Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 am

Barbara Weber-Scaff a.k.a. Ulrich Stern (and Kiwi )

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Odd22 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:09 pm

i used to watch xfiles but i dont watch must tv lately except for cl and criminal minds
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers moved on to rap, Put this in your profile if you're part of the 8% who stayed with rock
Odd22 offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Cassius335 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:53 am

kiwi wrote:The sound bite thing is no big deal, it's just that I wouldn't be able to get it together to do it, that's all :)

Which is fine. A bit dissapointing, but fine.

Honestly StarWay, give us some credit...
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Odd22 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:24 pm

i wish i was a va
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers moved on to rap, Put this in your profile if you're part of the 8% who stayed with rock
Odd22 offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby kiwi » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:40 pm

Max Gene wrote:Yeah... I just asked if it was possible, not really... anyway, what happens if you get a cold or something? Are you able to work around that and record anyways?

well I'm kind of lucky in that I got cast for the part of Ulrich a day I had a cold! They liked the scratchiness in my voice. so I just have to kind of keep it there when we record. But we have to go ahead with the episodes even if we have laryngitis! You may someday hear on one of the episodes somebody that had a pretty heavy duty case of that. But you know, it's like in real life, characters can have colds and stuffy noses sometimes.
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:43 pm

Star Way wrote:
kiwi wrote:
odd22 wrote:hey barbra i was wondering if u are really into this ulrich and yumi realathion ship, not in a real life way but i am sure u know what i mean

i'm not exactly sure i do know what you mean, but I 'd like, just as much as everyone, t o see Yumi and Ulrich clarify things a bit...or not, since it keeps us all guessing in a Scully and Mulder kind of way. ;)

I suppose this is a silly question and will not bring any benefit to anyone else on the forum except for me, but are you an X-Files fan? Because if you are.... you will gain many cool points from me. :P XF is my first favorite show, then CL.

oooh yeah, well I USED to be anyway. I was a total X-files fan in its heyday; at least til Mulder left, tho' I'm a fan of gillian anderson in a big way. I even used to watch it dubbed in French because I couldn't bear to miss an episode.
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Odd22 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:47 pm

you have laringytis
Odd22 offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Star Way » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:26 pm

kiwi wrote:
Star Way wrote:
kiwi wrote:
odd22 wrote:hey barbra i was wondering if u are really into this ulrich and yumi realathion ship, not in a real life way but i am sure u know what i mean

i'm not exactly sure i do know what you mean, but I 'd like, just as much as everyone, t o see Yumi and Ulrich clarify things a bit...or not, since it keeps us all guessing in a Scully and Mulder kind of way. ;)

I suppose this is a silly question and will not bring any benefit to anyone else on the forum except for me, but are you an X-Files fan? Because if you are.... you will gain many cool points from me. :P XF is my first favorite show, then CL.

oooh yeah, well I USED to be anyway. I was a total X-files fan in its heyday; at least til Mulder left, tho' I'm a fan of gillian anderson in a big way. I even used to watch it dubbed in French because I couldn't bear to miss an episode.

A lot of people felt that way when David (Duchovny) left the show... It just wasn't the same with only one of the agents there (even though Scully's a totally gorgeous and kick-butt chick.) But even though he left in season 7/8ish I still like the first five seasons best... I can't explain why. I can only say that I feel like it lost a certain element that I loved when they moved the show from Vancouver to LA. Too bad.

*should be quiet*
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:30 pm

kiwi wrote:
Max Gene wrote:Yeah... I just asked if it was possible, not really... anyway, what happens if you get a cold or something? Are you able to work around that and record anyways?

well I'm kind of lucky in that I got cast for the part of Ulrich a day I had a cold! They liked the scratchiness in my voice. so I just have to kind of keep it there when we record. But we have to go ahead with the episodes even if we have laryngitis! You may someday hear on one of the episodes somebody that had a pretty heavy duty case of that. But you know, it's like in real life, characters can have colds and stuffy noses sometimes.

Oh, interesting... stupid question, but did you or any of the VA's had a cold or any other desease while recording Cold War?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Odd22 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:39 pm

no i am sure the just had the tempature in the 30s to have the va's really think they were there
Odd22 offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Max Gene » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:41 pm

I think they just got mad skillz....
Max Gene offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

Postby kiwi » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:31 pm

odd22 wrote:you have laringytis

not cronic layngitis, but I had a scratchy voice and a cold the day I auditioned for Ulrich. I don't have it now tho'
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:35 pm

Oh, interesting... stupid question, but did you or any of the VA's had a cold or any other desease while recording Cold War?[/quote]
Not me, in any case I can't speak for the others, what kind of diseases do you MEAN????
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby MY85 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:46 pm

kiwi wrote:
RoDrInCuBuS wrote:Oh, interesting... stupid question, but did you or any of the VA's had a cold or any other desease while recording Cold War?

Not me, in any case I can't speak for the others, what kind of diseases do you MEAN????

Any kind, like a cold o something that could affect your voices.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby Odd22 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:53 pm

like cold, flu, laringytis, bronchitis relly anything i think he means
Odd22 offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby kiwi » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:55 pm

odd22 wrote:like cold, flu, laringytis, bronchitis relly anything i think he means

Well we do the episodes anyway even if we do get sick. You may hear it in one or two of the coming episodes that one of us had a cold. It's hard to pick up, tho, since we do all we can to hide it.
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Odd22 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:19 pm

lol i wanna hear matt with a cold
Odd22 offline
Lyoko Team Member
Lyoko Team Member

Postby Star Way » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:14 pm

The woman who plays Bart Simpson was on the radio once and she was talking about this... I can only think that it must really stink to have to do your job if you have a really sore throat though. >_O
Don't bother sending me messages or anything, I'm not in charge of the site anymore.

But I do love dancing.
Star Way offline
Founder & Site Admin
Founder & Site Admin

Postby MG » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:48 pm

odd22 wrote:lol i wanna hear matt with a cold

It wasn't me with the cold.

MG offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Dylan0513 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:20 pm

Was it Sharon? Then two characters would sound different.
This use has been banned.

Dylan0513 offline
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

Postby kiwi » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:06 pm

Dylan0513 wrote:Was it Sharon? Then two characters would sound different.

they already sound totally different, don't they? we get such a kick from hearing her talk to herself.
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:10 pm

Star Way wrote:The woman who plays Bart Simpson was on the radio once and she was talking about this... I can only think that it must really stink to have to do your job if you have a really sore throat though. >_O

it's pretty tough, especially when your whole identity is based on your voice. I once got terrible laryngitis when I was doing a musical, and didn't have an undersudy yet...what a nightmare having to squeak through my songs and then sneak out the back door from embarrassment 'cause it sounded so bad!!!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Mewberries151 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:43 pm

kiwi wrote:

they already sound totally different, don't they? we get such a kick from hearing her talk to herself.

XD Aw, that must be awesome to see! ^.^ The only other voice actor I've heard of that voices two characters simultaneously is Kathie Soucie, who does the voices of Phil and Lil on Rugrats. I once saw a "behind the scenes" featurette where they showed her voicing an arguement between Phil and Lil, and I was amazed to see her voice the two of them by just switching back and forth. That is truly a talent! :D

I wish they'd do a "behind the scenes" featurette for you, and the rest of the CL VAs! ^_^
"Hey, make up your mind. Am I a genius or a creep?"
"You're a creepy genius."

-Odd and Jeremie; "Cruel Dilemma", Code Lyoko

Icon made by boxofdoomage @ LJ

Mewberries151 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MY85 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:49 pm

kiwi wrote:

It would seem more interesting to hear Jeremie and Aelita speak the same word at the same time. It would be such an interesting challenge.

Jeremie: All I know is that...
Aelita: Jeremie, I really wanted to tell you that...
Both, at the same time: I love you.
(Then comes some make-out session)
MY85 offline

Postby Max Gene » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:21 pm

Now THAT would be hilarious... couldn't do that trick at the same time, tho.
Max Gene offline
Popular Kid
Popular Kid

PreviousNext