Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm

David Gasman a.k.a Jim, Herb, And William

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Star Way » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:29 am

Cher's Spare Parts wrote:Hey all,

Yes, the Omen remake looks like a good one. I just saw X-men3, which was good. Maybe not as good as the first two, but I enjoyed it a lot.

As far as William goes, I HOPE he is in Season three. He is an interesting character who hasn't been used enough, in my humble opinon. He could be so much more than just an occasional rival to Ulrich. For right now, I really don't know. We start recording soon, so we'll all just have to wait and find out!

Boy, it is hot here in Paris! I hope you all are having great summers!

If I may insert a personal opinion here, The Omen was *not* a good one - I saw it on 6/6/06 too - and perhaps I'm biased because I'm a horror movie buff and there are obviously a million better movies out there than that one... But I think it's pretty bad when the entire theater starts cracking up at the parts intended to be scariest. ^^';

On the other hand, it is good for a laugh.

X3 was disappointing. The second movie was the best one IMO, but this one was.... meh. I don't understand why they had Angel and Beast as the new characters when every single fan (or so it seems) was wanting Gambit and maybe Jubilee.

Ehh. I already made this rant in my LJ and it was really long so I'll stop there. xD

I don't see why William wouldn't be in season 3... Unless they intend to add yet *another* outside love interest for Yumi and totally ignore William, like they did with Theo. xD
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:54 am

Speaking of Theo, was Theo voiced by you, David?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:09 am

Taelia wrote:Speaking of Theo, was Theo voiced by you, David?

Just to field this one for Mr. Gasman, Theo was indeed voiced by him. I believe that was mentioned earlier in the thread by either Mr. Gasman himself or one of the other members. :)

Just out of curiousity, Mr. Gasman...and I hope you don't mind me asking (and my apologies if this has been asked before...it didn't look like it had), but would you prefer to see William somehow win Yumi's affections as opposed to Ulrich? ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rail Runner » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:51 am

Hi Mr. Gasman.

I searched but this didnt come up...have you ever had a moment where you wish things could have been different for a character...what I mean is, do you wish that things would have turned out differently in a certain situation rather than the way it was actually written?
Amtrak, its everywhere I want to be!
Rail Runner offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Movie-Man » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:03 pm

Say David, how would you feel if Rob Zombie remade Halloween? Well, I don't know if you like this idea but Rob Zombie and directing a remake of Halloween and there's interview on the guy posted on Halloweenmovies.com.
"Return to the past now!"-Jeremy
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

YEAH YEAH YEAH!! XD

Postby Rei_Ayanami » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:29 pm

YAY!! Where Aelita's and Jeremie's voice actors? Where, where, where? Please, tell me!
*breathing heaviing* I can't spell that last word!
<3 Rei Ayanami <3

-----
Maker of...
Aelita's Palace (http://www.freewebs.com/aelita12stones)
Rei_Ayanami offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Taelia » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:06 pm

Hey, David, quick question. ;)

What did you think of "Cold War", the episode where XANA freezes the Earth? :D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cher's Spare Parts » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:33 pm

Hey everybody!

To answer the last few questions:

I haven't actually seen the (entire) episode where Xana freezes the earth. What I did see looked pretty cool. (It reminded me of The Day After Tomorrow, which I just watched again. The science is not good in that movie, but if you crunch your popcorn loud enough, you can forget that and enjoy the action.)

Aelita and Jermey are dvoiced by gorgeous Sharon Mann. She's pretty busy just now, but will probably drop by soon.

I personally don't like remakes much, particularly horror remakes. They are rarely as good as the originals. However if they HAVE to do a remake of Halloween, I think Rob Zombie is a good choice.

I have many times wished things could have been written to turn out differently for my characters. Especially when they die! As far as CL, I'd like to see Jim and William have more to do. Jim is essentially comic relief, and I'm not sure what they have in mind for William...

But, no, I would not like to see William replace Ulrich in Yumi's heart. I don't think William really wants that either. He understands that Ulrich and Yumi are meant for each other. Plus, it's more interesting if he's in love with her, but can never have her.

I would like to read some of the fan fiction. I think fan fiction is important. But I am also in a very busy period now. I'll let you know after I've read some stuff.

Movies I've been watching recently: Actually, I've been making my way through all five of the original Planet Of the Apes movies. They are sort of silly, but fun. I like post-apocalyptic movies, and these are sort of classics.
Cher's Spare Parts offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:37 pm

Hey, David!

I have a LOT of cool stuff to tell you! =D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Insanity Hero » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:40 pm

Cher's Spare Parts wrote:Hey everybody!

I haven't actually seen the (entire) episode where Xana freezes the earth. What I did see looked pretty cool. (It reminded me of The Day After Tomorrow, which I just watched again. The science is not good in that movie, but if you crunch your popcorn loud enough, you can forget that and enjoy the action.)
Yeah that's how most science movies are.

Sorry I don't have a question right now but I love your voice acting with Jim and all of them.
Insanity Hero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:13 pm

Hiya Mr. Gasman, nice to hear from you again! :)

Hehe - regarding remakes, did you get to see Poseidon? Personally I think it rocks.

Oh, and your comments about Jim as comic relief have been confirmed by one of the few Season 3 images to be released by Moonscoop, which you might find amusing if you've not yet voiced this scene - DISCO JIM! XD
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lola » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:28 pm

Cher's Spare Parts wrote:Hey everybody!

Aelita and Jermey are dvoiced by gorgeous Sharon Mann. She's pretty busy just now, but will probably drop by soon.

I personally don't like remakes much, particularly horror remakes. They are rarely as good as the originals. However if they HAVE to do a remake of Halloween, I think Rob Zombie is a good choice.

I have many times wished things could have been written to turn out differently for my characters. Especially when they die! As far as CL, I'd like to see Jim and William have more to do. Jim is essentially comic relief, and I'm not sure what they have in mind for William...

But, no, I would not like to see William replace Ulrich in Yumi's heart. I don't think William really wants that either. He understands that Ulrich and Yumi are meant for each other. Plus, it's more interesting if he's in love with her, but can never have her.

I would like to read some of the fan fiction. I think fan fiction is important. But I am also in a very busy period now. I'll let you know after I've read some stuff.

Movies I've been watching recently: Actually, I've been making my way through all five of the original Planet Of the Apes movies. They are sort of silly, but fun. I like post-apocalyptic movies, and these are sort of classics.

I'm offended! I liked war of the worlds!
Xana froze the Earth? I want to see it!
Cool
But The BB of C said nobody dies in this show ;__;
He seemed kind of pushy on Yumi in that one episode I saw
If you read fanfiction I suggest my friends stories. Theyre crazy.
I liked planet of the apes.

Major btw...I want to be an actress later in life. My boyfriend says I tend to trail off from my character when I try to act. Do you have any hints for me to avoid this?
Lola offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Taelia » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:13 pm

"Cold War" was so beautiful! =D David, your performance was...it was... oooh, words cannot EXPRESS what I think of your performance, but you made Jim sound so kind and gentle. Just the way a friend (Jedi General) and I are making him in a story we're writing. It's called "New and Improved". William's the shifty-eyed one this time. ;)
Last edited by Taelia on Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Sithking Zero » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:14 pm

Really? you're co-writing that? That's pretty cool...
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Jedi General » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:49 pm

Sithking Zero wrote:Really? you're co-writing that? That's pretty cool...

Sorta. I'm doing all the writing, but Taelia has been giving me a lot of ideas for the story. I've used some of them so far.
ImageImageImage
Jedi General offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Sithking Zero » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:55 pm

Oooh, kind of like how Shademan has helped me with my story!

That's still pretty cool.
Sig by Carth.
ALL HAIL MEGATRON!
Sithking Zero offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Movie-Man » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:28 pm

Cher's Spare Parts wrote:I personally don't like remakes much, particularly horror remakes. They are rarely as good as the originals. However if they HAVE to do a remake of Halloween, I think Rob Zombie is a good choice.

Well you'd be happy to know that at the Halloween official website there is an interview with Rob Zombie and I found two things he mentioned about the remake.

1. He'll be focusing on mood and terror for the remake also for the remake, he'll include Michael's origins so it's sort of like a prequel too.

2. John Carpenter has given Rob his blessing, I think he said something like "Go for it."

And you're not exactly the only guy who likes post-apocolyptic films.
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:59 am

TB3 wrote:Hiya Mr. Gasman, nice to hear from you again! :)

Hehe - regarding remakes, did you get to see Poseidon? Personally I think it rocks.

Oh, and your comments about Jim as comic relief have been confirmed by one of the few Season 3 images to be released by Moonscoop, which you might find amusing if you've not yet voiced this scene - DISCO JIM! XD

To the tune of 'Earthworm Jim: TAS', maybe?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:49 pm

By the way, David, speaking of movies I have been getting into the Star Wars movies. Particularly, Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope. I have been using references to that movie in some fanfics that I am doing with some friends.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Movie-Man » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:56 pm

Say David, how would you feel if you have been offered to have a cameo appearence in a live action Code Lyoko movie?
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Vora Lyoko » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:46 pm

Mr.Gasman you saw "The Day after tomorrow"? (I think that's the way you say it...)

I love that movie....(A little too much) (Ya it just hit me...maybe they used that movie for episode "cold war" XD)

What's your favorite part of that movie? If you want to say...

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:16 pm

I see that Jim's a lot nicer to Odd in the premiere, David. And William's back!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Vora Lyoko » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:31 pm

Yes William IS back....

*gets gun* No offense David. Besides Sissy I hate ANYONE who gets in Yumi and Ulrich's way...

But that's little old sad me...

My Art shop! Click on the bar above to Enter
:female: I am Female. Yes....FEMALE.
Vora Lyoko offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Movie-Man » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:34 pm

Hey David, it's still funny seeing Jim in a disco outfit but not in a bad way; it's just funny ok well the disco joke is getting old in cartoons but this disco joke in CL is actually funny.
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Taelia » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:12 pm

Apparently, Odd made Jim do that! XD
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext