Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:37 am

Barbara Weber-Scaff a.k.a. Ulrich Stern (and Kiwi )

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby IshiyamaYumi » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:39 am

kiwi wrote:
IshiyamaYumi wrote:Hi Barbara, how are you? I would just like to tell you how great of a job you have done on your voice acting. It is amazing how much control you have of your voice and how you are able to make a variety of voices that you can make and how you can communicate a large range of emotions using your voice. When ever I act my voice goes funny and I rely heavily on body language. I was wondering if when you are having spare time do you and the other voice actors ever make up funny situations and acting them in the voices of the code lyoko characters just for fun and something to do?

Hi I.Y., that's a really nice question! Well we don't actually have that much time to just joke around, especially at the studio, because every minute counts...but there have been times when at lunch break someone will make a joke in the voice of a character...it's very rare though. We are all actually happy to take a break from doing the character's voices, and just be ourselves. then when we get back to work we're refreshed and happy to "become" our characters again.
It takes awhile to really become at ease with one's voice and body when starting out in acting...that's why taking classes are so important. Practise really helps.
Thanks for writing!

Thankyou so much for replying! Also, I was wondering if you know if CL has had DVD’s of season 4 released in Australia because I get really sick of watching them live from America at 1 am with it starting and stopping all of the time. I also just finished watching “A lack of good will”. I loved that Odd wanted to take Kiwi to Lyoko with him, it was funny watching Odd acting like Kiwi! It was very interesting to see how good Ulrich is getting at translating “Jeremie talk” as well, he seams to be getting smarter and smarter, even if he’s grades don’t show it ^_^. Also, would you mind if I PMed you? Thankyou again for relying, I know that you must be really busy!
Yumi
(PS, do you know if there is going to be a fifth season of CL?)
IshiyamaYumi offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby kiwi » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:10 pm

Taelia wrote:C'mon, we can't let CL end now, Barbara!

i wish it were up to me! ;)
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:12 pm

TB3 wrote:
kiwi wrote:
TB3 wrote:Hi Barbara - good to see you again - how's things been these past few months? :)

Great!! SO much work, Audrey's great, and Paris, is, at least today, sunny! Nice to hear from you! when the docu coming out? :)

Well with luck October 9th, the day in the show that Jeremie discovered the supercomputer - that's if my computer comes back from being repaired OK (adware's gotten embedded into Windows Explorer, and then it all goes haywire - kinda imagine all those times Jeremie makes an error with the supercomputer ;) ).

Glad to hear Audrey's well and the weather's clement - how much longer do you guys have left working on the show, and are you recording dialogue for the Nintendo Wii game 'Code: Lyoko Quest for Infinity', cos I've been planning nasty letters for the game manufacturers if you're not hired (wink).

:)

We definitely did do voices for a video game: I can only assume it was that one.
Don't know how much longer we have, doc...the end may be nigh!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:16 pm

IshiyamaYumi wrote:
kiwi wrote:
IshiyamaYumi wrote:Hi Barbara, how are you? I would just like to tell you how great of a job you have done on your voice acting. It is amazing how much control you have of your voice and how you are able to make a variety of voices that you can make and how you can communicate a large range of emotions using your voice. When ever I act my voice goes funny and I rely heavily on body language. I was wondering if when you are having spare time do you and the other voice actors ever make up funny situations and acting them in the voices of the code lyoko characters just for fun and something to do?

Hi I.Y., that's a really nice question! Well we don't actually have that much time to just joke around, especially at the studio, because every minute counts...but there have been times when at lunch break someone will make a joke in the voice of a character...it's very rare though. We are all actually happy to take a break from doing the character's voices, and just be ourselves. then when we get back to work we're refreshed and happy to "become" our characters again.
It takes awhile to really become at ease with one's voice and body when starting out in acting...that's why taking classes are so important. Practise really helps.
Thanks for writing!

Thankyou so much for replying! Also, I was wondering if you know if CL has had DVD’s of season 4 released in Australia because I get really sick of watching them live from America at 1 am with it starting and stopping all of the time. I also just finished watching “A lack of good will”. I loved that Odd wanted to take Kiwi to Lyoko with him, it was funny watching Odd acting like Kiwi! It was very interesting to see how good Ulrich is getting at translating “Jeremie talk” as well, he seams to be getting smarter and smarter, even if he’s grades don’t show it ^_^. Also, would you mind if I PMed you? Thankyou again for relying, I know that you must be really busy!
Yumi
(PS, do you know if there is going to be a fifth season of CL?)

I think you coud perhaps ask a site administrator about season 4 DVD's, but as we're not finished recording the season, I doubt that they've put out a DVD yet!
We know no more than you do about a fifth season...however, if enough fans write to Moonscoop, perhaps they would consider it!
Please go right ahead and PM me...it may take me awhile to answer, but ask TB3, I always do in the end!
Barbara
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:57 pm

I sure hope so. There are so many unanswered CL character questions, like why Ulrich's mom and dad are so snippy. ;)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby kiwi » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:03 pm

Taelia wrote:I sure hope so. There are so many unanswered CL character questions, like why Ulrich's mom and dad are so snippy. ;)

i'm not sure we could base a whole 5th season around that question! ;)
but I too wish I knew the answer to that one...
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:28 pm

;) 'Cause you voice little Ulrich. ;)

France 3 has already agreed to finance it. :D And I AM HOPING for some UlrichYumi action. :D :D :D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:30 pm

You DO remember the Y7 rating, right, Taelia?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:45 pm

Yes. By "action", I meant quick things like kisses.

Questions, what is Code Lyoko without the characters we love?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:19 am

*nod* You're actually voicing the same fears I have. Too violent a cast change could kill the show.

Anyway, back on topic.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:23 pm

Barbara, I liked your impression of Kiwi. He's such a cute widdle diggity-doggie. When do we get to hear you voice Ultich and Tammy (Tamiya) next?
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:49 pm

So Barbara, a non CN-related question, if you will. :P
What kind of music are you into? Me, personally, any kind of music with a beat and/or gives me a headache, with the exclusion of rap. Rap, in my opinion, is a very degenerate and pathetic form of music. It is said that music is an expression of one's self. So what does rap express? The steady degeneration & de-evolution of the majority of Today's society? But I digress...

Peace. :peace: ~ Kamekai
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:56 pm

I really enjoyed "Canine Conundrum", Barbara. Kudos to everyone, especially David Gasman and Matthew Geczy. I think David did an amazing job. That makes five S4 episodes I love so far. You guys are doing great. Keep up the good work and here's hoping for S5.

I cannot believe they fired Mr. Mouscadet though. ;__;
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Mewberries151 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:36 am

Taelia wrote:I really enjoyed "Canine Conundrum", Barbara. Kudos to everyone, especially David Gasman and Matthew Geczy. I think David did an amazing job. That makes five S4 episodes I love so far. You guys are doing great. Keep up the good work and here's hoping for S5.

I cannot believe they fired Mr. Mouscadet though. ;__;

Taelia, for the last time, no one was fired. Their contracts simply expired. Contracts can be renewed. ^^;

If they decide to do a 5th season, it is entirely possible that they will contact Mr. Mouscadet to negotiate a new contract.

Remember, he has to eat, and he also might have his own creative project that he'd like to work on, now that the current CL storyline has wrapped up. After all, we wouldn't want him to be constricted creatively...nor be able to pay his bills? Right?

...Also, please don't trouble the VAs regarding contracts, both amongst themselves or other members of the CL team, unless they've already said they're okay to talk about it. We don't want to risk getting them in trouble with any outside companies.

Thank you.

Incidentally, Barbara, I would also like to send my congratulations on the wonderful job (as always) with Ulrich, Kiwi, Hiroki, and the rest of the characters you voice. All of them, particularly the aforementioned 3, have been absolutely adorable, funny, and just plain awesome. ^.^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:14 pm

Taelia, for the last time, no one was fired. Their contracts simply expired. Contracts can be renewed. ^^;

If they decide to do a 5th season, it is entirely possible that they will contact Mr. Mouscadet to negotiate a new contract.

Remember, he has to eat, and he also might have his own creative project that he'd like to work on, now that the current CL storyline has wrapped up. After all, we wouldn't want him to be constricted creatively...nor be able to pay his bills? Right?

...Also, please don't trouble the VAs regarding contracts, both amongst themselves or other members of the CL team, unless they've already said they're okay to talk about it. We don't want to risk getting them in trouble with any outside companies.

Thank you.

Okay, Mew, I am terribly sorry. :( I always make mistakes.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Barbara

Postby Shadowmask » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:59 pm

Hey barbara im Ulrichs biggest fan lol probly not but o well.
I was just wondering do u do autographs?
Rawr Ulrich is awesoming :P
Shadowmask offline
New Kid
New Kid

Re: Barbara

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:14 am

Shadowmask wrote:Hey barbara im Ulrichs biggest fan lol probly not but o well.

Hey there, I noticed you're new to the forum.

Why don't you make a thread for yourself at Newbies and introduce yourself formally to everyone? It's a great way to gain some new friends and to also tell us a little bit about yourself. ^_^

Also, might I suggest taking a peak at the rules we have at LF? There's a couple that are unique here, particularly ones involving spelling and grammar that you might want to make sure you know. ;)
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry

Postby Shadowmask » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:53 am

Ok thanks for the tips :)

Hey sorry,
I just read the rules then so im sorry about my "internet chat" I guess I could say.
And Thankyou :P

<i>Posts merged by Mewberries151: Please don't double post. Thank you.</i>
Rawr Ulrich is awesoming :P
Shadowmask offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby IshiyamaYumi » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:09 am

Hey Barbara
Awsome job on Kiwi and Hiroki and Ulrich in "A Space Oddity" It was so entertaining to hear Hiroki running around after kiwi and even more entertaining to visulise in my head you swiching from Kiwi to Hiroki in a split second! Keep the great work up as you always do!
IY

Shadowmask wrote:Hey barbara im Ulrichs biggest fan lol probly not but o well.

If so, can you sign me up for autographs to please?
IshiyamaYumi offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby Jeremified » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:54 pm

I hereby dub this thread the most viewed thread in LyokoFreak history.

Anyway, I have a very quick question for you: Are the new English episodes not running yet because they want to release them weekly (or so), or are you not yet done with the voice acting for those episodes?
thank you all for the good memories <3
Jeremified offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Taelia » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:34 am

I must say, Barbara, you look awesome in the documentary so far. I like your real-life voice. You kinda sound like Ulrich. :)It's a good thing, also, that Ulrich and Yumi promise to grow their relationship a bit more in the final episode of S4.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Lyoko SA80 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:35 pm

Merry christmas Sharon .Hope you with your family during christmas dinner lol

Fighting for a world without danger

SAFEDGUARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lyoko SA80 offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Oddfan100 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:39 pm

Hi Barbara! Its great to meet you. Ulrich is my second favorite character but right now I can't chose who I like more, Odd or Ulrich, but I also love Kiwi. Its neat that you can act like him. I'm also a dog fan. Its great talking to you.
Oddfan100 offline
New Kid
New Kid

Location: Watching MBC( I know, like the show -_-) or on Youtube

Postby emoBillâ„¢ » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:47 pm

kiwi wrote:i'm not sure we could base a whole 5th season around that question! ;)
but I too wish I knew the answer to that one...

Oh yes we could! Ulrich's dad is just not nice.

Hi Ms. Ulrich! LOL. Hope you have a good time here (even though it's been like years since you started). I like Ulrich...he's just not one of my fav characters considering his insecurities and how he runs back to Yumi/Sissi whenever the other one makes him mad. But he's cute anyway *smile*

So...how are you doing on this fine, lovely day?
___________________Image
emoBillâ„¢ offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby lyokofanforever » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi Barbara!!! I can't believe that you joined forum! I love Ulrich, he is my favorite character <3
William=XANA
lyokofanforever offline
New Kid
New Kid

PreviousNext