Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:41 am

Barbara Weber-Scaff a.k.a. Ulrich Stern (and Kiwi )

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby MY85 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:30 am

Star Way wrote:The woman who plays Bart Simpson was on the radio once and she was talking about this... I can only think that it must really stink to have to do your job if you have a really sore throat though. >_O

She would be called Nancy Cartwright.

Max Gene wrote:Now THAT would be hilarious... couldn't do that trick at the same time, tho.

That could be a challenge for Sharon... but she can do this: record one of the two first with the same line and then the Engineering Sound Cast for CL remixes and edit them, just to make them go at the same time, now that I think about it.

In the CL spanish version, Jeremie and Aelita have different VA's.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby kiwi » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:34 pm

TB3 wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:XD Aw, that must be awesome to see! ^.^ The only other voice actor I've heard of that voices two characters simultaneously is Kathie Soucie, who does the voices of Phil and Lil on Rugrats.

I wish they'd do a "behind the scenes" featurette for you, and the rest of the CL VAs! ^_^

Peter Cullen, voice of Optimus Prime in the original Transformers cartoon was known for switching between characters instantly (there's a scene in the movie where he has a conversation with himself), and still does at conventions. I still reckon Sharon is the Queen of this skill though from what I've heard (pun intended).

And I agree, a behind-the-scenes featurette would be great. Perhaps Cartoon Network could make one for Season Three - after all they do it for their other shows, as do Disney.
that'd be fun for us, too!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby DL » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:13 pm

that would rock...I can just picture it now...

CL Behind the scenes wrote:Matt swining from the celing singing (probably badly), everyone else cheering him on as he puts a lamp shade on his head. all of this while Sharon is flirting with herself and typing on a computer all while the director is in the fetal position sucking his thumb.

A disembodied voice would then say: These are the geneouses behind the hit show Code: Lyoko. Now let us find out more about them.huh wait sorry this is all they do my bad.

sorry for the lame and already used joke. I coudn't resist

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby DL » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:27 pm

good point. I mean you need to be a bit crazy to play Odd. lol

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Exploder » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:48 pm

Can you relate to Ulrich in any way? Like, do you find that you two share characteristics?
Exploder offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby kiwi » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:36 am

Lyoko Addict wrote:Can you relate to Ulrich in any way? Like, do you find that you two share characteristics?

Oh totally. I am, like Ulrich super athletic, do matial arts and can kick any monsters' butt on earth or on Lyoko...I WISH!!!! Actually I have less in common with Ulrich than with any other character...which is why I love doing his voice!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Blueyedblonde » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:50 pm

kiwi wrote:
Lyoko Addict wrote:Can you relate to Ulrich in any way? Like, do you find that you two share characteristics?

Oh totally. I am, like Ulrich super athletic, do matial arts and can kick any monsters' butt on earth or on Lyoko...I WISH!!!! Actually I have less in common with Ulrich than with any other character...which is why I love doing his voice!

Yea, I can relate. I have like, Nothing in common with him, Yet he's my fav. charactor on the show. Go figure, lol.
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Max Gene » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:42 pm

I'm not athletic at all, but I used to be a total introvert, at times still are, and have trouble with girls.

Actually, one girl.
Max Gene offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

hellllllllllllllllllloooo

Postby Lyoko SA80 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:40 pm

Hello from Scotland. I have been renamed Ulrick of Dundee as I hang out with my friends who are the characters but real .The gang thanks you for been a symbol of hope for us and help us bring back memorys of our years in high school. We are g (yumi) m(ODD) D Jermire) me (ulrick)G sister(Alteria) Thank the rest of the actors and eveyone that puts thier lifes into the show and we all send orther thanks and best wishes into the future of the show and the markers that make the gang feel speiacl

Thank you
Drum lyoko

Fighting for a world without danger

SAFEDGUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lyoko SA80 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Blueyedblonde » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:56 pm

Hello, Again Barbara.

My friend, Angie, Wanted me to tell you that she's a big fan of you, and all of the other VA's. She loves Code: Lyoko, and she's even writting a fanfic about the Lyoko Gang's Children. She cant register here, so she wanted for me to tell you all this. ^.^
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby kiwi » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:23 pm

Max Gene wrote:I'm not athletic at all, but I used to be a total introvert, at times still are, and have trouble with girls.

Actually, one girl.

hmmmm just like Ulrich. And lots of us, for that matter.
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:27 pm

Blueyedblonde wrote:Hello, Again Barbara.

My friend, Angie, Wanted me to tell you that she's a big fan of you, and all of the other VA's. She loves Code: Lyoko, and she's even writting a fanfic about the Lyoko Gang's Children. She cant register here, so she wanted for me to tell you all this. ^.^

hey tell angie it's a shame she can't register, but that she's got a big hello from me! Who are the Lyoko Gang's children? If Ulrich, alias me, is part of the Lyoko gang, then she might call one of the children Audrey, because my newborn daughter's named audrey!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Blueyedblonde » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:11 pm

kiwi wrote:

hey tell angie it's a shame she can't register, but that she's got a big hello from me! Who are the Lyoko Gang's children? If Ulrich, alias me, is part of the Lyoko gang, then she might call one of the children Audrey, because my newborn daughter's named audrey!

She said that the daughtor of Ulrich and Yumi's name is, Mei-Lin. But now she's going to add in a sister for her, Named Audrey. ;)

Hey, Can you tell me what you think of this picture I drew? It's of Ulrich & Yumi. ^.^

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/25323732/
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby kiwi » Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:57 pm

Blueyedblonde wrote:
kiwi wrote:

She said that the daughtor of Ulrich and Yumi's name is, Mei-Lin. But now she's going to add in a sister for her, Named Audrey. ;)

Hey, Can you tell me what you think of this picture I drew? It's of Ulrich & Yumi. ^.^

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/25323732/

It's adorable. Ulrich looks as if the kiss kind of came as a surprise, which I think might have to happen if those two are EVER going to get together! I think the towers either turn blue or green when they are deactivated, of course red is an activated tower, as we all know... and thanks to Angie for creating a character named Audrey!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:00 pm

Oh and I forgot to ask, why does Ulrich and Yumi's daughter have a chinese name? Do they move to China? And does the name mean something?
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Blueyedblonde » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:44 pm

kiwi wrote:Oh and I forgot to ask, why does Ulrich and Yumi's daughter have a chinese name? Do they move to China? And does the name mean something?

She say's this back to you:

"I planned on the girl being named Mei-Lin, but since her mother is Japanese, what do you think?"

And, thanks for looking at my picture! ^.^ They really do need to kiss one of these days. *_*
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby kiwi » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:38 pm

Blueyedblonde wrote:
kiwi wrote:Oh and I forgot to ask, why does Ulrich and Yumi's daughter have a chinese name? Do they move to China? And does the name mean something?

She say's this back to you:

"I planned on the girl being named Mei-Lin, but since her mother is Japanese, what do you think?"

And, thanks for looking at my picture! ^.^ They really do need to kiss one of these days. *_*

since Yumi's always a bit touchy about being mistaken for a chinese girl, perhaps a Japanese name might make more sense. Mei-Lin is a pretty name though. If you expalined in the plot why they named their daughter a chinese name it could work in the story. However if you decide to change it, some of my japanese girlfriends names: Takako, Tomiko, Sadako, Rumi, Rei, Reiko, Michiko, Midori, and Keiko... I have no idea what they mean, tho', either!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby SamBlob » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:07 pm

I get the feeling, though, that if Ulrich and Yumi were to have a daughter, they'd name her "Aelita"...
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby kiwi » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:25 am

SamBlob wrote:I get the feeling, though, that if Ulrich and Yumi were to have a daughter, they'd name her "Aelita"...

you do? I guess she'd be the godmother then. I wouldn't name my kid after my friend tho.
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:06 pm

Hi Barbara!

It's me, Angie! I'm finally in!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Odd22 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:37 pm

I wouldnt either, maybe after the mother but not a friend itaht would be scary
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers moved on to rap, Put this in your profile if you're part of the 8% who stayed with rock
Odd22 offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby DL » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:51 pm

kiwi wrote:
Blueyedblonde wrote:hey tell angie it's a shame she can't register, but that she's got a big hello from me! Who are the Lyoko Gang's children? If Ulrich, alias me, is part of the Lyoko gang, then she might call one of the children Audrey, because my newborn daughter's named audrey!

congratulations! :D :D

DL offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Blueyedblonde » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:00 pm

I dont know if i'd name my child after a friend. I know my friend would love it, but it would get pretty confusing. And probably frustrating for my friend and my kid. ^.^
Blueyedblonde offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby SamBlob » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:11 pm

A pregnant young wife from a wealthy Boston family decided to name her daughter "Juanita" after her favourite aunt. But she had a son, so she called him "Juan" instead.

Being a rich Anglo from Boston, young Juan rather disliked his name and referred to himself as "Terry" instead (middle name, maybe?)

But when he was forging his international airline with flying boats throughout the Caribbean and Latin America, he reverted to his first name, which the Latin Americans found more trustworthy.

And such began the legend of Juan Trippe, founder of Pan American World Airways...
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext