Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

Barbara Weber-Scaff a.k.a. Ulrich Stern (and Kiwi )

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby TB3 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:53 am

AngelBolt wrote:Umm... or if you knew who the Charachter Concept artis was? I really admire their work!

Umm, I could answer those if you like AB.

Question One: Barbara doesn't know any of the animators sadly - the CGI is done in southern France in the city of Angloueme.

Question Two: The character designer is Tania Palumbo, who co-created Garage Kids with Thomas Romain. Tania however stayed on with Antefilms while Thomas left over creative issues during the production of S1.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:43 am

Well, then WHY is he listed in the opening credits for S2 and S3?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:43 pm

Presumeably he still gets credit for designing the characters (or they left him in as a mark of respect).
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Overcaffeinated Sloth » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:44 pm

TB3 wrote:
AngelBolt wrote:Umm... or if you knew who the Charachter Concept artis was? I really admire their work!

Umm, I could answer those if you like AB.

Question One: Barbara doesn't know any of the animators sadly - the CGI is done in southern France in the city of Angloueme.

Question Two: The character designer is Tania Palumbo, who co-created Garage Kids with Thomas Romain. Tania however stayed on with Antefilms while Thomas left over creative issues during the production of S1.

Pwaah... thanx Teebie.

Overcaffeinated Sloth offline

Postby kiwi » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:09 pm

Taelia wrote:Hey, BWS, it's me, Angie. I just wanted to say "long, LONG time no chat" and congratulations on two animated things of coolness:

1. CL season 4
2. Arthur et Les Minimoys (AELITA LOOKALIKE ALERT! AELITA LOOKALIKE ALERT!)

How's your widdle sweetie, Audrey, doing? :) I hope that she too is well.

hey there Taelia,
I'm sorry I havent had time to get to the forum in such a long time, and it was nice to come back and see that no one's forgotten me! the whole time I worked on Arthur and the Minimoys I thought that same thing about Selenia. But I do think it's a coincidence. The drawings by Patrice Garcia of Arthur, Selenia and the whole crew were published even before Code Lyoko came on TV here in France. I think that cute redheads have always been the "thing". How did you like the film, and did you recognize my voice?
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:23 pm

I haven't seen the film yet, dear. But I will get the DVD, just for you. =D I heard that you voiced a character named Mino.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:07 am

Is it even out yet?

Great to see you back here, Barbara.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:12 pm

Also, BWS, congrats on voicing the tiddlywinks lady and the white male agent dude. I KNEW there was a bit of Ulrich in that guy!

Oh, fudge it! The release date for Arthur et les Minimoys has been pushed back to May 15. :arg: :whatever:
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyokogirl_147 » Sat May 05, 2007 6:24 pm

LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEE ULRICH AND KIWI IS AWESOME!!!
Dance Dance Revolution Girl 4 Life
Lyokogirl_147 offline
Teacher's Pet
Teacher's Pet

Postby Vodka's Vengeance » Sat May 05, 2007 6:30 pm

Congratulations!
Hey Rambo, throw me a shotgun!

Vodka's Vengeance offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

I hate to be the Bear of Bad News, Barbara, but...

Postby Taelia » Tue May 15, 2007 6:41 pm

...I just got Arthur and the Minimoys on DVD, and it only has the English version. Your voice is dubbed over by Harvey Keitel. :arg: But the animation is just realistic and beautiful! =D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Malkmusian » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:53 am

kiwi wrote:
Taelia wrote:Hey, BWS, it's me, Angie. I just wanted to say "long, LONG time no chat" and congratulations on two animated things of coolness:

1. CL season 4

hey there Taelia,
I'm sorry I havent had time to get to the forum in such a long time, and it was nice to come back and see that no one's forgotten me! the whole time I worked on Arthur and the Minimoys I thought that same thing about Selenia. But I do think it's a coincidence. The drawings by Patrice Garcia of Arthur, Selenia and the whole crew were published even before Code Lyoko came on TV here in France. I think that cute s have always been the "thing". How did you like the film, and did you recognize my voice?

You worked on "Arthur and the Invisbles" in French? How do you know all of that? Are you French or American? (Don't make mad of me.)
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:09 pm

She's an American living in France. All of them are.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby OddonLyoko » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:21 pm

Taelia wrote:She's an American living in France. All of them are.

now I'm confused, If they are american and living in France and then code Lyoko was origanaly made in France and she VA's for us here in the USA then do they also VA for France as well? :umm: my head hurts....
Image odd is the best!
OddonLyoko offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:52 pm

No. A different cast do the French audio.
ImageImage
---
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:59 pm

Isn't that what I myself was trying to poiint out? :umm:
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:36 pm

To clarify the VA's position.

All of the CL English-dub voice actors are Americans (except for Paul Bandey - Franz - who's English), and as far as I know, all were born and raised in the United States (Matt for example was born in Georgia and Barbara's acted on Broadway), but for various reasons they now live in Paris, doing both French and English roles in animation and video-game dubbing (as an example all of CL's cast with the exception of Mirabelle star in a video-game called 'Indigo Prophecy') as well as a wide range of roles on the stage and silver screen.
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:18 pm

TB3, you hit the nail right on the head.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby OddonLyoko » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:43 pm

thank you, I'm sorry if I got confused over something stupid :no: I'm not verry bright
Image odd is the best!
OddonLyoko offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby kiwi » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:42 pm

Malkmusian wrote:
kiwi wrote:

1. CL season 4

hey there Taelia,
I'm sorry I havent had time to get to the forum in such a long time, and it was nice to come back and see that no one's forgotten me! the whole time I worked on Arthur and the Minimoys I thought that same thing about Selenia. But I do think it's a coincidence. The drawings by Patrice Garcia of Arthur, Selenia and the whole crew were published even before Code Lyoko came on TV here in France. I think that cute s have always been the "thing". How did you like the film, and did you recognize my voice?

You worked on "Arthur and the Invisbles" in French? How do you know all of that? Are you French or American? (Don't make mad of me.)

Yes, I worked on the film in both English and French- my voice for the character Mino was redone by a young US TV star, and I'm sure it was great- it's always good to have real kids do kid's voices when possible. However i had a fabulous time doing the body work for both the Miro and Mino characters as well as coaching the french actors on the set for two years of motion capture sessions. We'll be starting Arthur 2 very soon! And yes, as the others have said, i am indeed American, but I've been living in France a loooong time
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:44 pm

TB3 wrote:To clarify the VA's position.

All of the CL English-dub voice actors are Americans (except for Paul Bandey - Franz - who's English), and as far as I know, all were born and raised in the United States (Matt for example was born in Georgia and Barbara's acted on Broadway), but for various reasons they now live in Paris, doing both French and English roles in animation and video-game dubbing (as an example all of CL's cast with the exception of Mirabelle star in a video-game called 'Indigo Prophecy') as well as a wide range of roles on the stage and silver screen.

You are most definitely the living memory of Code Lyoko, and quite the encyclopedia!!!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Reploid CB » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:48 pm

Hello there Mrs. Weber-Scaff, CBIzumi here (if that name even brings up anything since I can't remember if I've posted in this thread or not xD; ) and given the veryvery recent airing of the Season 4 episode "Crash Course", I couldn't resist the opportunity to ask you something about it ^^ Did you have fun doing Ulrich's lines for the virtualizing Odd scene? 'Cause I gotta say, they sounded awesome. I know a certain other person, beside myself, who also loved the "We've got a whole seafood platter, and William's the lemon" line from later in the episode too XD And on that note, if I may ask, how have you been enjoying recording Season 4 so far?

*taps chin in thought* Hmm... I wonder what DID happen at the pool... *looks plottingly towards her writing program*
(Banner by Mew)

(Click for relevant cutscene xD. Sig and icon by me)

| DeviantArt |

- female - 24 - OxA/JxA/UxY - fanartist - banner maker -
Reploid CB offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:19 pm

Hi, Barbara! =D Taelia here! <3 I am very happy at something Ulrich-y right now. :D

And it's right here, bebeh!:

http://www.codelyoko.fr/upload/files/1183795142_870.jpg
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby kiwi » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:55 pm

Ghost Channel wrote:Hello there Mrs. Weber-Scaff, CBIzumi here (if that name even brings up anything since I can't remember if I've posted in this thread or not xD; ) and given the veryvery recent airing of the Season 4 episode "Crash Course", I couldn't resist the opportunity to ask you something about it ^^ Did you have fun doing Ulrich's lines for the virtualizing Odd scene? 'Cause I gotta say, they sounded awesome. I know a certain other person, beside myself, who also loved the "We've got a whole seafood platter, and William's the lemon" line from later in the episode too XD And on that note, if I may ask, how have you been enjoying recording Season 4 so far?

*taps chin in thought* Hmm... I wonder what DID happen at the pool... *looks plottingly towards her writing program*

I was of course SO psyched to FINALLY get to say the whole "scanner Odd!..etc" sequence...each time someone new gets to say it for the first time we all dance around and congratulate them. I believe it was Yumi that first got to say those lines besides Jeremy...am I right, TB3?
We've been having a great time recording season 4...the only thing that bums me out, probably because I've become a Mom, is William's weapon, which I find ostentatiously and gratuitously violent; I truly am offended by it, and by the way that he devirtualizes everyone- it's like a horror movie for me. On another note, I love Aelita's angel look. :)
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:58 pm

Taelia wrote:Hi, Barbara! =D Taelia here! <3 I am very happy at something Ulrich-y right now. :D

And it's right here, bebeh!:

http://www.codelyoko.fr/upload/files/1183795142_870.jpg

very sweet..I agree!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

PreviousNext