjusted" when translated into English. There were quite a few others in season 1 and several more in season 2, most notably "Uncharted Territory" ("Territoire Inconnu" or "Unknown Territory" literally) and "A Bad Turn", which in French was called "Mauvais Conduire" or "Badly Driven" literally. "Mauvais Conduire" is also a clever play off a similar French slang phrase that means "playing a bad hand" as in a game of cards. Considering what happens in the beginning to both Ulrich and Yumi, the title becomes almost witty and poetic. :D

There are several other episodes that have titles that use similar plays on words in their original titles but I shan't torture you further about it. ;)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby LadyLucy » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:46 am

No me gusta Talia. (I don't like her...in Spanish. :D ) BUt I do like Jeremie being so cute at the end....
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:26 pm

I thought Taelia was an interesting character...but too snappy. I definitely would have loved to know more about her. I dont hate Taelia, I just dislike her attitude towards the group.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LadyLucy » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:04 pm

Though it was kinda funny when she dissed Odd....
It was still unnessasary...Aelita would probably be slightly insulted by the fact that they thought she and Taelia was one and the same.
viewtopic.php?t=2354- my Art Thread...please visit!!
Behold, the rejoyic-ify worthy sig by Jeremified!!!

Thankszers to Vora for this coolzers sig!!!

Someone told me today that I was crazy....I fell off my unicorn in shock!
LadyLucy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Rail Runner » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:51 pm

well...being that they almost did look alike...I could understand why Jeremie was so convinced it was Aelita...but for Aelita to be offended...Im not quite sure how that would come about...I am imagining that she would be more curious than offended.
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby animenologist » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:19 pm

Jesus Freak wrote:

I made that comment about 4 months ago, why bother with it after all that time? Not to mention it was part of a clarification to another post. Also, I thought the most quirky name change was "Just in Time", which in French was "D’un Cheveu" which meant "Of a hair". In reference to the hair that Jeremie materialized in that episode and what he did with it after. Guess they didn't want to spoil the ending, eh.

As to be more on topic, whose to say that if Taelia didn't stick around, she may have undergone a Sissi-like transformation like she was in Season 2? The fact that she had no total ill-will to the gang, nor the gang to her may have expedited her transformation. But she's gone now, and we'll probably never see her again.

-- Buckminster Fuller
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

PreviousNext