Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 pm

Congratulations to the Voice Actors

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Taelia » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:00 am

Uh......
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Carth » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:11 am

As if it isn't already. People'll sign up to say hi to Jerome...and nothing else. Unlike me...I signed up to say hi to Sharon...who's not here...so I'll hang around...

Congratulations for all of you!! You are cool and doomy! (Compliment)
Carth offline

Postby Taelia » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:21 am

I so wish she'd come. Sharon, I mean. I wanna know how she switches characters that, surprisingly, are also lovers.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Re: Congratulations to the Voice Actors

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:11 pm

TB3 wrote:Well it's incredibly early in the morning here at university because we all got dragged out at 1.30 by the fire alarm - nothing serious though.

Right, today (Monday 7th November), marks the last day of recording for the English dub of Code: Lyoko, Season 2. I know for a fact that Matt, Jodi, Barbara and Mirabelle are all off to the studios today and I just though it would be nice for them to come back to a thread thanking them for all their work.

Hats off to you guys - you've done a great job through two seasons and I personally can't wait to see the rest of S2, and am looking forward so much to S3 - all because of you fantastic actors (and of course to absent friends Sharon, David and others) - kudos!

CONGRATULATIONS AND THANKYOU! :)

I'm with him (and presumeably everyone here. You guys are the greatest!
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby psyt » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:23 pm

hey... just stopped by to thank the VA's like everyone else, i only joined the site a few days ago, just looking for a code lyoko fan site. When i realized the site auctully had the VA's as members i was like : O .... for like an hour, it still has not really sunk in
psyt offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Chad Rains » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:28 pm

psyt wrote:hey... just stopped by to thank the VA's like everyone else, i only joined the site a few days ago, just looking for a code lyoko fan site. When i realized the site auctully had the VA's as members i was like : O .... for like an hour, it still has not really sunk in

hehe. I have to agree on this one. any other tv show you would rarely see the actor's/VA's as members on one of the fansites. how you guys managed to invite them here just baffles me.

as well, kudos to you all for the astounding work! :D
Chad Rains offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Saphire-089 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:35 pm

Congratulations! You guys do an awesome job! :)
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:39 pm

Bumping this and for totally good reasons. ^^

Give 'em a shout out guys! Regardless of whatever one's feelings are about the season as a whole (mine at the moment are currently past Jupiter ^^ ), you gotta admit...it wouldn't have been any fun at all without the wonderful voice talents of Mr. Geczy, Mrs. Weber-Scaff, Ms. Mann, Ms. Kirkland, Mr. Gasman, and Ms. Forrest.

Bravo!!! Thank you so much for another awesome season of CL! The next one is going to be some wild ride! :D

Congratulations!!! ^.^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Reesane » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:42 pm

All I have to offer is this: :notworthy:
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:47 pm

I agree totally. This seasons been great. March can't come soon enough.

Awesome work guys!

Why not move this thread to the VA forum?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:48 pm

Season 3 was just awezome! But Lyoko is gone! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! ;__; ;__; ;__; ;__; ;__; ;__; ;__; ;__;
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:51 pm

All the Code Lyoko staff deserve major kudos for still having a decent show worth the watch, but they had two notorious negatives:

1) Tidal Wave. It royally sucked.

2) Kingdom Hearts references on Final Round. What the hell were you people thinking of??
Last edited by MY85 on Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Darkborn » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:54 pm

Well, Congrats on the job well done!
Darkborn offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Writing_Addict » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:05 pm

MakeYourself wrote:All the Code Lyoko staff deserve major kudos for still having a decent show worth the watch, but they had two notorious negatives:

2) Kingdom Hearts references on Final Round. What the hell were you people thinking of??

Aren't being a wee bit HARSH? I really want to say something but in the event of saying I might get in DEEP trouble, but I'll say this, your a little bit taking it too deep into the trap my friend.

Oh yeah, this is for the Voice Actors NOT the studio.

Anyway, I give lots of kudos to all of your VA's. *claps casually*
Currently, you will not see me in Forums any longer. I will be on chat though. ^.~
Writing_Addict offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:06 pm

MakeYourself wrote:2) Kingdom Hearts references on Final Round. What the hell were you people thinking of??

Not really into Kingdom Hearts, but I thought William looked great.

[size=0]Me, I'm hoping for "Digimon: The Movie" references next year. If not Keramon (which would be awesome, but is rather unlikely), then at least the return of the FactoryMark store chain. [/size]
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:17 pm

MakeYourself wrote:All the Code Lyoko staff deserve major kudos for still having a decent show worth the watch, but they had two notorious negatives:

Aww, come now Rodri, that's not what this thread is for...and the VAs don't have any control over the plot, just the voices.

After all, I did say this was to commend them on their performance, regardless of the plot, and one's opinions. ^^

In any case though, I'd have to say one of my most favorite performances was by Ms Weber-Scaff in "Nobody In Particular". As well as by Mr. Geczy in "Triple Trouble". ^.^

A huge round of applause to Ms. Mann for a simply awesome performance of Aelita and Jeremie this season. ^.^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Reesane » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:20 pm

Once again: :notworthy:
Mood today: O_o

made by CBIzumi

made by Carth
Reesane offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby TB3 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:58 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:A huge round of applause to Ms. Mann for a simply awesome performance of Aelita and Jeremie this season. ^.^

Sharon signed my book like this:

"With smiles from the tougher Aelita and the gentle Jeremie."

That says it all for me - thankyou all, for an incredible season, and as ever the promise of more to come, and the knowledge of a further 30 episodes listening to your awesome talents :)

Major Hugs and Kisses in Life Guys :)

EDIT: Moved to the VA Boards so they themselves can see this :) - if this bothers anyone, please let me know!
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 2 the infirmary! » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:34 pm

VA's, you guys really are doing a phenomenal job. Thanks so much for keeping the show at the quality that it is.

Code: Lyoko wouldn't be much without you guys.

:) Can't wait for S4!
Formerly "To the infirmary!"

You are coming to a sad realization, cancel or allow?
2 the infirmary! offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby MY85 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:44 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:

Aww, come now Rodri, that's not what this thread is for...and the VAs don't have any control over the plot, just the voices.

After all, I did say this was to commend them on their performance, regardless of the plot, and one's opinions. ^^

That's fair. But I think they also have the rights to know what is not satisfying a Code Lyoko fan and that they should take some stuff in account to try and repeat less errors as possible.

As for voice acting, I have no problem with their performances. All of them are cool. Jodi rocked in the prequels, Barbara rocked in Nobody In Particular, Matt was good with Triple Trouble, Mirabelle did well during the episodes involving good grief and pain on Yumi (Sabotage, mostly), David rocked in portraying a quite good and dull characther like Jim and I can't say much about the guy who did Franz Hopper's voice, the guy who voices Mr. Delmas is okay. Yep, that's quite about it.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Rail Runner » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:55 am

Congrats to all of the VA's for an awesome Season...Season 3 is just amazing..I also cant wait to see what Season 4 holds for us. 8)
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TL. » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:28 am

MakeYourself wrote:I can't say much about the guy who did Franz Hopper's voice.

That will be Paul Bandey (Also The Oracle from 'Fahrenheit')

MakeYourself wrote:The guy who voices Mr. Delmas is okay.

The Voice Director, Allan Wenger.

I have to say you guys (the VAs) that I have to come back to thank you in Person. You’re all wonderful, hard working people. I salute you. :salute:

I now look forward to seeing season 4 and I hope you get you're voices in the videogame.
THIS IS MY FORUM NOW!

ALL WHO DEFY ME, SHALL BE DESTROYED!
TL. offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

More congrats (and some flattery on the side)

Postby Taelia » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:03 pm

Wow, Season 3 was just truly kickbutt awesome! You guys are doing a great job! I hope CL gets a few more seasons, 'cause you guys ARE THE BEST! :D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Ulrich's lil bro » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:52 pm

Wow... yes, very congrats to you all! For bringing us yet another great lyoko filled season. Unfortunately, you're under contract not to reveal any info on S4. :) Anyways, can't wait to see what your great voices will bring us in S4. And in march, Dam it! Well, let me stop blabbing. Thanks you again!

I still wonder how the heck LF got the VA's here. It's amazing...
My Myspace

COMING SOON TO LFF AND FF.NET! A series of stories starting with "The Beginning" It all started simple but evolved into a situation the likes of which they never seen. More info later on..

W00T! TWILIGHT PRINCESS!!
Ulrich's lil bro offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Taelia » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:39 am

I also wanna give congrats to Barbara, especially during Ulrich's argument with his father in Final Round. Over a year? Gol-ly! And Ulrich would never go to a school away from his lovely Yumi-chan. ;)

Though, in my opinion, the skateboarding competition--especially with Jim as the host--was a bit cliched. But William's conversion to the dark side ROCKED OUT, MAN!!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext