Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:14 am

David Gasman a.k.a Jim, Herb, And William

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Movie-Man » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:12 am

Hey David, did you see the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie? It's a cool film actually.
"Return to the past now!"-Jeremy
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Taelia » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:38 am

I can't believe Season 3 is almost over! Jim's getting his share of the action (yay!) but what are the kids gonna do?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:50 am

Winter break? :p
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:53 am

Hey, David G.! William is a Team Lyoko member now! I don't know why I was complaining about it before, but hey, at least one of your characters is joining.

Though you think he'll end up betraying them in the end? After seeing what happened to Sissi in the prequel, my trust for him in more minimal than my trust for any other characters.

(I also have another surprise for you.)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Keiji » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:14 pm

Taelia wrote:Hey, David G.! William is a Team Lyoko member now! I don't know why I was complaining about it before, but hey, at least one of your characters is joining.

Meh. I still wish Jim had joined.
Keiji offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Taelia » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:27 pm

Me too. Now they don't trust him. ;__;
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Movie-Man » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:00 pm

Taelia wrote:Hey, David G.! William is a Team Lyoko member now! I don't know why I was complaining about it before, but hey, at least one of your characters is joining.

Actually, he doesn't join Team Lyoko, Yumi couldn't trust him which is good because it'd be a bad idea what would happen if he found out about that sort of secret no ffense David but I'm sorry I just can't see William joining.
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:16 pm

You haven't seen Friday's ep, have you, Movie-Man?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:21 pm

Movie-Man wrote:

Actually, he doesn't join Team Lyoko, Yumi couldn't trust him which is good because it'd be a bad idea what would happen if he found out about that sort of secret no ffense David but I'm sorry I just can't see William joining.

Like Cassius says Movie-Man, last night's episode 'Double Trouble' and Monday's Ep 'Final Round' have er, taken William to...new places! :P
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:27 pm

Though a good half the board (me included) are expecting Something To Go Horribly Wrong...
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Movie-Man » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:15 pm

Cassius335 wrote:You haven't seen Friday's ep, have you, Movie-Man?

Whoops, I missed that; I went to see The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning again when that was on so
I didn't have time to see it.
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

William on Lyoko - RIDICULOUS!! XD

Postby Taelia » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:45 pm

Maaaan, David! William's Lyoko form looked so RIDICULOUS! What was his weapon, a giant meat-carving knife? And that 1950s jumpsuit made him look so gay! XD

If I'm hurting your feelings by saying this, I'm sorry, Dave. I just don't think William was the best choice. Not a lot of people like William and he keeps messing with Ulrich and Yumi's love life.

The third season turned out better than I had hoped it would, thanks to you, David. Your voice acting in this season was just great! :) Jim really cracks me up! :*D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:26 pm

You and I clearly have different concepts of 'gay', Taelia (though I was wondering if that sword was overcompensating for something). And judging from what happened, William being a bad choice was rather the idea...
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Re: William on Lyoko - RIDICULOUS!! XD

Postby Ghost Guest » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:32 pm

Please speak for yourself, Taelia. If that's your opinion then fine, but don't say it as if everybody thought the same. I actually like William and I found his Lyoko form very cool. :)

Ok now, hello Mr. Gasman! :D . I know you voice many characters in the show and I find that great because I honestly could have never guessed that, they all sound very different. I can't really come up with an original question now, so I'll just say hi again! ^^
Ghost Guest offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Evil Ulrich » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:49 pm

Jim is always funny when he does "I'd rather not talk about it" line.
Used to be Tarantula, Krabe General, and RageFireHunter
Evil Ulrich offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Taelia » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:48 pm

Hey, David G. "Nobody in Particular" was so good. I didn't even know Suzanne even LIKED Jim! The "herbal teas" comment was just HILARIOUS! And the groaning he did after he got punched was just so funny! XD
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Andy Waltfeld » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:36 pm

I'd like to ask a quick-fire round of questions. I apologize if any of these are reposts.

1) Which pairing seems more plausible, Jim/Yolande or Jim/Hertz?
2) Has anyone on staff ever accused William of being a Mary Sue? Because I've done so quite a few times in my day. Which brings us to...
3) Was William designed by the winner of the official site's Design-a-Character contest? Wikipedia has said nothing on the matter.
4) I remember hearing that your voice was backdubbed into most of XANA's Polymorphic clones. Are there any wacky techniques performed to do this when speaking the lines (i.e. cupping your hands over your mouth and/or the microphone), or is the reverb all post-production?
Andy Waltfeld offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:49 pm

Well, you can definately cross the third one out, The kid won a cameo in Cold war to ask Jim how cold it was by SENDING A PICTURE OF HIMSELF to be conceped and drawn into the show.

And William is not a Mary-Sue, first off He's a GUY, Second, there' no obvious relation to any other charachter, and third, if yu want to keep talking about it, go to the Charachter Discussion Thread!

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby Taelia » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:46 pm

For some reason, Jim's "I'd rather not talk about it" line is getting old very fast. And Jim isn't even a funny character anymore, he's more of an annoying nuisance, not to mention a cruel child-hater.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:52 pm

AngelBolt wrote:Well, you can definately cross the third one out, The kid won a cameo in Cold war to ask Jim how cold it was by SENDING A PICTURE OF HIMSELF to be conceped and drawn into the show.

Heh. If only it were that simple...
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cher's Spare Parts » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:02 am

Hey everybody!

Is William a Mary-Sue? No. He's in love with Yumi, remember?

Is his Lyoko form cool? I think so. His outfit doesn't look any stranger than Ulrich's. I admit, the carving knife/sword is a bit much, but they wanted William to be a force on Lyoko, and now he is.

But don't forget, he's been "Xanafied" and the gang are trying to rescue him. William looks different, but that doesn't mean he himself is evil. I think he's proven he has a pretty good heart.

I think Jim is still funny, Taelia, although I agree that the "I'd rather not talk about it" line should be used rarely. As far as being a nuisance and/or a "cruel child hater", I think you might've run off the tracks a bit there.

I think they might have used my voice to background some Xana stuff, I'm not sure, and while we will sometimes do things like cup our hands, normally, the engineer takes care of deforming the voice digitally.

Hope that's helpful, and see you in Kyoko,

David
Cher's Spare Parts offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:30 am

Cher's Spare Parts wrote:Hey everybody!

:*D

Cher's Spare Parts wrote:Is his Lyoko form cool? I think so. His outfit doesn't look any stranger than Ulrich's. I admit, the carving knife/sword is a bit much, but they wanted William to be a force on Lyoko, and now he is.

It's a carving Knife? Great, now all XANA needs to do is turn one of the gang into a really big turkey...
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby . » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:04 am

Cher's Spare Parts wrote:Hey everybody!

Is his Lyoko form cool? I think so. His outfit doesn't look any stranger than Ulrich's. I admit, the carving knife/sword is a bit much, but they wanted William to be a force on Lyoko, and now he is.

But don't forget, he's been "Xanafied" and the gang are trying to rescue him. William looks different, but that doesn't mean he himself is evil. I think he's proven he has a pretty good heart.

I think Jim is still funny, Taelia, although I agree that the "I'd rather not talk about it" line should be used rarely. As far as being a nuisance and/or a "cruel child hater", I think you might've run off the tracks a bit there.

I think they might have used my voice to background some Xana stuff, I'm not sure, and while we will sometimes do things like cup our hands, normally, the engineer takes care of deforming the voice digitally.

Hope that's helpful, and see you in Kyoko,

David

I don't want him to lose that bad guy edge he got toward the end of last season. He did a full heel turn from being annoying and emo to down right maniacle and driven. I became a william fan over the course of one show
. offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby MY85 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:12 am

You have to explain to Gasman what is a heel. These people don't care about that thing we like, lol.

Anyways, I liked to read that Gasman admits that the one Jim line is overused. Now, I would like to hear which of the 3 seasons was the best for him.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Taelia » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:06 am

Oh, David! I missed you so much! :D How have you been, dude? (hug)

*laughs* That's what happens when you focus yourself on fanfics written with friends.

In other news, a few months ago, I celebrated my birthday (jan. 7, 1987 was the day of my sister and my birth). Yes, I'm 20 and lovin' it! :D I also enjoyed Season 3, particularly "Nobody in Particular" and "Lyoko Minus One". Guess Jim's still crushing on Sue. :)

How are things looking from where you are, David? Recording must be tedious for ya, huh?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext