Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:07 am

Mirabelle Kirkland, AKA Yumi

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:31 am

Mandaz wrote:Hiya Ms. Kirkland, how are you? I love your acting for Yumi, Milly etc..it is really cool and excellent work. Yumi makes me laugh in one ep when she and odd swap bodies lol...i felt sorry when she got slapped though.
(ps if i showed a pic of me you don't suppose i look like yumi or ulrich abit)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/ ... AG0040.jpg

Yikes! demons!

BTW, does anyone else look at this emote:

:trans:

...and think of the Megatanks?
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:32 am

The Voice of Odd wrote:Mirabelle :hello: I can't believe you've actually showed up!!! I hope you are having a great vacation in The States! I miss you. You all should know that Mirabelle is not only a talented actress but also on her way to become a majorly successful film director. (She has promised me a starring role in her first feature length!) She is incredibly busy screenwriting and directing short films. Her first big screen short film was wildly successful and I must say it really IS fantastic! Also, you all should know that Mirabelle in real life is earthshakenly beautiful and sexy and any photos of her you might find floating around on the internet do NOT do her enough justice. I have to say also she is incredibly smart (way smarter than me ;) ) and very sweet, kind, and gentle and an immense joy to be around. :D

Great, Odd's hitting on Yumi... :nyeh!:
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby SamBlob » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:08 am

The Voice of Odd wrote: Mirabelle :hello: I can't believe you've actually showed up!!! I hope you are having a great vacation in The States! I miss you. You all should know that Mirabelle is not only a talented actress but also on her way to become a majorly successful film director. (She has promised me a starring role in her first feature length!)

Laurence Fishburne's assistant in King Of New York promised him the same thing. Fishburne didn't think anything would come of it. The assistant's name was John Singleton, whose first feature-length film was Boyz 'N The Hood...

The Voice of Odd wrote: She is incredibly busy screenwriting and directing short films. Her first big screen short film was wildly successful and I must say it really IS fantastic! Also, you all should know that Mirabelle in real life is earthshakenly beautiful and sexy and any photos of her you might find floating around on the internet do NOT do her enough justice.

Interesting, considering that the pictures that someone gave links to in the last days of TVTome (or was it at Distance?) caused me to quote Hendrix: "OOh, foxey lady!"

The Voice of Odd wrote: I have to say also she is incredibly smart (way smarter than me ;) ) and very sweet, kind, and gentle and an immense joy to be around. :D
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:34 am

The Voice of Odd wrote:She is incredibly busy screenwriting and directing short films. Her first big screen short film was wildly successful and I must say it really IS fantastic!

What's the name of the movie?

Matt also wrote:Also, you all should know that Mirabelle in real life is earthshakenly beautiful and sexy and any photos of her you might find floating around on the internet do NOT do her enough justice. I have to say also she is incredibly smart (way smarter than me ;) ) and very sweet, kind, and gentle and an immense joy to be around. :D

You two are single, right? At least, I know Matt still is single (Erynn's interview).
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Blueyedblonde » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:36 pm

The Voice of Odd wrote:Mirabelle :hello: I can't believe you've actually showed up!!! I hope you are having a great vacation in The States! I miss you. You all should know that Mirabelle is not only a talented actress but also on her way to become a majorly successful film director. (She has promised me a starring role in her first feature length!) She is incredibly busy screenwriting and directing short films. Her first big screen short film was wildly successful and I must say it really IS fantastic! Also, you all should know that Mirabelle in real life is earthshakenly beautiful and sexy and any photos of her you might find floating around on the internet do NOT do her enough justice. I have to say also she is incredibly smart (way smarter than me ;) ) and very sweet, kind, and gentle and an immense joy to be around. :D

Aww, I think it's so cute how you guys are such good friends. :)
I've actually never seen a picture of any of the VA's from Code: Lyoko... I'll have to surf the enternet to find some. *Goes off to do so*
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Jazzy Josh » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:50 pm

here we go:

What was it like knowing that you were voicing Yumi in Odd's body in "A Fine Mess"

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby *Star* Gazer » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:11 pm

Hey if Ulrich and Yumi don't get together I will shoot the TV and if they don't in season 3 or 2 I am running down to that studio doing what who knows. By the way Mirabelle, when you speak wrong on a episode are you embarresed
? (Even if they ask you to do it again)
*Star* Gazer offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: The classic "RIGHT BEHIND YOU". In my case, "INSIDE YOU."

Postby bduddy » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:22 pm

Oh, yes... I want to hear some bloopers! Because bloopers are funny! :*D
I like short signatures. Do you?

bduddy offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:59 am

Star warrior wrote:Hey if Ulrich and Yumi don't get together I will shoot the TV and if they don't in season 3 or 2 I am running down to that studio doing what who knows. By the way Mirabelle, when you speak wrong on a episode are you embarresed

Make sure you go after the right studio... :kya:

:smg: :shoot:
:shg: :laser:

... sorry.
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby mirabelle » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:51 am

Aw, gee... thanks for the embellished resume, Matt.

Right now, I'm on vacation in the US and doing nothing but eating Halloween candy and watching Code Lyoko on Cartoon Network (and of course, hanging out in this forum).

I want to know, Lyoko fans: did you or your kids or anybody you know dress up as Lyoko characters for Halloween?

I do remember (Yumi) kissing Ulrich... or was it a dream?

mirabelle offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby *Star* Gazer » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:34 am

mirabelle wrote:Aw, gee... thanks for the embellished resume, Matt.

Right now, I'm on vacation in the US and doing nothing but eating Halloween candy and watching Code Lyoko on Cartoon Network (and of course, hanging out in this forum).

I want to know, Lyoko fans: did you or your kids or anybody you know dress up as Lyoko characters for Halloween?

It must of been a dream because I don't remember anything about that happening. (And I hate when I miss episodes I missed two and I am not happy. ;__; )
*Star* Gazer offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby mirabelle » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:21 am

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
The Voice of Odd wrote:She is incredibly busy screenwriting and directing short films. Her first big screen short film was wildly successful and I must say it really IS fantastic!

What's the name of the movie?

Matt also wrote:Also, you all should know that Mirabelle in real life is earthshakenly beautiful and sexy and any photos of her you might find floating around on the internet do NOT do her enough justice. I have to say also she is incredibly smart (way smarter than me ;) ) and very sweet, kind, and gentle and an immense joy to be around. :D

You two are single, right? At least, I know Matt still is single (Erynn's interview).

The name of the movie is: "Des nouvelles d'Angelique", and there is not a single virtualization in it!

I'm not single. Matt and I just have a very passionate friendship. Thanks for the hint, though, Matt would be quite a catch!

mirabelle offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby mirabelle » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:23 am

Blueyedblonde wrote:
Aww, I think it's so cute how you guys are such good friends. :)
I've actually never seen a picture of any of the VA's from Code: Lyoko... I'll have to surf the enternet to find some. *Goes off to do so*

We should have a team picture taken!

(sorry, I don't know how to quote more than one person at a time! Do I have to go back to the discussion group and copy and paste and stuff?)

mirabelle offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby mirabelle » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:25 am

Lyoko is Cool wrote:here we go:

What was it like knowing that you were voicing Yumi in Odd's body in "A Fine Mess"

It was really funny. But confusing: like trying to rub yout belly and pat your head at the same time! We laughed our heads off watching the scenes though. It was one of my favorite episodes. We get so excited when fun, unexpected things happen in our Lyoko lives!

mirabelle offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby mirabelle » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:29 am

Star warrior wrote:Hey if Ulrich and Yumi don't get together I will shoot the TV and if they don't in season 3 or 2 I am running down to that studio doing what who knows. By the way Mirabelle, when you speak wrong on a episode are you embarresed

I hate it when I mess up... especially since I'm kind of the new kid, and all the others are so darn good! But sometimes making mistakes is an important part of the creative process. If you're afraid of making a mistake, you're not free to have a stroke of genius in case one should come around! And I must say our director is very nice about it when I do mess up...

mirabelle offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby mirabelle » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:30 am

TB3 wrote:A few of us have dressed up as CL characters for Halloween - it's over in General Discussion - none of us have uploaded photos yet.

Me - I'm Six foot tall, have brown hair and a beer-belly - so I went as Jim! :D

Band aid and all?

mirabelle offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby mirabelle » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:31 am

bduddy wrote:Oh, yes... I want to hear some bloopers! Because bloopers are funny! :*D

We can ask the director about making a "blooper special"

mirabelle offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby DL » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:13 pm

mirabelle wrote:
bduddy wrote:Oh, yes... I want to hear some bloopers! Because bloopers are funny! :*D

We can ask the director about making a "blooper special"

blooper special...oooh...oh and sorry for not saying anything at your newbie thread I have kind of been away :arg: it is sweet that you finally came

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Mewberries151 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:47 pm

mirabelle wrote:Aw, gee... thanks for the embellished resume, Matt.

Welcome to LF, Ms. Kirkland! Yumi is one of my most favorite characters and I love that you give her such a spunky edge when she's speaking. It's really great! :)

As for some of us here going as CL characters for Halloween, I almost went as "real world" Yumi (one is never too old for Halloween ^.^ )...because her costume would have been pretty easy. *winks* XD But I went as Lyoko Aelita instead. :D I think someone here went as Lyoko Yumi though...or was planning too. ^^;

As for a Y/U kiss...there was definitely an "almost kiss" in "Routine". *giggles* Yumi dreaming about kissing Ulrich... ^_^ I'm a huge fan of the Y/U pairing!
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SamBlob » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:51 pm

Vocal moments to remember - Yumi:

"Oh, I just wanted to tell you how much I like your style...(imitates Sissi's voice while reading her diary) I ran into that dipstick Jim today! What an idiot he looks like in that sweaty gym suit..." - "Log Book"

Jeremy, Yumi and Odd: "YAAY" (all cover their mouths, then turn to each other and go: ) "SHHH!!!" - "End of Take"

(after seeing the school paper centre spread, with increasing fury each time): "Odd? Odd! ODD!!!!!" - "A Fine Mess"

and, of course, the infamous "Just In Time" gaffe, when Yumi spoke with Ulrich's voice (I guess you and Mrs. Weber-Scaff got the lines mixed up...)
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby *Star* Gazer » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:04 am

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: XD XD XD XD XD XD Hey a fine mess was funny (I think I never really saw all of the episode and I saw like the half endt.
*Star* Gazer offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Jazzy Josh » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:25 am

mirabelle wrote:
Lyoko is Cool wrote:here we go:

It was really funny. But confusing: like trying to rub yout belly and pat your head at the same time! We laughed our heads off watching the scenes though. It was one of my favorite episodes. We get so excited when fun, unexpected things happen in our Lyoko lives!

Is currently rubbing belly and patting head at the same time, very easily.

It must be a marching band thing, multi-tasking:
1. Learn basic marching skills
2. Memorize Music
3. Play Music from memory
4. Learn Drill (drill=movements)
5. Remember to keep toes up
6. Do Drill
7. (This gets annoying) CLEAN DRILL
7. Practice Doing Drill and playing music at the same time
8. preform
9. ect. ect. ect. ect.

Anyways, how long do you usually work each day (Can't help myself) How much vacation time do you get per year, you don't have to answer

@Jazzy Josh on Twitter.
Jazzy Josh offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby mirabelle » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:01 am

Lyoko is Cool wrote:Anyways, how long do you usually work each day (Can't help myself) How much vacation time do you get per year, you don't have to answer

It takes us half a day to do and episode, so you can see, if each of us only had CL to do... well... we'd have a lot of vacation time... much too much! So actually our vacation time depends on how many different projects we have. Generally, an actor worries more about how much work he can get than how much vacation he has!

Thank you, SamBlob, for the list. It is great to have such specific feedback... especially when it is positive!

mirabelle offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

PreviousNext