Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:16 am

Contact

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Contact - A touchdown or a leper's touch?

10+ - GLORY BE TO HOPPER ON HIGH!
53%
10-7: The end is near, and I'm on the edge of my seat
45%
7-5: Okay - Not great and not bad either
3%
5-2: Meh
No votes
2-0: Whatever - what's on Fox?
No votes

Total votes : 40

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:12 am

So you heard...
I'm gonna ask someone about that!

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Jinnai » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:33 pm

Woah...Sissy and Hopper are badass! But XANA still has the upper hand of course. :evillaugh:
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Jinnai offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Darkborn » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:34 pm

That person Xana possessed was really creepy lol. She Drove off the ledge into the factory LOL.
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby lyokodude » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:36 pm

Anybody got an ep. summary I couldn't see all of it
Behold Lyokodude has re-emerged from the darkness. I got tired of not being here. Lol.

Season 4 alert be prepared for it. Me adn my friend know everything about un-aired Avatar seasons. I want a moment to be real
lyokodude offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:55 pm

DL wrote:Personally I thpught XANA would use Odd's movie as an idea and jumbo size her. And about the movie I have one thing to say: :rofl: :rofl2:

XD For about 5 seconds after she got possessed I thought that was precisely what was going to happen. XANA hasn't tried that kind of battle tactic in awhile, and it would have been fitting irony for Odd to have to stay behind and try to pacify her by at least apologizing or something.

I thought his movie was hilarious though. Definitely worthy of the "Blair Witch" award. :*D The kid playing Jim made me laugh so hard! Odd's really brave...to make a film like that, and then dare to show it, with the teachers around. ^.^ I wish they'd show more of Odd's films. This didn't quite beat the surprise hilarity of the BBBD music video, but it was awfully close.

Star Way wrote:Did the possessed doctor make anyone else think of Somara from The Ring, in a weird way? I know it technically wasn't a reference, but it reminded me of her.

Yes...yes, she did, in a really creepy way. Particularly when she had slumped over and her hair had fallen over her face. ^^; Kudos to them for that ref. ;)

Ransomed_Heart wrote:Well, I'm fairly impressed. It was't really what I was expecting, but a good episode nonetheless. And we have another tower color now: White for Franz Hopper!

And Aelita pulls yet another classic I'm-doing-what-I-think-should-be-done move. By now you would think Jeremie would just let her do what she needs to do, since she usually ends up being right anyway...

Yeah! A White Tower! :D When I first saw it in the beginning of the episode I thought, "A white tower?...or is my color on the fritz again?" More or less the same mind track I had in "Tip Top Shape". I rather like this idea their introducing of various colors for different tower activations. It's pretty clever. :)

XD Aelita..."stubborn fool-ness" abound! For a moment I thought Ulrich was a little miffed that she didn't stay with him. Considering the idea that XANA, by all means, doesn't want Aelita to be killed as well for the moment, keeping her nearby might have made the Megatanks hesitate with their attacks. Ah well...it was pretty amusing. You see Jeremie? If you want to actually influence her decisions while she's in Lyoko, you're just going to have to go in there yourself and tell her. ^_^

*woots* Ulrich battles rule!!! He has the most awesome battle style! Running around with super sprint was a clever way of fending off the Megatanks attacks. It's far too hard for them to hit a target that's moving rapidly since they have to re-adjust their position to get direct hits. Go Ulrich!

I had to laugh though when that Megatank got the better of him by clamping shut after his sword had impacted, and refusing to reopen. Sadly Ulrich is no King Arthur and could not pull his sword from the Megatank in time. ^^; He's awfully lucky that blast didn't destroy the rest of his life points. Or his own sword for that matter! :toomuch: Yeesh! I thought it was another MegaTank attacking him, but his sword's just as dangerous. I can't help but wonder if they're foreshadowing anything with this episode...considering the battle we know Ulrich has in the next episode. Oooo...I really can't wait now! :D

So, this was another great episode. It did cover what I figured would happen in it, which was Franz Hopper finally contacting them directly. Neat! I'm very excited for the final two episodes, particularly #51!! ^.^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:36 pm

There's one line in there that Ulrich said that reminded me of myself.
Which is really rare...
When he was fighting the megatanks, he made one fire at the other, pushed it back, and watched it teeter on the end.
That one little line in there..."Cool." For some reason that got my attention. Just that little childish ring in it... Sounds like me.
And that other line, when the megatank shut when the saber was in it's eye... "Well that's gotta hurt" Or something along those lines...
Who knew?

Postby Blue Armor Boy » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:40 pm

Did xana destroy the tower at the end? Because Ulrichs sword shattered by the megatank, and then it shot the tower. You can only assume it shot it more than once.
Chivalry ftw!
Blue Armor Boy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:45 pm

Well, no. The tank fires, the saber goes flying, and Ulrich's hit.
And I guess you can assume when the program quits, all accesoried go with it...
(Weapons, asmall bits of clothing that may have come loose, ect. ...)
And that same blast hit and destroyed the tower.

Postby Blue Armor Boy » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:47 pm

Yes, but xana wanted to destroy that tower much more than wanting to steal Aelitas memory at that point.
Chivalry ftw!
Blue Armor Boy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:51 pm

Not necesairily, XANA was simply doing both at the same time!
And he was smart-er this time. He made the Krabes keep her from running off.
XANA: Okay, you have two choices. You try to live and not get killed by the krabes, give me your memory, and then when we're done, I kill you.
Or you could try to run away and kill yourself, but feel better inside knowing I can't get your memory.
Which one is it?

Postby Blue Armor Boy » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:55 pm

Xana only activated a tower, because he needed a better chance of Franz not getting the message out, so he tried to blow up the tower, (like in Code Earth) and get rid of Sissi.

What a FAILIURE!
Chivalry ftw!
Blue Armor Boy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Activated Tower » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:28 am

AngelBolt wrote:And he was smart-er this time. He made the Krabes keep her from running off.

When I saw the Krabes, I realized XANA must be getting desprate. With Franz finally being able to contact the gang (I wonder what prevented him from doing so earlier, I'm sure he could've activated a tower any time, and it wouldn't make sense for him to wait until now), he'll probably do something similar in Revelation. I'd be suprised if he doesn't get Aelita's memory before the end of the season.
Activated Tower offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby DeadViolet » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:55 pm

IM BACK!!!!!!!! didja miss me? i didnt see dis episode. i was in tennessee fur thanksgivin, so i couldnt be on.

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ulrich Stern » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:10 am

odd22 wrote:...... I also thought at first sissi was talking backwards, but when i sae the numbers i knew it was a code from someone.....

OK code...right....YOU knew....anyway....FYI...those lines WERE PLAYED BACKWARDS.

She said...

"I'm Franz Hopper.
I can help you.
I want to enter into contact with you now".

Who came up with Czechoslovakian? The backwards audio was so obvious! :umm:

On a side note...the male voice played when Jeremy showed the others what he decoded was slowed down 25%
No I'm not ULRICH's VA so please stop PM'ing me questions! ;)

CODE: Hopper
Ulrich Stern offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:18 am

Am I the only one who liked the Czech thing better? :nyeh!:
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:08 pm

Cassius335 wrote:Am I the only one who liked the Czech thing better? :nyeh!:

I was like WTF when I read that... so it was backwards. Dang, I so wanna hear or watch Revelation in two days.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Blue Armor Boy » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:50 pm

They are going to show a re-run of Contact on miguzi today, if they dont change it at the last second.
Blue Armor Boy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Darkborn » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:53 pm

They proboly will. silly Miguzi.

(off-topic: anyone like the idea that they are showing a season2 ep then a season 1 ep after it?)
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Chad Rains » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:55 pm

no. not particularly. the 10 o'clock spot seems to handle the season 1 eps just fine.
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Blue Armor Boy » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:57 pm

Bad miguzi, Bad! Then again, they did actually show temptation yesterday, and not change it at the last second. Maybe they will show Contact today.

(Off topic: Yeah I love it )[/u][/b]
Blue Armor Boy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JeremyHopper » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:06 pm

Ulrich Stern wrote:OK code...right....YOU knew....anyway....FYI...those lines WERE PLAYED BACKWARDS.

She said...

"I'm Franz Hopper.
I can help you.
I want to enter into contact with you now".

He's right. Listen.

It plays the original and then backwards.

All the other parts in the episode where she speaks backwards she says the same things.
~Sean

I reject your reality and substitute my own. -Adam Savage
JeremyHopper offline

Postby MewmiC » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:34 pm

I loved this episode a lot.

Is it just me or does it seem like Ulrich is starting to act a bit...not like Ulrich.
In this episode he said some lines that didn't seem like something he probably would say, and of course his 'chemistry' line in Tip-Top-Shape. Maybe he's hanging out with Odd to much.

The only thing I want to know now is, why did it take so long to Franz to contact the gang? Hmm...
MewmiC offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby YDV » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:44 pm

He probably had trouble breaking through the barriers XANA most likely had on him in his imprisonment on Lyoko...

Excellent find, man! i mean, I thought it was her trying to say something like WTF?! Why can't I talk right? Help me! but backwards.
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby JeremyHopper » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:45 pm

TB3 wrote:Now that is interesting, particularly hearing Jodi Forrest saying that dialogue in straightforward English - I had chills.

When I listened to it, OMG, I did have chills to! It was freaky. Before I reversed it I was almost sure she was only ad-libbing and then reversed, but I was wrong! Cool.

Your Devirtualization wrote:Excellent find, man! i mean, I thought it was her trying to say something like WTF?! Why can't I talk right? Help me! but backwards.

Actually, it wasn't a find, I reversed it myself. Of course, anybody with windows sound recorder can do that, it's got reversal effects built in.
Last edited by JeremyHopper on Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Sean

I reject your reality and substitute my own. -Adam Savage
JeremyHopper offline

PreviousNext