Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 pm

Barbara Weber-Scaff a.k.a. Ulrich Stern (and Kiwi )

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby kiwi » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:42 pm

Max Gene wrote:Hi, Ms. Weber Scaff! Ulrich is like me... except with those glaring differences...

oh heck, I need to stop always trying to put myself in a CL person's shoes- I'm all of the guys at once.

Zo' then... how is you? Everything good? And how did you get the job of Ulrich, if I may ask? Cuz' you're amazing- you do Kiwi's sounds too? Because no, I can't imitate a dog (unfortunately). :whatever: :D :*D

thanks max for the compliment! Actually, to get the part of Ulrich, I auditioned! Just like we all did. I originally went out for the part of Jeremy! And I had a cold and my voice was really scratchy and that's what they ended up liking for Ulrich. I'm really happy to be playing him. It's the first time in my life I've ever gotten to be super cool.
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:44 pm

xSyntheticRain wrote:Hello! I *LOVE* season 2, and ulrich is my favorite character.

I don't really know what else to say. ^^;;

Have a good day! :)

THANKS!
ubws/kiwi
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:46 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:
kiwi wrote:Have you seen Vertigo yet? Ulrich's not out of the woods yet...

XD Yes, indeed! Quite literally too, might I add. ;)

You were great as Ulrich in "Vertigo"! :D Just out of curiousity, since you do Kiwi's voice, do you also do the voices of the wolves as well this season?

no I didn't do the wolves, I think they just used sound effects. I'm glad kiwi didn't have to face off to those wolves, with Ulrich it was bad enough!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:50 pm

lyokodude wrote:Whats up with Ulrich's parents in that episode we hardly got any info on them from that episode

Ulrich's parents don't show up in season 2. It's kind of a bumer, they don't show up much in his life in general... I get the feeling that they sort of farmed him off to boarding school because they're too busy and self involved to really get to know their son...but all that just subtext that I'm adding... 'cause it's fun
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:54 pm

Mandaz wrote:Awwh, i still got to see Vertigo, well i'm downloadin it now, but porr ulrich, at the beginnin with the height. I'm afraid of heights.
Great job on ulrich n' Kiwi in season2.
Ps i did picture for you which can be found on my main page at DA:
here: http://pandamanda.deviantart.com/

the ulrich wall is great! thanks ! I didn't used to be afraid of heights, infact I once thought I'd enjoy skydiving... that's changed alot, especially since I became a mom!!!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:56 pm

Star warrior wrote:For me It be preety hard to play a boy because Ulrich's voice is deep not all the way but just a little. But is it hard?

It's not hard per say, I just have to get into it and then have the concentration not to change once I'm in character... the brilliant one for that is Sharon, the way she jumps between Jeremie and Aelita- even on the same track!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:03 pm

Blueyedblonde wrote:Hello! :hello:
Ulrich is my fav. charactor on the show.
I think it's totally awsome that most of the people that do voices on Code: Lyoko are on this very shrine.
I think seeing you on here was the best surprise, because I love Ulrich very much.
I just recently learned that you were a girl. I was wondering, is it hard to play the voice of a boy? And you do a terrific job of it! ^,^

Besides Your charactors, what charactor would say is your favorite?

:hello: hey there, thanks so much for the nice note! Does it bother you that the voice of Ulrich is done by a girl? It's not too hard to play the voice of a boy, especially when you get to see the animation and can play off it.
Npt surprisingly my favourite character besides Ulrich is... Yumi of course!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:08 pm

Mewberries151 wrote:Ms. Weber-Scaff, this is far overdue, but I must give you a round of applause for your performance in "Cold War". I have never been so touched by an episode as I was by that one, particularly at the climax. ;) It was positively beautiful! ^.^ Bravo!

thank you so much for the compliment.coming from you, It means alot. It's fabulous for us to have you guys appreciate our work... I also think that cold war was a very good episode, different from the others, and very touching. We all sometimes let ourselves get really affected by what's happening ;__;
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:10 pm

SamBlob wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:Ms. Weber-Scaff, this is far overdue, but I must give you a round of applause for your performance in "Cold War". I have never been so touched by an episode as I was by that one, particularly at the climax. ;) It was positively beautiful! ^.^ Bravo!

Indeed! Especially your last line before the RTTP!

thanks. Yo Sam blob, are you liking Season 2 better now?
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:13 pm

TB3 wrote:
kiwi wrote: I originally went out for the part of Jeremy! And I had a cold and my voice was really scratchy and that's what they ended up liking for Ulrich. I'm really happy to be playing him. It's the first time in my life I've ever gotten to be super cool.

Weird how that worked out - seems like the common cold won you a job! :)
LOL - imagine if you got the role of Jeremie - him speaking and 'Ulrich's' voice coming out.

yeah, but then, it would BE Jeremie's voice.. and Ulrich would've been somebody different and no one would have ever known what they were really supposed to sound like... right?
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Re: monopoly

Postby MY85 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:26 pm

kiwi wrote:dear RoDr..
I think I'd alternate, one time kiwi, one time ulrich... of not, then definitley ulrich, kiwi would just want to pee on the little red hotels.
kiwi/ubws

Hahaha... although, I could picture Kiwi wanting to pee on the Lyoko towers. Thanks for liking my idea, I appreciate that you saw the Monopoly thread.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Mewberries151 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:24 pm

kiwi wrote:

thank you so much for the compliment.coming from you, It means alot. It's fabulous for us to have you guys appreciate our work... I also think that cold war was a very good episode, different from the others, and very touching. We all sometimes let ourselves get really affected by what's happening ;__;

Aww, you're most welcome!

And might I add that Ulrich was particularly adorable in "Tip Top Shape". His whole battle scene in Lyoko, and his lines to Yumi were so cute. "What monsters?" And it was so innocent sounding too! :D Fantastic!

Oh and thank you very much for answering my question about the wolves in "Vertigo". ^^; I'm glad Kiwi didn't have to face off against them either. Or Ulrich and Kiwi fighting them together. XD Wouldn't that have been something? ^.^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:00 am

We still haven't seen Kiwi's Lyoko Mode, you know. Personally, I'm imagining something like Battle Cat from He-Man.

OverWolf?
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby kiwi » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:04 am

Cassius335 wrote:We still haven't seen Kiwi's Lyoko Mode, you know. Personally, I'm imagining something like Battle Cat from He-Man.

OverWolf?

oh yes definitely gotta talk 2 the writers about putting kiwi on Lyoko- tho he is on Odd's T-shirt already... what would his weapon be? I hate to think...
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Star Way » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:46 pm

Weapon: Teeth *gnash gnash*
Special power: Sonic Bark! Makes enemies implode! Hehe...

He would also have a cape. Oh yes.
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:50 pm

Star Way wrote:He would also have a cape. Oh yes.

If Odd can have Kiwi on his Lyoko outfit chest, why not Kiwi having Odd's face on the cape?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby YDV » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:01 pm

That'd be SWEET! *starts drawing a pic of Lyoko Kiwi*
BEHHHH
YDV offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby *Star* Gazer » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:04 pm

:rofl: XD XD :rofl: XD XD :rofl:
*Star* Gazer offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Location: The classic "RIGHT BEHIND YOU". In my case, "INSIDE YOU."

Postby SamBlob » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:33 pm

kiwi wrote:
SamBlob wrote:

Indeed! Especially your last line before the RTTP!

thanks. Yo Sam blob, are you liking Season 2 better now?

YESSS!!!! :D :D :D "Vertigo" "Cold War", and "A Bad Turn" were GREAT! XANA back to his old bad self! And Aelita being her *new* bad self! Evel Knievel! (with Evel Knievel-style landing too, unfortuantely...) I don't know if you were there to see Aelita crash your Overbike...O_o
My LF family:
Mother: StarWay
FairlyOddSister: CBIzumi
Awesome little sister: Mewberries151
Big sister with whom I often quarrel: Linii-chan
Mad scientist little brother: X1
Favourite cousin: Ransomed_Heart
Keeper of heraldic arms: Doggiegal (actually, I do my own coat of arms now...)

all welcome in Room#420
SamBlob offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:47 am

kiwi wrote:
Cassius335 wrote:We still haven't seen Kiwi's Lyoko Mode, you know. Personally, I'm imagining something like Battle Cat from He-Man.

OverWolf?

oh yes definitely gotta talk 2 the writers about putting kiwi on Lyoko- tho he is on Odd's T-shirt already... what would his weapon be? I hate to think...

Tooth and Claw. What other weapons does a Giant Wolf need?

What I was thinking was... What if the OverWolf held special weapons for the kids that, when used, allow them to assume more powerful Modes for a minute (at most)?

(EDIT: Sonic Bark? Interesting. And I like the idea of OverWolf having Odd's face on him somewhere, though capes went out of fashion already)
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby DarkestSoul X21 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:13 am

hey, if you want to send me an e-mail then you can Barbara
DarkestSoul X21 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Star Way » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:27 pm

Don't count on it, okay lyokodude? The VAs are busy people...
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby Max Gene » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:04 pm

I think we'd all love to see Kiwi as some sort of beast fighter- maybe Jeremie could come up with a program to translate his barking into words? Hardly realistic, but it would rock to give him the ability to talk... wonder what he'd say?
Max Gene offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby kiwi » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:21 pm

Max Gene wrote:I think we'd all love to see Kiwi as some sort of beast fighter- maybe Jeremie could come up with a program to translate his barking into words? Hardly realistic, but it would rock to give him the ability to talk... wonder what he'd say?

I think he'd speak english with a thick French accent, like, woouf woouf. and I think he'd have quite a bit to say to Yumi about what Ulrich says in his sleep... ;)
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

PreviousNext