Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 pm

David Gasman a.k.a Jim, Herb, And William

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby TL. » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:00 pm

Mr Gasman, welcome to (the wonderful) Lyoko Freak.net. Name is Team Lyoko. LOVE the show and Jimbo. Wonderful stuff that you, the other VAs and Jérôme Mouscadet put together for us people. I'm unworthy...

Regarding the game Indigo Prophecy Fahrenheit. Like you said, is fantastic. Never seen a game like and is fun to play. The final act makes Matrix fight scenes look like a thumb war. I asked Matt via PM if he could recall your roles. Unfortunately, he couldn't remember. I was hoping if you could. In extras, it has a short video showing you and other VA's doing the recording.

keep on doing your fine work for season 3! Go VAs!

And RoDrInCuBuS. Indigo Prophecy is on PS2, X-Box and PC.
Last edited by TL. on Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THIS IS MY FORUM NOW!

ALL WHO DEFY ME, SHALL BE DESTROYED!
TL. offline
The Rank of Triumph!
The Rank of Triumph!

Postby Taelia » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:15 pm

I'm glad that you guys work together, David. You're the REAL Team Lyoko, you know that?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby YDV » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:17 pm

Bienvenue, Mr. Gasman! Nice to see you 'round these parts.

I like ol' Jimbo on the show... always being, well, him. (You do a great job with his voice by the way) But I don't like William. Not that it's your fault. He's just competition for Ulrich :P
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Xx te*rs r*n c*ld xX » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:19 pm

erynn told me you did the voice of Rayman. is that true? that's totally awesome if it is. o__o
-Hayley

tears run cold
but i still hold onto
the feeling you'll come back to me
deep within my soul
but don't take too long
cause i've faced too many sleepless nights
waiting for you to come back home
my tears run cold
Xx te*rs r*n c*ld xX offline

Postby Saphire-089 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:11 pm

+TEARS+RUN+COLD+ wrote:erynn told me you did the voice of Rayman. is that true? that's totally awesome if it is. o__o

Do you play Rayman? Which one?

Anyways, Hello Mr.Gasman, you do a great job with all 3 of your characters. :)
*Avatar was made by deviant art user rinrinyan
Saphire-089 offline

Postby Max Gene » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:43 pm

W00t! Another VA!

Welcome Mr. Gasman! You're a-MAZ-ing! And cool and stuff!

Jim is really muscular yet kinda fat... any speculation on that?
Max Gene offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby Taelia » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:17 pm

There's just one problem with Jim going into Lyoko - whether or not he'll fit into the scanners. XD
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cher's Spare Parts » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:18 am

Indigo Prophecy is available on PS2, XBox and PC...

Allan does the voice of Sissy's dad, yes. He also directs the voice acting and does a darn good job at it, too.

Yes, I did do the voice of Rayman in all of the video games, but not the cartoon series. I have done the main character in literally dozens of games and cartoons but as I reside in Paris, these have all obviously been designed and created in Europe, so you may not have head of a lot of them.

Jim has a lot of muscles because he used to be a...well, I don't wan't to talk about it. He is fatter now, because he spends all of his time chasing the Lyoko gang instead of working out. But he would still fit in the scanning chamber, I think!

I like William. He's a nice guy. He can't help being in love with Yumi and yet he has always respected her AND Ulrich. If you recall, he's often giving Ulrich good advice about getting together with her. and he has never really done anything to try and break them up. He's been pretty cool about the whole thing, really. Have you ever had a big crush on someone you could never have that kind of relationship with? It's painful. It would be easy and even understandable to be a jerk, but William hasn't been. At least, so far...
Cher's Spare Parts offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Cassius335 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:24 am

TB3 wrote:Ghostbuster (oh, wait, that's my idea).

And a good idea, though I'd rather have one of the Real Ghostbusters, pun intended.
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:47 pm

Hey, David, in my fic, you're gonna love Jimbo's weapon and powers. Once in Lyoko, the RTTPs lose their effect on him, and he regains his memories of Aelita, Lyoko, and X.A.N.A.

William will become a villain in the story. And like Gaston from Disney's Beauty and the Beast, be only wanting Yumi because she drop-dead sexy.

By the way, nice avatar. Jim is such a goofball. XD
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cher's Spare Parts » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:10 pm

TB3, I think Jim did all of those jobs and maybe a few more. Maybe he had his memory erased...

Taelia, I agree that Yumi is pretty sexy. I don't blame William at all. But I don't think he's evil. Maybe he's been hypnotized or has an evil twin. Maybe Xana got to him.

Anyway, I look forward to reading your fan-fic.

I like to see Jim get injected with a drug that made him super smart (for a while) then maybe he could take over for Jeremy at the computer and rescue everyone.

Then he'd get to say "Virtualization!" ;)
Cher's Spare Parts offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:16 pm

I hope you all will, David. Chapter 5 is still in development.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Star Way » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:44 pm

TB3 wrote:As an aside - how many of those 'Old Jobs' of his do you think he actually had? ;) We drew a list up and it comes to;

20 years at Kadic
Sewage Worker
Space-Program-Volunteer-Test-Subject
Salvage Diver
7th Engineering Battalion
Pscychiatric Nurse
Ghostbuster (oh, wait, that's my idea).

Wasn't there an episode where he mentioned he worked in the sewers, and then when Principal Delmas asked about it he didn't want to talk about it?

But man, Ghost Buster.... dude, I can so see it. >) Someone needs to draw Jim in one of those little 80's jumpers. =3
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:56 pm

TB3 wrote:20 years at Kadic
Sewage Worker
Space-Program-Volunteer-Test-Subject
Salvage Diver
7th Engineering Battalion
Pscychiatric Nurse
Ghostbuster (oh, wait, that's my idea).

The long and varied career of Jimbo.

I wonder if David tried those in real life.

Cher's Spare Pants wrote:I like William. He's a nice guy. He can't help being in love with Yumi and yet he has always respected her AND Ulrich. If you recall, he's often giving Ulrich good advice about getting together with her. and he has never really done anything to try and break them up. He's been pretty cool about the whole thing, really. Have you ever had a big crush on someone you could never have that kind of relationship with? It's painful. It would be easy and even understandable to be a jerk, but William hasn't been. At least, so far...

Well, you definately know him better than all of us, for sure.

Btw, what's with your username? I think you answered that question at TvTome, but somehow it's weird. No offensive intentions, just in case.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Taelia » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:37 pm

Where do you all record, David?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Activated Tower » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:56 pm

Hello, Mr. Gasman. You do a really great job voicing Jim, William and all your other characters; I loved Jim in A Bad Turn when he talking about his army job.

I'll have to be sure to get Indigo Prophecy/Farenheit, although I'll have to make sure my brother gets his PS2 back before then.

Cher's Spare Parts wrote:I like to see Jim get injected with a drug that made him super smart (for a while) then maybe he could take over for Jeremy at the computer and rescue everyone.

Then he'd get to say "Virtualization!"

I would too. Anything to give him no excuse for not going, although that would definitely be the most interesting.
Activated Tower offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby Taelia » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:39 pm

And for not joining the team.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Stephen (x1) » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:01 pm

Cher's Spare Parts wrote: Wow, that drawing of Jim is awesome! I wish I could make it my logo thing here on the site.

Me, or some other person on this site, could easily make it into that for you...
What will you remember me for?

Stephen (x1) offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:46 pm

I'll have more requests for you later, TB3. But aren't you forgetting my other one? :)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Exploder » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:57 am

Cher's Spare Parts wrote:Taelia, I agree that Yumi is pretty sexy.

I agree! :D By the way, can you relate to any of the characters you play?
Exploder offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:25 am

Cher's Spare Parts wrote:TB3, I think Jim did all of those jobs and maybe a few more. Maybe he had his memory erased...

Taelia, I agree that Yumi is pretty sexy. I don't blame William at all. But I don't think he's evil. Maybe he's been hypnotized or has an evil twin. Maybe Xana got to him.

Anyway, I look forward to reading your fan-fic.

I like to see Jim get injected with a drug that made him super smart (for a while) then maybe he could take over for Jeremy at the computer and rescue everyone.

Then he'd get to say "Virtualization!" ;)

You never know, maybe he's gotten himself some computer tech skills at some point in his career.
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:02 am

I'll think about adding those suggestions in, David. Doesn't mean I won't.

By the way, Happy Holidays!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:43 pm

Cher's Spare Parts wrote:Jim has a lot of muscles because he used to be a...well, I don't wan't to talk about it.

*laughs* Now that was too funny!!! :*D

Hello, Mr. Gasman! I'm not sure if you'd remember me from the old TV Tome boards, but I'm absolutely ecstatic to have the opportunity to talk with you again! :D I offer you my (belated) welcome to LF! ^^;

I have a midly silly question to ask you. ^^ In "St. Valentines Day" when Jeremie calls Jim (pretending to be the Principal), Jim starts to tell him something about Mrs. Hertz. Was that line foreshadowing something...and what are your feelings on it? ;)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext