Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 pm

Mirabelle Kirkland, AKA Yumi

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Mirabelle Kirkland, AKA Yumi

Postby Star Way » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:35 pm

I'm very surprised none of you made a thread for her yet, since she seems to have just joined...

Anyway, here's where you can ask Ms. Kirkland questions about her roles on Code Lyoko, as Yumi, Milly, and all of the other characters she does the voices for.

Take it away!
Last edited by Star Way on Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:41 pm

TB3 wrote:I think many of us wanted the honour of making a thread for Mirabelle, but we decided that honour should go to Vili for being the first to welcome her here. Unfortunatly he has not apparantly checked back since making that post and we've been kept waiting.

That's correct to reply towards Star Way's post. If we had Enki, it would had been granted that he would had started it.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Star Way » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:46 pm

Oops, sorry guys... You should have told me.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:48 pm

Hmm... since Vili doesn't hang much around VA threads, he assumed there was already a VA thread for Mirabelle, just like we had done for Sharon and David.

What's done is done, Erynn. Feel proud of making Mirabelle's thread.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

multiple voices

Postby mirabelle » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:06 pm

I think I will ask a question - how do you do scenes where you have to play Yumi and Milly (or any of your characters) simultaeneously, do you do it in two passes, or are you just really versatile as a VA and do it in one go?[/quote]

Actually, it depends. Of course, if the characters interrupt each other, or if one of them has an effect (like being Xanafied or on the phone, or even shouting) we have to go over it twice. But when we can, we try to do both characters at once. A challenge! Our number one champion at this is of course Sharon, who goes back and forth from Jeremy to Aelita like nobody's business. There is one scene in the episode called Franz Hopper that was just hillarious in the recording studio: Aelita and Jeremy are saying goodnight to each other, sweetly, tenderly. And there was Sharon, having a conversation with herself... we had to wonder: does she sometimes do this at home?

It's easy for me, as Yumi and Milly don't talk to each other too much.

Oh, and thanks for activating my tower here on Lyoko Freak, so to speak!

mirabelle offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby YDV » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:12 pm

Haha.. now now, don't make fun of people's self-conversational skills. They might do it to you one day. :P

Anyway.. I have to say, Yumi's my favorite character out of the gang (even though I CLAIM to like them all equally.. and then of coure, there's Sissi *_* )

I don't want to seem like I'm gushing or anything, but you really do a good job with Yumi. I'd be really disappointed if they got someone else to do it. :)
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Dylan0513 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:15 pm

Your De-Virtualization wrote:Haha.. now now, don't make fun of people's self-conversational skills. They might do it to you one day. :P

Anyway.. I have to say, Yumi's my favorite character out of the gang (even though I CLAIM to like them all equally.. and then of coure, there's Sissi *_* )

I don't want to seem like I'm gushing or anything, but you really do a good job with Yumi. I'd be really disappointed if they got someone else to do it. :)

Don't be scaed off by the Sissy fanboy j/k

Do you know if/how season 2 will be carried into season 3? Because there are only 4 episodes left to air and they have barekly touched on some of the plot.
This use has been banned.

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby SamBlob » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:16 pm

Dylan0513 wrote: Do you know if/how season 2 will be carried into season 3? Because there are only 4 episodes left to air and they have barekly touched on some of the plot.

Just to let you know that most of us have already been told by Ms. Forrest and Mr. Geczy (a.k.a. bambi and TheVoiceOfOdd) about the non-disclosure policy (which I have equated, in jest, with Omerta) so you shouldn't get too many unanswerable qusetions like this.
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby mirabelle » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:13 pm

TB3 wrote:Matt up on a chair dancing and belting out the Theme Tune - 'Code: Lyoko, we will stand alone, Code: Lyoko, be there when you call!'
Mirabelle, Jodi, Barbara and David cheering him on and demanding a performance of Breakbreakbreakdance.
Sharon sitting a small distance apart talking to herself - 'Jeremie, I think I love you' - 'I love you too Aelita.'
TB3

You'd be surprised to see how close to the truth it is! Except for Sharon, who saves her great talent for the microphone...

(I'm trying to figure out how to quote... bear with me, friends, and one day I might learn how to put on cool signatures, just like all of you!)

mirabelle offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Stephen (x1) » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:19 pm

Welcome Ms. Kirkland!! I must say you do a rocking voice for Yumi...Keep up the good work!

mirabelle wrote:(I'm trying to figure out how to quote... bear with me, friends, and one day I might learn how to put on cool signatures, just like all of you!)

You're not so bad, you just made a quote!
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Star Way » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:36 pm

mirabelle wrote:(I'm trying to figure out how to quote... bear with me, friends, and one day I might learn how to put on cool signatures, just like all of you!)

At the top of the page, there are several links that look like tabs. Just click on the 'profile' one and you can edit all sorts of things, including signatures and avatars. :)[/quote]

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:56 am

TB3 wrote:Sharon sitting a small distance apart talking to herself - 'Jeremie, I think I love you' - 'I love you too Aelita.'

:pbthbb: Like THAT'S news. If Odd ever manages (even accidentially) to become a serious threat to them, then we might get something interesting.
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Little Vili » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:49 am

TB3 wrote:I think many of us wanted the honour of making a thread for Mirabelle, but we decided that honour should go to Vili for being the first to welcome her here. Unfortunatly he has not apparantly checked back since making that post and we've been kept waiting.

Yeah...I just wasnt on...I would have dont it though.

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:Hmm... since Vili doesn't hang much around VA threads, he assumed there was already a VA thread for Mirabelle, just like we had done for Sharon and David.

What's done is done, Erynn. Feel proud of making Mirabelle's thread.

Its all good. And yes, I dont really hang around the VA threads a whole lot, and I did assume one was made (you could tell from my welcome post).
See all the action at Penny Arcade and MegaTokyo
< Avatar compliments of Linii-chan
Why you dont deserve Aelita.
Vili+Aelita= <3
Little Vili offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby mirabelle » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:21 am

Thanks for the help and encouragement on quoting!

As for the new season and stuff, all I can say is I've got my fingers crossed and I've got Yumi's fingers crossed, because we only got to kiss Ulrich ONCE and that was definitely not enough. What do you think?
Personally, I want there to be enough seasons for our kids (Yumi and Ulrich's) to come to Lyoko with us... And specials and prequels and video games and talking action figures... and... and... a Code Lyoko Revolution of Friendship and Bravery throughout the world!!!!!

no?

mirabelle offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby bambi » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:16 pm

mirabelle wrote:Thanks for the help and encouragement on quoting!

As for the new season and stuff, all I can say is I've got my fingers crossed and I've got Yumi's fingers crossed, because we only got to kiss Ulrich ONCE and that was definitely not enough. What do you think?
Personally, I want there to be enough seasons for our kids (Yumi and Ulrich's) to come to Lyoko with us... And specials and prequels and video games and talking action figures... and... and... a Code Lyoko Revolution of Friendship and Bravery throughout the world!!!!!

no?

Right on, sister!
But passion lends them power, time means, to meet,
Temp'ring extremities with extreme sweet.
bambi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Mandaz » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:01 pm

Hiya Ms. Kirkland, how are you? I love your acting for Yumi, Milly etc..it is really cool and excellent work. Yumi makes me laugh in one ep when she and odd swap bodies lol...i felt sorry when she got slapped though.
(ps if i showed a pic of me you don't suppose i look like yumi or ulrich abit)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/ ... AG0040.jpg
Welcome to Room No#48
My Livejournal Visit my DA art
Mandaz offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby *Star* Gazer » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:03 pm

XD
*Star* Gazer offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: The classic "RIGHT BEHIND YOU". In my case, "INSIDE YOU."

Postby Jazzy Josh » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:36 pm

mirabelle wrote:Thanks for the help and encouragement on quoting!

no?

Have you not heard?

1. Season 3 has been announced

2. Video Game of the Nintendo DS has been announced

3. Prequal will be out before season 3

4. Talking, I don't know about, but there will be action figures

5. and

6. and

ect...

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby bduddy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:12 pm

I think we're going to have to get those ratings up just a little bit before that whole world revolution thing, but 4 out of 6 is pretty good! :D
I like short signatures. Do you?

bduddy offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby HvonM » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:08 pm

mirabelle wrote:As for the new season and stuff, all I can say is I've got my fingers crossed and I've got Yumi's fingers crossed, because we only got to kiss Ulrich ONCE and that was definitely not enough.

Ms. Kirkland, if you don't mind my asking, which episode did that happen in? Or does it happen in an episode that we haven't seen yet? In that case, I'm probably not entitled to knowing the specifics...
HvonM offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby MY85 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:02 am

HvonM wrote:
mirabelle wrote:As for the new season and stuff, all I can say is I've got my fingers crossed and I've got Yumi's fingers crossed, because we only got to kiss Ulrich ONCE and that was definitely not enough.

Ms. Kirkland, if you don't mind my asking, which episode did that happen in? Or does it happen in an episode that we haven't seen yet? In that case, I'm probably not entitled to knowing the specifics...

Believe me, events like that could be a reason to create a thread. And to answer you, it didn't happen yet. But as Mirabelle said, now I have no doubt that Yumi and Ulrich will kiss as I have read before from IMDB.com.
MY85 offline

Postby MG » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:44 am

Mirabelle :hello: I can't believe you've actually showed up!!! I hope you are having a great vacation in The States! I miss you. You all should know that Mirabelle is not only a talented actress but also on her way to become a majorly successful film director. (She has promised me a starring role in her first feature length!) She is incredibly busy screenwriting and directing short films. Her first big screen short film was wildly successful and I must say it really IS fantastic! Also, you all should know that Mirabelle in real life is earthshakenly beautiful and sexy and any photos of her you might find floating around on the internet do NOT do her enough justice. I have to say also she is incredibly smart (way smarter than me ;) ) and very sweet, kind, and gentle and an immense joy to be around. :D

MG offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Next