Lyoko Freak: 2005 - 2015. Return to the past now....

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:58 am

Barbara Weber-Scaff a.k.a. Ulrich Stern (and Kiwi )

Chat with the real-life actors who brought your favorite Code Lyoko characters to life!

Moderators: MG, kiwi, jerlita, mirabelle, Cher's Spare Parts, bambi, The Administrators, Moderators

Postby kiwi » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:14 am

Chosen_one wrote:Ulrich's new clothes, including what looks like a brown jacket, gives me the impression that they are in a nice, cold place. :D

Nice job with saying "Big Fat Cheesehead," Ms. Weber-Scaff. That was my favorite line in the entire series.

The nice cold place is France; probably in the Paris suburbs, in May, June or July- it was freezing here!!!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:47 am

I just found out that Arthur and the Minimoys in the States had several scenes cut in the dubbed version, Barbara. And I didn't hear you in it. :( But, on a good note, I can't wait to see Ulrich's virtual form in the real world. :)

I really don't want CL to end. It's gettin' very good!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:03 pm

I've said this so many times before :) Movies need to follow up, explaining everything, maybe a few drawn out attacks, etc. Code Lyoko can't end at Season 4!
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MY85 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:06 pm

In a non-CL related question: how's the Harry Potter madness in France since the 7th book's release?
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby kiwi » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:18 pm

Taelia wrote:I just found out that Arthur and the Minimoys in the States had several scenes cut in the dubbed version, Barbara. And I didn't hear you in it. :( But, on a good note, I can't wait to see Ulrich's virtual form in the real world. :)

I really don't want CL to end. It's gettin' very good!

I'm not in the US version, which they tailored for the US; I haven't seen it. However I am in the basic English version for the rest of the world- we got the french release DVD and listened to it in English and that's me doing Mino. The US version has a child TV star doing the role, which I'm sure is great, as he is indeed a little guy character.
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:19 pm

kamekai wrote:I've said this so many times before :) Movies need to follow up, explaining everything, maybe a few drawn out attacks, etc. Code Lyoko can't end at Season 4!

I totally agree...let 'em know! If enough fans write to Moonscoop, maybe they'll extend it to a 5th season!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:21 pm

MakeYourself85 wrote:In a non-CL related question: how's the Harry Potter madness in France since the 7th book's release?

At 1am Paris time all the English bookstores here were open late with release parites..my next door neighbour who is French, is reading it in English because she can't wait. I'll probably get my copy tomorrow since I couldn't get to a bookstore on Friday night!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Kamekai » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:25 pm

kiwi wrote:
kamekai wrote:I've said this so many times before :) Movies need to follow up, explaining everything, maybe a few drawn out attacks, etc. Code Lyoko can't end at Season 4!

I totally agree...let 'em know! If enough fans write to Moonscoop, maybe they'll extend it to a 5th season!

You heard that guys? write! write! write!
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby DeadViolet » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:25 pm

Taelia wrote:I really don't want CL to end. It's gettin' very good!
I thought you said it was crappy.

*I'm that one crazy girl formerly known as Misha*
DeadViolet offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:43 pm

when did that happen?
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Chosen_one » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:45 pm

Of course it's not crappy. As time goes by and seasons pass, the story gets more and more deep, intricate, and complicated. In the first season, the episodes were rarely more than just showing different XANA attacks and until the end of the season it was ultimately inconsequential which order you watched the episodes in. In the second season, however, as Franz Hopper and Carthage were introduced, there was more of a plot and a storyline, and an introduction to the origin of Lyoko was introduced. In the third season, the story progresses with Aelita's memories of her past, and finally, in the fourth season, we get to see how it all ends and how XANA will finally be vanquished. But that's a bit off-topic.

Mrs. Weber-Scaff, do you think it's a bit unfair that Israel and the United States are receiving the Season 4 broadcast before France, Code Lyoko's country of origin? I'm not sure if you know anything about this topic, but is there any trouble with the French voice actors?
The Chosen One
Consul of the Republic of Destiny
Conqueror of the Empire of Fate
I have received 2480 replied notifications.
Click here to go to my 1337th post.
Click Here to view the longest thread in Lyoko Freak history.
Chosen_one offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby Taelia » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:43 pm

Part of me is in denial on whether or not the "final season" stuff is a hoax. But I agree with Kamekai and Kiwi, let 'em know!
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby zex marquise » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:47 pm

kiwi wrote:
Mewberries151 wrote:...Guys...please keep on-topic. ^^; Discussion is alright, but this is a VA thread, so keep that in mind, okay? Thanks. :)

It's absolutely a delight to see you back on the forum, Mrs. Weber-Scaff! :D

...I have one little question...did you or one of the VAs come up with the "Big Fat Cheese Head" line in "Crash Course", or was that scripted in? *giggles*

that line, like most, is the invention of the talented Allan Wenger, who writes the adaptations. :D

The man's a genius.

Glad to hear you're keeping busy. :) Did they ever tell you what happened at the pool?
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby Kamekai » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:34 am

she might not be able to say, unless the answers no, so either way she has to tell you that she can't say. (I think. :umm:)
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby MY85 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:40 am

kiwi wrote:The US version has a child TV star doing the role, which I'm sure is great, as he is indeed a little guy character.

Yup, that's Erik Per Sullivan, most famous for being Dewey at Malcolm In The Middle.

kiwi wrote:
MakeYourself85 wrote:In a non-CL related question: how's the Harry Potter madness in France since the 7th book's release?

At 1am Paris time all the English bookstores here were open late with release parites..my next door neighbour who is French, is reading it in English because she can't wait. I'll probably get my copy tomorrow since I couldn't get to a bookstore on Friday night!

Didn't knew you read the Potter books. I'm sure you'll have fun with the 7th book. I enjoyed it a lot. ;)

kiwi wrote:it's a luxury to be busy in this business.

So are you saying the unemployment rate is high in France, or Paris? I think one of the VAs said it's pretty hard to get a job as a voice actor.
Lani wrote:Eh, in the end, people (real or cartoon) are naked and having a good time. What's wrong with that?
MY85 offline

Postby kiwi » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:31 am

Chosen_one wrote:Of course it's not crappy. As time goes by and seasons pass, the story gets more and more deep, intricate, and complicated. In the first season, the episodes were rarely more than just showing different XANA attacks and until the end of the season it was ultimately inconsequential which order you watched the episodes in. In the second season, however, as Franz Hopper and Carthage were introduced, there was more of a plot and a storyline, and an introduction to the origin of Lyoko was introduced. In the third season, the story progresses with Aelita's memories of her past, and finally, in the fourth season, we get to see how it all ends and how XANA will finally be vanquished. But that's a bit off-topic.

Mrs. Weber-Scaff, do you think it's a bit unfair that Israel and the United States are receiving the Season 4 broadcast before France, Code Lyoko's country of origin? I'm not sure if you know anything about this topic, but is there any trouble with the French voice actors?

I don't know or have any contact with the French cast...and don't really have an opinion about the release date. All I know is that we weren't invited to the Moonscoop party!! :umm:
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby Taelia » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:42 pm

Awwwwww. :(

Hey, out of Ulrich's mom and dad, Barbara, who do you like better? :)
Taelia offline
Lyoko Freak
Lyoko Freak

Postby Kamekai » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:24 pm

well, that's an easy one.
Kamekai offline
Star Fighter
Star Fighter

Postby japansushi » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:04 pm

you are in France? awesome! you gotta tell me, barbara, what is it like in France :nyeh!: ? when i grow up i want to be a translator and France is one of the countries I really want to go to! im learning french currently.
=^_^=
japansushi offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby zex marquise » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:13 am

Well, nearly everyone in France goes clubbing like every night.
My other car is a gundam.
zex marquise offline
Jeremie's Assistant
Jeremie's Assistant

Postby kiwi » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:53 am

japansushi wrote:you are in France? awesome! you gotta tell me, barbara, what is it like in France :nyeh!: ? when i grow up i want to be a translator and France is one of the countries I really want to go to! im learning french currently.

I love living in France, tho'I'm sure it's not for everyone. Translating is definitely one of the most interesting and important jobs on the planet...and it's going to get more and more important as the world gets smaller...how do you like learning french? I think it's a very cool language myself!
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby kiwi » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:54 am

zex marquise wrote:Well, nearly everyone in France goes clubbing like every night.

Not when they have a two year old they don't!! ;)
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby japansushi » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:46 am

kiwi wrote:
japansushi wrote:you are in France? awesome! you gotta tell me, barbara, what is it like in France :nyeh!: ? when i grow up i want to be a translator and France is one of the countries I really want to go to! im learning french currently.

I love living in France, tho'I'm sure it's not for everyone. Translating is definitely one of the most interesting and important jobs on the planet...and it's going to get more and more important as the world gets smaller...how do you like learning french? I think it's a very cool language myself!

j'aime francais! i think it is a very great language! i have many people helping me. my geography teacher from last grade lived in france for 5 years, and so she is going to lend me her learn french books when school starts again this september. and my 3rd cousin in canada is also helping me learn. she taught people from Chile how to speak english, so she knows how to help teach me. and my one friend is learning along with me. and this christmas my parents are gonna help me get Rosetta Stone French. ^_^
=^_^=
japansushi offline
New Kid
New Kid

Postby kiwi » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:33 pm

[

j'aime francais! i think it is a very great language! i have many people helping me. my geography teacher from last grade lived in france for 5 years, and so she is going to lend me her learn french books when school starts again this september. and my 3rd cousin in canada is also helping me learn. she taught people from Chile how to speak english, so she knows how to help teach me. and my one friend is learning along with me. and this christmas my parents are gonna help me get Rosetta Stone French. ^_^[/quote]

well, bonne chance et bonne continuation, as we'd say! You should look on the Code Lyoko France website and see how much you can figure out! The voices are VERY different, so don't be too surprised... ;)
kiwi offline
Voice Actor
Voice Actor

Postby ginolyoko12 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:34 pm

Hi Barbara!
I live in France too and my name Gino-Ulrich
(Not gonna put my last name and middle name for safety purposes)

Anyways,I think Ulrich is the best character in Code Lyoko.

But one question.What are your favorite top 3 episodes and it can be in any season.

~Season 4 rules!
My real name is Johnathan Ulrich Gino Dela-Cruz
But call me Gino for short :D
I'm 17!
ginolyoko12 offline
Friend of Team Lyoko
Friend of Team Lyoko

PreviousNext