Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 am

Mirabelle Kirkland, AKA Yumi

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby *Star* Gazer » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:32 pm

Hey Mirabelle if you met one of us in real life what would you do? (And if I met one of you guys I'd faint)
*Star* Gazer offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: The classic "RIGHT BEHIND YOU". In my case, "INSIDE YOU."

Postby Jinnai » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:55 pm

Miss Kirkland, a pleasure to post on this thread. You're great as Yumi, keep up the good work! :) Now, as with your two colleagues, I humbly ask three questions:

1) Which of the episodes you've recorded so far is your favorite?
2) Yumi's brother Hiroki...what is he here for? I only ask because he was never in Season One, and I'm wondering why he'd turn up now.
3) In your opinion, why do Ulrich and Yumi refrain from forming a relationship when the two of them obviously like each other and know it?

Farewell, I must be off! :evillaugh:
Last edited by Jinnai on Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Jinnai offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby SamBlob » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:04 pm

mirabelle wrote: Thank you, SamBlob, for the list. It is great to have such specific feedback... especially when it is positive!

You're welcome, although most of the memories I have of Yumi are visual... then again, one of my strongest memories is both vocal and visual: from "The Trap" where Yumi is frantically looking for Odd and Jeremy in the smoke-filled control room and shouting "Odd! Jeremy! Where ARE you?"

That, along with the hug between Jeremy and Yumi when they found each other shortly afterward, is my second-greatest memory of Yumi. My greatest memory of her, however, is purely visual: in "Killer Music" when the ambulance has left with the comatose Odd accompanied by Ulrich and Jeremy, and the Principal has walked away, Yumi stands alone and looks on as the wind blows her hair, and is then seen from an overhead "shot" (it would have been a shot if it was a photo and not a drawing...) as a moving cloud casts a shadow over her...

Everyone talks about how much better the new artwork is than Season One's, but I have yet to see artwork anywhere near as moving as that scene, or the scene where Ulrich walked in the corridor looking for his room in "Amnesia".
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby kiwi » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:19 pm

As for the new season and stuff, all I can say is I've got my fingers crossed and I've got Yumi's fingers crossed, because we only got to kiss Ulrich ONCE and that was definitely not enough. What do you think?
Personally, I want there to be enough seasons for our kids (Yumi and Ulrich's) to come to Lyoko with us... And specials and prequels and video games and talking action figures... and... and... a Code Lyoko Revolution of Friendship and Bravery throughout the world!!!!!

hey there, mirabelle, barbara here. I must say I never knew you were as frustated as I was that Ulrich and Yumi don't kiss more often! Let's talk to the writers! this is of course all in jeest just to welcomje you finally to the site!
see ya monday, barb
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby mirabelle » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:08 am

Star warrior wrote:Hey Mirabelle if you met one of us in real life what would you do? (And if I met one of you guys I'd faint)

Well, then I guess I would start by picking you up off the ground... then I would harass you with questions about your favorite moments and personal insights into the show!

mirabelle offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Star Way » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:14 am

Oooh! Oooh! Harass meeee! >)

*cough* Erynn has the crazies tonight. >_O ...Should probably stop watching X-Files while chatting with you guys.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby mirabelle » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:18 am

Jinnai wrote:
1) Which of the episodes you've recorded so far is your favorite?
2) Yumi's brother Hiroki...what is he here for? I only ask because he was never in Season One, and I'm wondering why he'd turn up now.
3) In your opinion, why do Ulrich and Yumi refrain from forming a relationship when the two of them obviously like each other and know it?

So... in order:

1) I have to admit I loved being in Odd's body... bt it was also fun in season 1 having an evil twin.
2) I have no idea what Hiroki is there for, except that he is very cute and puts some nice detail into Yumi's family.
3) I'm afraid I could be cynical and say that the reason for Yumi and Ulrich's hesitation is just plain suspense building on the part of the writers... but more romatically... I supppose it is realistic for these two somewhat deep teenagers to have a little trouble admitting to their feelings. Yumi is also probably used to hiding her more feminine emotional side in order to fit in with her gang... and maybe her strength and independance are a little bit intimidating for Ulrich. Loads of reasons that we can all relate to, huh?

mirabelle offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby mirabelle » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:20 am

kiwi wrote:
hey there, mirabelle, barbara here. I must say I never knew you were as frustated as I was that Ulrich and Yumi don't kiss more often! Let's talk to the writers! this is of course all in jeest just to welcomje you finally to the site!
see ya monday, barb

Barbara... it took this forum to get us to finally admit... Looking forward to seeing you and the princess on Monday!

mirabelle offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby bambi » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:47 pm

TB3 wrote:Hi mirabelle - how did the last recording session go and how's the baby doing? :)

Sorry to butt in here, but it's Barbara with the baby! And last I saw her (the baby) she was doing great.
But passion lends them power, time means, to meet,
Temp'ring extremities with extreme sweet.
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Odd22 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:05 pm

mirabelle wrote:
Jinnai wrote:
3) I'm afraid I could be cynical and say that the reason for Yumi and Ulrich's hesitation is just plain suspense building on the part of the writers... but more romatically... I supppose it is realistic for these two somewhat deep teenagers to have a little trouble admitting to their feelings. Yumi is also probably used to hiding her more feminine emotional side in order to fit in with her gang... and maybe her strength and independance are a little bit intimidating for Ulrich. Loads of reasons that we can all relate to, huh?

the writer must be talanted it is hard to write a suspence story with Y/U and never give in.
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers moved on to rap, Put this in your profile if you're part of the 8% who stayed with rock
Odd22 offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Yumi52Ishiyama » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:22 pm

hello! I'm new on this site so no one knows me, but.....
Yumi is my favorite character... I'm even forcing everyone to call me Yumi... But I think that you (mirabelle) do a great job playing her!
Image Click the puppy to go to my CL forum!
Yumi52Ishiyama offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby mirabelle » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:46 pm

Yumi52Ishiyama wrote:hello! I'm new on this site so no one knows me, but.....
Yumi is my favorite character... I'm even forcing everyone to call me Yumi... But I think that you (mirabelle) do a great job playing her!

Thanks for the compliment... I agree with you that Yumi is really cool. What is it about her that you identify with the most?

mirabelle offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Yumi52Ishiyama » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:57 pm

Thanks for the compliment... I agree with you that Yumi is really cool. What is it about her that you identify with the most?

I'm not exactly sure, but sometimes I find myself thinking, 'What would Yumi do in my shoes?' Of course, half the time I don't do what she would do because I'm a naturally shy person, but it's still fun to wonder. Also, I'm a bit of a tomboy :) .
Yumi52Ishiyama offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby mirabelle » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:51 am

Yumi52Ishiyama wrote:

I'm not exactly sure, but sometimes I find myself thinking, 'What would Yumi do in my shoes?' Of course, half the time I don't do what she would do because I'm a naturally shy person, but it's still fun to wonder. Also, I'm a bit of a tomboy :) .

Well, I guess you have that in common with Yumi... If not shy, she's definitely reserved... and definitely wants to be "one of the guys". But I think she is also very womanly in the way she observes and takes care of the others. She has a way of hiding her emotions so they dont get in the way of what's going on, which is pretty cool, but the problem is, since she hides what she's feeling, things don't necessarily go her way (I mean like as in ULRICH!)

mirabelle offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Yumi52Ishiyama » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:58 pm

Yeah...ever since the very first time I watched the show, I've been absolutely DYING for them to get together.
Yumi52Ishiyama offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby MY85 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:14 am

Star Way wrote:*cough* Erynn has the crazies tonight. >_O ...Should probably stop watching X-Files while chatting with you guys.

Should had read this the day it was posted, lol.

Btw, just to let Mirabelle know, the first CL characther I've seen was Yumi at Routine... then, afte the episode ended, for some weird reason I ended up at TvTome, and there comes another story which I wouldn't trade for nothing in the world.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby McTrooper » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:33 pm

SamBlob wrote:. .

and, of course, the infamous "Just In Time" gaffe, when Yumi spoke with Ulrich's voice (I guess you and Mrs. Weber-Scaff got the lines mixed up...)

Uhm . . my theory on that is that it's an animation mistake that they couldn't fix. Just listen to what's said. The line is clearly meant for Ulrich, not Yumi.

Unless the voice actors tell us something different that's probably what happened.

===
Welcome to the board mirabelle. It's very interesting to get this behind the seen look at . . er . . read of things. Especially the multiple voices comments.
McTrooper offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby kiwi » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:21 pm

McTrooper wrote:
SamBlob wrote:. .

and, of course, the infamous "Just In Time" gaffe, when Yumi spoke with Ulrich's voice (I guess you and Mrs. Weber-Scaff got the lines mixed up...)

Uhm . . my theory on that is that it's an animation mistake that they couldn't fix. Just listen to what's said. The line is clearly meant for Ulrich, not Yumi.

Unless the voice actors tell us something different that's probably what happened.

===
Welcome to the board mirabelle. It's very interesting to get this behind the seen look at . . er . . read of things. Especially the multiple voices comments.

We've figured it out since then. The error was one of "detection" the person writing the lines on the band that we follow to get the lines synch with the image. Because the bottom part of the face was hidden by the band, the director (not to mention US) didn't notice that the line that was written "Ulrich" was actually Yumi onscreen. It was just one of those things that slipped through the gap...
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:01 pm

Hello Ms. Kirkland! ^_^

I have a question about "Cold War"...who did the voice of TV's camerawoman? It sounds like it might have been you or Sharon Mann, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm just curious because I really liked the giggle she made at TV's silly snow hat. :)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Max Gene » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:59 am

If Yumi and Ulrich got together, they'd be the most nervous happy people ever, neh? :D
Max Gene offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby kiwi » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:34 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:Hello Ms. Kirkland! ^_^

I have a question about "Cold War"...who did the voice of TV's camerawoman? It sounds like it might have been you or Sharon Mann, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm just curious because I really liked the giggle she made at TV's silly snow hat. :)

Ah hah! caught you! it was I, kiwi! I hardly ever do basic women's voices so I got put on that. I enjoyed the character, even tho' she barely said a thing.
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby SamBlob » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:57 pm

kiwi wrote:

Ah hah! caught you! it was I, kiwi! I hardly ever do basic women's voices so I got put on that. I enjoyed the character, even tho' she barely said a thing.

And, let me guess... David Gasman as T.V. (although I'm probably wrong...)
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby kiwi » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:32 pm

SamBlob wrote:
kiwi wrote:

And, let me guess... David Gasman as T.V. (although I'm probably wrong...)

right on the money!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

PreviousNext