Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:58 pm

Temptation

Talk about the episodes of the original series here! (Seasons 1-4)

Moderators: The Administrators, Moderators

Are you tempted?

If you mean tempted to shout OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED then yes! 10+
43%
Tempted to give two thumbs up - a great ep. 10 - 7
40%
The temptation to say 'yes' was there but my heart says 'no.' 7-5
10%
Tempted to go cry out my grief in my bedroom, alone with my shattered dreams
No votes
Tempted to load a shotgun and go 'Moonscoop Hunting!'
7%

Total votes : 42

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:08 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:Team Lyoko called them Roachsters in season 1. I prefer the name Roachsters over Kankrelats because it sounds like the kind of name that kids, specifically Odd, would come up with. :D

I think in Season 2 spanish version the name of that monster doesn't variate at all. But in the french version were they called always Kankrelats or not?

"Kankrelat" is the original French name, I'm pretty sure. They were called Roachsters in season 1, but they've been alternating the name "Roachsters" and "Kankrelats" in season 2.

*eyes the voice actors* Can I put a vote in for "Roachsters"? Please?
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:09 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:Team Lyoko called them Roachsters in season 1. I prefer the name Roachsters over Kankrelats because it sounds like the kind of name that kids, specifically Odd, would come up with. :D

I think in Season 2 spanish version the name of that monster doesn't variate at all. But in the french version were they called always Kankrelats or not?

"Kankrelat" is the original French name, I'm pretty sure. They were called Roachsters in season 1, but they've been alternating the name "Roachsters" and "Kankrelats" in season 2.

Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Reesane » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:37 pm

Is it just me, or was Odd using chopsticks? :umm:
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:43 pm

Jeremie wears kangaroo underwear? XDDDDD OMG! That cracked me up!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby YDV » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:45 pm

Cassius335 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:

Ehh.. I used to think the same way. Until I heard Yumi remark: "Miserable Kankrelats." Then I was hooked. :D (and it sounds prettier too!)
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Jimar » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:49 pm

When Jeremie started to get erratic, I told myself while I was watching it for the second time that I actually sounded a lot like him when he was losing mental and physical health.

Yeah, I can be a total jerk at times.
"That's weird. X.A.N.A can possess humans, but not you two."
"It may have something to do with sex appeal!"

-Jeremie and Odd; Code Lyoko, "Mister Pück"

---------------------

Despite my name, and my attitude, I'm a girl. A GIRL.

...GIRL.
Jimar offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Taelia » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:54 pm

Yumi: Ulrich, what did you find?

Ulrich: Nothing, except that Jeremie still wears underwear with kangaroos printed on them.

XDDDDD
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby bduddy » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:48 pm

Am I the only one that's seeing us being set up for a Hopper-isn't-what-we-think-he-is scenario? Or does anyone else see it? AM I ALONE IN THISSSSS?
I like short signatures. Do you?

bduddy offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Blue Armor Boy » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:51 pm

Ehh... Kinda.. not really

Not all inventions he makes can be good
Blue Armor Boy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby bduddy » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:53 pm

What has he made that's good, anyway? Lyoko hasn't exactly been the paradise it might have intended to be... Sure, he might have "made" Aelita, in part... (no more outside of BKO... lol) but what else?
I like short signatures. Do you?

bduddy offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby animenologist » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:17 am

Well, he made Lyoko and without it, they never would have met Aelita :D . Okay that's a bit of a stretch, but its true.
animenologist offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby X.A.N.A » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:14 am

Taelia wrote:Yumi: Ulrich, what did you find?

Ulrich: Nothing, except that Jeremie still wears underwear with kangaroos printed on them.

XDDDDD

You know I really didn't see any kangaroos on them, just oddly shapped shadows, which didn't really resemble kangaroos. :umm:

Nice episode though! :D
X.A.N.A offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Chad Rains » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:15 am

/me idly wonders if Jeremie is of aussie descent.

nah! :D
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby MY85 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:13 pm

Ransomed_Heart wrote:Did I detect some sarcasm with Yumi there? "Great, now we can drown in peace." Understandable under the circumstances though.

Nitpick: Why weren't the teachers and driver a bit more concerned when the ambulance drove off with Jeremie? They seemed rather calm, considering the circumstances.

I laughed at that. But if you guys would have seen the spanish version before they hit the river...

Yumi: Heck!! Heck!! NOOOO!! *insert alternative*, stop!!
a) B*tch.
b) F**ker.
(Spanish version: ¡¡Rayos!! ¡¡Rayos!! ¡¡NOOOO!! Maldita, ¡¡detente!!)

That's kind of why I love CL in spanish. :D Also to add that not only I've found the teachers not caring about Jeremie weird, but also how Yumi could reach the ambulance vehicle with a bike. Unless XANA slowed the speed to try killing two birds with one stone.

I've missed some minutes (the first of this episode), so what happened before the RTTP? And I've noticed the Kadic female cheff posessed by XANA, about to attack Odd and Ulrich.

But stepping aside, I think it made sense to air it after Common Interest because it seemed at the moment that Jeremie was starting his FH research, but in the USA it aired by the end in case he could die for someone to continue it. But I think France and LatinAmerica could appreciate Jeremie as a cautious person.

Good episode.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Taelia » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:15 pm

I hated the fact that he was abusing the RTTP feature of the supercomputer just for a selfish act.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Blue Armor Boy » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:21 pm

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:I've missed some minutes (the first of this episode), so what happened before the RTTP?

Eh nothing really.. They were fighting in lyoko, then Jeremy wanted to RTTP, even though there was no xana attack.
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:I laughed at that. But if you guys would have seen the spanish version before they hit the river...

Yumi: Heck!! Heck!! NOOOO!! *insert alternative*, stop!!
a) B*tch.
b) F**ker.
(Spanish version: ¡¡Rayos!! ¡¡Rayos!! ¡¡NOOOO!! Maldita, ¡¡detente!!)
Thats messed up!
Blue Armor Boy offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TaskForceLyoko » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:51 pm

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:That's kind of why I love CL in spanish. :D Also to add that not only I've found the teachers not caring about Jeremie weird...

The joke I've been using about the lack of care for the runaway ambulance was that Delmas had already signed the release forms, and thus the school was no longer liable for Jeremie's well-being. :D

Taelia wrote:I hated the fact that he was abusing the RTTP feature of the supercomputer just for a selfish act.

Jeremie does seem to have a habit of doing that.
"Trample the Weak - Hurdle the Dead"

TaskForceLyoko offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby TB3 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:54 pm

Hmm...at any point did Jeremie compare himself to Ulrich in 'The Chips arw Down' I wonder - boosting his IG as a side-effect of a necessary RTTP I can understand - but when he trigger them off when not needed it becomes a questionable act.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TaskForceLyoko » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:35 pm

TB3 wrote:Hmm...at any point did Jeremie compare himself to Ulrich in 'The Chips arw Down' I wonder - boosting his IG as a side-effect of a necessary RTTP I can understand - but when he trigger them off when not needed it becomes a questionable act.

No, he didn't. Ironic considering the grief he gave Ulrich for a single RTTP. Like I said, Jeremie seems to have a habit of putting his own desires ahead.
"Trample the Weak - Hurdle the Dead"

TaskForceLyoko offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:11 am

TaskForceLyoko wrote:
TB3 wrote:Hmm...at any point did Jeremie compare himself to Ulrich in 'The Chips arw Down' I wonder - boosting his IG as a side-effect of a necessary RTTP I can understand - but when he trigger them off when not needed it becomes a questionable act.

No, he didn't. Ironic considering the grief he gave Ulrich for a single RTTP. Like I said, Jeremie seems to have a habit of putting his own desires ahead.

It's quite possible that he first started using the device only with "needed" RTTPs...but then as it slowly addled his thoughts and judgement, he became more and more selfish about it. We never saw when he actually started using that invention and under what circumstances, so it's quite possible that all of his selfish actions weren't entirely his fault...that he only made them because the machine was hindering his ability to think clearly.
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:23 am

Mewberries151 wrote:It's quite possible that he first started using the device only with "needed" RTTPs...but then as it slowly addled his thoughts and judgement, he became more and more selfish about it. We never saw when he actually started using that invention and under what circumstances, so it's quite possible that all of his selfish actions weren't entirely his fault...that he only made them because the machine was hindering his ability to think clearly.

Good point. But that kind of thing he wouldn't reveal it to anyone easily. Now if he kept it to himself, maybe he would have tried to increase his thoughts to get a fast way to develop the antivirus for Aelita. But remember that he kept as a surprise to his friends the vehicles. Or maybe they already knew about it.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:05 am

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:It's quite possible that he first started using the device only with "needed" RTTPs...but then as it slowly addled his thoughts and judgement, he became more and more selfish about it. We never saw when he actually started using that invention and under what circumstances, so it's quite possible that all of his selfish actions weren't entirely his fault...that he only made them because the machine was hindering his ability to think clearly.

Good point. But that kind of thing he wouldn't reveal it to anyone easily. Now if he kept it to himself, maybe he would have tried to increase his thoughts to get a fast way to develop the antivirus for Aelita. But remember that he kept as a surprise to his friends the vehicles. Or maybe they already knew about it.

That's a good point. They really gloss over alot of the things Jeremie creates to combat XANA...I guess because they figure no one wants to hear a bunch of technical garble... XD How wrong they are! ^^;
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:26 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:

That's a good point. They really gloss over alot of the things Jeremie creates to combat XANA...I guess because they figure no one wants to hear a bunch of technical garble... XD How wrong they are! ^^;

Hence the <i>Marabounta</i> episode for proof. Plus, Jeremie did the materialization process to get Aelita out of Lyoko all by himself, or with a little help from Aelita. Did his Kadic pals helped him out on that specific process? Nope. But they did helped him to keep Aelita alive and save their lives as well.
MY85 offline

Postby Vora Lyoko » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:29 pm

:umm:

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

PreviousNext