Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am

David Gasman a.k.a Jim, Herb, And William

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Taelia » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:16 am

Paris is the city of love, y'know. Dave, you guys are very lucky to live in Paris.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:25 am

Taelia wrote:Paris is the city of love, y'know. Dave, you guys are very lucky to live in Paris.

Speaking of Paris... have you been to the Paris Saint German stadium to see that soccer team in France? And if you did, have you got the chance to see Ronaldinho playing before he left to Barcelona?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:53 am

Cher's Spare Parts wrote:In the case of Code Lyoko, it's option 2 above. English is actually the original version and the French is dubbed on.

:omg: That's a surprise! Kind of a cool one.
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:55 am

Your De-Virtualization wrote:We're special. ;)

CL is recorded in English before French? How is that... possible...? I mean, don't the guys over at AnteScoop/MoonFilms do everything in, well... French? And then they'd have to like translate their ideas and/or scripts into English? Or is everything done in English, and then into French? @.@

And if the scripts are in English: Are they hiring?
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cher's Spare Parts » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:37 pm

Hi everybody!

Yes, I do enjoy living in Paris (although I actually live in the suburbs now). It is a beautiful city. I take the train in, so I'm often sort of underneath it these days, but I've spent many an hour just wandering around, and it's a unique and wonderful experience, even now. Everybody should come over and see Paris at least once in their lives. It's true, we all feel very grateful about living where we live and doing what we do. We're very lucky and we know it.

It's not that complicated, really: the texts for Lyoko are indeed written in French and then translated into English. Then the guide tracks are recorded in English. Then the English and French versions are recorded when the images are ready.

Code Lyoko is very popular in France, too.

Some other good French bands: Les Negress Vertes, Mono Negra, Rita Mitsuko, M (yes, just the letter "M"), Mano Chao (okay, these guys might be Spanish), Edith Piaf (well, she's not a band, but she's very cool to listen to) and Asyl. I also enjoy old Jacques Dutronc, Boris Vian and Serge Gainsbourg. I can't hang with Johnny Halliday...

I've been to the stade, but I missed Ronaldinho ;__;

They are not hiring wrtiers at this time. Unfortunately.
Cher's Spare Parts offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:44 pm

Wow! You sure are having a good time in Paris, Dave. Even with the rioting going on, it's still a great and beautiful city.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:44 pm

Hehe... I wanna visit France before I die. Seems really cool... but if you have lots of money.

Cher's Spare Parts wrote:Some other good French bands: Mano Chao (okay, these guys might be Spanish)

It's Manu Chao, former vocalist from Mano Negra. I used to like them before... haven't heard them in a long time. I should download their songs...

Cher's Spare Parts wrote:I've been to the stade, but I missed Ronaldinho ;__;

Ouch... Ronaldinho really rocks. He gives soccer another vibe... I enjoyed him when he and Barcelona kicked the s**t out of Real Madrid (I really hate this team, as well as Chelsea) not that much ago.

Which is your favourite sport? And how popular is CL in France? In LatinAmerica it's not that big thing, sadly. Most of the people from LatinAmerica who watched CL thought it was pointless crap with lame graphics. The new season has just aired there a month ago and I really like it a lot.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Taelia » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:45 pm

Unfortunately, there's no Japanese version yet.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:00 pm

Taelia wrote:Paris is the city of love, y'know. Dave, you guys are very lucky to live in Paris.

Yes, while it may be one of the most romantic places in the world, it's also the most artistic.
I want to go there on an artist's scholarship.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Taelia » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:27 pm

Good for you.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:45 pm

Taelia wrote:Unfortunately, there's no Japanese version yet.

They might release one for China by next year or by the end of this year, if I'm not wrong. But in Japan's case, no idea really. Though, I hardly think the va's would know about this. Try checking to which channels Moonscoop sold the CL episodes.
MY85 offline

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:11 pm

WHAT?
Are you saying you got to go there?
LUCKY!
I want to go for the great artistic benefits.
What can I say? My artistic talents are from my french side!

Postby MG » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:16 pm

Hey there everybody! :hello:

Most of you have already heard me gush and gush about how great David Gasman is but I thought maybe not ALL of you.

First of all, David Gasman's talent runs unbound. He is an amazing inspiration to me and I have learned SO MUCH having the sublime opportunity of working with him as a fellow actor but also as him directing me!!! He is fantastic. A genious. Really he is. That's the word and I hope I'm spelling it right.

And on top of that (I know alot of guys have already heard me say this all) he is incredibly, wildly, unimaginably FUNNY!!!! I cannot think of anybody who has made me laugh more than David Gasman. I mean like even just today he made me laugh so hard my abs still are a little sore. Even when I was going through some hard times he was always there to make me laugh my socks off. He is always like a big brother to me and helps and defends me when I don't understand everything(I can be kinda flaky sometimes and he is really smart) but also makes fun of me in a really funny kind of way that I love to be made fun of!!! He is never mean. He is really a great and good man and my life would not be what it is without him and Code Lyoko would definitely not be what it is without the undeniable talent and versitility of David Gasman!!! :D

Matthew Géczy

MG offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:20 pm

I agree with you Matt. And Odd would never sound as hot without your vocal talents. ;)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby xxJeanGreyxx » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:12 pm

I agree too.

I agree odd's voice is cmexy. ^___~
<3 x <3 x <3 J <3 e <3 a <3 n <3 G <3 r <3 e <3 y <3 x <3 x <3
*~*~*~
xxJeanGreyxx offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby YDV » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:14 pm

The Voice of Odd wrote:Hey there everybody! :hello:

Most of you have already heard me gush and gush about how great David Gasman is but I thought maybe not ALL of you.

First of all, David Gasman's talent runs unbound. He is an amazing inspiration to me and I have learned SO MUCH having the sublime opportunity of working with him as a fellow actor but also as him directing me!!! He is fantastic. A genious. Really he is. That's the word and I hope I'm spelling it right.

And on top of that (I know alot of guys have already heard me say this all) he is incredibly, wildly, unimaginably FUNNY!!!! I cannot think of anybody who has made me laugh more than David Gasman. I mean like even just today he made me laugh so hard my abs still are a little sore. Even when I was going through some hard times he was always there to make me laugh my socks off. He is always like a big brother to me and helps and defends me when I don't understand everything(I can be kinda flaky sometimes and he is really smart) but also makes fun of me in a really funny kind of way that I love to be made fun of!!! He is never mean. He is really a great and good man and my life would not be what it is without him and Code Lyoko would definitely not be what it is without the undeniable talent and versitility of David Gasman!!! :D

Matthew Géczy

Heh heh... it's genius, Matt. Genius. :P

That's interesting, though... and kinda sweet. Although right now I'm thinking ol' Jimbo as Odd's big brother o.O
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:57 pm

TB3 wrote:I can picture Odd and Jim fighting over the PS2 controller.

If I'm not mistaken, during the TvTome era, Gasman said he owned a PS1 or PS2 and played with Geczy... really.
MY85 offline

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:47 pm

heh... cool.
Hey, you're that guy that does Odd's voice!
Kie: No duh!
AB: Hey! And you're the one who does Kie's voice too!
KIe: No, Kie does her own voice.
AB: So who does mine?
Kie: YOU!
AB: Well that makes no sense.
Kie: Excuse her... she missed therapy again.
I have a question, but it may not be answered. And my MOM bugs me every time she sees the show:
Why does Jim always have that band-aid on his face?
Does he have a hole in his chin or something?
Mabey his brain spung a leak...

Postby xxJeanGreyxx » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:07 pm

Since were talking about Paris...

www.abcparislive.com

Live webcam of Eiffel Tower, and all of paris! Enjoy! :)
<3 x <3 x <3 J <3 e <3 a <3 n <3 G <3 r <3 e <3 y <3 x <3 x <3
*~*~*~
xxJeanGreyxx offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:08 pm

Yay... clouds.

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:34 am

Cher's Spare Parts wrote:Hi everybody!

Yes, I do enjoy living in Paris (although I actually live in the suburbs now). It is a beautiful city. I take the train in, so I'm often sort of underneath it these days, but I've spent many an hour just wandering around, and it's a unique and wonderful experience, even now. Everybody should come over and see Paris at least once in their lives. It's true, we all feel very grateful about living where we live and doing what we do. We're very lucky and we know it.

It's not that complicated, really: the texts for Lyoko are indeed written in French and then translated into English. Then the guide tracks are recorded in English. Then the English and French versions are recorded when the images are ready.

Code Lyoko is very popular in France, too.

Some other good French bands: Les Negress Vertes, Mono Negra, Rita Mitsuko, M (yes, just the letter "M"), Mano Chao (okay, these guys might be Spanish), Edith Piaf (well, she's not a band, but she's very cool to listen to) and Asyl. I also enjoy old Jacques Dutronc, Boris Vian and Serge Gainsbourg. I can't hang with Johnny Halliday...

I've been to the stade, but I missed Ronaldinho ;__;

They are not hiring wrtiers at this time. Unfortunately.

Yeah, though since I can't speak or write French, I probably wouldn't get a chance anyway... ;__;
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:09 am

I'd wanna challenge Matt or David to a video game duel - in a fighting game. XD
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:13 pm

Thank you to whoever posted that webcam up!
My french teacher got all excited when she learned I knew people in France. And then I showed her the webcam, and she got excited and I now have three extra credits.

PreviousNext