Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:10 pm

David Gasman a.k.a Jim, Herb, And William

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Ulrich Stern. » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:37 pm

RoDrInCuBuS wrote:
OddxSissy Fan wrote:Something tells me he got the part of William in 2005.

He slipped that to us during the TvTome times. I can perfectly see it....

David Gasman: I get to voice William on Season 2.
Fans: Who's William?
David Gasman: I'd rather not talk about it.

Sorry for the stupid humour, David. And btw: if you get the chance of seeing some CL episodes in spanish, would you voice them from a translation spanish to english? That includes cussing words that CN would never tolerate.

The characters cuss in the Spanish dub? That's weird. It's a kid show.

Ulrich Stern. offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Skorpigeist » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:42 am

Hello Mr. Gasman, thanks a lot for taking the time to hang out with us, and answer questions. The fact that you really like video games makes you a very cool guy in my book and I will have to pickup a copy of Indigo Prophecy. One question. How do you go about devloping the "voice" of a character you play?
Skorpigeist offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Cher's Spare Parts » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:12 pm

I like the same ships as TB3, basically: Voyager, Defiant and Archer's Enterprise.

I am indeed a fairly big horror movie freak. Love the sci-fi too, obviously!

When I am asked to voice a new role, I'll read the background info from the show bible if I can, but most of the time I just stare at the image and let a voice come out. If it seems to fit the character, we run with it. If we are all together, I'll get feedback from my buds. If we're alone, it'll be the Voice Director. It's important also to not do a voice that's difficult to maintain, because it limits the range of play, and can be painfull! Also, if I'm going to be doing more than one voice on the same series or game, I'll try and make sure that they sound fairly different, so that (hopefully) people won't immediately realize that it's the same guy doing them...

Oh, and I know it's off topic, and no insult is intended to all my friends in PA, but:

GO SEAHAWKS!
Cher's Spare Parts offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Star Way » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:39 pm

Cher's Spare Parts wrote:GO SEAHAWKS!

*High-five*

(I was born in Seattle.)
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby TB3 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:30 pm

You an Oregon/Washington man then David, cos I seem to see those states on TV more than any other (aside from NYC and 'Springfield' ;) ). Oh and thanks for answering my Star-Trek question.

Reading through your post agin, does the Code Lyoko Bible reveal anything interesting about the characters - background details that have yet to be mentioned in the show - or am I creeping into NDA territory?

Oh and Matt reminded me of this the other day (and I couldn't remember if I'd already mentioned it to you), but last Halloween I cosplayed as Jimbo himself, thought you mind find these pictures funny.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c345/Thunderbird3/Scan0014.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c345/Thunderbird3/Scan0015.jpg

Thanks again!
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:17 pm

Hey, David. I have a question. What did you think of "Cold War" and your performance in it? I surely can tell ya right now, that Jim sure was kind in that ep, speaking softly to that little girl. And Herve wanting to suck face with Sissi was funny. XD

By the way, William also sounds like one of my brother Zane's friends. ^^
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Virus_Xana » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:36 pm

Hey David what do you enjoy the most about playing Jim?
Virus_Xana offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Skorpigeist » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:50 pm

TB3 wrote:You an Oregon/Washington man then David, cos I seem to see those states on TV more than any other (aside from NYC and 'Springfield' ;) ). Oh and thanks for answering my Star-Trek question.

Reading through your post agin, does the Code Lyoko Bible reveal anything interesting about the characters - background details that have yet to be mentioned in the show - or am I creeping into NDA territory?

Oh and Matt reminded me of this the other day (and I couldn't remember if I'd already mentioned it to you), but last Halloween I cosplayed as Jimbo himself, thought you mind find these pictures funny.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c345/Thunderbird3/Scan0014.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c345/Thunderbird3/Scan0015.jpg

Thanks again!

That was a good question TB3 after David's response about reading the literary bible, I began to think the exact same thing. I hope it isn't non discloseable territory, but probably is. but if so we can at least find out if there are extra things in there. don't you think it would be cool if the literary bible for lyoko was released after the show is done ( assuming that seasons 3 and 4 will be the last seasons)
Skorpigeist offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:32 am

I hope not! *shudders*
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby LoVeIsBeAuTiFuL » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:54 pm

Hi! :hello: Mr. Gasman you play my favriote person on the show
LoVeIsBeAuTiFuL offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Movie-Man » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:21 pm

Say David, did you ever audition for the role of Robin for the movie Batman Forever?
"Return to the past now!"-Jeremy
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby TB3 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:31 pm

Movie-Man wrote:Say David, did you ever audition for the role of Robin for the movie Batman Forever?

You already asked Matt this question, so why ask David as well? - and you've already been told by Rodri to ease up on asking the VAs questions - I don't want to sound like a hard-@$$, but it might be better if you reigned yourself in lest you get yourself into trouble.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Movie-Man » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:27 pm

TB3 wrote:
Movie-Man wrote:Say David, did you ever audition for the role of Robin for the movie Batman Forever?

You already asked Matt this question, so why ask David as well? - and you've already been told by Rodri to ease up on asking the VAs questions - I don't want to sound like a hard-@$$, but it might be better if you reigned yourself in lest you get yourself into trouble.

Sorry, I was just curious.
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Odd675 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:35 pm

One question Mr David!

You some times gives a serious voice on Jim, like tell the orders very serious or just shouting other boys (that is an example)?

Thanks
Ulrich:Odd say something
Odd:hmmm...something
Odd675 offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby *Star* Gazer » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:30 am

I don't know if anyone has asked this but, David do you know anything on Garge Kids?
*Star* Gazer offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: The classic "RIGHT BEHIND YOU". In my case, "INSIDE YOU."

Postby Cher's Spare Parts » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:19 am

Hi all,

Garage Kids was the pilot on which CL is based. Most of the people who worked on that are no longer running CL. I know it's available out there somewhere, so you should be able to hunt it down if you like...I'm pretty sure there's info about it right here on this site

Recording starts soon for CL season three!

For those of you wondering about whether CL will end after season four, apparently it depends on sales of merchandise! So rush out and pick up some CL stuff now!
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Skorpigeist » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:37 am

Cher's Spare Parts wrote:

Cool, how soon is soon though? and btw I picked up a copy of indigo prophecy. I must say that I enjoyed the voice work everyone put into it

Edit: this made me think of a question. How far in advance do you typically do the voice work for an episode of a show before its airdate?
Skorpigeist offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Vora Lyoko » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:12 pm

Cher's Spare Parts wrote: I know it's available out there somewhere, so you should be able to hunt it down if you like...

I've been hunting down awhile. Apparently all I have for Garage Kids is a picture and the video.

Cher's Spare Parts wrote:So rush out and pick up some CL stuff now!

Ah! Don't say that! I want to buy every single thing but-but....I'm too shy to ask my parents..but maybe if I save up...and I have a job. Uh getting back on topic.

Skorpigeist wrote:
Cher's Spare Parts wrote:

Cool, how soon is soon though?

Yes please tell us! (But anything else on season 3 will spoil the surprise. So lets stop asking about it..)

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Sanji » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:13 pm

I can barely wait for the new seasons, honestly. ^.^
...I am the stone that the builder refused I am the visual, the inspiration, that made lady sing the blues, I am the spark that makes your idea bright, the same spark that lights the dark so you can know your left from your right, I am the ballot in your box the bullet, in the gun the inner glow that lets you know to call your brother son, the story has just begun the promise of whats to come and I'll remain a soldier till the war is won.
Sanji offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Mewberries151 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:19 pm

OddxSissy Fan wrote:
Cher's Spare Parts wrote: I know it's available out there somewhere, so you should be able to hunt it down if you like...

I've been hunting down awhile. Apparently all I have for Garage Kids is a picture and the video.

That is more or less the extent of what Garage Kids was. A simple pilot video (usually QuickTime) and several screenshots of the video as well as concept art of the original show idea and it's characters. There is also a PDF file that can be downloaded with more info on the show as well as cute character sketches of Ulrich, Yumi, Odd, Kiwi, and Jeremie. :)

There were rumors of other episodes being made, but no links have ever been found...and these rumors came from fan sites that may not have checked their sources. ^^;

I hope this is helpful! :)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Vora Lyoko » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:38 pm

And just where is this PDF file?

Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Rycr » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:29 am

Cool! I finally got to join the VA room! Hello! :hello:

Um, back on topic, you can download the movie from here. It also has images of the backdrops and characters used in the movie. In the group picture, you can see the GK versions of Millie and Tamiya, as well as the lyoko gang and a few other random kids. They used to have the PDF, but the link is broken now, and I can't find it anywhere else.
Rycr offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Vora Lyoko » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:42 am

(Never-mind..)

Um, David, not to get nosy on anything but I can guess you guys are preety busy no?

Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Cher's Spare Parts » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:41 pm

We get very busy in the month of March, usually. April is a strange month because there are so many holidays here in France. Sometimes we are really busy, then other times it is very slow. Right now it is fairly slow for everyone except Barbara...
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Movie-Man » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:33 pm

Say David, what movies did you see last year?
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

PreviousNext