Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:37 am

Barbara Weber-Scaff a.k.a. Ulrich Stern (and Kiwi )

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby Taelia » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:41 pm

Yay! <3

Season 4 is shaping up rather oddly in my opinion, I didn't like "I'd Rather Not Talk About It".
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:15 pm

kiwi wrote:In any case, as soon as I get back to Paris (the same day I arrive!) Ill be in the studio to record two new episodes for y'all... :D

How many do you have left to record, If I may ask?

Taelia wrote:Yay! <3

Season 4 is shaping up rather oddly in my opinion, I didn't like "I'd Rather Not Talk About It".

Yes, dear, we know. They're only allowed to do NICE Commando training. With tea and buttered croissants, made with love...

Seriously, please drop it already. Please?
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Movie-Man » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:03 pm

So Barbara, how things going with you?
"Return to the past now!"-Jeremy
Movie-Man offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby ginolyoko12 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:42 am

kiwi wrote:
ginolyoko12 wrote:
kiwi wrote:
ginolyoko12 wrote:Hi Barbara!
I live in France too and my name Gino-Ulrich
(Not gonna put my last name and middle name for safety purposes)

Anyways,I think Ulrich is the best character in Code Lyoko.

But one question.What are your favorite top 3 episodes and it can be in any season.

~Season 4 rules!

I really liked "Cold War", also the episode where Yumi and Odd change bodies, and of course, the one when Kiwi speaks in Ulrich's voice cause Ulrich is a ghost! Those were so much fun to record..but we always have a great time.

Cool!
Season 4 has got to be the best season.
That was funny when Ulrich's mind and body were seperated in Season 3My favorite line.

"Who's the good looking man?"

I wish I could visit you guys at moonscoop but I have no clue where the studio is.

Anyways,keep up the good work Barbara!
(Dont let Matt get Odd on you!lol)

Thanks! Matt is always Odd with us!! :D

Ms.Weber-Scaff,is it ok if I can PM you?
My real name is Johnathan Ulrich Gino Dela-Cruz
But call me Gino for short :D
I'm 17!
ginolyoko12 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

Postby kiwi » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:05 am

Movie-Man wrote:So Barbara, how things going with you?

great, thanks...still on holiday! :)
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:06 am

Ms.Weber-Scaff,is it ok if I can PM you?[/quote]

sure!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:28 am

I really enjoyed "The Lake", Barbara. Kudos to you all, especially Mirabelle, Jodi, and David. I have a lot of good things to say about this ep, filler or not.
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:49 am

Agreed, The Lake is the first 10/10 episode IMO the whole season so far. Amazing job everyone on the CL staff did there. I hope the next one is just as good. ^^;
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Malkmusian » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:06 am

Hey, Barbara. Sorry to be off-topic, but have you ever seen Tommy Boy?
The creator, Carth, had never experienced autism until she read my story.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Kamekai » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:23 am

That's not off topic, this is a VA thread, and you're asking the VA's a question. ^^;
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby kiwi » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:32 pm

General Marriott Suites wrote:Hey, Barbara. Sorry to be off-topic, but have you ever seen Tommy Boy?

Nope :no: What is it? Or rather, who is he?
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:34 pm

"The Lake" was awesome! Kudos to everyone! <3
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby kiwi » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:51 pm

Taelia wrote:"The Lake" was awesome! Kudos to everyone! <3

Thanks! I'll pass it on. :D
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Malkmusian » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:06 pm

Barbara, Tommy Boy had Chris Farley and David Spade in it. You may remember a scene where he manipulated cars to "demonstrate" how brake pads work.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby kiwi » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:26 pm

General Marriott Suites wrote:Barbara, Tommy Boy had Chris Farley and David Spade in it. You may remember a scene where he manipulated cars to "demonstrate" how brake pads work.

Don't think I'm a total dork...but I'd never even heard of it...not everything makes it over to Paris...though I bet David Gasman would know it...he's up on just about anything in popular culture.
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Malkmusian » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:41 pm

I bet he would.
Sorry I was gone.
Malkmusian offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:51 pm

Kudos especially to David Gasman and Jodi Forrest, and to the animators for making the students be children again. :D
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby IshiyamaYumi » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:47 am

Hi Barbara, how are you? I would just like to tell you how great of a job you have done on your voice acting. It is amazing how much control you have of your voice and how you are able to make a variety of voices that you can make and how you can communicate a large range of emotions using your voice. When ever I act my voice goes funny and I rely heavily on body language. I was wondering if when you are having spare time do you and the other voice actors ever make up funny situations and acting them in the voices of the code lyoko characters just for fun and something to do?
IshiyamaYumi offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby kiwi » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:51 pm

IshiyamaYumi wrote:Hi Barbara, how are you? I would just like to tell you how great of a job you have done on your voice acting. It is amazing how much control you have of your voice and how you are able to make a variety of voices that you can make and how you can communicate a large range of emotions using your voice. When ever I act my voice goes funny and I rely heavily on body language. I was wondering if when you are having spare time do you and the other voice actors ever make up funny situations and acting them in the voices of the code lyoko characters just for fun and something to do?

Hi I.Y., that's a really nice question! Well we don't actually have that much time to just joke around, especially at the studio, because every minute counts...but there have been times when at lunch break someone will make a joke in the voice of a character...it's very rare though. We are all actually happy to take a break from doing the character's voices, and just be ourselves. then when we get back to work we're refreshed and happy to "become" our characters again.
It takes awhile to really become at ease with one's voice and body when starting out in acting...that's why taking classes are so important. Practise really helps.
Thanks for writing!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby TB3 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:49 pm

Hi Barbara - good to see you again - how's things been these past few months? :)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kiwi » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:11 pm

TB3 wrote:Hi Barbara - good to see you again - how's things been these past few months? :)

Great!! SO much work, Audrey's great, and Paris, is, at least today, sunny! Nice to hear from you! when the docu coming out? :)
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:13 pm

Hi Barbara! =D Good to see ya! S4 is getting kinda mid-tier, but I LOVED "A Lack of Goodwill" in spite of a few things! Your performance as Tamiya was just darling. ^_^ Her and Millie should have become Warriors, but noooooo! ;__;
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby TB3 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:34 pm

kiwi wrote:
TB3 wrote:Hi Barbara - good to see you again - how's things been these past few months? :)

Great!! SO much work, Audrey's great, and Paris, is, at least today, sunny! Nice to hear from you! when the docu coming out? :)

Well with luck October 9th, the day in the show that Jeremie discovered the supercomputer - that's if my computer comes back from being repaired OK (adware's gotten embedded into Windows Explorer, and then it all goes haywire - kinda imagine all those times Jeremie makes an error with the supercomputer ;) ).

Glad to hear Audrey's well and the weather's clement - how much longer do you guys have left working on the show, and are you recording dialogue for the Nintendo Wii game 'Code: Lyoko Quest for Infinity', cos I've been planning nasty letters for the game manufacturers if you're not hired (wink).

:)
LORD HIGH TRANSLATOR!

Joined Sept. 16th 2005, Post Tally 6423 (as of January 21st 2010)
TB3 offline
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Taelia » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:36 pm

C'mon, we can't let CL end now, Barbara!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Cassius335 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:15 pm

Taelia wrote:Hi Barbara! =D Good to see ya! S4 is getting kinda mid-tier, but I LOVED "A Lack of Goodwill" in spite of a few things! Your performance as Tamiya was just darling. ^_^ Her and Millie should have become Warriors, but noooooo! ;__;

Throw Hiroki and Johnny in as well and I'm sold.

*cough* Anyway, glad to know you're doing well, Barbara; give our regards to the others, ok? This season's been going great so far. Will be interesting to see how everything plays out.
ImageImage
---
"There are advantages in being honest about your own limitations: you gain the right to talk about the limitations of others." - Science of The Discworld 3
Cassius335 offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

PreviousNext