Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:52 pm

Temptation

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Are you tempted?

If you mean tempted to shout OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED then yes! 10+
43%
Tempted to give two thumbs up - a great ep. 10 - 7
40%
The temptation to say 'yes' was there but my heart says 'no.' 7-5
10%
Tempted to go cry out my grief in my bedroom, alone with my shattered dreams
No votes
Tempted to load a shotgun and go 'Moonscoop Hunting!'
7%

Total votes : 42

Postby MY85 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:33 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:Nitpick: Why weren't the teachers and driver a bit more concerned when the ambulance drove off with Jeremie? They seemed rather calm, considering the circumstances.

How did Jeremie got into the hospital? I hate CN!! And other things to explain why people around the world can't see eveyrthing at the same time.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:34 pm

Star Way wrote:I noticed that too! When it started driving off I was expecting for someone else to go after it besides Yumi...

(Ambulance begins driving off, providing an almost certainly fatal situation for the small boy inside of it.)

Everyone except Yumi: Meh.

Animators/Writers: We're not lazy.

Precisely! I would have expected at least mild panic. Well, the driver did seem a bit upset, but I didn't see him running to stop it... *Sigh* It's no wonder the kids aren't having too hard a time keeping everything a secret, the adults around them couldn't care less!

Edited to answer Rodri's question without double posting...

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
Ransomed_Heart wrote:Nitpick: Why weren't the teachers and driver a bit more concerned when the ambulance drove off with Jeremie? They seemed rather calm, considering the circumstances.

How did Jeremie got into the hospital? I hate CN!! And other things to explain why people around the world can't see eveyrthing at the same time.

Jeremie was using a neural enhancer to increase his mental power in order to locate the antivirus faster. However, it was also causing his physical prowness to deteriorate, leading to a collapse. He was in the infirmary, but when he didn't improve they were going to send him to the hospital. XANA took posession of the ambulance, however, and sent Yumi and Jeremie into the river instead.
"I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.
I wanna fly looking in your eyes.."

-Jesse McCartney, "Because You Live"
~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Blue Armor Boy » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:45 pm

This episode did not live up to its name. What was tempted? Sure theres that brain enhancer thing, but he wasint really tempted to use that.
Blue Armor Boy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:48 pm

Blue Armor Boy wrote:This episode did not live up to its name. What was tempted? Sure theres that brain enhancer thing, but he wasint really tempted to use that.

It's like the Temptation of adquiring power to make better things, like finding the solution to Aelita's problem. God, I haven't watched the episode and by replying this, I really deserve watching it... *shoots himself*
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:49 pm

Blue Armor Boy wrote:This episode did not live up to its name. What was tempted? Sure theres that brain enhancer thing, but he wasint really tempted to use that.

Actually, that was exactly where the tempation was. Throughout this whole season, Jeremie has been almost single-mindedly focused on finding the antivirus. The enhancer gave him a way to do it, but at an obvious physical price. Thus, the temptation was to use the enhancer despite all personal costs, ones which he was apparently all to aware of according to his video journal.
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.

~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Chad Rains » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:51 pm

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:

It's like the Temptation of adquiring power to make better things, like finding the solution to Aelita's problem. God, I haven't watched the episode and by replying this, I really deserve watching it... *shoots himself*

I have to agree on this one. If I were in Jeremies shoes and I knew that the brain enhancer device would help me get much closer to finding Aelita's antivirus but in return, would cause me harm, I would really be tempted to use it.
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:52 pm

Vchat20 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:

I have to agree on this one. If I were in Jeremies shoes and I knew that the brain enhancer device would help me get much closer to finding Aelita's antivirus but in return, would cause me harm, I would really be tempted to use it.

And don't forget that Jeremie can drive himself nuts very badly just because of Aelita. And other stuff as well.

Edit to reply to Ransomed_Heart without double posting:

Ransomed_Heart wrote:Jeremie was using a neural enhancer to increase his mental power in order to locate the antivirus faster. However, it was also causing his physical prowness to deteriorate, leading to a collapse. He was in the infirmary, but when he didn't improve they were going to send him to the hospital. XANA took posession of the ambulance, however, and sent Yumi and Jeremie into the river instead.

Okay, thanks for the info. I hate to ask questions of an episode which I haven't watched yet (maybe I should give a rest from LF... I really hate it when new episodes airs and not being able to watch them just because of a f***ing cable service)... where did he got the neural enhancer? Isn't that illegal?
Last edited by MY85 on Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY85 offline

Postby Chad Rains » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:53 pm

yep. he would literally go to the ends of the earth for her. *_*
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Ransomed_Heart » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:57 pm

Vchat20 wrote:yep. he would literally go to the ends of the earth for her. *_*

That can also be a bad thing though, as shown here. Because the more obsessive he gets with things like finding the antivirus, the more he seems to both literally and figuratively push her away. In this episode he completely ignored his friends.
Someone who was there
When all my hopes fell.

~ <3 Ray
Ransomed_Heart offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby animenologist » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:06 pm

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
Ransomed_Heart wrote:Jeremie was using a neural enhancer to increase his mental power in order to locate the antivirus faster. However, it was also causing his physical prowness to deteriorate, leading to a collapse. He was in the infirmary, but when he didn't improve they were going to send him to the hospital. XANA took posession of the ambulance, however, and sent Yumi and Jeremie into the river instead.

Okay, thanks for the info. I hate to ask questions of an episode which I haven't watched yet (maybe I should give a rest from LF... I really hate it when new episodes airs and not being able to watch them just because of a f***ing cable service)... where did he got the neural enhancer? Isn't that illegal?

He created it from information he got from decrypting Franz Hopper's diary. Think Marabounta, with effects almost just as devastating.
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:12 pm

I really think that journal isn't really helping. So far it's only hindered the group.
Did anyone else notice that?
The dreams, visions, nightmares marabounta, braindrain from Ben Stein to Drool Monkey, *yeah, I watch JN. So sue me!* and the idea for XANA giving out an attack. And in the meantime, Sissy's speaking chzeck!

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Activated Tower » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:42 pm

AngelBolt wrote:I really think that journal isn't really helping. So far it's only hindered the group.
Did anyone else notice that?

And yet Hopper is claiming he can help them. It's a bit ironic, actually. We better hope he can help better than his journal.
Activated Tower offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Blue Armor Boy » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:45 pm

Maybe Frans put his ideas into a "good" and a "bad" section, and Jeremy is trying the ideas in the "bad" section.
Blue Armor Boy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Activated Tower » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:55 pm

That's probably it. I'm glad they weren't labeled though, because I really enjoyed this episode.
Activated Tower offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:37 pm

Well, mabey XANA in a primative form tricked Franz Hopper into going into Lyoko, where he took over his knowlege of the computer and realized the potentials. Then It forged almost a second account that wouldn't pick up the scan, but still increas in power each time.
Now XANA's figuring out how to take this guy's life and make it seem like he's really trying to help them.

Just a theory.

When I was watching Temptation, I was just about screaming at Odd to just shoot the Tarantula.
But That part where the Tarantula jabs it's face in Odd's and kind of growls at it was funny!
Anyone have a picture of that? I wanted to make something of it...

Postby Little Vili » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:39 pm

I cnt believe I missed the F***ing epidsodes!!! Now I have to wait till monday and tuesday just to see them.
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:45 pm

He he... Owie. I feel sorry for you, Vili.
And yet somehow I feel a little bit more confident about myself, because now I know everything about the show that's given.

Postby Activated Tower » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:46 pm

AngelBolt wrote:Well, mabey XANA in a primative form tricked Franz Hopper into going into Lyoko, where he took over his knowlege of the computer and realized the potentials. Then It forged almost a second account that wouldn't pick up the scan, but still increas in power each time.
Now XANA's figuring out how to take this guy's life and make it seem like he's really trying to help them.

Just a theory.

It's possible. But if Franz manipulates the tower Jeremie activates (and XANA then manipulated) in Revelation, then it's probably the real one (unless XANA's come up with a really elaborate trap).
Activated Tower offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:50 pm

XANA could trap Aelita in a false activated tower.
So that the attack would be to create a pretend tower glowing red, and that'd pick up the scan. Then make that tower invisible. Then place the false tower next to the real one. That way Aelita's stuck inside, and she's the only one who can de-activate the real tower that would get her out, but she can't because of the trap.
It's like locking the key in a locked box.

Postby MY85 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:52 pm

I can't watch CL, but x1 and Vili missed it. And Mewberries hasn't posted... oh, I remember why she's not here. *shot*
MY85 offline

Postby Activated Tower » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:59 pm

AngelBolt wrote:XANA could trap Aelita in a false activated tower.
So that the attack would be to create a pretend tower glowing red, and that'd pick up the scan. Then make that tower invisible. Then place the false tower next to the real one. That way Aelita's stuck inside, and she's the only one who can de-activate the real tower that would get her out, but she can't because of the trap.

And then putting the Scipizoa in there like you suggested in the 'Episode 51 to Feature Evil Clones' thread, right. I don't know if monsters can get in towers, but either way it's a good idea. There would have to be some way for Aelita to get out though; I suppose Jeremie could do an RTTP.
Activated Tower offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Odd22 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:04 pm

Lol, I noticed it also, an i noticed the fact that they wer about 15 feet below the water. Htere was a sliding door, they could have swam to the top.
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers moved on to rap, Put this in your profile if you're part of the 8% who stayed with rock
Odd22 offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Blue Armor Boy » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:17 pm

AngelBolt wrote:XANA could trap Aelita in a false activated tower.

Didint xana try that in plagued? 2 towers next to each other and Jeremy can't tell the difference on his screen. I think it was plagued...
Blue Armor Boy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:22 pm

Kind of, except the real tower's invisible and the fake one is a one way tower, so you can get in but you can't get out.

Postby YDV » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:24 pm

..Halo and me were talking about this on AIM while we were watching. I said he was tripped out on Lyokocaine lol

But seriously.. I thought Jeremie was a little creepy in this episode. Maybe he's just a really competitive student and wanted to know as much as possible.. but using RTTP's to increase your intelligence while endangering the lives of everyone by adding qubits to XANA's power is a little selfish, and unusual for him.
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext